Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

41 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Won't do what again? Pay DJ ? Pay a college athlete? Pay for an incoming freshman that has had no results prior to school?

Dr. Pepper for sure will pay another college athlete. They'll just do a better job of picking next time. The big brands are just hoping to hit on the next Zion Williamson or Trevor Lawrence or whomever.

Dr Pepper fucked up by going out of state.  Plenty of really good freshman going somewhere in-state. 

I mean - Dr Pepper picking some kid in South Carolina who is from California? Blech. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Won't do what again? Pay DJ ? Pay a college athlete? Pay for an incoming freshman that has had no results prior to school?

Dr. Pepper for sure will pay another college athlete. They'll just do a better job of picking next time. The big brands are just hoping to hit on the next Zion Williamson or Trevor Lawrence or whomever.

DJ wasn’t an incoming freshman. He had a 400+ yard game vs ND last year, hence why everyone thought he was the real deal. Just goes to show.

• Hook 'Em 2

Not that anyone says it’s happening but I don’t see Anderson flipping to Texas. Unless by a miracle, Texas wins the rest of their games (lulz) and atm loses some. then maybe I can see it. Texas had their shot and aggy beating bama didn’t help. Kinda shocked this staff isn’t better at recruiting or mostly going all Chris Beard and saying fuck it. Make the NIL work do what you have to do. Anderson wasn’t bought , mostly talking about the others.

Dr Pepper fucked up by going out of state.  Plenty of really good freshman going somewhere in-state. 
I mean - Dr Pepper picking some kid in South Carolina who is from California? Blech. 
Strategic, they know Coke dominates the Southeast. It would have been a mild coup had Ukelelele been a slightly above average QB.

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Even SC admits that we indeed raced. 4 consecutive 100 yard sprints. The dispute is that I'm telling the truth when I say that I beat him by at least 10 yards each time, and he's of this belief that he was ever so close each time. I mean, I turned around after finishing one of the heats and filmed him coming down the field.

So Sydney didn't really lose.  

He just ran out of yards.

On 10/28/2021 at 12:49 PM, closetojumping said:

I've got a different point of view on the entrenchment of fucked up "We're Texas" logic and when things will change than I guess @SydneyCarton and @Barbacoa and others on here. 

I've seen a weird confluence of relatively unrelated issues mash-up against each other regarding UT over the last 6 months. Like first hand. My view after being in the middle of all of it in some form is that I'm not sure the fucked-up mindsets from the administration, various UT staffs, and the higher-level boosters around the program aren't actually systemic and perhaps never going away barring something cataclysmic. 

We've done a ton of work on NIL related shit. I'm very proud of the genuine effort and outputs I've seen from people like us on this board and other like-minded individuals elsewhere. Largely, the work that has been done has been altruistic and aimed at helping Texas get competitive and stay there on the NIL end. No one has been trying to profit or curry favor as far as I know.

However, at every turn in which any of this momentum across multiple initiatives has gotten people a seat at the table with significant power brokers, money people, or the admin, the net result has been "good luck to you guys, we can't help you, and we really, frankly, don't want to help you or see any of this work out. But hey, let us know if in spite of all of this, you figure it all out and really become a force that we then need to reckon with or help claim credit for! Good luck with aaaaaallllll that."

In addition, the staff has zero interest in helping anything happen, but, hey, they'd also really love for something to happen! Same is true for Crystal and his crew. That guy, having witnessed shit, isn't very intelligent and doesn't want to see anything change, and also doesn't think there's a problem. Ironically, he can gladhand like a motherfucker if he needs a new practice bubble or softball facilities. I guess those are easier to directly claim credit for though, so it makes sense.

Being an outsider and now witnessing things in the SEZ, it's stunning. You go to these games and functions, and all these people want and need is access and influence so that they can show their neighbors pictures with CDC or Peter Gardere or Derrick Johnson. They do not care about winning football games. At all. I have now seen them behave up close and personal through a devastating loss at home and they all seemed to have a wonderful fucking time. I mean, it's a fucking party, with an atmosphere like that of the one held for Harvey Dent in Bruce Wayne's penthouse ahead of the Joker's arrival. The game was a social event for socialites and their families to rub shoulders with one another while some young people tossed a ball around downstairs on the lawn. In other words, these people aren't fans. They're patrons. They expect attention and access, but they do not give one fuck about results

1970-2021 says hello.

I'm sorry this comes as a surprise to many of you.

Lack of Championships out front shoulda told you.

2 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Not that anyone says it’s happening but I don’t see Anderson flipping to Texas. Unless by a miracle, Texas wins the rest of their games (lulz) and atm loses some. then maybe I can see it. Texas had their shot and aggy beating bama didn’t help. Kinda shocked this staff isn’t better at recruiting or mostly going all Chris Beard and saying fuck it. Make the NIL work do what you have to do. Anderson wasn’t bought , mostly talking about the others.

You're assuming his decision is only based on the two schools wins and losses. If that was the case he would have already stopped talking to Texas.

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

So Sydney didn't really lose.  

He just ran out of yards.

I believe the story is that @SydneyCarton's uncle is an aggy coach in Cy Fair pushing recruits to Lit Station and @SydneyCartonhimself is a closet LSU graduate as he is a descendant of the infamous Huey P. Long. And being part of that lineage explains @SydneyCarton's interest in miniature trains (and I'm not referring to orgies with little people).

So it's not that @SydneyCarton ran out of yards. He's just used to traveling by train and therefore stood no chance in a foot race.

@closetojumpingcan confirm or deny my recollection above.

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I believe the story is that @SydneyCarton's uncle is an aggy coach in Cy Fair pushing recruits to Lit Station and @SydneyCartonhimself is a closet LSU graduate as he is a descendant of the infamous Huey P. Long. And being part of that lineage explains @SydneyCarton's interest in miniature trains (and I'm not referring to orgies with little people).

So it's not that @SydneyCarton ran out of yards. He's just used to traveling by train and therefore stood no chance in a foot race.

@closetojumpingcan confirm or deny my recollection above.

Id say that’s impressive, but I’m not sure I can in good conscience say that keeping a dossier of CTJs flippant lies is mentally healthy. But good memory. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Maybe, but he ought to consider that being an aggy is stupid.  Like, I’m not saying Sark’s the man, but being an aggy?  Dude, you gotta live with being a weird fuck for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.  No thank you.

13 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If Baylor wins today, which unfortunately looks like a real possibility, this recruiting board is going to get even uglier, fast. PTSD is setting in. 

I’m hoping we experience something akin to the CFB version of the last days of Nero. I know I plan on enjoying myself, at least. 

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m hoping we experience something akin to the CFB version of the last days of Nero. I know I plan on enjoying myself, at least. 

CTJ has summoned the devil to have a fiddling contest, but instead I’d a fiddle of gold it’s a legit Steve Sarkesian voodoo doll. And when he wins the first thing he’s going to make Sark do is drink a case of blue label prior to the game and walk out into the field without pants. 

• Haha 2

If today is going to be our Ides of March, at least the game starts at 10 so the execution can be quick. It’s always possible that our coaches are going to be able to make adjustments (hahahahahahaha) but I’m already prepared for defensive alignment fuckery and a second half Casey Thompson  and offensive line collapse. 

• Like 1

I like what Sark said about going too simple with his playcalling late in games being a mistake.  I liked the 3-4 look against Ok State.

I think those are some of the real problems that need to get addressed.

I'm looking to see if we were able to actually change some meaningful things during the bye week.

Win or lose I do want to see us actually do things different.

Jamarion Miller

Spoiler

The 2022 On300 tailback and Texas commit from Tyler Legacy had another big game tonight in Rockwall and now only needs 86 yards to break the all-time Legacy rushing record. He also had 100+ yards receiving including this:

He recently took an official visit to Alabama and gave it rave reviews. He also said he doesn’t plan on tripping to Tuscaloosa again.

He will take his last official visit to Nebraska in November. After that, we wait until the early signing period. Miller still wants to enroll early in Austin.

Bottom line: Alabama is really pushing here. They’ve made an impression on Miller. The family is pro-Texas in the most way. His mother isn’t a fan of an 7-8 hour drive to Tuscaloosa on Saturdays in the fall over the next 4-5 years. But admits it’ll be Jamarion’s decision at the end of the day.

Stay tuned, y’all.

For the record, Texas coaches were texting with Shamekia (Jamarion’s mother) throughout the game. UT isn’t laying down here. It’s a battle.

image.thumb.png.6ed4b639c742292f3fd4751883c7f399.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Kristopher Ross

Spoiler

The highest ranked defensive commitment in the Texas Longhorns’ 2022 recruiting class is Galena Park North Shore defensive tackle Kristopher Ross.

The No. 59 ranked prospect from the Houston-area power continues to be solid with his verbal to Steve Sarkisian and staff.

The 6-foot-3, 275-pounder with an 80-inch wingspan made his official visit for the Texas Tech game and left impressed.

“I went on my official for the Texas Tech game,” Ross told On3 Wednesday. “It was my first game of the year. I was excited. Texas did their thing. Put 70 points on Texas Tech. It was good to watch them dominate. I’ve seen the offense is good. It’s impressive with the players we’ve got up there. On defense, I watch the D-line stuff. I definitely see the chance to have an impact.”

The recent struggles closing out games when leading hasn’t caused Ross to hit the panic button.

“I feel like it’s bright future at Texas,” Ross said. “It’s their first year up there, and everything isn’t flowing like it will be. The second year, everybody will know what they are doing. The freshman that come in, I feel like we will make a big impact.”

Watching the the Longhorns defense, Ross sees opportunity as a disruptor.

“I’m just myself, but like my dominance in the run game and rearranging the line of scrimmage,” Ross said.

The Longhorns will remain in a good spot with Ross due in large part to a father-like relationship with Bo Davis.

“Coach Davis and I have a very good relationship,” Davis said. “He treats me more like a son. We talk about more than football. How I am doing, my life and stuff like that.”

Teammate and 5-star Denver Harris says Longhorn fans are getting a hard worker in Ross.

“He’s just like me, but with a little less emotion,” Harris told On3 Wednesday. “He’s an all-around player. He dominates the O-line anywhere in the state. He’s a hard worker. Yesterday I tried to skip a little rep, and he was like, ‘no, you are getting every rep!'”

A number of schools remain in contact with Ross with hopes of getting him on campus in December.

“Auburn texts me a lot, Oklahoma texts me a lot,” Ross said.

Ole Miss and TCU are two others schools that continue to pursue the 4-star prospect.

Ross is among the most agile defensive line prospects in the 2022 cycle. He has a laser timed 4.45 pro-agility shuttle and 7.28 laser L-cone to his credit at 279-pounds.

• Hook 'Em 1

I hope recruits stop watching these games after the third quarter. If we cannot fool a few Arch Manning’s in coming here here immediately I think we are just waiting out the clock on Sark. Or maybe we get lucky and he goes down in coke and alcohol fueled ball of flames. 

11 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I hope recruits stop watching these games after the third quarter. If we cannot fool a few Arch Manning’s in coming here here immediately I think we are just waiting out the clock on Sark. Or maybe we get lucky and he goes down in coke and alcohol fueled ball of flames. 

He’s dialing up the right plays early, we should have had 28 at halftime if we just make the easy plays that were there. With someone like Stewart opposite Worthy and an elite QB, we will score a lot of points. 

But yeah, he’s going to need an Arch-a-lanche effect on recruiting to get us there. 

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

If you are an OL, WR, DL, LB, or DB recruit I don't see how you watch this and don't think you can start immediately.

Absolutely. Opportunity is everywhere and if the recruits actually watch how these games play out they will see that Sark can scheme them in position to make plays. 

Absolutely. Opportunity is everywhere and if the recruits actually watch how these games play out they will see that Sark can scheme them in position to make plays. 

Maybe some of them will fall for that idea. The smart ones will recognize that Sark is just not a good HC and will look elsewhere.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, SarkAfterDark said:

If you are an OL, WR, DL, LB, or DB recruit I don't see how you watch this and don't think you can start immediately.

Just now, Duane Moore said:

I came here specifically to question whether the same sunshine pumping smooth brains would try to peddle their "Early playing time!" "Recruits don't care about results like fans do" nonsensical bullshit..    and two examples were already waiting. Get a fucking grip. Both of you. 

Those same kids could play right away at Kansas or a hundred other toilet teams in the country. Texas has become an absolute joke again amongst recruits. Few things are more damaging to a program than becoming a meme and we are getting fucking roasted in group chats and texts between recruits right now in a way we haven't seen since the Strong era (and that isn't speculation). Early playing time will help up us with JAGs but the elite talent can go play early at plenty of other programs not fun by an incompetent dipshit. EARLY PLAYING TIME IS NOT APPEALING IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO BE POORLY DEVELOPED AND LOSE 4-5 GAMES A FUCKING YEAR. 

you are dumb star trek GIF

• Rage+1 1

I feel pretty good about how this recruiting class closes. I mean, given Seven Win Steve’s ability to close out leads on the field, there’s no doubt this hard ass motherfucker is going to lock everything down in recruiting when it matters, right?

The brutal irony of an actual cuckhold in Fisher turning Sarkisian into one for himself in December is hard to handle but it seems pretty obvious that’s where we’re headed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

At no point in that game did I think we'd win. But at a dozen points I saw how any upgrade in talent could have gotten us a W. Right now, hoping for that day is about all I have. 

The moment moore fumbled in the second I knew we were done.  This team is mentally weak and that’s coaching

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I feel pretty good about how this recruiting class closes. I mean, given Seven Win Steve’s ability to close out leads on the field, there’s no doubt this hard ass motherfucker is going to lock everything down in recruiting when it matters, right?

The brutal irony of an actual cuckhold in Fisher turning Sarkisian into one for himself in December is hard to handle but it seems pretty obvious that’s where we’re headed. 

We are going to have to sell something to the 2023 recruits and the fans. At minimum, I think you fire the S&C and several position coaches. Then you try to raid the portal in a desperate attempt to turn things around. Then you hire a veteran former DC as a positional coach so you can fire PK early in the 2022 season if things are not dramatically improved. Other than that, I am out of ideas. 

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

We are going to have to sell something to the 2023 recruits and the fans. At minimum, I think you fire the S&C and several position coaches. Then you try to raid the portal in a desperate attempt to turn things around. Then you hire a veteran former DC as a positional coach so you can fire PK early in the 2022 season if things are not dramatically improved. Other than that, I am out of ideas. 

All that does is extended this shitshow another 2-3 years.  Fun times.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting