Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Roach: 

— There seems to be some effort to try to slow Texas momentum before the staff can really get started. There’s already been a bit of negative recruiting that slowed down the momentum Texas was generating with four-star 2022 wide receiver Evan Stewart. The staff is aware of what happened and is addressing it, but between that and local schools pushing hard for commitments right now, it’s clear that other schools want to stymie any momentum that usually comes to a new staff in its first year.

— Texas commit Armani Winfield spent some time with Premium 7v7 in California this weekend. The powerhouse west coast program has been home to some of the best prospects out west, and Winfield will be traveling to play with them at tournaments this spring. Premium is also home to five-star quarterback Maalik Murphy. As our own Greg Biggins reported last week, Texas is showing great interest in Murphy and recently re-offered. Winfield has been talking with Murphy since committing to Texas, and the two joined forces to play together to see if they could build some chemistry. I’m told that Winfield played well and the two got along very well. Winfield told me that Murphy was one of the best throwers he’s ever been around, so it sounds like the connection went well initially, and it probably helps that Winfield has been in communication with Murphy since he originally committed. Texas is coming on quickly in the race for Murphy from what I’m told. UCLA has been perceived as the leader for a while as a childhood favorite and the place his mother works and Oregon is also in the picture, but Murphy always had interest in Texas. While no current timeline exists, I’m told that Murphy could shut it down earlier than most believe. It seems that Sarkisian has been able to make Murphy feel like a priority very quickly, and a spring commitment could be the first huge domino for this staff if they can win him over.

— I saw five-star Arlington Bowie offensive lineman Devon Campbell in a workout this morning. He doesn’t seem to be in any sort of rush right now, but Texas remains in strong standing. Campbell said that Kyle Flood has been making him feel like a priority and Steve Sarkisian has been pitching in on the recruitment as well. Texas always held a special place in his heart and I believe they will be there until the very end. Oklahoma and Florida State are two other schools he mentioned, and Texas A&M is starting to generate some momentum despite being left out of Campbell’s Top 16. The Aggies could be a dark horse in the recruitment, but it will be tough to overcome the early lead Texas seems to have built.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m always surprised when I see someone quoting him. I’ve had him on ignore for years and forgot he existed. Just a word vomit of insipid takes day in and day out. 

I highly doubt you forgot about me after spending an entire year spewing my name in every schizophrenic novel you post as a response. 

Not to mention unless you're as dense as you seem, I've been quoted plenty of times. I guess reading is hard, or maybe you've sucked off Sydney to the point it's causing you brain damage?

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m always surprised when I see someone quoting him. I’ve had him on ignore for years and forgot he existed. Just a word vomit of insipid takes day in and day out. 

14 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I highly doubt you forgot about me after spending an entire year spewing my name in every schizophrenic novel you post as a response. 

Not to mention unless you're as dense as you seem, I've been quoted plenty of times. I guess reading is hard, or maybe you've sucked off Sydney to the point it's causing you brain damage?

Bill Hader Reaction GIF

Go on

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I really hope we make it to/win the conference so we can start pulling the negative shit on aggy and others.

I can't imagine Sark going full Herm and forgetting how to score on lesser teams. Ou is our real only threat when it comes to talent. I'm sure we'll have close games, but it's not like Sark hasn't seen explosive offenses the last few seasons. The running game will carry this team in year one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I can't imagine Sark going full Herm and forgetting how to score on lesser teams. Ou is our real only threat when it comes to talent. I'm sure we'll have close games, but it's not like Sark hasn't seen explosive offenses the last few seasons. The running game will carry this team in year one. 

I can't imagine Sark is dumb enough to come in on literally day one and start preaching "all gas no brakes" only for us to play conservative for full second halves

29 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

I can't imagine Sark is dumb enough to come in on literally day one and start preaching "all gas no brakes" only for us to play conservative for full second halves

Please stop quoting the spider. It's frustrating enough wading through everybody's hot take on the fucking ivy league, but having to see his dipshittery regurgitated makes me want to jam a shrimp fork into my eyeball. Put him in ignore like everybody else. It will make your surly life so much better. 

Just now, Dijon Robinson said:

Per Perroni (via IT), Bear Alexander is indeed committing on Wednesday

aggy's Rivals guys are generally pretty useless, but we're pretty early in the game with a new staff for it to be us unless we're making some real move$. 

So... if he commits to us it'll be a pleasant surprise, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

6 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Please stop quoting the spider. It's frustrating enough wading through everybody's hot take on the fucking ivy league, but having to see his dipshittery regurgitated makes me want to jam a shrimp fork into my eyeball. Put him in ignore like everybody else. It will make your surly life so much better. 

You know this site has the functionality to ignore mentions of a given user just as you can ignore the given user's posts themselves, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

aggy's Rivals guys are generally pretty useless, but we're pretty early in the game with a new staff for it to be us unless we're making some real move$. 

So... if he commits to us it'll be a pleasant surprise, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

If it is A&M, Elko will tell Witfong tonight. So we will know soon.

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It doesn’t seem like it would be us this early. Maybe this staff fucks even more than we think. 

I know we have heard this before, but he grew up a Horn fan. So it wouldn't be as much of a stretch. He has visited Austin more than others, he just keeps taking pictures with different coordinators.

18 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Don’t have screenshots or the exact post but supposedly Howell said he doesn’t think it’s A&M and then Liucci made some comment about Bo Davis being a dirty recruiter. 

That would straight up be the most excited I could get about this staff. If Bo Davis just went and dropped a thiccccc bag off to get Bear...watch the fuck out!

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, canadianhorn21 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think A&M was caught a bit offguard that he is announcing already. I’m not sure there is a ton of optimism, but I don’t believe they have been told either way

I hope Bo Davis dropped a bag as heavy as Bear on Mrs. Alexander’s front door. 

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Ask Dylan Wright or Demas. Ironic since Jimbo just seems like he collects good receivers to put them in a case for viewing.

It occurred to me that Perroni could also be referring to negative recruiting. I imagine Texas coaches could have pointed out that A&M has signed some blue chip receivers in the last few years only to do absolutely jack shit with them. 

11 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

It occurred to me that Perroni could also be referring to negative recruiting. I imagine Texas coaches could have pointed out that A&M has signed some blue chip receivers in the last few years only to do absolutely jack shit with them. 

Not quite sure how useful that sell would be with Bear.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Demas getting snaps in 4 games and 0 catches/targets should be reason #1 if you are a WR that you slow your roll if you are considering A&M. that is before talking about how many passes went to RB/TE in their offense (61% last year?)

if you are a true top tier WR and consider going to A&M because you think they are going to maximize your potential...yikes.

• Hook 'Em 2

Regarding Bear, there's nothing at all on Bama sites about his announcement, and not much on Ohio State 247 other than to say the timing has caught everyone off guard. He still hasn't visited Ohio State, fwiw, although I'm not sure that matters as much as it did pre-Covid. 

Seems like the schools who he isn't picking haven't been told yet, and it's unclear if the school he's picked has been told. 

It'll be interesting to see if Loochi's "not Big XII" comment holds in the coming days, as Texas and OU were two of his top teams; his unofficial top five were probably Texas, A&M, OU, Ohio State, and Bama

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

Regarding Bear, there's nothing at all on Bama sites about his announcement, and not much on Ohio State 247 other than to say the timing has caught everyone off guard. He still hasn't visited Ohio State, fwiw, although I'm not sure that matters as much as it did pre-Covid. 

Seems like the schools who he isn't picking haven't been told yet, and it's unclear if the school he's picked has been told. 

It'll be interesting to see if Loochi's "not Big XII" comment holds in the coming days, as Texas and OU were two of his top teams; his unofficial top five were probably Texas, A&M, OU, Ohio State, and Bama

Follow up on Ohio State; one of their main mods doesn't think it'll be them 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting