Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

51 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Just to make sure I can put myself out of misery. Is there any way that Ewers would transfer to A&M and Stewart knows about that? They are close enough (had that "private" throwing session way back when with a couple other WRs the 9.95erts attended) that it wouldn't surprise me if Stewart knew if that's what Ewers was thinking. I obviously get the $250k angle, but it's still a long-term boneheaded decision in terms of development for the NFL for the real money.

This would be depressing. Thanks for putting that in peoples minds. 

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

According to @RaysBoomBoomRoom , you guys are frauds and liars. Stop saying these things as your dishonesty might hurt Peter The Great Kwiatkowski's feelings. 

I apologize for offending you but your statement that PK was not willing or open to considering adjustments in game or out was just not a true statement. I provided examples that were contrary to your statement as well. Someones stance does not determine a front, their alignment does. We have had guys line up in 5 techniques and seven techniques and a nine technique vs a TE. I've seen a 3 and a 5 shaded on the same side as well. Thats a four man front. We have been multiple alignment wise, we've mixed coverages, he gave our guys a chance to press, but we got burned. We've sent fire pressures and dog blitzed. We've played drop coverage and match coverage. We've slanted to and away from the back. Bottom line is your statement that we haven't adjusted to anything is absurd. I think PK has thrown everything he has at it, but it just hasn't worked. Again, sorry for calling you a liar, but what you said was not true.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

doubt it. He is loyal to Tom. Cooper Patenga at 247 who was former Director of Recruiting for Washington and Oregon is who came to mind immediately for me. But I bet sark blitzes that USC support staff. He wants a west coast presence. 

Fuxk a west coast presence. We need to start by winning Texas first Damn!!

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

What is up with OU in that commitment? I cant remember them being mentioned. If I was a WR and wanted to stay in the area, OU and Texas would be the decision. Just wondering why OU isnt involved with Stewart

Who TF wants to live in Oklahoma 

Edited by D3zii

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

I've said it before, Stewart seems like he could be a cancer. There is definitely evidence to support it as well.

We’ve been going away from the problem players a lot lately and where has it gotten us 

We need cancers!!!! ..They end up going somewhere else and winning the player of the year award..

37 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I just here for the new Hayes Fawcett edit. I'm needing a new wallpaper for my phone... 

jaylon.thumb.jpeg.a914f68d1b5ed04ad8c35127df007318.jpeg

RIP @texifornia

Remember when fatkid, Burt Macklin, texifornia and Machinator were haunting this board and we all felt like this could be a 9-10+ win season? That feels like years ago. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

35 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I apologize for offending you but your statement that PK was not willing or open to considering adjustments in game or out was just not a true statement. I provided examples that were contrary to your statement as well. Someones stance does not determine a front, their alignment does. We have had guys line up in 5 techniques and seven techniques and a nine technique vs a TE. I've seen a 3 and a 5 shaded on the same side as well. Thats a four man front. We have been multiple alignment wise, we've mixed coverages, he gave our guys a chance to press, but we got burned. We've sent fire pressures and dog blitzed. We've played drop coverage and match coverage. We've slanted to and away from the back. Bottom line is your statement that we haven't adjusted to anything is absurd. I think PK has thrown everything he has at it, but it just hasn't worked. Again, sorry for calling you a liar, but what you said was not true.

Don't apologize for questioning the integrity of another poster, just apologize for the ongoing streak of bad takes that you continue to spew onto this board with impunity.

If you quite literally thought I was saying the guy never changed up anything, wow. It appears that you fail to understand the reality that the fucking guy has stuck with the same bullshit approach with this defense from game one to now, which was my point and what photographic fucking evidence has been posted to support. If you think otherwise, it's not that I am "lying", it's that you don't know what in the fuck you're attempting to discuss.

• Haha 2

Sure some others on here are hearing something similar, but I’m officially worried on Stewart. A&M is being very competitive there.

I mean at this point I think I’d sacrifice Stewart for even one of the OL prospects with smoke around them, let alone multiple from that group.

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Remember when fatkid, Burt Macklin, texifornia and Machinator were haunting this board and we all felt like this could be a 9-10+ win season? That feels like years ago. 

Shit I'm just glad I didn't spend a chunk of change on any seats at DKR.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Jaylen Waddle

Know nothing about that dude and his character questions. My take was about needing cancers. Cancer's kill the host or the host is able to survive by ridding itself of the cancer. You don't need cancers on a team, they destroy from within. Did Waddle get kicked off his high school team and not play his senior year? Most likely two different scenarios. Closest one I immediately think of is Zach Evans. If he had an offer, it got pulled just like everyone else pulled. Worked out well for TCU right? Portal bitch that he is. 

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

This is stupid lol our 2 best players in like a decade are west coast. Fuck this state go get everyone that wants to play 

So you’d rather get a few good players from other states, then build a competitive roster in state. . Gotcha!!! 

Texas isn't entitled to the best players in the state right now. That has to be earned. Bama, OK, Ohio State and others are picking us apart for the best players. We have an advantage in getting west coast players over those schools listed. We should take advantage of that. Why take 2nd tier Texas kid when you can go get a 1st tier CA or AZ kid who is better?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, D3zii said:

So you’d rather get a few good players from other states, then build a competitive roster in state. . Gotcha!!! 

Correct. This state as produced overrated trash for the last decade. The other top players leaving have lost that “gO gET aLl TExAS pLAYeRs” attention they can get fucked too 

11 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Texas isn't entitled to the best players in the state right now. That has to be earned. Bama, OK, Ohio State and others are picking us apart for the best players. We have an advantage in getting west coast players over those schools listed. We should take advantage of that. Why take 2nd tier Texas kid when you can go get a 1st tier CA or AZ kid who is better?

OK hasn't gotten the best players in Texas since the AD days

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Looks like the OL smoke ended up just being Guilbeau smoke hahaha smh

Gilbeau as one of our remaining 11 takes does not excite me. To me we should be only holding spots for the elite guys like the 4/5OL, Stewart, Perkins, etc and any of those guys that don't commit we just use for a transfer. Best case scenario, we close with 5-7 elite guys and then get 5-7 transfers. Worst case scenario, we pull 0 or 1 and then load up on upper class transfers from P5 schools.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Gilbeau as one of our remaining 11 takes does not excite me. To me we should be only holding spots for the elite guys like the 4/5OL, Stewart, Perkins, etc and any of those guys that don't commit we just use for a transfer. Best case scenario, we close with 5-7 elite guys and then get 5-7 transfers. Worst case scenario, we pull 0 or 1 and then load up on upper class transfers from P5 schools.   

Taking Gilbeau would leave me to believe the Hyphen dream is over 

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

What world are you living in right now, Vertigo? Can you pass to the rest of us whatever it is you're puffing on? Perkins isn't coming to Texas and we're not getting 4-5 elite OLs. Stewart is being bought in a big way. 

I know Sarkisian referenced taking 33 guys, but I've been saying for a bit, because that's the word, is that there are going to be as many as 40 new guys if they can find them. Guilbeau is just fine in that crowd. I know the limit is below 40 and that won't really matter. Of course, I'm not sure Sarkisian and his fuckups can actually close on that many dudes, so we might wind up in a "take what we can get" situation and not sign nearly that many.

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Taking Gilbeau would leave me to believe the Hyphen dream is over 

They're likely not related in the numbers. The bigger issue with Hyphen is that they might not think they want him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

You’re assuming we won’t have any decommits.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

What world are you living in right now, Vertigo? Can you pass to the rest of us whatever it is you're puffing on? Perkins isn't coming to Texas and we're not getting 4-5 elite OLs. Stewart is being bought in a big way. 

I know Sarkisian referenced taking 33 guys, but I've been saying for a bit, because that's the word, is that there are going to be as many as 40 new guys if they can find them. Guilbeau is just fine in that crowd. I know the limit is below 40 and that won't really matter. Of course, I'm not sure Sarkisian and his fuckups can actually close on that many dudes, so we might wind up in a "take what we can get" situation and not sign nearly that many.

They're likely not related in the numbers. The bigger issue with Hyphen is that they might not think they want him.

Lol dude... what does best case scenario mean? When has a best case scenario happened around here in the last 20 years? All I am saying is that they are guys you hold spots for, but those are the only guys left in the class you hold spots for. Hell no, I don't expect to land most of them. If we actually go to a crazy number like 40, then sure, maybe Gilbeau is a take. I have a hard time believing that transfers will not be lining up to come play here based on our roster. Any OL, LB, or WR worth a shit should be banging down the door. 

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Of course, I'm not sure Sarkisian and his fuckups can actually close on that many dudes, so we might wind up in a "take what we can get" situation and not sign nearly that many.

Aggy is ascendant, OU keeps beating us even though they are terrible and we just lost to Kansas at home while we are fixing to enter the SEC and we have a JAG starting QB, a backup that is a deer in the headlights, a walk on caliber 3rd string QB and a stiff project as our recruit. We have a transcendent RB, 1 really talented Frosh WR and a head coach that’s really good at offensive game planning until the talent runs out. 
If this experiment goes bad it probably sets us back at least another 5 years and that’s after wandering the desert for 10 years. 
If that isn’t a recipe to open up the check book and turn over every stone ever in trying to electroshock this moribund program out of its lethargy I fear nothing will ever work to make the football good again. 

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.13cfa69a2871c478987aa91bcde25fa3.png

image.png.fcfad398996cec734234301058e9f8e7.png

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong here, but on 3rd and 1 in the stoops/Riley era of smooth buttfuckings have they ever thrown the ball over the top when we sold out to stop the run? We wanna dare Lincoln Riley to try a 50/50 ball against our DB’s for a 70 yard TD pass? Are you guys fucking retarded? With Kansas throwing for 410 yards we are still holding opponents to 230 yards passing a game. PK has committed to stopping the pass. We aren’t even close to being talented enough to stop both lol. We are giving up 30 more yards a game this year than last year with Ash and more talented players. We suck. Period. We have sucked on defense since muschamp left. We fire a top 5 DC and we might as well hire some asswipe from here who thinks they know everything. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting