Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Their O gets fewer opportunities if we can sustain some drives. That matchup basically took Bijan out of the game. Would have liked to see him get some passes out in the flats. I didn't see what they were doing to take that away though.

They scored 54 fucking points off only one Texas turnover. For you to blame anything but our defense makes you fucking retarded even by Surly standards. Just stop. You can crawl as fully up your own asshole as you want trying to argue theoretical "well if we had just done this one thing then that one play wouldn't have happened" bla bla fucking bla. 662 yards. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, HateYouAndMyself said:

They scored 54 fucking points off only one Texas turnover. For you to blame anything but our defense makes you fucking retarded even by Surly standards. Just stop. You can crawl as fully up your own asshole as you want trying to argue theoretical "well if we had just done this one thing then that one play wouldn't have happened" bla bla fucking bla. 662 yards. 

Username 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Yes but you know good teams run on defenses to close the game. This oline turtled.  Oline carrys the blame. 

7 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Their O gets fewer opportunities if we can sustain some drives. That matchup basically took Bijan out of the game. Would have liked to see him get some passes out in the flats. I didn't see what they were doing to take that away though.

Sure, but 48 points should’ve been enough. The DL played even worse than the OL.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Yeah sometimes you stop a team from scoring by not allowing them to possess the ball. We failed terribly at that today. I bet if we sustain at least 3 drives in the second half they don't score 54 points and we likely win. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Yeah sometimes you stop a team from scoring by not allowing them to possess the ball. We failed terribly at that today. I bet if we sustain at least 3 drives in the second half they don't score 54 points and we likely win. 

3 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Yes but you know good teams run on defenses to close the game. This oline turtled.  Oline carrys the blame. 

I get both your points. They are valid. We would have won if we could have simply run the minutes off the clock with some sustained drives in the second half. But we gave up 27 fucking points (not counting the additional 7 points off the fumbled KR) in the final 16 minutes of the game. Even if we just punted on first down every time they kicked it back off to us they shouldn't have been able to do that. Our defense rolled over, shit itself and cried for the entirety of the second half and that is absolutely who is ultimately to blame. Context matters, and I would honestly believe you if you told me Jake Majors and Karic had bet money on OU to win, but come on..    662 fucking yards with ANY context is just absurdly unacceptable. 

• Like 2

Just now, HateYouAndMyself said:

I get both your points. They are valid. We would have won if we could have simply run the minutes off the clock with some sustained drives in the second half. But we gave up 27 fucking points (not counting the additional 7 points off the fumbled KR) in the final 16 minutes of the game. Even if we just punted on first down every time they kicked it back off to us they shouldn't have been able to do that. Our defense rolled over, shit itself and cried for the entirety of the second half and that is absolutely who is ultimately to blame. Context matters, and I would honestly believe you if you told me Jake Majors and Karic had bet money on OU to win, but come on..    662 fucking yards with ANY context is just absurdly unacceptable. 

Takes like these tells me you have never played meaningful football in your life. No you can't just punt the ball on first down and expect any defense to hold up, let alone ours that are full of jags. 

3 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Takes like these tells me you have never played meaningful football in your life. No you can't just punt the ball on first down and expect any defense to hold up, let alone ours that are full of jags. 

And a response like this tells me you have no sense of humor or ability to detect hyperbole. The offense did more than what should have been enough down the stretch to carry the lead and sustain the win. When you add in the 6-8 minute commercial breaks on both sides of every possession change the defense had plenty of rest. Nor did they even look gassed. They were just not at all in the right position to make plays and the rare times they were they shit themselves and got outclassed or couldn't make a tackle to save their fucking life. 

edit: enough about this shit either way. This isn't the post game thread and I shouldn't have started this line of convo here anyway. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

5 minutes ago, Real Papi said:

Outcome sucked, defensive let down but there is no way Sark shouldn’t have dialed up more second half points against any blow u defense.  What are the recruits saying, that is all that matters in Sark’s transition year

Interesting point.  If you are a high school defensive stud,  do you think I can start there, or do you think they suck and I should look elsewhere 

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Real Papi said:

Outcome sucked, defensive let down but there is no way Sark shouldn’t have dialed up more second half points against any blow u defense.  What are the recruits saying, that is all that matters in Sark’s transition year

Kinda hard to dial up an offense when the OL is putting us behind with dumb penalties on nearly every drive in the 2nd half. That routinely killed us.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

The defense was a clear issue, but the OL was a big part of them getting back on the field over and over. 

I was so excited when Foster committed, now I can't wait to see him graduate. He needs to play as near to the LOS as possible.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

I mean, it's possible for more than one position group to carry the blame. Collapsing the way we did requires incompetence on both sides of the ball.

The biggest concern was our defense couldn't stop blOU on the ground at all. And not just the second half when they were gassed, but all throughout the game they ran it down our throats.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If you’re an offensive recruit I think this game was still a net positive. Casey, Worthy and of course Bijan balled out even with a bad OL. Obv could be been way more positive though.

If you’re on D, idk. Sure, early playing time opportunity but damn it’s hard to have faith in the coaches after that cluster. Tbh the scheme seemed ok, we had players in position to make plays most of the time. But individual performance (which is on coaches too) was a nightmare - missed tackles and gap assignments + those damn jump balls we couldn’t defend. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Kinda hard to dial up an offense when the OL is putting us behind with dumb penalties on nearly every drive in the 2nd half. That routinely killed us.

This. We also kept getting backed up bc of dumb special teams which limited play all options 

39 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

We sucked but the fact that they only called 1 hold against BlowU is insane. I just don't understand how they get away with it sooooo fucking often

Big 12 ref incompetence, and also OU probably made the calculation that if they hold on every fucking play there's no way the refs would call all of them. 

On 10/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, ousux said:
On 10/8/2021 at 12:37 PM, jdhorn92 said:
I dont know man, living in the Park Cities, nice 7 figure salary.  No pressure, the team is winning and the HC seems like he is staying put for awhile.  With the portal game in full force, winning 9-10 games seems legit easy for SMU right now.  Compare a cushion 5-7 year job at a million per vs the pressure cooker of Austin for 20% ? more, with as much uncertainty we have had the last 10 years.   May be harder than we think to pull him away.  Its going to take 10 win seasons, beating teams we should etc. to build confidence imo

Wait, who is making 5-7 mil as a postion coach...or coordinator?

Re-read the post 

Someone talk me off the ledge. We have a lot of returning talent on defense and a staff that is widely recognized as one of the betters staffs in football yet we made the 1997 Texas defense look like the 1999 Baltimore Ravens. Tell me we are going to be flooded with a lot of blue chip recruits who can turn this thing around. Because right now it feels like we have another Tom Herman as our coach. 

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Someone talk me off the ledge. We have a lot of returning talent on defense and a staff that is widely recognized as one of the betters staffs in football yet we made the 1997 Texas defense look like the 1999 Baltimore Ravens. Tell me we are going to be flooded with a lot of blue chip recruits who can turn this thing around. Because right now it feels like we have another Tom Herman as our coach. 

Bullshit.  It's year 1 and he has show the ability to get his best player the ball. He fixes the lines and he's good

• Hook 'Em 7

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Seriously?  This staff schemed to get their players open and exploit OU weaknesses.

We got worn down and out athleted by a better more experienced team. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Maybe the returning talent wasn’t that good in the first place, recruiting rankings or not. Our Dline was sunshine pumped out the ass against a bad Oline in the off-season. I mean does bush and Luke B. even play that much for any other team in the big12 outside of Kansas? 

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

Seriously?  This staff schemed to get their players open and exploit OU weaknesses.

We got worn down and out athleted by a better more experienced team. 

That was a true freshman QB and probably the weakest offensive team Riley had coached so far. 

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Back off the ledge. We're going to be flooded with a lot of blue chip recruits who can turn this thing around.

15 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

You don't need anyone to talk you off the ledge you need someone to tell you to stop being a pussy. And the only way this looked liked a Tom Herman game is because we are playing with players he recruited. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

Back off the ledge. We're going to be flooded with a lot of blue chip recruits who can turn this thing around.

Hope this comes to fruition because "out athlete-ing" the other team seems to be this coaching staff's only chance against better competition. Thus far, they have not shown the desire to adjust their approach and play calling when it becomes ineffective.

@Deej explained it best:

Square Peg In A Round Hole GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

4 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Back off the ledge. We're going to be flooded with a lot of blue chip recruits who can turn this thing around. (just like under Herman)

FIFY

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That was a true freshman QB and probably the weakest offensive team Riley had coached so far. 

Yeah Williams is a freshman and we should have exploited it more but that OU team was a completely different animal when he was put in. 

1 minute ago, DoneWithit said:

Yeah Williams is a freshman and we should have exploited it more but that OU team was a completely different animal when he was put in. 

exploit it how? He had all day to throw and our blitzes weren't working. He threw 2 amazing balls and one arm punt that BJ Foster is still looking for with the back of his head.

He really didn't even need to scramble to beat us which is the most sobering part of it.

Baylor and Gerry Bohanon are gonna do something similar to us in Waco if we don't get this fixed ASAP.

Edge and LB play was atrocious. Demo gets fooled on miss direction plays all the dam time when all he has to do is read his guard. Luke was catch blockers all game instead of filling the gap. This is shit that should have been fixed in practice. On top of that we are a terrible tackling team. 

Edited by CoachTex
Can't spell for shit
  • Rage+1 1

Bullshit.  It's year 1 and he has show the ability to get his best player the ball. He fixes the lines and he's good

• Like 1

From the great show succession- “It’s cloudy, It’s sunny.”

I don’t think we lost much recruiting clout. We certainly lost momentum. But we can get back to that place and play this game again. Next weekend is already on the clock. 

I think our recruiting bullshit is still in tact. These games matter, but other stuff matters more. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

exploit it how? He had all day to throw and our blitzes weren't working. He threw 2 amazing balls and one arm punt that BJ Foster is still looking for with the back of his head.

He really didn't even need to scramble to beat us which is the most sobering part of it.

Baylor and Gerry Bohanon are gonna do something similar to us in Waco if we don't get this fixed ASAP.

Stop being a bitch

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting