Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Is there a single justification for keeping Coleman on the staff at this point? And don't give me 'continuity' because Sark inherited him from the last regime, he's been around long enough that the WR situation is on him.

I'm sure the sunshine pumpers will come up with some justification. I'm just curious as to what it is and how deranged it will sound.

Well, the season just ended so staff changes haven’t really had a chance to happen. Sorry for the sunshine!

Just now, NorLa Horns said:

Lets revisit our recruiting dept. Tweeting " we aren't dont yet" after the commit yesterday morning. 

That is now 2 de-commits against zero commits since that tweet. 

Thanks guys. Keep up the good work. 

Did they put a timeline on their not doneness? Y’all find the weirdest shit to get worked up about.

• Haha 4

Yea really no point of keeping Coleman now…I believe Thompson has orange blood so he isn’t on the Coleman train….

midas well cut our loss and find a great WR coach and recruiter…If Lincoln in fact goes to LSU and brings Dennis with him you have to go after Mickey Joseph right??? Or vice versa if Lincoln keeps Jospeh and we go after Dennis 

Class falling apart.  Surprising given how this season turned out. 
Figured we would end with all five stars  
oh well. Once sark fills the roster with his 3 star specials we will hopefully be able to beat Kansas. 
Winfield decommitting does not = "Class falling apart". Dude has been threatening to decommit since January.
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I mean our run D still sucked but yeah Ford is definitely our best LB

The difference today was Ford and Gbenda flashed on occasion. There was obvious bad mixed in with the good, but at least they are inexperienced and young. You can live with that and have hope they will improve 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think we may be the only school in history to not get a new coach bump. 

Well we are trying to get our 3rd new car smell bump in the last 8 years. Eventually the car is going to start smelling like a used Honda Accord with 120,000 miles.

You can't just snap your fingers and get the new car smell.

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, cdain3 said:
32 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:
Class falling apart.  Surprising given how this season turned out. 
Figured we would end with all five stars  
oh well. Once sark fills the roster with his 3 star specials we will hopefully be able to beat Kansas. 

Winfield decommitting does not = "Class falling apart". Dude has been threatening to decommit since January.

We need to make room for our remaing targets anyway:

1-QB

2-WR

4-OL

1/2-DB's

Could be addition by subraction to allow us to get the remainig targets we want..

5 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Hudson and Winfield have definitely been talking for a while.

Following a young coach around is probably the dumbest move I have seen a recruit make. If Samples ends up at TCU next year, it’s less than a 50% he is there for your 3/4 years. He will jump at a big program offer or at least he should 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hamilton

Spoiler

Spoke with two long time DFW sources within the last hour...

1. Starting with Evan Stewart (Frisco, Texas/Liberty). A source close to the 5-stars recruitment said Stewart is up in the air. Doesn't have a good feel for what he wants to do. The recruitment is getting confusing. 

2. Armani Winfield (Lewisville, Texas). One big thing with Winfield was he didn't feel like Texas was recruiting him with the vigor they were other WR's. Fair or not, he has been getting that feeling from Michigan State. Texas will need to show him how much they want him, assuming they do. Multiple Texas staff members have attempted to reach out to Winfield's circle after the game today.

3. Jordan Hudson is expected to end up at TCU should Samples. It would be an upset of Hudson doesn't end up with Samples. Not saying it's 100%, but it's close.

(note - mentioned in the comments that A&M was hoping to bring back Tim Brewster)

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I'm guessing Samp is getting the OC title if he's going to TCU.  Only way that makes any sense.   

Don't think he is going to be the OC. Probably retain his current title. Sonny might try and sneak Riley in for OC. 

This is just what I've gathered from parsing the TCU and SMU boards. Billy for SMU actually confirmed Samples and SMU's strength coach Kazadi to TCU before TCU's guys did. I'd be shocked if that doesn't come to pass. 

As to how much sense it makes that's on you. Also not sure how relevant this even is to this thread now that Winfield is decommited. 

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Don't think he is going to be the OC. Probably retain his current title. Sonny might try and sneak Riley in for OC. 

This is just what I've gathered from parsing the TCU and SMU boards. Billy for SMU actually confirmed Samples and SMU's strength coach Kazadi to TCU before TCU's guys did. I'd be shocked if that doesn't come to pass. 

As to how much sense it makes that's on you. Also not sure how relevant this even is to this thread now that Winfield is decommited. 

Such a mistake from Samples, if he is committed to TCU. He is likely going to have multiple suitors, so he would be a moron to make a decision until next week at the earliest 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Such a mistake from Samples, if he is committed to TCU. He is likely going to have multiple suitors, so he would be a moron to make a decision until next week at the earliest 

I'm sure those suitors have been in his ear already. Theres no way aggy hasn't. SMU for sure has thrown some money at him to try and get him to stay. I want him at TCU less than maybe anyone here but he's a big DFW guy and is apparently pretty buddy buddy with Dykes so it is what it is. He's certainly taking a bet on himself and TCU is 2-3 years away from winning that conference in my book.

And he should be at least high 6 figs if not 7 at TCU - so maybe not tagged as OC but paid close to it. And he'll have more titles than just RB/WR coach. 

Edited by ztejas

I don't think anyone cares about Winfield de-commiting, especially since he's a weak take anyway. If that gives us room to actually take a good player instead, I'd be stoked, especially for more OL. I mean God damn, what tf is going on with that? Is this staff just fucking retards? Early playing time, an actual OL corch who can develop, etc. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm sure those suitors have been in his ear already. Theres no way aggy hasn't. SMU for sure has thrown some money at him to try and get him to stay. I want him at TCU less than maybe anyone here but he's a big DFW guy and is apparently pretty buddy buddy with Dykes so it is what it is. He's certainly taking a bet on himself and TCU is 2-3 years away from winning that conference in my book.

And he should be at least high 6 figs if not 7 at TCU - so maybe not tagged as OC but paid close to it. And he'll have more titles than just RB/WR coach. 

I get it, but coaching profession is more than what you get paid now and titles. You move up to bigger programs and make a bigger circle, because at some point you are going to get canned and you want your network to be bigger than Dykes 

• Like 1

Yes, but the LBs weren't the main reason for that this game, and Richardson made the play of the game with the 3rd down tackle of Vaughn inside the 20 and Oghoufo took away the pitch man on 4th down.

Sometimes you’re right; sometimes you’re wrong. Always an ass.

The safety is not the issue for poor run D.

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I get it, but coaching profession is more than what you get paid now and titles. You move up to bigger programs and make a bigger circle, because at some point you are going to get canned and you want your network to be bigger than Dykes 

Samples’ value is way higher for in-state schools, he’s not leaving the state. So with that in mind, where else would he go?  Like it or not, hot assistants probably ain’t looking to attach themselves to Sark right now.  Aranda could leave Baylor at anytime. Tech is a lateral move at best, and probably a step down because you have to recruit to Lubbock.

The best P5 options in his mind would be to follow Dykes to TCU or aggy. And reports were that he was angling for an aggy offer, but I don’t think he got it. So he’s following Dykes to TCU

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting