Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes. But this place is sprouting the seeds of that idiocy more and more frequently. 

Nah, you've just lost good posters so the thoughtful / ridiculous ratio has worsened.

Anyway, your post was disgusting and demeaning so way to level up.

Edited by quigley
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

To be fair their RB room is actually worse than ours. Which is saying something, I still don't understand playing for BOB though, he's the shittiest coach Saban has ever employed.

Their RB room is stacked, but they've had injuries, as others have pointed out.

Do you think O'Brien's going to be there very long?

5 hours ago, victory88 said:

Yeah…. I kinda wish we didn’t take his commitment.  What’s the bust rate again on players that commit and decommit multiple times?

Anyways…. Yay…

Well for that matter our bust rate on guys with no drama that don’t flip flop is pretty shitty so hopefully it will turn out that JG is better at football than decision making.  

40 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

Oh well.  Good for him, I reckon.  Probably better than coming here and getting murdered behind the line of scrimmage.

Most running metrics have the shitty Texas OL better than the Bama all world OL at NOT getting murdered behind the line of scrimmage.

Edited by HtownHorn

30 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Damn, I liked Miller much more than Blue as a prospect.  Yes, it's a hit we can absorb, but he could have been well placed for big playing time after next season. 

Idk, Blue was a beast in the game I seen…

hopefully this helps with Owens 

10 hours ago, alphahorn said:

tosu is obviously selling that at least 2 qbs will enter the transfer portal. but he'd still be better to come here and compete with ewers, than sit there for 2 more years guaranteed.

I'd be surprised if McCord transfers. Stroud will go pro after next year so Mccord knows he's 1 year away from starting there, especially if Ewers leaves. And if McCord stays, it wouldn't make much sense for Brown to go there. He'd be waiting at least one year for Stroud and then would have a big disadvantage vs. Mccord because of having fewer years/reps. So he'd likely be looking at a 2-3 year wait.

5 hours ago, quigley said:

Nah, you've just lost good posters so the thoughtful / ridiculous ratio has worsened.

Anyway, your post was disgusting and demeaning so way to level up.

Wait you’re an OU fan, right? Tell me more about the concept of disgusting and demeaning. dusty dvorchek almost killing his roommate. Chaisson kidnapping and threatening a woman with a screwdriver to her throat. 

After that we can hear you try to define “thoughtful.” And sure, feel free to explain what demeaning means to you. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wait you’re an OU fan, right? Tell me more about the concept of disgusting and demeaning. dusty dvorchek almost killing his roommate. Chaisson kidnapping and threatening a woman with a screwdriver to her throat. 

After that we can hear you try to define “thoughtful.” But feel free to explain what demeaning means to you. 

Don’t forget Mixon.  

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m all for Gerry doing heavy lifting to get us traylor in 2 more years. 

I don't hate it but IT was pulling the same card with Herman a few years ago. Granted, that was before Gerry. 

I do respect Gerry's opinion more than Wells who has a man crush on East Texas Traylor. 

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't hate it but IT was pulling the same card with Herman a few years ago. Granted, that was before Gerry. 

I do respect Gerry's opinion more than Wells who has a man crush on East Texas Traylor. 

Wells is trash. And most folks thought Herman was a home run, myself included. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

After that we can hear you try to define “thoughtful.” And sure, feel free to explain what demeaning means to you. 

Great that you don't defend yourself, but you do have beautiful what-aboutism.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Wells is trash. And most folks thought Herman was a home run, myself included. 

I didn't but my biggest issue is Texas didn't do a coaching search at all. They hired Herman without vetting other coaches. I have no issue with Traylor but I hope we aren't going down this path again of creating the next savior without looking at other potential options. 

I will say this approach might work with Beard so who knows. 

1 minute ago, quigley said:

Great that you don't defend yourself, but you do have beautiful what-aboutism.

Lol. There’s nothing to defend. I called some bad posters bad for their bad posts. Have you actually read any of the posts on and understand Surly? Why don’t you elaborate on the parts of my post you found so demeaning and disgusting, so I can respond specifically. It’ll give you a good excuse to avoid addressing how such a high-minded and moral presenting person such as yourself ignores the pieces of shit that pop up and flourish in your favorite program with shocking regularity. We’re waiting. 

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I didn't but my biggest issue is Texas didn't do a coaching search at all. They hired Herman without vetting other coaches. I have no issue with Traylor but I hope we aren't going down this path again of creating the next savior without looking at other potential options. 

I will say this approach might work with Beard so who knows. 

I mean we suck when we conduct searches. We suck when we don’t. It’s all exhausting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m all for Gerry doing heavy lifting to get us traylor in 2 more years. 

Can you imagine how big the statue of Jeff Traylor would be if he came in here and turned this deal around.  I mean really turning it around with National Championships.  

East Texas HS  coach,  working his way up the hard way,  getting the big job and succeeding. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Just now, Laga4 said:

Can you imagine how big the statue of Jeff Traylor would be if he came in here and turned this deal around.  I mean really turning it around with National Championships.  

East Texas HS  coach,  working his way up the hard way,  getting the big job and succeeding. 

To paraphrase the words of the immortal 50 Cent, for Traylor this town would be one big pussy, waiting to be fucked. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Yeah, I don’t know why an “official search” performed by the same people results in an improved outcome. 

You don't think weighing different options is a better way to end up with a better coach? 

I think there are obvious examples, like Urban Meyer and maybe even Beard, where it's such a proven hire that it makes sense to lock on to one coach. Herman had one good season as head coach before we hired him and it made no sense to not evaluate other options. I will say LSU might have changed the process because sounds like they were close to hiring him. 

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

You don't think weighing different options is a better way to end up with a better coach? 

I think there are obvious examples, like Urban Meyer and maybe even Beard, where it's such a proven hire that it makes sense to lock on to one coach. Herman had one good season as head coach before we hired him and it made no sense to not evaluate other options. I will say LSU might have changed the process because sounds like they were close to hiring him. 

I think the powers that be were going to pick Herman whether Korn-Ferry’s imprimatur was on it or not.  

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting