Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

No way this kid should be going to tosu.. stay home so momma can see you more

Texas has a good shot, no? This one will be a bit baggy, but folks are thinking UT has a good shot. I guess I haven't followed specifically what was happening with this or any recruitment until very recently, so I missed whatever your reference to tOSU is.

Same friend from yesterday's hail of bullets being fired at me mentioned that Bear Alexander, Evan Stewart, the Miller guy from Tyler, Abor, and the Arlington standout are all probably guys that wind up at Texas and play big roles in fortifying the top 10-ishness of the class.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas has a good shot, no? This one will be a bit baggy, but folks are thinking UT has a good shot. I guess I haven't followed specifically what was happening with this or any recruitment until very recently, so I missed whatever your reference to tOSU is.

Same friend from yesterday's hail of bullets being fired at me mentioned that Bear Alexander, Evan Stewart, the Miller guy from Tyler, Abor, and the Arlington standout are all probably guys that wind up at Texas and play big roles in fortifying the top 10-ishness of the class.

I have a couple of tosu guys who keep chirping about how Bear is trending to them big time. Fuck those guys, great to read what you heard

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Heavy Stanford lean, Ernest Cooper?

You're probably more current than me, so go with that. Also, I hope it is obvious that I've got no thoughts yet on some of these guys, so therefore no bullshit detector where in a normal setting, if something doesn't jibe with what we're hearing elsewhere via this board, I'll usually say "wait, you're telling me the Stanford man is suddenly going to switch gears and have eyes for Texas?" So stick with your gut if this doesn't sound right. I'll ask for better insights via knowing the names, the next time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

IT

Spoiler

More on the de-commitment of 2022 Aledo S Bryan Allen Jr. from LSU: IT spoke with Allen Jr. last night, and the first team out of his mouth was Texas A&M followed by Oklahoma and Texas. The 6-foot-0, 190-pound safety told IT he is not close to making a new decision.

With Allen’s de-commitment from LSU, we’re also keeping an eye out for Beaumont West Brook S Bryce Anderson. We don’t think the full story between Anderson and Texas has been written yet. If UT goes all in, Anderson will be receptive.

John Paul II CB Terrance Brooks is a defensive back IT has rated higher than both Allen Jr. and Anderson. He’s a recruit Terry Joseph is able to hit the ground running with because of their prior relationship when Joseph offered Brooks while at Notre Dame. Brooks and his father were watching the Texas CB hire closely and were excited about Joseph getting the nod. OU and TCU are currently turning up the heat on Brooks but he can play for any team in the country.

From asking around, we know Joseph has been in contact with Allen, Brooks, Landon Hullaby, Denver Harris, and Jared Kerr. Hullaby fits what Notre Dame was doing with hybrid defenders and Kerr looks like a more athletic version of Notre Dame safeties we’ve seen in the past.

Trenches:

Offensive line coach Kyle Flood has been in touch with OG Cole Hutson from Frisco. Hutson has offers from Alabama and the previous Texas staff.

Texas defensive line coach Bo Davis has zeroed in on three defensive tackle prospects in the 2022 class from inside state lines. Bear Alexander (Denton Ryan) and Jaray Bledsoe (Bremond) are joined by North Shore 6-3, 265-pounder Kristopher Ross.

“Coach Davis told me Texas wants to build a relationship with me, and he was telling me he likes my game.” - Ross

Bo Davis coached at North Shore way back when and is very familiar with the school. Texas will very likely look to take two from the school in 2022 and at least one in 2023 in CB Jacoby Davis.

Earlier in the week Ross picked up Baylor which was his first Power 5 offer.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Adding Arbor in this note is fantastic news to me. I thought he was leaning OU because of an uncle (or someone close to him) but good to know we're currently in a good position.

26 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

More on the de-commitment of 2022 Aledo S Bryan Allen Jr. from LSU: IT spoke with Allen Jr. last night, and the first team out of his mouth was Texas A&M followed by Oklahoma and Texas. The 6-foot-0, 190-pound safety told IT he is not close to making a new decision.

With Allen’s de-commitment from LSU, we’re also keeping an eye out for Beaumont West Brook S Bryce Anderson. We don’t think the full story between Anderson and Texas has been written yet. If UT goes all in, Anderson will be receptive.

John Paul II CB Terrance Brooks is a defensive back IT has rated higher than both Allen Jr. and Anderson. He’s a recruit Terry Joseph is able to hit the ground running with because of their prior relationship when Joseph offered Brooks while at Notre Dame. Brooks and his father were watching the Texas CB hire closely and were excited about Joseph getting the nod. OU and TCU are currently turning up the heat on Brooks but he can play for any team in the country.

From asking around, we know Joseph has been in contact with Allen, Brooks, Landon Hullaby, Denver Harris, and Jared Kerr. Hullaby fits what Notre Dame was doing with hybrid defenders and Kerr looks like a more athletic version of Notre Dame safeties we’ve seen in the past.

Trenches:

Offensive line coach Kyle Flood has been in touch with OG Cole Hutson from Frisco. Hutson has offers from Alabama and the previous Texas staff.

Texas defensive line coach Bo Davis has zeroed in on three defensive tackle prospects in the 2022 class from inside state lines. Bear Alexander (Denton Ryan) and Jaray Bledsoe (Bremond) are joined by North Shore 6-3, 265-pounder Kristopher Ross.

“Coach Davis told me Texas wants to build a relationship with me, and he was telling me he likes my game.” - Ross

Bo Davis coached at North Shore way back when and is very familiar with the school. Texas will very likely look to take two from the school in 2022 and at least one in 2023 in CB Jacoby Davis.

Earlier in the week Ross picked up Baylor which was his first Power 5 offer.

I won't ever claim to be a skilled evaluator of talent, but that Brooks kid looks pretty damn good to my eye. Def plays small-time competition, but some familiar faces pop up a few times in his Jr season highlights (Preston Stone, Megwa, maybe others?).

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that a legit football prospect can come out of JPII. School is like 5 mins from where I grew up and the school itself used to be office space for a telecommunications company my old man used to work at. Now they've got multiple big-time P5 prospects playing on what barely passes for a middle school field in DFW? 🤯

edits: also, I don't check this site for ~20 hours and i miss us hiring and then not hiring Stoops? Holy shit.

I've been pro-Hullaby for a while now. Glad to hear it sounds like there's a role he fits into pretty seamlessly for the new staff.

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’m sure it has been posted but I’ve been MIA for a few weeks. (And just got back when stoops news broke lulz horrible timing)

Is Carrington staying for sure or is he leaving after NSD. Not as vocal on social media like he once was. Especially with the #allgasnobrakes, thought it was kind of odd.

Our lone DB commit is not mentioned here.

From asking around, we know Joseph has been in contact with Allen, Brooks, Landon Hullaby, Denver Harris, and Jared Kerr. Hullaby fits what Notre Dame was doing with hybrid defenders and Kerr looks like a more athletic version of Notre Dame safeties we’ve seen in the past.

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:
At this stage in his recruitment, I asked him what was most important in picking a future college program.

Consistency of success in the football program, great academics, and somewhere I can grow as a person,” Klubnik stated.

Klubnik insisted he had no current leaders, but mentions Texas, Notre Dame, and Texas A&M as schools that stand out.

So, not us then. :(

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Our lone DB commit is not mentioned here.

From asking around, we know Joseph has been in contact with Allen, Brooks, Landon Hullaby, Denver Harris, and Jared Kerr. Hullaby fits what Notre Dame was doing with hybrid defenders and Kerr looks like a more athletic version of Notre Dame safeties we’ve seen in the past.

Someone asked Nahlin about him and he responded, "Guilbeau is viewed as solid."

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Heavy Stanford lean, Ernest Cooper?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You're probably more current than me, so go with that. Also, I hope it is obvious that I've got no thoughts yet on some of these guys, so therefore no bullshit detector where in a normal setting, if something doesn't jibe with what we're hearing elsewhere via this board, I'll usually say "wait, you're telling me the Stanford man is suddenly going to switch gears and have eyes for Texas?" So stick with your gut if this doesn't sound right. I'll ask for better insights via knowing the names, the next time. 

Devon Campbell is from Arlington, is the higher ranked player, is the bigger need (O-line), and has long thought to be a Texas lean. I'm guessing Campbell is the reference here.

5 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Devon Campbell is from Arlington, is the higher ranked player, is the bigger need (O-line), and has long thought to be a Texas lean. I'm guessing Campbell is the reference here.

I got it clarified. It's Campbell.

Also for clarity, not all of the guys I mentioned are UT leans. They're the type of guys that, when UT has its shit together, wind up at Texas and that's expected ultimately in this class with this staff.

23 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I don’t disagree with anything you are saying about A&M’s momentum and dangerous potential moving forward. That said, it does feel like we’ve been here before, in the 2012/2013 range. It’s easy to laugh about in hindsight, but they were riding high off the new car smell of the SEC, a Manziel Heisman, a Top 5 finish coupled with kicking the shit out of OU, back to back top 10 recruiting classes, and Sumlin being talked about as one of the best young head coaches in football. Meanwhile, we are firing late-stage Mack and hiring a coach that would give us our worst three year stretch in program history.

Maybe things work out differently this time with LSU and Auburn in a free fall, and maybe they get lucky and Saban retires next year. Or maybe Elko finally gets a head coaching gig and Jimbo’s offense takes a step back without Mond. We’ll see.

The big difference is Jimbo isn't a raging alcoholic like Sumlin was/is. Now he's going to have trouble getting WRs to play in his offense, because he likes to feature the RBs and TEs. 61% of Mond's completions went to those 2 positions. It will be interesting to see if Demas sticks around, because he's likely not seeing the field much next year either playing behind Lane, Jones, Preston, and Smith.

Wright could only make it one season before he said fuck it, I'm out.

2 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Adding Arbor in this note is fantastic news to me. I thought he was leaning OU because of an uncle (or someone close to him) but good to know we're currently in a good position.

Abor does have an uncle that is a huge Sooner fan and has been pushing him that way, Byrd will get in on it as well. Texas will have to work hard on that one. 

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

No shit? What's the ticket market going to look like for that one? 

No idea at all.  UCLA is all over me like flies on a rib roast to re-up my season seats, but I'm not sure.  Plus I want to see if I can upgrade without upgrading my donation level.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Roach

— I checked in with Aledo 2022 safety Bryan Allen today following his decommitment from LSU. The four-star safety was high on Texas before pulling the trigger to LSU, and now he's back on the market. Allen said the new Texas staff has already been in contact and they came heavy. Allen spoke with Director of Player Personnel Drew Hughes, safeties coach Blake Gideon and secondary coach Terry Joseph. Allen said he was impressed with how heavily Texas came at him and it showed him he's a big priority for them. Allen said a ton of schools have been showing interest in him and he wants to take some time and evaluate them. I've heard that those around him prefer he stays in the SEC, but Texas is coming after him hard.

— Speaking of Gideon and Joseph, I've heard some really good first impressions from players and parents I spoke with this week. I was told that both are energetic but very personable. For Gideon in particular, I was told that the kids he spoke with could tell how much he loves his alma mater and a few parents mentioned that it was a unique perspective for them since Gideon went through the process not that long ago.

— Nick spoke with some folks near four-star 2022 Spearman (Texas) athlete Brenen Thompson and we continue to hear that the fastest man in Texas is trending toward the Longhorns more than in previous months. Even entering December, Thompson had a good relationship with the staff, but he was also super high on Alabama. Most of what he liked about Alabama is now at Texas, and the Longhorns have the chance to really make a huge push and steal the momentum for the electric speedster.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Roach
— I checked in with Aledo 2022 safety Bryan Allen today following his decommitment from LSU. The four-star safety was high on Texas before pulling the trigger to LSU, and now he's back on the market. Allen said the new Texas staff has already been in contact and they came heavy. Allen spoke with Director of Player Personnel Drew Hughes, safeties coach Blake Gideon and secondary coach Terry Joseph. Allen said he was impressed with how heavily Texas came at him and it showed him he's a big priority for them. Allen said a ton of schools have been showing interest in him and he wants to take some time and evaluate them. I've heard that those around him prefer he stays in the SEC, but Texas is coming after him hard.
— Speaking of Gideon and Joseph, I've heard some really good first impressions from players and parents I spoke with this week. I was told that both are energetic but very personable. For Gideon in particular, I was told that the kids he spoke with could tell how much he loves his alma mater and a few parents mentioned that it was a unique perspective for them since Gideon went through the process not that long ago.
— Nick spoke with some folks near four-star 2022 Spearman (Texas) athlete Brenen Thompson and we continue to hear that the fastest man in Texas is trending toward the Longhorns more than in previous months. Even entering December, Thompson had a good relationship with the staff, but he was also super high on Alabama. Most of what he liked about Alabama is now at Texas, and the Longhorns have the chance to really make a huge push and steal the momentum for the electric speedster.

Brenen Thompson would be phenomenal. Where did the blOU te from Spearman portal off to?

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Alright, Sark more than just avoided shooting himself in the dick with this LB hire so let's get this excitement amped the fuck up. Not an incredible recruiting staff on defense, but they're going to coach those who come way the fuck up.

(Well, we'll see about CBs. But other than that.)

I'm seeing a lot of positive movement relating to recruiting-- not the BM type movement from the previous staff.  So I'm very excited from what I'm seeing. I disagree  on defensive staff, I think they will kill it there.

15 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If we get Thompson and Stewart that may be it for WR.  I'd take Kevin Coleman if he wants in as well.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15164292/5fb06f55d468b7099c4ddd86

Give me this guy playing football for the first time in his life. I've caught feelings.

https://247sports.com/player/chris-marshall-46110458/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15164292/5fb06f55d468b7099c4ddd86

Give me this guy playing football for the first time in his life. I've caught feelings.

https://247sports.com/player/chris-marshall-46110458/

Holy smokes. Thanks for pointing him out.  Those highlights are something else.  Wow.  Here's an article about first year football badass Chris Marshall from FB Marshall HS: https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2021/jan/14/hardwood-gridiron-marshall-loads-offers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Thompson, Stewart and Winfield would be a great pull but Burton is there too.   But the roster is wr heavy. I thought Thompson was a big ou lean

Burton has wanted to go OOS from the jump. Thompson is a lot more open since his buddy Conyers ditched OU.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CHIEF said:

Awesome interview, Draws from his teaching background. Is team disciplinarian a title you can give him for a pay raise?

CHIEF

I mentioned this in the other thread, but a lot of former players at Boise St wanted him and were activley pushing for him over Avalos and Kellen. Said to be great at developing and given who we have recruiting I think this is a great hire and wont be here long.

Late to the WR talk 

I think you take Thompson and Stewart, and then save a spot for an elite WR, whether that’s Burton, an out of state kid, or if Marshall turns into one. If you can’t (I think Texas should be able to in this class rather easily), then take three 

• Like 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting