Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

15 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Fong says Texas leads for Stewart, he just doesn't trust our QB situation and is trying to wait it out as long as possible.

It shouldn’t be that hard to ease those concerns. “Hey Evan, just look at what our QB situation was this year and the numbers X was able to up anyway. Either we’ll have a QB with another offseason in our system or we’ll get a transfer that’s better than both of them.” 

Edited by TXRed

Just now, TXRed said:

It shouldn’t be that hard to ease those concerns. “Hey Evan, just look at what our QB situation was this year and the numbers X was able to up anyway. Either we’ll have a QB with another offseason in our system or we’ll get a transfer that’s better than both of them.” 

Yeah but players also want to win...

Brown, Murphy, and a transfer and let them compete. Although I think Hudson Card can still develop and ultimately will be a decent college QB, you have to think that sark has no confidence in him. Winning 4 games this year really screwed up Sarks development plan. Suddenly, he's kinda on the hot seat year two and he's gonna want a QB he can trust because if he flames out here, his career as a HC is likely done. Thats probably good news for Texas fans. Let him feel the pressure.

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Regarding the Longhorns: “I like the fact that they get Xavier (Worthy) targets. They just have to figure out the quarterback situation. No telling what the quarterback situation will be like next year, I feel like some stuff is about to change this offseason.”

@UncleBuck

Hmmm. I'd say that's a no brainer, but I'll take the gotdamn tease because I like the pain.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

But the Wildcats will still have running back Deuce Vaughn. Vaughn, in space, against Luke Brockermeyer, Jerrin Thompson or BJ Foster isn’t a fair fight.

WTF? Why does Bobby throw Jerrin Thompson under the bus here instead of Schooler? Fucking clown. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Regarding the Longhorns: “I like the fact that they get Xavier (Worthy) targets. They just have to figure out the quarterback situation. No telling what the quarterback situation will be like next year, I feel like some stuff is about to change this offseason.”

Is Evan trying to jump in on the @closetojumping and @closetohumping bet? 

4 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

He watched Sterns loaf thru last season,  and what that got him. And sees himself doing the same.  

Exactly what I think it is.   Sterns, more than any player I can remember, "saved his body" and wouldn't practice/play with bumps or bruises and was soft as hell when he actually was on the field.  I figured that's just who he was, didn't like football, and would never amount to anything in the NFL.  Now he's playing regularly on Sundays so he clearly just turned it on for a paycheck.   If that is indicative of the culture on this team, and BJ is in fact taking the same approach, we absolutely have to blow it up.  Like Roy Miller tweeted last night, you can't just rely on new players coming into the program if they just adopt the same culture as the other 2/3 of the roster.   You flat out have to get guys that don't care about winning out of the program no matter the perceived talent level.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Because all of them are dog shit so what does it really matter if he says Jerrin or Schooler?

Because: Fuck Bobby Burton  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Also, because I think Schooler is the worst offender of that bunch - if we are talking about guys getting worked in space and REMAINS a fucking starter for this meathead fuckface coaching the defense, despite being fucking terrible.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Because: Fuck Bobby Burton  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Also, because I think Schooler is the worst offender of that bunch - if we are talking about guys getting worked in space and REMAINS a fucking starter for this meathead fuckface coaching the defense, despite being fucking terrible.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd argue BJ Foster. At least Schooler looks like he's trying and giving effort.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

for the knowledgeable on the board, is Flood doing work on the trail or is he getting his ass handed to him?

I've seen about zero improvement on the OL this year so I'm hoping the guy is recruiting savant.

Minus a couple of snaps I thought they looked good on Saturday compared to the last couple of weeks

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

for the knowledgeable on the board, is Flood doing work on the trail or is he getting his ass handed to him?

I've seen about zero improvement on the OL this year so I'm hoping the guy is recruiting savant.

With the given talent on the OL, I'd say he's done a pretty good job this year. Seems like they're better now than they were in week 4-5 etc.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I’m not in the “more knowledgeable” category but my observation is that Flood is tasked with pursuing the really big targets that all the major programs are after and who won’t decide until signing day, so it probably won’t be until then before we know. You’d like to think he could have closed on at least one of them by now, and maybe if we were looking at 8-4 instead of 4-8 he would have. There’s still time and we still seem to be in good position for a couple of them, so TBD. (How’s that for a $9.95 answer?)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

At this point, I do not believe Texas has created an advantage in NIL like they should. That’s not on the coaches.

I would think Nick Saban had somebody on his staff in charge of figuring out every nuance of nil and Bama was able to help the croots when it was announced,  legal or illegal.  

Doesn't their QB have a million dollar deal? 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I would think Nick Saban had somebody on his staff in charge of figuring out every nuance of nil and Bama was able to help the croots when it was announced,  legal or illegal.  

Doesn't their QB have a million dollar deal? 

No.  But he has everyone that only pays attention to headlines think that he does.  Pretty sure it became known after the fact he pulled that out of his ass.  But it was effective.

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Fong says Texas leads for Stewart, he just doesn't trust our QB situation and is trying to wait it out as long as possible.

Did Fong actually say that or are you just talking about the Stewart quote? Didn’t Fong put in an Aggy CB like a week ago?

Kinda feels like Evan is just trying to keep people guessing. That “a little bit of A&M smells like bs”

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, ousux said:
20 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:
9 wins with bowl sets up Arch MNC 2023

Even if Arch has his heart set on living the high life in some dowtown Austin condo...the rest of the Manning family will steer him to the best program for his football future, and right now the Longhorns are far from that.

you realize they let Eli go to Ole Miss.  

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

WTF? Why does Bobby throw Jerrin Thompson under the bus here instead of Schooler? Fucking clown. 

Probably because Thompson has been an inconsistent tackler. Schooler is definitely a better tackler because he tackles another longhorn on almost every play. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Brown, Murphy, and a transfer and let them compete. Although I think Hudson Card can still develop and ultimately will be a decent college QB, you have to think that sark has no confidence in him. Winning 4 games this year really screwed up Sarks development plan. Suddenly, he's kinda on the hot seat year two and he's gonna want a QB he can trust because if he flames out here, his career as a HC is likely done. Thats probably good news for Texas fans. Let him feel the pressure.

I’d be happy if no QBs on the roster were here next year. Burn that QB room to the ground. Maybe Charles Wright can stay for depth purposes only.

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

Exactly what I think it is.   Sterns, more than any player I can remember, "saved his body" and wouldn't practice/play with bumps or bruises and was soft as hell when he actually was on the field.  I figured that's just who he was, didn't like football, and would never amount to anything in the NFL.  Now he's playing regularly on Sundays so he clearly just turned it on for a paycheck.   If that is indicative of the culture on this team, and BJ is in fact taking the same approach, we absolutely have to blow it up.  Like Roy Miller tweeted last night, you can't just rely on new players coming into the program if they just adopt the same culture as the other 2/3 of the roster.   You flat out have to get guys that don't care about winning out of the program no matter the perceived talent level.

BJ isn’t as talented as Sterns, don’t see that working out in the same way for him.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'd argue BJ Foster. At least Schooler looks like he's trying and giving effort.

“He’s trying hard but sucks ass anyway” is a hilarious defense. That dude should not be on the field at all.

4 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

I’d be happy if no QBs on the roster were here next year. Burn that QB room to the ground. Maybe Charles Wright can stay for depth purposes only.

BJ isn’t as talented as Sterns, don’t see that working out in the same way for him.

“He’s trying hard but sucks ass anyway” is a hilarious defense. That dude should not be on the field at all.

I prefer to keep at least 1 QB on the roster. You dont want to go into the season with a transfer and Wright. You need a back up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

someone who isn't trying should never be on the field. Both are complete dog shit but give me the guy who actually tries vs BJ fucking Foster.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I prefer to keep at least 1 QB on the roster. You dont want to go into the season with a transfer and Wright. You need a back up. 

Well, there’ll be at least one, maybe two incoming freshmen as well. It all depends on what the staff can do in the portal and in recruiting of course. I hope they do well enough that we can move on.

23 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I have yet to understand why Steve hasn't had Roschon taking some snaps at QB. He absolutely cannot be worse than a lot of what we have been watching. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Isn't Wright already on his way out? He's completely gone from the depth chart and has stopped traveling with the team.

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I have yet to understand why Steve hasn't had Roschon taking some snaps at QB. He absolutely cannot be worse than a lot of what we have been watching. 

guessing the player has no interest

also, the RB room is K Robinson, a clearly hurt RoJo and Gabe Watson.

...those are also the only RB still standing

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting