Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They're working with Art Schlichter on a cross-conference concept that could be really big for those getting in on the ground floor.

Art is working behind the scenes to get Barstool Sports book or Draft Kings to sponsor his new hedge fund. 

28 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

If I paid 9.95 for that, I would no longer do so after reading that last line. Shit, I guess we know why they're covering the high school recruit beat and aren't real sportswriters. 

That is the best update ever!! 

"The players suck, the quarterbacks suck, the defense is terrible" and he is in.. amazing

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

“The coaches have been very transparent and communicated the need to bring in a second quarterback in this class,” Murphy said. “I was never blind sided or anything, the coaches always kept me in the loop. I understand the need, the quarterback room next year could be a little light.

The coaches apparently have told Maalik  that Card and Casey will be gone next year.

Edited by Hornlover
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I missed from the other thread that Tyler Johnson is yet another highly rated OL bust. Unbelievable. That says a lot about Texas’ OL evaluations. Let’s hope Sark is better. 

Johnson was a highly rated prospect that most schools in the country would have signed. That’s not a good example of a poor evaluation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Johnson was a highly rated prospect that most schools in the country would have signed. That’s not a good example of a poor evaluation. 

Yes it is, he sucks and has sucked since he has been on campus. Just because he was highly ranked and had multiple big school offers doesn't mean it wasn't a poor evaluation.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

Yes it is, he sucks and has sucked since he has been on campus. Just because he was highly ranked and had multiple big school offers doesn't mean it wasn't a poor evaluation.

This is dumb. He could have gone basically anywhere. Talent isn't the issue with him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

IF we have learned anything from the Herman era it is mental evaluation can be almost as important as the physical ones. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, GTJ1982 said:

Seems like this board has cooled on Maalik  but he has continued to improve week to week and all in on Texas.  His attitude and positivity seem in infectious and guys gravitate to him in camps.  Will be glad to have him on campus come January.  

He will be an intriguing piece to add to the QB room and seems to be improving his footwork, but I see some people saying he has a chance to start next year and something would have to go really, really wrong for that to happen.

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

That one of them will be gone. Possibly not both. I don't think they force card to xfer he's a serviceable backup if we end up with a good starter. 

I wouldn't force Card out by any means. Worst case, solid backup. Best case, he gets more comfortable Year 2 in the system and could actually become a quality starter. (note: I'm by no means saying you plan on that. You definitely go all-out for a transfer. But at least he has upside.)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I read the little light comment as a very polite way to put both will be gone. 

You think so? One scholarship QB in Wright plus Murphy (who most seem to believe needs to develop) and maybe the kid from Utah as true freshmen? That’s Sark committing to a total rebuild, does he have the leash to do that? 

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

You think so? One scholarship QB in Wright plus Murphy (who most seem to believe needs to develop) and maybe the kid from Utah as true freshmen? That’s Sark committing to a total rebuild, does he have the leash to do that? 

Transfer portal is a thing nowadays. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He will be an intriguing piece to add to the QB room and seems to be improving his footwork, but I see some people saying he has a chance to start next year and something would have to go really, really wrong for that to happen.

So he's definitely in the competition, then.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GTJ1982 said:

Seems like this board has cooled on Maalik  but he has continued to improve week to week and all in on Texas.  His attitude and positivity seem in infectious and guys gravitate to him in camps.  Will be glad to have him on campus come January.  

Ita because we aren't used to any player getting better during the season. Regression is my ride or die.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GTJ1982 said:

Speaking only for myself, I haven’t cooled on Murphy, he’s just always been expected to be more of a long term developmental project with a high upside.  After watching Casey and Card play this year, it’s clear neither of them should be starting next year and I’ve been more interested in figuring out who that 2022 starter will be. 

46 minutes ago, GTJ1982 said:

don't think folks have cooled on him, folks are excited BUT he has to develop. he probably needs a RS year more than any QB we have had since Swoopes.

we will all be glad to have him on the team ASAP.

didn't realize he was an EE also, awesome!

40 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Ha, Keondre Coburn said in an interview with OB that he was surprised to be listed as participating in the senior day activities. It was not something he was aware of until the list came out.

A lot of these dudes are about to get not so subtle hints.

It’s pretty good insight on how the staff feels about certain players. Coburn was pretty much the only junior listed who actually played. Tells you what a disappointment he’s been, and that they’re ready to give guys like Murphy more run.

Conversely, Overshown, Jamison, and Cook were the seniors who were not listed, so those are guys the staff really wants back. (They still have extra covid year eligibility)

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting