Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Fucking Hand. It took about 4 seconds for Flood to be a cold glass of water after crawling through the desert like Clint Eastwood in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. 

Considering Sark's comments on DE versus WR roster slots, I'm kind of surprised Sanders is starting at TE. That really had to be his strong preference, especially considering Sark's indifference towards having a stud TE in his offense versus a perceived roster weakness. Juan Davis, who by all accounts is also a fucking stud TE, pretty much has to be moved to DE at this point I would think. I'd much prefer the reverse, but whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Fucking Hand. It took about 4 seconds for Flood to be a cold glass of water after crawling through the desert like Clint Eastwood in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. 

Considering Sark's comments on DE versus WR roster slots, I'm kind of surprised Sanders is starting at TE. That really had to be his strong preference, especially considering Sark's indifference towards having a stud TE in his offense versus a perceived roster weakness. Juan Davis, who by all accounts is also a fucking stud TE, pretty much has to be moved to DE at this point I would think. I'd much prefer the reverse, but whatever. 

One thing Mack Brown did well early on and through the VY years was allow players to make their own decisions regarding position choices, but not really. I've seen other coaches do it as well, so hopefully this is how Sarkisian handles it. Basically, let the players think they're making the choice but highlight repeatedly the opportunity at another spot until the player gives it a go after "asking" to do it, or then they just tell the guy he's going there and the guy transfers.

It's been 23 years, so don't shoot me if my memory is way off on this, but I feel like one of the first things they did when they got to Texas was show DD Lewis the RB depth chart and the LB depth chart and then asked him about an interest in taking some spring reps at LB. Maybe they did that with Babino at S vs LB and I'm schmearing DDL over that premise as well, but I don't think so.

Note: This isn't passing judgment on the correctness of Brown's staff getting guys to move, since it was a mixed bag. Nor is it claiming DD Lewis was a badass at LB, as I think anyone around at the time knows how I felt about his play while on the 40.

Note Note: Also not talking about the dumb shit the Brown staffs were doing in the back half of his tenure after getting lazy and needing to fill various gaps on the depth chart by pulling guys from other positions because of evaluation fuckups.

• Hook 'Em 1

With the potential composition of Sark's staff, it looks like he can continue what Herman started with basing our recruiting in Texas (obviously), using California and Arizona as a secondary "market" to mine, and occasionally cherry-picking from the southeast and other national hotbeds of recruiting - with more upside here if we're more willing to play in the mud.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One thing Mack Brown did well early on and through the VY years was allow players to make their own decisions regarding position choices, but not really. I've seen other coaches do it as well, so hopefully this is how Sarkisian handles it. Basically, let the players think they're making the choice but highlight repeatedly the opportunity at another spot until the player gives it a go after "asking" to do it, or then they just tell the guy he's going there and the guy transfers.

It's been 23 years, so don't shoot me if my memory is way off on this, but I feel like one of the first things they did when they got to Texas was show DD Lewis the RB depth chart and the LB depth chart and then asked him about an interest in taking some spring reps at LB. Maybe they did that with Babino at S vs LB and I'm schmearing DDL over that premise as well, but I don't think so.

Note: This isn't passing judgment on the correctness of Brown's staff getting guys to move, since it was a mixed bag. Nor is it claiming DD Lewis was a badass at LB, as I think anyone around at the time knows how I felt about his play while on the 40.

Note Note: Also not talking about the dumb shit the Brown staffs were doing in the back half of his tenure after getting lazy and needing to fill various gaps on the depth chart by pulling guys from other positions because of evaluation fuckups.

Herman did this as well, at least to get kids on campus

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The transfer portal/mindset might make this a bit more difficult. Where a kid before might have given another position a go, today they can just transfer somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Anybody that doesn't have a boner for the DC hire is wrong. Not a plus recruiter, though, so hopefully we can fill the remaining piece with a volume guy.

Agreed on the volume guy part, but if Texas is finishing in the top 10 every year and putting defensive players in the NFL, Pete K's job will be done for him. He'll be fine.

Banks recruited damn near every high schooler, regardless of position, in Texas for Bama so he can probably help cover.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I did a double take at his listing as a RB until I read down as saw DT which makes a helluva lot more sense.

Perroni with an aggy-focused update https://247sports.com/Article/Jaray-Bledsoe-Texas-AM-football-offer-Bremond-class-of-2022-159565171/

Spoiler

Bremond plays in the smallest 11-man classification in Texas high school football. However, that does not mean that the Brazos Valley town does not produce college prospects. A few years back, Roshauud Paul was a highly-sought-after athlete prospect after leading the Tigers to three-straight state titles.

Paul ended up signing with Texas A&M and, now, the Aggies are after another player at the nearby school. On Tuesday morning, A&M became the fourth program to offer class of 2022 defensive lineman Jaray Bledsoe.

The Aggies had been one of the first teams in contact with the 6-foot-4, 260-pound junior and decided to pull the trigger on an offer this week. Bledsoe's first offer came from Baylor in mid-December and was followed by Oklahoma State later that week. Oklahoma made it three offers on Monday with the Aggies upping that number to four on Tuesday.

As a junior this past season, Bledsoe was a standout on both sides of the ball for the Tigers. On defense, he finished the 12-game season with 104 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, two sacks, four forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and a safety. In addition, he was also the team's second-leading rusher. Bledsoe ran for 1,259 yards and 21 touchdowns while averaging eight yards per carry.

Bledsoe would likely have even more offers at this point had college coaches been allowed to be on the road this past spring or had their been camps allowed this summer. If coaches are going to be allowed to be on the road this coming spring, Bremond should be a popular destination.

Edited by Hornlover
Spoiler, not quote
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting