Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

42 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Unlike us, blOU knows how to consistently identify and target good coaching hires. They dug up Riley back when he was the OC at East Carolina.

Everybody in the fucking country knew about the OC at East Carolina - they didn't discover or 'dig him up'.  Full credit for making the hire - but he wasn't some unknown.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You should should stop, take the L, and move on. You had a bad take. 

It’s worth stopping just so all the “high IQ” assholes don’t have to inform him how much smarter they are and how good their takes always are lol. Stan drayton’s fan boy, the two diatribe twins that golf together…it’s just not worth it haha. 

8 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

What loss, you agreed with me dummy

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

No I didn’t you idiot. 

51 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Maybe the SEC move changes this but Texas needs OU to be good to be relevant.

32 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t agree with this at all, because of the SEC move. 

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You should should stop, take the L, and move on. You had a bad take. 

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

That implies that without the SEC move you agree we needed OU which was my original thesis

Good lord you are a regard. I’m not wasting another second on your idiocy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Or he's currently still employed so he's doing his job

This.

Timing is everything with signing day so close. I know Coleman hasn’t done jack on the trail but they still could wait til after signing day to get rid of him. That might be when better replacement options become available too.

Edited by Hookem2147

46 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Christobal to LSU would seriously make things suck in the long term though. Another super bag game to pair with Jimbo will mean we would have to enter the game in a massive way.

You are assuming that Orgeron isn't a bag game player. He's been the bagman at many stops along the way. Someone with his people skills doesn't become an elite recruiter easily. Christobal to LSU wouldn't be an improvement over Orgeron. He's just as bad a game day coach as Ed is.

Eric Nahlin: And we thought Saturday was wild, thoughts on Lincoln Riley to USC

News of Lincoln Riley electing to leave Norman for Los Angeles hit even harder than when OU pushed Bob Stoops out of the way for Riley back in 2017. I was in the Cal Northridge earthquake. It felt similar to this.

This is why we love the bloodsport that is the carousel but what I care about most is how it affects Texas.

What we know about OU is it has traditionally recruited California well, from San Diego up to the dust bowls of Bakersfield and Fresno that remind of Oklahoma. Riley has built on that traditional success, with a current class laden with west coast talent, along with the No. 2 player in the 2023 class, quarterback Malachi Nelson. I’ll assume Nelson opens his recruitment back up and ultimately signs with USC, along with other stalwarts committed in 2022.

Steve Sarkisian was hoping to build a pipeline from Southern California to Austin. That didn‘t go according to plan, and it will be even tougher to build going forward. That’s one negative, but recruiting California was never going to make or break Sark anyway.

The main positive, of course, is it should be easier for Texas to reverse its losing ways against OU, which in the process helps elevate the program back to prominence. It remains to be seen who the OU brain trust will hire to replace Riley, but it will almost assuredly be a downgrade. That’s a big win. I’m also happy to have Bill Bedenbaugh out of the region. He’s one of the best O-line coaches in the country and the No. 1 reason players like Devon Campbell and Kam Dewberry have been high on the Sooners.

In the end, though, moves like this aren’t about individual recruitments, they’re about seismic shifts in the landscape and who is best positioned to take advantage. We were already paying close attention to the LSU job opening to understand how it would impact Texas. Now add OU to the list. This is a crucial point for UT. We spend a lot of time focusing on the inner-workings of the program, but externalities just became nearly as important. In Riley’s departure, Sark and his new staff are getting a stroke of luck on the heels of a bad luck season. However, we are still intently watching who fills the vacancy in Norman, as well as in Baton Rouge.

12 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Donors are acting like this has been some great weekend for Texas. Its fucking infuriating. 

Extra chaos and uncertainty at OU and LSU and A&M does mean more opportunity for Texas to poach staff and recruits and it takes the narrative away from our win loss record this year.

So that is good for UT and I can be happy about that extra opportunity.

However it is definitely not as good as taking care of our own business on the field.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Donors are acting like this has been some great weekend for Texas. Its fucking infuriating. 

I mean compared to the last few weeks this has been decent as a Texas fan. OU and Ag tears are always good. But obviously we shouldn’t be thumping our chest in any way.

2 hours ago, cashman said:

They’re CFP afterthoughts because they can’t actually win a game in the playoffs. If Clemson can stand on their own with all of their rivals being shit, then Texas can as well.

How about we worry about our play before we worry about having shitty rivals. I could care less how good OU/A&M are, means nothing to us. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting