Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

USC only has 8 commits, Riley’s going to try to take dang near everyone with him I’d imagine.

LA might be too far for some of them though

His five star recruits for the next two years are all from FL and CA. This was an incredibly smart move by him. 

Just depends on if he wants certain kids from TX when a lot of kids are going to be wanting to go to USC now. If he closes the CA borders, he can sprinkle in some FL and TX kids. I can see Campbell being a priority but I’m guessing the kids OU got from TX and those they were recruiting might not be in their plans.

It will be interesting to see if Carrington stays and wants to go after some big fish that are committed to other schools. Right now, we don’t have anyone in the top 10 committed, so they might go after others. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

LSU has their guy too. If it isn’t Dabo or Jimbo announced in the next day, it’s somebody playing this weekend. Christobal to LSU would be just fucking great for us. Regardless, the agent world says LSU’s deal is done. 

It’s probably Aranda, but man, Cristobal would kill it recruiting at LSU. It would hurt us, but it would really murder aggy.  

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Unlike us, blOU knows how to consistently identify and target good coaching hires. They dug up Riley back when he was the OC at East Carolina.

To be fair, Riley was on lots of radars then, s as and when the time came to make Riley HC he’d been on campus as OC for awhile. 

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Whatever.  Many of us wanted Riley here with charlie

Yeah I remember the majority of the people on here or shaggy beating this drum. I knew jackshit about him.

I don't think this affects our recruiting in a negative way. He didn't really recruit Texas all that much considering it was OU. Now he's going to a school that has enough instate talent to feast. If anything they're going to kneecap Oregon's recruiting. 

Edited by Bevo14

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

LSU has their guy too. If it isn’t Dabo or Jimbo announced in the next day, it’s somebody playing this weekend. Christobal to LSU would be just fucking great for us. Regardless, the agent world says LSU’s deal is done. 

I would think Knight and the NIL stuff would make it pretty tough for anyone to poach Christobal from Oregon. 

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t agree with this at all, because of the SEC move. 

They are still our primary rival and without them we'll always be overshadowed by the Iron Bowl or whatever the fuck they call Florida vs Georgia. You wanna be like Aggy and have our "rival" be South Carolina?

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Christobal to LSU would seriously make things suck in the long term though. Another super bag game to pair with Jimbo will mean we would have to enter the game in a massive way.

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't wish to sound obtuse, but why would Cristobal to LSU be good for us?  Is this sarcasm?  Or do you think as a head coach he is that overrated?

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Orgeron announcing he wasn't going to coach the bowl game is a good indicator.

8 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

They are still our primary rival and without them we'll always be overshadowed by the Iron Bowl or whatever the fuck they call Florida vs Georgia. You wanna be like Aggy and have our "rival" be South Carolina?

Who cares? If you win in the SEC, you’re going to the playoff.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting