Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

32 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

So, our defense is bad. But you still haven't made any connection between it being bad and the scheme they're being coached. If Nick Saban himself had his team replaced with elderly blind ladies, you'd see far worse statistics; would you blame him for that?

You're blathering. You're basically Ketch with morals right now. Upgrade.

Lol fuck off. Works both ways right? I showed my proof that the defense is Fucking ass. Please show your proof that it’s the players and not the coaching. You literally said PK is doing a good job, please prove to the fucking world that he is doing a good job. Cause anyone with eyes can see it’s the exact opposite.

Shit rolls down hill right, when are we allowed to blame the coaches in your fucking fantasy world? After year three of having these same bullshit results? Blame the players all you want but this defense has regressed week over week over week till finally we arrived at 57 against Kansas at home. Please explain to me how in season regression isn’t placed solely on coaching. Any DC worth a shit could at least attempt to conceal their weaknesses in some form or fashion instead of getting undressed every god damn week. By your logic if we didn’t have PK this defense would be worse…..? Fucking moron, compare me to ketch again and you’ll catch these fucking hands bitch boy 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Lol fuck off. Works both ways right? I showed my proof that the defense is Fucking ass. Please show your proof that it’s the players and not the coaching. You literally said PK is doing a good job, please prove to the fucking world that he is doing a good job. Cause anyone with eyes can see it’s the exact opposite.

Shit rolls down hill right, when are we allowed to blame the coaches in your fucking fantasy world? After year three of having these same bullshit results? Blame the players all you want but this defense has regressed week over week over week till finally we arrived at 57 against Kansas at home. Please explain to me how in season regression isn’t placed solely on coaching. Any DC worth a shit could at least attempt to conceal their weaknesses in some form or fashion instead of getting undressed every god damn week. By your logic if we didn’t have PK this defense would be worse…..? Fucking moron, compare me to ketch again and you’ll catch these fucking hands bitch boy 

A classic Cleveland steamer here ladies and gents

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dummy said:

Mike at Night

Hide contents

— I caught up earlier today with four-star quarterback Devin Brown to get the latest on his recruitment. Texas is still in strong standing, but Ohio State put up a big fight when they hosted him last weekend for a visit. Some close to the recruitment thought Texas had a comfortable lead, but the gap may be closing. Texas has a great path to playing time in their favor where Ohio State has a much more stacked depth chart at the position. That could be a key component in the race for the coveted passer.

The only way this could be true is if tosu told Brown that Ewers was transferring to Texas and he'd have competition there too.

• Hook 'Em 2

Didn't he just commit to us for forever, talk shit while committed, then flip to LSU on signing day?

I honestly can’t remember much other than he was a total train wreck and his waffling in the final weeks leading up to NSD would have made Eggo proud. I think he had told us he was faxing his letter in and then the next thing we heard was he has sent one in to LSU.

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

I'm sorry I compared you to Ketch. Nobody deserved that. It was the heat of the moment, and I'm sorry.

Anyway, back to flaming. Sure, you showed proof that the defense sucks, but nobody's debating that. And if anything "After year three of having these same bullshit results" is your own admission that it's not the coaching, because it hasn't been the same DC for three years. Three years of suck means that either it's bad to change coaches too often, or the players are the main problem, or both. It's certainly possible that PK somehow forgot how to coach a defense after actual decades of being pretty damned good at it.

But it's absolutely mental to assume that rearranging the coaching staff yet again will somehow achieve different results this time, when it obviously hasn't done diddly-shit the past 3-4 times, particularly when coach in question doesn't seem to have had any difficulty coaching a great defense outside of UT. So if it is the coach, you've got a tough road to hoe to show that this is actually the case, and not the blindingly obvious alternatives.

If nothing else, the admin has proven they can't hire a coach worth a shit, and we need to divine an actual coaching search mechanism that can produce results before we bother even attempting it again. Otherwise, we'll just end up hiring another bunch of dumbfucks. We'll be Tennessee South.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Didn't he just commit to us for forever, talk shit while committed, then flip to LSU on signing day?

Committed, everyone knew he was going to LSU except Davis and Mack, recruited Charles to LSU, Charles’ dad told Mack, Davis asked RP if true and he denied it, got in trouble at Army game with two Texas targets (Bennett and FSU WR) both of whom he tried to recruit to LSU, told Davis and Mack he was coming to UT day before signing day, signed with LSU. If I recall correctly. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I'm sorry I compared you to Ketch. Nobody deserved that. It was the heat of the moment, and I'm sorry.

Anyway, back to flaming. Sure, you showed proof that the defense sucks, but nobody's debating that. And if anything "After year three of having these same bullshit results" is your own admission that it's not the coaching, because it hasn't been the same DC for three years. Three years of suck means that either it's bad to change coaches too often, or the players are the main problem, or both. It's certainly possible that PK somehow forgot how to coach a defense after actual decades of being pretty damned good at it.

But it's absolutely mental to assume that rearranging the coaching staff yet again will somehow achieve different results this time, when it obviously hasn't done diddly-shit the past 3-4 times, particularly when coach in question doesn't seem to have had any difficulty coaching a great defense outside of UT. So if it is the coach, you've got a tough road to hoe to show that this is actually the case, and not the blindingly obvious alternatives.

If nothing else, the admin has proven they can't hire a coach worth a shit, and we need to divine an actual coaching search mechanism that can produce results before we bother even attempting it again. Otherwise, we'll just end up hiring another bunch of dumbfucks. We'll be Tennessee South.

Apology accepted, that hurt lol. The three year  comment was about when we can start to assign blame to the coaches instead of the player, not our reign in particular.

I do have questions about PK resume in hindsight, no one was higher on the PK hire than I was, that’s recorded history. But now with a full view there are questions about what was Lake and what was him as well as his ability to adapt to a new conference that is more run heavy than most think it is. It’s almost like he expected a bunch of Mike Leach type teams only to get absolutely gashed. I also have serious questions about his ability to bring in his guys as his track record shows he doesn’t care about recruiting. Also there aren’t any guys on staff that have a history of knowing what his guys look like, which leads to a completely disjointed recruiting room, coaching room, schematic fit etc

now how do you remedy it? If you’re sark your entire tenure at the university is predicated on someone getting the defense right, I have zero qualms about the offense and think that will be fine going forward but the defense has to be able to hold teams under 30 points, shouldn’t be that hard. If Sark believes Pk is absolutely the guy and can fix this next year with bringing in a couple new coaches that are familiar with the scheme and can recruit his guys, ok I can rationalize that but I have serious doubts he would ever be able to find those coaches that have the schematic fit and recruiting ability needed at Texas. That’s a huge problem with staying at one university for a long time, that assistant coach Rolodex is thin.

Now, If you’re sark knowing your seat is already warm with this shit ass season and the AD already giving you a vote of confidence, do you take that risk with giving him another year? Do you trust in his long term vision defensively and can he bring in the coaches and players he needs for a quick turnaround? That seems dubious..or do you cut bait now if the right DC hire was out there, take some blame off yourself and hit the reset button? I understand continuity and the need for it but I haven’t seen anything yet to trust PKs vision nor do I have faith in his ability to make it better quickly especially with the results and lack of improvement we have seen thus far. Either way it’s a shit scenario that we have no control over and can only hope for the best…but I’m expecting the worst with either decision they make

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Sark is gonna struggle to hold this class together. I was really hoping Miller would stick. This program is rather fucked for the long haul unless a Portal miracle happens. 

Miller may have been tough to hang on to regardless of this season’s record. Bama is tough for a RB to say no to and he’s been flirting for a long time.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting