Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Drew Hughes' follows since joining the staff:

Jaylon Guilbeau (hasn't decommitted yet!)

Garfield Lawrence

Jamarion Miller: https://247sports.com/player/jamarion-miller-46058624/

Bryson Donnell: https://247sports.com/player/bryson-donnell-46095043/

Bryan Allen: https://247sports.com/player/bryan-allen-jr-46053225/

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

A) fuck Hun, used to kick their ass at swimming in high school while Myron Rolle was obliterating our football team.

B) Flood working methodically through the top OTs Hand hadn't bothered to offer.

Bro you have rivalries with some random ass schools 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mike at Night: 2022 Tidbit

— Members of the new Texas staff have been reaching out to high schools to get ahead on the 2022 and 2023 classes. I was told Terry Joseph reached out to South Oak Cliff High School to talk about their underclassmen prospects. One prospect, in particular, to watch here is 2022 defensive back Kyron Chambers. I talked about Chambers a few weeks ago, but he is a strong and athletic defensive back who is about to blow up. He's already picked up a few different offers with Texas and Oklahoma both sticking around.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Dummy said:

Mike at Night: 2022 Tidbit

— Members of the new Texas staff have been reaching out to high schools to get ahead on the 2022 and 2023 classes. I was told Terry Joseph reached out to South Oak Cliff High School to talk about their underclassmen prospects. One prospect, in particular, to watch here is 2022 defensive back Kyron Chambers. I talked about Chambers a few weeks ago, but he is a strong and athletic defensive back who is about to blow up. He's already picked up a few different offers with Texas and Oklahoma both sticking around.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyron-Chambers-46111880/

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Ya, I am blown away by those. 

51 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

I heard the engineers at ou had to scrap the plan for theirs....you know ‘cause they kept sucking. 

8 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

those are cool as hell

Y'all are crushing it. 

Roach

Spoiler

— I continue to hear that Director of Recruiting Bryan Carrington will be retained by Steve Sarkisian if he wants to stay. While Carrington hasn't been as active on social media as usual, I spoke with multiple recruits who have been in contact with Carrington. From what I've heard, he's been working the phones hard behind the scenes to help the new Texas staff get acquainted with some of the bigger targets in the 2022 class. The response from recruits has been overwhelmingly positive in favor of Carrington staying, so that's definitely a postivie for Texas.

— It sounds like Kyle Flood has been getting busy since arriving at Texas. Multiple offers have gone out and Flood has been scouring the transfer portal and making contact with a number of recruits. One recruit they've been all over is Kam Dewberry. The 2022 Atascocita offensive lineman dropped his junior film last week and showed off a really strong year. Dewberry was offered early by Texas and grew up a fan of the Longhorns, but there were times when the previous staff didn't treat him like a priority. Dewberry's main recruiter at Alabama was Jeff Banks, so he's really just now getting to know Kyle Flood. Dewberry wants to give Texas a chance with a clean slate, and I believe they will get an official visit from him if those are allowed in the spring.  Kelvin Banks also said that Flood has been all over him since arriving in Austin and he really likes the developing relationship.  Banks is in no hurry to make a call and will wait until at least April when visits are supposed to open up to cut his list down any further. That's a positive first step to turning around the problems Texas has up front.

— Terry Joseph has been pretty busy as well. The Texas cornerbacks coach is trying to pick up communication with underclassmen targets for the Longhorns. Joseph recently reached out to four-star Garland safety Chace Biddle who was originally high on Texas after being recruited by Jay Valai, and it sounds like he made a good early impression. We've been told that Joseph has a relentless work ethic on the trail, and this is the second straight day someone reached out to express positive feedback on the new Texas assistant. I'm told the first connection with Joseph and Biddle went well and Texas should remain near the top for the electric safety.

— I'm told the staff is going through underclassmen film getting the bulk of evaluations out of the way so they can re-offer or send out new offers to prospects and build a proper board to get ahead in 2022.  Carthage linebacker Kip Lewis is on the rise and just picked up an offer from Oklahoma today.  I'm told someone from Texas reached out to him to indicate interest.  I'd expect this staff to get really aggressive after getting through film.

— Speaking of safeties, I'm told by sources that Blake Gideon made a good first impression with the safety room. It's a crowded room with a lot of talent, and Gideon has the unique perspective of sitting in that room for that university as a player with skins on the wall. It doesn't hurt that Gideon is closer to his players in age. I was told there was a renewed sense of energy in that room as another fresh start comes for them. More than anyone, the safety position underwent significant changes in philosophy the past few years. There are some big, athletic bodies with the chance to start over in Tyler Owens and BJ Foster while young guns like Jerrin Thompson and JD Coffey are ready to step up. This is a position I'll be watching closely to see if Gideon and Pete Kwiatkowski can get the most out of a weapon like Owens and a dynamic prospect like Foster.  Owens in particular seems to be at a crossroads.  While Craig Naivar was a huge fan of his potential, Chris Ash's staff didn't believe he could be a factor on defense for Texas.  Owens flirted with the portal multiple times, and this spring could be make or break for him.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Roach

Hide contents

— I continue to hear that Director of Recruiting Bryan Carrington will be retained by Steve Sarkisian if he wants to stay. While Carrington hasn't been as active on social media as usual, I spoke with multiple recruits who have been in contact with Carrington. From what I've heard, he's been working the phones hard behind the scenes to help the new Texas staff get acquainted with some of the bigger targets in the 2022 class. The response from recruits has been overwhelmingly positive in favor of Carrington staying, so that's definitely a postivie for Texas.

— It sounds like Kyle Flood has been getting busy since arriving at Texas. Multiple offers have gone out and Flood has been scouring the transfer portal and making contact with a number of recruits. One recruit they've been all over is Kam Dewberry. The 2022 Atascocita offensive lineman dropped his junior film last week and showed off a really strong year. Dewberry was offered early by Texas and grew up a fan of the Longhorns, but there were times when the previous staff didn't treat him like a priority. Dewberry's main recruiter at Alabama was Jeff Banks, so he's really just now getting to know Kyle Flood. Dewberry wants to give Texas a chance with a clean slate, and I believe they will get an official visit from him if those are allowed in the spring.  Kelvin Banks also said that Flood has been all over him since arriving in Austin and he really likes the developing relationship.  Banks is in no hurry to make a call and will wait until at least April when visits are supposed to open up to cut his list down any further. That's a positive first step to turning around the problems Texas has up front.

— Terry Joseph has been pretty busy as well. The Texas cornerbacks coach is trying to pick up communication with underclassmen targets for the Longhorns. Joseph recently reached out to four-star Garland safety Chace Biddle who was originally high on Texas after being recruited by Jay Valai, and it sounds like he made a good early impression. We've been told that Joseph has a relentless work ethic on the trail, and this is the second straight day someone reached out to express positive feedback on the new Texas assistant. I'm told the first connection with Joseph and Biddle went well and Texas should remain near the top for the electric safety.

— I'm told the staff is going through underclassmen film getting the bulk of evaluations out of the way so they can re-offer or send out new offers to prospects and build a proper board to get ahead in 2022.  Carthage linebacker Kip Lewis is on the rise and just picked up an offer from Oklahoma today.  I'm told someone from Texas reached out to him to indicate interest.  I'd expect this staff to get really aggressive after getting through film.

— Speaking of safeties, I'm told by sources that Blake Gideon made a good first impression with the safety room. It's a crowded room with a lot of talent, and Gideon has the unique perspective of sitting in that room for that university as a player with skins on the wall. It doesn't hurt that Gideon is closer to his players in age. I was told there was a renewed sense of energy in that room as another fresh start comes for them. More than anyone, the safety position underwent significant changes in philosophy the past few years. There are some big, athletic bodies with the chance to start over in Tyler Owens and BJ Foster while young guns like Jerrin Thompson and JD Coffey are ready to step up. This is a position I'll be watching closely to see if Gideon and Pete Kwiatkowski can get the most out of a weapon like Owens and a dynamic prospect like Foster.  Owens in particular seems to be at a crossroads.  While Craig Naivar was a huge fan of his potential, Chris Ash's staff didn't believe he could be a factor on defense for Texas.  Owens flirted with the portal multiple times, and this spring could be make or break for him.

Must have missed this in the coaching staff thread but this seems to be confirmation that Terry Joseph will coach primarily corners, Gideon will coach primarily safeties, and Banks will handle the ST duties?

Edited by satyanash

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Must have missed this in the coaching staff thread but this seems to be confirmation that Terry Joseph will coach primarily corners, Gideon will coach primarily safeties, and Banks will handle the ST duties?

Yes, plus Sark said in one of his Zoom calls that his final hire is going to be a linebackers coach.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Sark more or less confirmed this on a Zoom call, I believe. 

• Like 1

Nor after the NCAA opens a satellite office and snaps on the white gloves for the proctologist work in regards to the raping and pillaging in Baton Rouge. 

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Man, they're going to take their whole '22 DB class from Texas at this rate

https://247sports.com/player/marcus-scott-4611271

Edited by SydneyCarton

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting