Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

IT on Neto:

Allen 2022 OL Neto Umeozulu is one of the biggest remaining targets on the board for Texas in the 2022 class.

The No. 65 player in the 2022 On300 prefers to keep his recruiting process close to his vest, but after Allen's 59-21 third round playoff win over Euless Trinity Neto opened up to Inside Texas about his decision timeline and his recent Texas official visit.

With the first National Signing Day nearly two weeks away, Neto Umeozulu gave the latest on his commitment timeline.

"I'm going to drop my decision sometime next month before National Signing Day," Neto Umeozulu told Inside Texas. "I hope the school I commit to will be the one I sign with shortly afterward but you know how crazy December gets with coaching changes. The schools that I'm really focusing on are Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama, Oklahoma, and maybe LSU."

Neto along with his brother, 2024 On3 Consensus No. 10 Zina Umeozulu, made the trip to Austin for the Kansas game and the elder Umeozulu had rave reviews for the official visit.

"Austin is always such a good time. Texas really laid out the red carpet for me and my family on our recent visit," Umeozulu said. "Even though they took the L it was a great experience and I had a blast. Also, they really need offensive linemen."

In addition to the first-class treatment on the official visit, the McCombs School of Business pitch has resonated with Neto.

"Another thing that stood out was the networking at Texas," he said. "The connections that you can build after school were highlighted. There are a lot of like-minded individuals at Texas and they have a great business school."

Umeozulu mentioned that his relationship with Texas offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Kyle Flood was another highlight from his recent official visit.

"Honestly Coach (Kyle) Flood and I have a really great relationship," Neto Umeozulu said. "On the last visit he showed me specific things on my film that I need to work on. I really liked that he took time to teach me and he also compared my game with some great players he's coached in the past."

Allen's 59-21 win over Euless Trinity was extra sweet with revenge from last season factored in and now the Chad Morris led Eagles will face off against Southlake Carroll in a regional final next weekend.

"336 days ago we caught an L from that same Euless Trinity team. We wanted revenge and we were the more physical team today," said Umeozulu. "We're going to rest up and get back to the grind and get ready for a really good Southlake Carroll team."

At 6-foot-4, 285 pounds, Neto Umeozulu is the No. 95 ranked recruit in the country for the class of 2022, according to the On3 consensus. He is the No. 8 interior offensive lineman in the country and the No. 20 recruit from the state of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 5

On 11/23/2021 at 5:04 PM, Hookem2147 said:

It's funny talking about Tyler Johnson not liking football because Neto Umeozulu apparently doesn't like football either (his brother likes it way more) and he's one of our top remaining targets.

So any more info to be shared on Neto's lack of interest in football ??

We did, his name is Christian Jones.

Lmao god damn it this is outstanding
"I hope the school I commit to will be the one I sign with shortly afterward but you know how crazy December gets with coaching changes. The schools that I'm really focusing on are Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama, Oklahoma, and LSU.

Kind of implies not Texas, neither Sark nor Flood is going anywhere. LSU is the one looking at a changing change, with OU and A&M sort of caught up in that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Lmao god damn it this is outstanding...  Kind of implies not Texas, neither Sark nor Flood is going anywhere. LSU is the one looking at a changing change, with OU and A&M sort of caught up in that.

Yeah, that's why I asked about the previous post that shared concerns about a lack of interest Neto might have in playing football.  

This roster needs leadership, passion, heart, grit and talent from guys who love playing football -- not players that are more interested in just being on the team and wearing UT gear.  

Spoiler

Another team source said Tyler Johnson, a four-star recruit in UT’s 2019 class, was content to be a part of the team and wear the UT gear around campus and down on Sixth Street, but “had other interests and just lacked the want-to to be great. Had the physical tools. Just didn’t want it badly enough.”

"Johnson never exhibited the urgency and intensity offensive coordinator Kyle Flood was looking for, according to a source."

Also From Last Week:   "Johnson, however, hasn’t been practicing or traveling with the team for the past three weeks, a source told Horns247. Depending on who you talk to, Johnson is either suspended from the team or simply done with football at Texas (or both), although his name hasn’t surfaced yet in the transfer portal."

Edited by LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I have seen nothing or heard anything before that post suggesting Neto doesn't like to play football. I've heard he his is a bit of an aloof though. Kid just isn't all that into this recruiting thing, doesn't mean he doesn't love football.

Seriously, there's been some bizarre/hilarious projection going on here recently since the Tyler Johnson stuff with people questioning how much specific kids like football or how selfish they are if they'd leave the state or if they have any leadership qualities. All of which they'd never be privy to, but it's very on brand for the board.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-commit-JMond-Tapp-honored-as-an-All-American-176370144/

Texas commit J'Mond Tapp honored as an All-American

BySTEVE WILTFONG Nov 27, 8:49 AM

Donaldsonville (La.) Ascension Catholic Top247 defensive lineman J’mond Tapp was honored this past week as part of the Road to the Dome Series for the All-American Bowl. The Texas commit was awarded his jersey sharing the moment at hime with his family.

“It was exciting man,” Tapp said. “Best feeling.

“It feels like one of the chosen ones. It’s something nice to achieve and not many can achieve that.”

The All-American Bowl has been the nation’s premier high school sporting event over the last two decades, with the likes of Ezekiel Elliott, Trevor Lawrence, Adrian Peterson, Christian McCaffrey, Chase Young and Derrick Henry having suited up. It’s played inside the Alamo Dome every January in San Antonio, Texas with NBC bringing the national broadcast. Over 20,000 fans attend annually with a more TV viewers then any other all-star game combined.

“I’m looking forward to the experience, just to play on the field, play friends and others,” Tapp said.

From there Tapp will head to Texas, one of the jewels of a Longhorns recruiting class ranked No. 8 nationally by the 247Sports Sports Composite. He chose the Longhorns over an offer list that included Alabama, LSU and several others.

“I’m not looking nowhere else, I’m going to stick with Texas and can’t wait for Signing Day,” Tapp said.

“It’s home. Everything about it, it’s in Texas, being a Longhorn is something I always wanted.”

With that Tapp loves the trajectory of the program under Steve Sarkisian and his staff.

“It’s a process you have to trust.”

Tapp ranks as the 247Sports Composite’s No. 10 edge rusher and No. 129 prospect overall.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Siap... From Nick Harris 247 

Mater Dei LB Eoghan Kerry becomes the third decommitment this week. This one comes as a bit of a surprise. We’ll work to find out more.

EDIT from Greg Biggins: This could be one of those ‘mutual’ parting of ways. Kerry lost his starting job 3-4 weeks ago and hasn’t had a very impactful season. Now MD is the top team in the nation and the player starting over him is a ‘24 kid who will be a national recruit. Still I talked with a MD coach a few weeks back who said he had advised Eoghan on opening things up to find a school where he would have a better chance to play at so not shocked by this one.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

Can we recruit some guys that do this? 

The coolest thing about this play is the amount of shit he talked immediate prior to the snap. He pointed at the guy and used his arms to signal I’m fucking coming for you and through you. It was crazy. Then he went beast mode and pancaked the defender on the way to the QB. Really a shame they converted there, but ended up not mattering. 

• Like 3

The coolest thing about this play is the amount of shit he talked immediate prior to the snap. He pointed at the guy and used his arms to signal I’m fucking coming for you and through you. It was crazy. Then he went beast mode and pancaked the defender on the way to the QB. Really a shame they converted there, but ended up not mattering. 

Every good team has that one person that doesn’t just have a mean streak, but that has a psycho streak. I played with one in high school that made me better because I was terrified he would go temple of doom and rip my heart out of my chest and eat it. We could use one or three around the 40.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Every good team has that one person that doesn’t just have a mean streak, but that has a psycho streak. I played with one in high school that made me better because I was terrified he would go temple of doom and rip my heart out of my chest and eat it. We could use one or three around the 40.

are you saying brendan schooler is not that guy??

33 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

We need a few Lattimers and Macks on this team for sure.

Kind of implies not Texas, neither Sark nor Flood is going anywhere. LSU is the one looking at a changing change, with OU and A&M sort of caught up in that.

I don’t see how it implies anything either way, except that certain coaching changes could affect his opinion on a school, positively or negatively.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

If it is a cold storage device that he has the keys to that is exactly how it works.

If he didn't take the BTC and immediately move it to his own personal wallet where only he knows the keys, then he is a moron.

If they basically repo'd the crypto, then good for them.

Edited by NoName

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Yeah, it was a clear example of one team with elite talent and another team with good talent that was just flat out meaner & tougher, and with a superior gameplan. Very different scenarios and everything, but it really did give me hope to see what Sark can do if he’s given a couple more seasons to build a culture & roster. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sark did the smart thing and has an historically bad season in year 1. Mediocrity only year 2 will look like we are on our way back up, and the 50 point loss to Alabama will happen very early and will be a distant memory when we are recording win #8 on thanksgiving weekend.  Then he will have some program momentum to sell on The trail!

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Mike MacDonald has made a huge difference for Michigan. Crazy how quickly the right coach can fix a unit. Right Sark? RIGHT SARK???????

Give me a guy like Hutchinson. Dude had 15 pressures just by himself yesterday 
Edited by OB3
  • Hook 'Em 2

If I’m the new Texas coach and I walk in and see the infestation of “highly” rated group of lazy underachievers I would let it burn to the ground year one and rebuild.  This year had to happen to show which guys truly cared and it gives Sark cover for the upcoming purge.  Now we will see it he can make the right corrections on staff and players moving forward.  

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yeah, it was a clear example of one team with elite talent and another team with good talent that was just flat out meaner & tougher, and with a superior gameplan. Very different scenarios and everything, but it really did give me hope to see what Sark can do if he’s given a couple more seasons to build a culture & roster. 

Bro gtfooh with this wishcasting trust the corches bullshit!!! You are not allowed to have hope that we might see improvements from Sark after year one in here, hate only.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, stork642 said:

If I’m the new Texas coach and I walk in and see the infestation of “highly” rated group of lazy underachievers I would let it burn to the ground year one and rebuild.  This year had to happen to show which guys truly cared and it gives Sark cover for the upcoming purge.  Now we will see it he can make the right corrections on staff and players moving forward.  

I like this argument

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting