Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 hours ago, Dummy said:

I know this topic has likely been discussed on the board, so apologies for bring up old shit, but I missed a bit on here this fall. 

Why couldn't we Burnt Ends our way to crowd-sourcing some high school OL recruits that aren't in-state? I know you can't make any NIL money contingent on them signing with us, but I thought Quinn left early so that he could get that $1MM endorsement deal of whatever because Texas was one of the few states that wouldn't let kids in high school take advantage. If there are other states out there that do (maybe Washington), would it be possible to put together some money and let Malik Agbo know that we're a high brow establishment that likes to sponsor/interview (whatever the necessary conditions would be) elite high school offensive lineman that have verbally committed to UT "that are the future of the program" (or some fluffy bullshit). Obviously there's no guarantee that comes with paying him that money, but that's a crowdsourced bet I'm willing to take. 

no_dummy.gif.08a68edb09dea954170cc45605bb2116.gif

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The clip does make me shake my head at how it seems like every region outside the Houston area has these indoor multi-use facilities... Can't decide if just too much for high school or just jealous or likely both.  In Fort Bend most schools would settle for weight rooms with ceilings over 9 ft and A/C that actually works.

6 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

Anyone here having any plumbing contacts in the Greater Houston area? Maybe Cristobal took a massive dump and plugged the toilet at Banks house.

*Plumber opens toilet*

"Wait just a minute sir.. did you flush a sock full of gold coins down this toilet?"

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Will Campbell has been working up the energy to decommit for two months. Texas is all over him, but so is everyone else. There's some buzz that Texas would be one of the most likely destinations for him should he abandon the LSU grease fire. Maybe there's something to it.

Someone alluded to Ketchum getting wind of whatever it is and fucking it up, and that's the likeliest outcome. If Roach already knows something and is calling around blurting out whatever he knows looking for confirmation, word will eventually get back to fatfuck Ketchum. From there, it's minutes before he starts bloviating on whatever it is and eventually tips off the other staff to recommit the player asap. Our only hope is that Pluckers is having some sort aggressive special tonight regarding wings, vats of cheese, and bacon.

The PNW discussion makes me want to drop everything and move there. I've lived in Houston or Austin all my life and I fucking hate the heat and humidity. 

Denver sir.. Texas sun, zero humidity, Portland temperatures, and all the edibles you can eat.

Also, if Ketch screws up a possible high end OL committing here, I will personally drive to his house and kick him in his jowl covered taint. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Will Campbell has been working up the energy to decommit for two months. Texas is all over him, but so is everyone else. There's some buzz that Texas would be one of the most likely destinations for him should he abandon the LSU grease fire. Maybe there's something to it.

Someone alluded to Ketchum getting wind of whatever it is and fucking it up, and that's the likeliest outcome. If Roach already knows something and is calling around blurting out whatever he knows looking for confirmation, word will eventually get back to fatfuck Ketchum. From there, it's minutes before he starts bloviating on whatever it is and eventually tips off the other staff to recommit the player asap. Our only hope is that Pluckers is having some sort aggressive special tonight regarding wings, vats of cheese, and bacon.

The PNW discussion makes me want to drop everything and move there. I've lived in Houston or Austin all my life and I fucking hate the heat and humidity. 

Our 995ers are so detrimental to our program. 

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Spoiler

Inside Texas hits DFW for the latest on some of the 2022 offensive line targets for Texas in Devon Campbell and Cam Williams, plus an Arch Manning nugget. Enjoy the evening news.

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022:

After watching the nation’s No. 1 offensive guard in person again, he’s still the man. The top Texas target for 2022 recently took in his first Red River Shootout and came away overwhelmed with the intensity and competition in the rivalry.

Campbell tells IT he’s a maybe for Saturday’s Texas-Oklahoma State contest. He’s going to get with his uncle about making the trip.

His interest in the Longhorns is still strong. He still sees all the positives that Kyle Flood and Jeff Banks are selling. He’s also still looking at using his last official visit in Austin later this season.

His interest in OU also remains strong, especially after Saturday. He told IT that Oklahoma is a good mix of business-like atmosphere and family.

His timeline is announcing at the Under Armour All-American game. I asked if he’d sign in the early period or later, and he's unsure at this time.

DUNCANVILLE

Here’s the latest on a number of prospects at Duncanville and their relationships with UT.

DE Omari Abor (2022): The four-star defensive end hurt his shoulder recently and could miss the next game vs Waxahachie. Alabama and Ohio State continue to court the multi-sport star for the Panthers. Oregon, Clemson, and Texas are also in pursuit. OU has pulled back in these sweepstakes.

There’s a sense UT’s Chris Gilbert is keeping the Horns in this conversation. But it appears to still be a long shot for the Longhorns at this time.

OT Cam Williams (2022): Texas remains in contact with the ginormous tackle and Oregon pledge. Despite his commitment status being solid to Mario Cristobal’s Ducks, the UT staff won’t relent until his signs. He wasn’t able to catch the Texas-OU game on Saturday because of practice, and he doesn’t have any plans to visit Austin at this time. But this class needs tackles and the Horns know it.

OL Jaylen Early (2022): The 6-foot-4, 300-pound Florida State commit is one that if the Longhorns came calling, would be significant in his recruitment. He has great feet and quickness for the position, but the Horns are not interested at this time. Texas A&M and OL coach John Henson was pushing earlier this year, but have subsided of late. Early appears happy in his pledge to the Seminoles.

DL Alex January (2024): The son of former Longhorn, Michael January, is the starting defensive tackle for Duncanville’s state ranked team at 16 years old. At 6-foot-4, 310 pounds, he’s one to remember. Quality baseball prospect too.

ONE FINAL NOTE

QB Arch Manning, Isidore Newman (New Orleans, LA) - 2023

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound five-star signal-caller is set to fly into Austin between 5:30-6pm on Friday evening. He’ll be joined by 2023 tight end and Newman teammate Will Randle, who holds a Texas offer.

Isidore Newman plays on Thursday night at Southeastern Louisiana. Texas coaches Steve Sarkisian and AJ Milwee are expected to attend.

My percentages on the junior prodigy from NOLA:

“Texas. 70%.

After spending the evening with Arch, his father, and head coach, I get the sense Texas is the leader of the pack. Each competitor has a built-in advantage; Georgia and Matt Luke. Alabama and Nick Saban’s success. Clemson and it’s recent run with quarterbacks. Ole Miss and the family tradition. But Texas has an advantage too; Steve Sarkisian. Ever since Sark took over the head coaching duties at UT, he’s made Arch Manning the priority for 2023. As long as Texas’ offense continues to thrive on Saturdays, it’ll be Arch Madness in Austin.”

2 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:
  Hide contents

Inside Texas hits DFW for the latest on some of the 2022 offensive line targets for Texas in Devon Campbell and Cam Williams, plus an Arch Manning nugget. Enjoy the evening news.

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022:

After watching the nation’s No. 1 offensive guard in person again, he’s still the man. The top Texas target for 2022 recently took in his first Red River Shootout and came away overwhelmed with the intensity and competition in the rivalry.

Campbell tells IT he’s a maybe for Saturday’s Texas-Oklahoma State contest. He’s going to get with his uncle about making the trip.

His interest in the Longhorns is still strong. He still sees all the positives that Kyle Flood and Jeff Banks are selling. He’s also still looking at using his last official visit in Austin later this season.

His interest in OU also remains strong, especially after Saturday. He told IT that Oklahoma is a good mix of business-like atmosphere and family.

His timeline is announcing at the Under Armour All-American game. I asked if he’d sign in the early period or later, and he's unsure at this time.

DUNCANVILLE

Here’s the latest on a number of prospects at Duncanville and their relationships with UT.

DE Omari Abor (2022): The four-star defensive end hurt his shoulder recently and could miss the next game vs Waxahachie. Alabama and Ohio State continue to court the multi-sport star for the Panthers. Oregon, Clemson, and Texas are also in pursuit. OU has pulled back in these sweepstakes.

There’s a sense UT’s Chris Gilbert is keeping the Horns in this conversation. But it appears to still be a long shot for the Longhorns at this time.

OT Cam Williams (2022): Texas remains in contact with the ginormous tackle and Oregon pledge. Despite his commitment status being solid to Mario Cristobal’s Ducks, the UT staff won’t relent until his signs. He wasn’t able to catch the Texas-OU game on Saturday because of practice, and he doesn’t have any plans to visit Austin at this time. But this class needs tackles and the Horns know it.

OL Jaylen Early (2022): The 6-foot-4, 300-pound Florida State commit is one that if the Longhorns came calling, would be significant in his recruitment. He has great feet and quickness for the position, but the Horns are not interested at this time. Texas A&M and OL coach John Henson was pushing earlier this year, but have subsided of late. Early appears happy in his pledge to the Seminoles.

DL Alex January (2024): The son of former Longhorn, Michael January, is the starting defensive tackle for Duncanville’s state ranked team at 16 years old. At 6-foot-4, 310 pounds, he’s one to remember. Quality baseball prospect too.

ONE FINAL NOTE

QB Arch Manning, Isidore Newman (New Orleans, LA) - 2023

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound five-star signal-caller is set to fly into Austin between 5:30-6pm on Friday evening. He’ll be joined by 2023 tight end and Newman teammate Will Randle, who holds a Texas offer.

Isidore Newman plays on Thursday night at Southeastern Louisiana. Texas coaches Steve Sarkisian and AJ Milwee are expected to attend.

My percentages on the junior prodigy from NOLA:

“Texas. 70%.

After spending the evening with Arch, his father, and head coach, I get the sense Texas is the leader of the pack. Each competitor has a built-in advantage; Georgia and Matt Luke. Alabama and Nick Saban’s success. Clemson and it’s recent run with quarterbacks. Ole Miss and the family tradition. But Texas has an advantage too; Steve Sarkisian. Ever since Sark took over the head coaching duties at UT, he’s made Arch Manning the priority for 2023. As long as Texas’ offense continues to thrive on Saturdays, it’ll be Arch Madness in Austin.”

Sounds like Early might have something going on beyond on-field play. Or they might just think he'll get fat.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Colorado, man. Fuck that humidity nonsense without having to live in perpetual bad weather. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He summers in Galveston. 

57 minutes ago, Viper said:

I think you mean Jamaica

Sadly, the Galveston home is on the chopping block. The kids are all doing extracurriculars year round and we don’t get to go down there often enough to justify it while they’re in this stage. 

I’ll let you assholes know when I buy one in Bend or Ft. Collins though. 

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sadly, the Galveston home is on the chopping block. The kids are all doing extracurriculars year round and we don’t get to go down there often enough to justify it while they’re in this stage. 

Just sold ours in Pirates beach for the same reasons. Kids are too young to fully enjoy it and too much of a bitch to get down there most weekends

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Coeur d’alene / Spokane > Bend.  Well, imo.

Edited by cochamps
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The clip does make me shake my head at how it seems like every region outside the Houston area has these indoor multi-use facilities... Can't decide if just too much for high school or just jealous or likely both.  In Fort Bend most schools would settle for weight rooms with ceilings over 9 ft and A/C that actually works.

You need to accept the fact that you live in a poverty stricken wasteland. If Arlington ISD can find the money to build these facilities at every HS in the district then anyone should be able to as well. The fact that they can’t just reaffirms the first sentence of my post

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Good friend lives in bend.   He loves it and yea he’s conservative.   Couer d’alene is more conservative 

It's a great combo of extreme klan-level racism, and meth. 

Total shithole. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

You willfully live in California. Your opinion is invalid.

I've got family up there.  My Aunt lives there.  My cousin lives there.  My cousin's kids live there.  I've visited on more than a few occasions. 

My Cousin's estranged husband has at least 6 DWI's.  He literally did a couple years in prison for drunk driving, due to so many prior offenses.  He thinks Bend is Heaven on earth.  

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

...word will eventually get back to fatfuck Ketchum. From there, it's minutes before he starts bloviating on whatever it is and eventually tips off the other staff to recommit the player asap. Our only hope is that Pluckers is having some sort aggressive special tonight regarding wings, vats of cheese, and bacon.

Maybe ketch will be off on another ham quest...

• Haha 2

Minus FCHorn Ft. Collins is the tits. Perfect sized college town. It's everything Austin thinks it once was. Ten minutes to the front range.
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I've got family up there.  My Aunt lives there.  My cousin lives there.  My cousin's kids live there.  I've visited on more than a few occasions. 

My Cousin's estranged husband has at least 6 DWI's.  He literally did a couple years in prison for drunk driving, due to so many prior offenses.  He thinks Bend is Heaven on earth.  

TMI

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

37 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Coeur d’alene / Spokane > Bend.  Well, imo.

20 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Bend is the most horrible, redneck, piece of shit place on planet earth.

15 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Good friend lives in bend.   He loves it and yea he’s conservative.   Couer d’alene is more conservative 

If you folks are gonna continue to bounce around the country or world,  let's at least include Carmen...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting