Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Ears to the street

Spoiler

I’ve been handling some personal appointments today so I’m still checking around on Evan Stewart but i wanted to clarify a few posts I’ve made.

1- When I said the timing doesn’t seem to favor Texas, it was for a couple of reasons. For one, Evan and I know each other well and I’m pretty tight with several folks around him. As of last week, his top schools were Alabama, Oregon and Texas in some order, but Bama was thought of as the favorite. The only way it’s Texas is if something major changed over the weekend which is what I’m checking on.

2- Evan told a member of our network over the weekend during a 7v7 tournament that he was still rebuilding his relationship with Texas. His initial contact was with Jay Valai and he didn’t know Andre Coleman very well. Additionally, I do know he thinks very highly of Bama’s Holmon Wiggins. He also thinks highly of their development. Again, something may have changed but this was the picture as of late last week.

3- Evan has gone underground since tweeting. He’s not even talking to those closest to him at this point. I’ll continue to dig, but like I said, unless something changed quickly I don’t feel the timing favors Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Ears to the street

Hide contents

I’ve been handling some personal appointments today so I’m still checking around on Evan Stewart but i wanted to clarify a few posts I’ve made.

1- When I said the timing doesn’t seem to favor Texas, it was for a couple of reasons. For one, Evan and I know each other well and I’m pretty tight with several folks around him. As of last week, his top schools were Alabama, Oregon and Texas in some order, but Bama was thought of as the favorite. The only way it’s Texas is if something major changed over the weekend which is what I’m checking on.

2- Evan told a member of our network over the weekend during a 7v7 tournament that he was still rebuilding his relationship with Texas. His initial contact was with Jay Valai and he didn’t know Andre Coleman very well. Additionally, I do know he thinks very highly of Bama’s Holmon Wiggins. He also thinks highly of their development. Again, something may have changed but this was the picture as of late last week.

3- Evan has gone underground since tweeting. He’s not even talking to those closest to him at this point. I’ll continue to dig, but like I said, unless something changed quickly I don’t feel the timing favors Texas.

"I don't know shit"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

Ears to the street

Reveal hidden contents

So he only knows that his top schools were "Alabama, Oregon, and Texas in some order" and assumed we were behind? That's pretty bold/dumb.

Probably taking a contrarian stance on the off chance he's right and will just claim that he was running interference for Stewart if he's wrong.

Edited by Bevo14

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Ears to the street

Hide contents

This is such a Mike Roach update. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

Ears to the street

Hide contents

Also he is getting a bit pissy over there. Someone Mentioned the Farrell pick and his response was that he actually met the kid in person before hahaha

Edited by canadianhorn21
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So to recap:

Rivals: Forecasting UT and Farell said a couple weeks ago a UT committment video may have leaked

TFB: Strongly hinting UT

IT: Saying UT makes most sense and previously said we led but surprised by timing

247: Saying doesn't seem good for UT 

Is that right?

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Roach's ears found a new street:

Hide contents

Just got a text that indicates something may have indeed changed. I’ve got to have way more before I feel good enough to put a pick in but I’ve discovered the first signs of life to that theory.

Lol!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

Just got a text that indicates something may have indeed changed. I’ve got to have way more before I feel good enough to put a pick in but I’ve discovered the first signs of life to that theory.

unsure james franco GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

New shit has come to light dot gif

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting