Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You are an analytics guy, and I respect that. The dumb fuck you are arguing with likes to be a troll when people are passionate or serious about a topic he thinks is stupid. He did it to me then admitted it everybody. Save your breathe. 

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

fist bump GIF

Because both your opinions are retarded. 

• Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, NoName said:

princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF

He wasn't demoted asshole.

He wasn't demoted to just a DL coach. That would be a demotion.

They promoted Lake. They gave him a ton of money. They gave him play calling. They gave PK a bunch of money to stay on. This has been discussed a TON when it happened and since then. PK was on board with it. PK coached Lake in college. Lake and PK worked together for many years. Lake kept PK on when he was promoted to head coach.

He didn't get demoted. This is a false narrative, and one that is very easily identified as false.

Tim Beck was demoted to QB coach and stripped of play calling.

Vance Bedford was demoted from DC and play caller to secondary coach and no play calling.

Kerry Coombs was demoted at tOSU in like week two, stripped of play calling and made a highly paid positon coach basically.

Those are demotions.

they gave him a bunch of money to stay on because they thought he'd be a good position coach...maybe a coordinator.

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

This thread is a beat down. Half the people just yelling at clouds like old men. PK came in with a great reputation. Only a complete idiot would argue against that. PK has taken this defense and driven it into a ditch this year m. Only a complete moron would argue against that. Sark is going to fire PK or let him remake the staff. We will find out which one after the class signs, until then it would be nice not to see the same old BS bitching over and over again 

Prettty much this. It’s a no sum game. PK has been a good DC, he wasn’t this year.  We’ll find out which trend is correct next year and not a second before. But people want something to yell about so here we are. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Stanford was 1-11 the year before Harbaugh got there.  We had a coach inherit 1-11 after years of hopeless failure, and then improve each year to 4, 5, and then 8 wins we would celebrate him like everyone else.

Sark inherited a 7-3 team that would have won 10 games if not for OOC and Kansas games being cancelled.   Herman didn’t leave him a dumpster fire no matter how desperately some of you need to believe that.  He has made the program worse in year 1.

Lulz.

20 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Hey man PK held OU to 17 in the first half too. And then we all went home and got laid and nothing else happened in the game. 

Was that due to Alien boy sucking or PK actually being good.  Mean pretty damn epic that the then Heisman front runner gets benched for a freshman QB.  What’s telling is no adjustments to the Williams run option and tossing up 50:50 balls.

though they were more like 95:5 balls with our DBs.

9 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

Was that due to Alien boy sucking or PK actually being good.  Mean pretty damn epic that the then Heisman front runner gets benched for a freshman QB.  What’s telling is no adjustments to the Williams run option and tossing up 50:50 balls.

though they were more like 95:5 balls with our DBs.

Yea that was pretty tongue in cheek

48 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Prettty much this. It’s a no sum game. PK has been a good DC, he wasn’t this year.  We’ll find out which trend is correct next year and not a second before. But people want something to yell about so here we are. 

So you think he stays? I was assuming he'll be canned. Not hard to tell a guy "it just didn't work out" when his D is so historically bad.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

. Ffs, he only had 3 losses in his final 2 seasons at UNC before coming to Texas 2 of those 3 losses were to Bobby Bowden’s FSU juggernaut and the last season he finished 4 in the country. He did that at a basketball school with no football pedigree. That’s fucking worlds better than anything Sarkisian has ever accomplished. The worst of those 4 years is past Sark’s peak and the other 3 stomp his head in. 

Coming off the Dick Crum era, Mack wasn't walking into a total shitshow. His 1979-82 teams were the first UNC teams to go bowling four years in a row. They beat us in two of those years, once in the Sun and once in the Bluebonnet. Those were the Lawrence Taylor, Kelvin Bryant, Harris Barton, Reuben Davis, and Famous Amos Lawrence years. They'd become a .500 team by the time they canned Crum and brought in Mack, but by and large they were a program on the rise. 

Mack went 2-20 his first two years at UNC. No way he sticks around to his big 6-4-1 turnaround in his third year there if he'd laid those two rotten eggs in Austin. He got them to a 6-7 win plateau for a couple of years, then 8-9, and then that 10-win level he regarded as a success no matter what the fuck else happened. Kind of like a gifted student who settles for Bs because they are above average....

Point is, we don't know what Sark's ceiling is because he's not been given the same amount of time Mack was given to right the ship at UNC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mwaadeeb said:

And yet you keep making comments about how bad it is.

Because this is the time of year when we should be getting some actual recruiting news, and the thread keeps jumping multiple pages for football board fuckwits to see whose dick is the shortest. Talk about recruiting or fuck off. It’s not that hard. There are 500 other threads to discuss those topics.  If you want discuss the impact of potential coaching changes on recruiting, have at it. Otherwise, take it to the appropriate venue.

• Hook 'Em 3

Hey croots.  Yes we suck but…..

LSU sux, A&M sux, Ohio state sux, Alabama sux by extension because of Aggie.  and we all know OU Sux, so why not Austin?   

Shit if the season would’ve gone different damn we could’ve looked mighty good right about now.

Zero catches for Demas tonight, right?
I believe Stewart will go to A&M the exact second he signs and not before then

Demas was out tonight with an injury. Maybe that “injury” was to stay healthy for the transfer portal like the 247sports article alluded to.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Don’t sell yourself short. Youre basically a professional at this point. Everyone here is impressed after your public denunciation of strong after years of defending him Youve found a new way to advocate for him not being the worst UT coach of all time, statistics be damned. 

Oh, no, I couldn't possibly reach your levels of idiocy. I mean, I even went so far as to go and edit my post because I was pretty sure you lacked the brain-power to recognize the obvious sarcasm, and yet you're still here, obliviously stating that I'm "advocating for Strong."

I can't even pretend to be as stupid as you're being. Hell, I'm even drunk and I can't manage it. How do you do it?

So anyway, no, I didn't recognize that kid who decommitted, either.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Oh, no, I couldn't possibly reach your levels of idiocy. I mean, I even went so far as to go and edit my post because I was pretty sure you lacked the brain-power to recognize the obvious sarcasm, and yet you're still here, obliviously stating that I'm "advocating for Strong."

I can't even pretend to be as stupid as you're being. Hell, I'm even drunk and I can't manage it. How do you do it?

So anyway, no, I didn't recognize that kid who decommitted, either.

If we are thinking of the same post, you edited to say you weren’t advocating re-hiring strong. Not that you were sarcastic about saying we’d be better off with him, or that you didn’t think he was a strong recruiter. 

But please, go back and show your work on his strong classes. And I don’t mean a class ranking. I mean the actual kids ranked high who never made it to campus or were busts, like the florida 5. Cecil fucking cherry lol. Or just keep calling people stupid while addressing zero points. But yeah. We all buy youre drunk. 

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Can we hire the Ok State DC?

Ok St has had the 79th and 46th best defenses during Knowles first 2 years. Last year they were 14th and this year 2nd.

This defense starts ALL 4th and 5th year players. If you'd like to have a great defense every 3-4 years, this guy's your dude.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, quigley said:

Ok St has had the 79th and 46th best defenses during Knowles first 2 years. Last year they were 14th and this year 2nd.

This defense starts ALL 4th and 5th year players. If you'd like to have a great defense every 3-4 years, this guy's your dude.

Yet their freshmen DE whipped your ass all game.

8 minutes ago, quigley said:

The DC had to recruit his guys and build his defense/culture?

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
  • Like 2

So you’re saying that he took over the 90th ranked defense, and by his 2nd yr had them 46th, then 14th, and then 2nd? Yah, I don’t know how well it’d work out here -because apparently none of the numbers matter after what we’ve seen with PK this year - but if you wouldn’t sign up for that rapid of an improvement then I dunno what’s gunna satisfy you, ffs!
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

So you’re saying that he took over the 90th ranked defense, and by his 2nd yr had them 46th, then 14th, and then 2nd? Yah, I don’t know how well it’d work out here -because apparently none of the numbers matter after what we’ve seen with PK this year - but if you wouldn’t sign up for that rapid of an improvement then I dunno what’s gunna satisfy you, ffs!

11 4th or 5th year players. When does that happened? Anyway... next year will be the test to see if he can sustain success with a new batch of players.

Edited by quigley

22 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yet their freshmen DE whipped your ass all game.

Yes, he did, because the freshman QB holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks, but most of those were coverage sacks.

The OU offense improved so much throughout this year to get to the point it did today. Williams in particular was better with decision-making. OU still needs WR who will get to windows vs zone defense and sit.

Today couldn't have gone much better for Texas, from a recruiting perspective.

OU and Ohio State both lost. So we can tell recruits They're only good with Urban's or Stoops's players.

Aggy lost. We can tell recruits - Same as it ever was. Aggy can buy players but they can't coach em up.

Bama looked shitty. We can tell recruits - All the good coaches at Bama came to Texas, and Saban is about to retire.

LSU won, but Riley gave em the big "Nope". So we can tell recruits that LSU is a dumpster fire with no good coach on the horizon.

Only thing that would have been better would have been for Bama to lose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting