Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

For some reason Gerry Hamilton has been shitting on him quite a bit. Says he lacks explosion

Ā 

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

Gerry seems pretty low on him, fwiw, at least compared to the more speedier/better separating options both in-state and elsewhereĀ 

Spider Man Reaction GIF

Ā 

Gerry's about the only 9.95er to trust when it comes to actually evaluating guys. I know several people that saw him at Pylon up in Dallas were impressed with his frame and hands but if he struggles to separate ...Ā Ā 

WR is a DEEEEEEEEEEEEEP class for 2022.Ā 

Edited by golfclap
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Ā 

Spider Man Reaction GIF

Ā 

Gerry's about the only 9.95er to trust when it comes to actually evaluating guys. I know several people that saw him at Pylon up in Dallas were impressed with his frame and hands but if he struggles to separate ...Ā Ā 

WR is a DEEEEEEEEEEEEEP class for 2022.Ā 

Land Winfield, Stewart, and Thompson, and save a spot for Burton/otherĀ 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Eh, he's liked us for a long time and we hired a coach with a track record of optimizing WRs. Might have a normal bit of moral fuzziness, but this one's made sense since Sark was hired.

Hey wet blanket go chill and let us pretend that the new staff just popped the bag cherry. Thx.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

TFB on Stewart

Ā  Hide contents

Earlier this afternoon, elite 2022 wide receiver Evan Stewart (6ā€²)ā€ 175) out of Frisco, TX, posted on Twitter that his recruitment is doneā€¦

Stewart is perhaps the fastest WR in the country and with that kind of speed you can imagine he is an ā€˜All Gas No Brakesā€™ kind of guy šŸ˜‰

Ā 

Gotta think a video's coming down the pike if they're being that blatant.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, RGBIII said:

TFB on Stewart

Ā  Hide contents

Earlier this afternoon, elite 2022 wide receiver Evan Stewart (6ā€²)ā€ 175) out of Frisco, TX, posted on Twitter that his recruitment is doneā€¦

Stewart is perhaps the fastest WR in the country and with that kind of speed you can imagine he is an ā€˜All Gas No Brakesā€™ kind of guy šŸ˜‰

Ā 

Hell yeah baby!!! Let's get this train rolling!

Wonder if they are going to go full murder and run off some dudes in the WR room? I assume yes.Ā I know Sark said they have too many on the roster, but I also know the room is lacking a bit ...Ā 

I would think they'd take 5 in 2022 if it was the right 5.Ā 

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Stewart is perhaps the fastest WR in the country

He's one of the fastest for sure but Brenan Thompson does exist ...Ā 

• Hook 'Em 2

Nahlin

Spoiler

Re: Evan Stewart

The new-look staff has been aggressive. Stewart was genuinely excited about the Sarkisian hire. UT is really the only school that makes sense unless heā€™s a huge Bill Oā€™Brien fan, which makes no sense.

Iā€™m tempering expectations a bit because the timing is quicker than I thought it would be so Iā€™m trying to account for the unknown.

If it is Texas, I donā€™t believe heā€™s told the coaches (but I could be wrong).

They need a splash commit to help get this class off the ground. Itā€™s a tough climate to build recruiting momentum. This would be huge, and would also say a lot about Stewartā€™s belief in the staff.

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, golfclap said:

Wonder if they are going to go full murder and run off some dudes in the WR room? I assume yes.Ā I know Sark said they have too many on the roster, but I also know the room is lacking a bit ...Ā 

He's one of the fastest for sure but Brenan Thompson does exist ...Ā 

There's no need to purposefully run guys off right now since we're not really in danger of going over the 85

7 minutes ago, deech said:

If we get Stewart, hard not to believe the Herman criticism related to Coleman's ability to recruit may be valid.

We'll see. Herman may have been a weight but Sark's offense is clearly lifting the WR recruiting just as much if not more. Truth may be somewhere in the middle

A Mike Farrell post on OBs from 1/16 on Stewart

"There were some rumors of the WR committing to Texas because a commitment video leaked but I talked to him and he said heā€™s ā€œkind of close but not reallyā€ to committing to a school and then said he was going to take his time. He told me he hasnā€™t talked to Sark yet but he has his interest. Personally I think Texas leads here if he likes Sark and what heā€™s saying and a commit like this would have Ewers looking back at Texas some more. But for now itā€™s a holding pattern.
Ā 

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I think the WR numbers will take care of itself in the short term, you are going to see some portal action after this season if some of these guys don't finally break out:

WR(14)Ā :Ā Estell (2017), Moore (2018), Woodard (2018), Smith (2019), Washington (2019), Whittington (2019), Lewis (2019),Ā Money (2019),Ā Schooler (2020),Ā Omeire (2020), Dixon (2020), Harrison(2020), Alexis(2021), Cain (2021),Ā Lee (2021)

Estell will be out of eligibility, Schooler will be or is already gone, and I'll assume Kai Money won't continue to take a scholarship if it's needed.Ā Hopefully he stays but Smith has been eyeing the portal since the day he got to campus. Woodard, Washington, and Lewis are all going to be looking for significant playing timeĀ and they won't all get it, at least one of them will transfer if not more. Seems like there is conflicting reports whether Harrison ever makes it back to campus.Ā It would probably misguided but I can see Moore having a nice season next year declaring for the draft prematurely.Ā 

Lots of moving parts, but seems likely that we could enter the next offseason with somewhere between 7-9 scholarship wrs so I don't think it would be crazy to take 5, assuming they are the right 5 like you said.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 2

Bama mod on Stewart:

Spoiler

Checked in with some close to him. His dad was unaware of his tweet, so he hasn't spoken to his family about announcing a decision, although his dad did say they could be close. He has a very strong relationship with Wiggins, more so than the Texas WR coach. Although Jeff Banks now at Texas could certainly play a role. Makes me think it's Bama vs. Oregon right now, but again we'll see if he decides to hold off on announcing anything once he talks to his family more.

Ā 

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, canadianhorn21 said:

Roach saying a quick decision doesn't favour Texas when it comes to Stewart. I choose to not believe him

Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Bama mod on Stewart:

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Checked in with some close to him. His dad was unaware of his tweet, so he hasn't spoken to his family about announcing a decision, although his dad did say they could be close. He has a very strong relationship with Wiggins, more so than the Texas WR coach. Although Jeff Banks now at Texas could certainly play a role. Makes me think it's Bama vs. Oregon right now, but again we'll see if he decides to hold off on announcing anything once he talks to his family more.

Ā 

Ā 

Interesting. TFB's being very hinthint about it on our side, and I like them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Lonestar88 said:

Farrell just forecasted Stewart to Texas, so Rivals is on the same page as TFB.Ā 247 is the outlier here.

I think the posters are right about it being weird if it's not Texas. The abruptness and timing feels like something that would benefit Sark more than Oregon or Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting