Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

I had a backpack on a flight from Seattle to Hawaii with about 65k in it.  A forgotten bottle of mousse triggered the metal detector.  TSA pulls out the mousse and said you can't bhave that.  As for the cash he just said you don't trust banks either?

Was a great humble brag until you mentioned your mousse. 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No gas, slam the brakes. Looks like it is supposed to be Alexander to Georgia. Just blatant purchasing of a player on this one. Maybe they’ll be able to win their division in their conference if they can keep this up. 

people are really bad at even trying to hide this stuff. it's absolutely unfortunate.

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No gas, slam the brakes. Looks like it is supposed to be Alexander to Georgia. Just blatant purchasing of a player on this one. Maybe they’ll be able to win their division in their conference if they can keep this up. 

It will be interesting if the NCAA finishes what it started and most of the SEC goes on probation. Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Florida, A&M... Is the NCAA looking at Auburn too? I haven't heard about any investigations into Alabama and they started it all. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We Landed On The Moon GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

It will be interesting if the NCAA finishes what it started and most of the SEC goes on probation. Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Florida, A&M... Is the NCAA looking at Auburn too? I haven't heard about any investigations into Alabama and they started it all. 

I have a friend connected with a bagman for a SCE school. He relayed that Georgia and A&M are the two schools out-paying everyone right now (at least as of this past season). Not that this should surprise anyone, but interesting nonetheless to hear this verified. So, if dominoes do start to fall, I would guess those two would be the first two get knocked down.

IT on Robertson and Llewellyn

Spoiler

By Gerry Hamilton and Justin Wells

IT Recruiting Matters: Robertson, Llewellyn talk Texas offers

The Texas staff continues to make evaluations in the 2022 class, and that means more offers will be going out. On Monday, the Longhorns offered a pair of prospects on the offensive side of the ball.

Westlake OL Connor Robertson on Texas offer:
IT first reported last week that Texas QB coach A.J. Milwee had been in contact with the 6-4, 295-pounder with 10-inch hands.

The Longhorns took their recruitment of the move-in from Connecticut with University of Texas ties to another level on Monday when Steve Sarkisian extended an offer.

“Coach Sarkisian just told me his plans for Texas, and how excited he was about where the program will go. He’s excited about the future,” Robertson said.

Robertson had also heard from Texas OC/OL coach Kyle Flood leading up to the offer, but did mention being an interior prospect for Texas

“Coach Flood had been more introductory, and what they have planned. He talked to me about being an interior player for them. He said he liked my physicality and footwork.”

Along with Monday offers from Texas and Tulane, the Austin Westlake right tackle was offered by Mississippi State.

The next round of offers could come from Baylor, Texas Tech, Colorado, and possibly USC.

Robertson’s father attended Texas at the same time as Todd Dodge. His mom attended Duke, and he has sisters attending Wake Forest. Robertson also said he had an uncle that played basketball at SMU.

Aledo TE Jason Llewellyn talks Texas offer:
UT is being particular in its search for a tight end take in 2022.

At 6-foot-5, 242 pounds, the junior tight end picked up an UT offer last night from Jeff Banks. They joined Michigan, Minnesota, SMU, and Indiana as programs that have reached out recently with verbal invitations as his popularity continues to rise.

“The schools that have been recruiting me the most are Arkansas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Indiana, and TCU,” said Llewellyn.

After back-to-back state championships at Aledo, the unranked prospect is the versatile type most programs covet.

“I think I will be bringing a player that can do it all from in-line blocking, to playing in the backfield, split out wide with miss-matches and even a wildcat guy,” Llewellyn said. “I’m really looking to improve my route running and speed as well as just getting stronger and overall better.

Texas jumping into the mix was a pleasant surprise.

“It means a lot that the new staff noticed me and loved my film and has given me the opportunity to play football there,” said Llewellyn. “Texas is a huge school and about to break through and be great.“

UT continues its relationship-building portion of the 2022 class and Llewellyn is a nice start.

Llewellyn’s father is an Eastern Hills graduate that signed to play baseball at Texas coming out of high school. He opted for the MLB draft instead of attending Texas. After a minor league baseball career, he walked on to the football team at TCU, where he played linebacker.

Both of Llewellyn’s parents are TCU graduates, and he grew up going to TCU football games. His uncle, Steve Llewellyn, played at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 7

23 minutes ago, Danimal said:

I have a friend connected with a bagman for a SCE school. He relayed that Georgia and A&M are the two schools out-paying everyone right now (at least as of this past season). Not that this should surprise anyone, but interesting nonetheless to hear this verified. So, if dominoes do start to fall, I would guess those two would be the first two get knocked down.

We Are Laughing GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Maybe I'm missing something but I thought the only reason Tennessee was in trouble was because the school hurt itself by voluntarily airing out all the dirty laundry to try and get out of paying Pruitt's buyout. Not because of any investigative sleuthing the NCAA was doing.

By that token, Georgia will never see the same punishment unless Kirby reaches similar levels of ineptitude and the powers that be at jawja want him out ASAP. Tennessee's squealing on itself, not on other schools.

Edited by satyanash
  • Rage+1 1

Mike Roach: Longhorns making four-star safety Bryan Allen a priority in 2022

Bryan Allen committed to LSU almost a year ago, but the four-star 2022 Aledo safety is now back on the market. The Tigers grabbed Allen when they were at their hottest coming off of a national championship run, but a down season on the field caused the Tigers to take some losses in recruiting. For Allen, he just wants to make sure he’s evaluating all of his options thoroughly. “I just wanted to go through all of my options,” Allen said.

Texas wasted no time trying to get back in the game with Allen following his decommitment. Terry Joseph and Blake Gideon both reached out and made sure he knew he was a priority for the Texas staff. “They’ve been talking to me a lot,” he said. “Coach Gideon and coach Joseph have both been in contact.” Allen said the message came across clearly. He’s been enjoying the relationship he’s building with those recruiting him and he’s excited to be a priority for this staff. “It’s cool,” he said. “I know it’s a new staff but to know that I’m first priority is great. It means a lot.”

The list coming after Allen now is long and distinguished. As he looks to make a second decision, he will have a ton of options to choose from. “OU, Auburn, Florida State, Jackson State, Kentucky, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Alabama and A&M,” Allen said. Allen doesn’t have many specifics that he’s looking for in a program. His decision will ultimately come down to fit. “I just want to find the right fit for me,” he said. At 6-feet, 180 pounds, Allen is ranked as the No. 5 safety in the nation and No. 13 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

• Hook 'Em 2

(Eric Nahlin) Details on Devon Campbell’s recruitment

Spoiler

The new Texas staff will need to show the ability to close out on the players it has a very good chance for — that includes national recruits like WR Evan Stewart, CB Denver Harris, RB Jaydon Blue, and also, Arlington Bowie OL Devon Campbell.

In every cycle there are prospects you have to sign because you should sign them, these four, and a few others, are going to be bellwethers for Steve Sarkisian’s inaugural staff.

A good hire was always going to have a chance to land Campbell because of how he already viewed Texas. The hire being hAlfabama only helps further.

IT just got off the phone with Campbell’s uncle, also named Devon, who is a coach at Arlington Bowie. He underscored his nephew’s excitement over the hire, “They re-offered him as soon as they got the staff together. Coach Flood called me up. My nephew was definitely excited. When he found out Sark went over there and Banks he texted me, ‘Unc, you see who Texas hired? The Alabama guys are at UT now.‘ I had already talked to the coaches but he was excited.”

That excitement isn’t very surprising as Alabama had been recruiting Campbell almost as hard as Texas. It seems like a perfect match, but Campbell is in no hurry to make a decision. As of now the plan is to wait all the way until the end of the cycle.

”They just want to keep their options open and gather as much info as possible. Take all visits to make a complete and thorough decision. The way we were raised we’re not going to enter the portal after a year just because it’s hard or we’re not starting. You have to ensure you make the right decision. You have to talk to current players to see how things really are.”

Other schools recruiting Campbell hard include TCU, A&M, and LSU. A school mentioned as one Campbell would like to hear from is Ohio State.

When IT ventured to Bowie in August, it was clear Uncle Devon was quite dedicated to staying in shape. Does his nephew have that same drive?

“One thing I like about Devon, he doesn’t shy way from hard work. He’s a multiple sport athlete. When he gets out of basketball he does shot and discus plus spring ball. Then it’s summer workouts, and camps, and learning the ins and outs of his craft.”

While this recruitment is going to take a longer time to play out than fans would like, there’s a strong chance it will be worth the wait.

• Hook 'Em 6

19 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Maybe I'm missing something but I thought the only reason Tennessee was in trouble was because the school hurt itself by voluntarily airing out all the dirty laundry to try and get out of paying Pruitt's buyout. Not because of any investigative sleuthing the NCAA was doing.

By that token, Georgia will never see the same punishment unless Kirby reaches similar levels of ineptitude and the powers that be at jawja want him out ASAP. Tennessee's squealing on itself, not on other schools.

Their investigation centered around a kid receiving improper benefits who eventually signed with Georgia. Georgia outbid them apparently and in a fairly sloppy way from what I understand. It won't be hard to link those two together if the NCAA has any interest in doing so. If they don't, then we need to just start posting annual salaries with our scholarship offers. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

The new Texas staff will need to show the ability to close out on the players it has a very good chance for — that includes national recruits like WR Evan Stewart, CB Denver Harris, RB Jaydon Blue, and also, Arlington Bowie OL Devon Campbell.

In every cycle there are prospects you have to sign because you should sign them, these four, and a few others, are going to be bellwethers for Steve Sarkisian’s inaugural staff.

A good hire was always going to have a chance to land Campbell because of how he already viewed Texas. The hire being hAlfabama only helps further.

IT just got off the phone with Campbell’s uncle, also named Devon, who is a coach at Arlington Bowie. He underscored his nephew’s excitement over the hire, “They re-offered him as soon as they got the staff together. Coach Flood called me up. My nephew was definitely excited. When he found out Sark went over there and Banks he texted me, ‘Unc, you see who Texas hired? The Alabama guys are at UT now.‘ I had already talked to the coaches but he was excited.”

That excitement isn’t very surprising as Alabama had been recruiting Campbell almost as hard as Texas. It seems like a perfect match, but Campbell is in no hurry to make a decision. As of now the plan is to wait all the way until the end of the cycle.

”They just want to keep their options open and gather as much info as possible. Take all visits to make a complete and thorough decision. The way we were raised we’re not going to enter the portal after a year just because it’s hard or we’re not starting. You have to ensure you make the right decision. You have to talk to current players to see how things really are.”

Other schools recruiting Campbell hard include TCU, A&M, and LSU. A school mentioned as one Campbell would like to hear from is Ohio State.

When IT ventured to Bowie in August, it was clear Uncle Devon was quite dedicated to staying in shape. Does his nephew have that same drive?

“One thing I like about Devon, he doesn’t shy way from hard work. He’s a multiple sport athlete. When he gets out of basketball he does shot and discus plus spring ball. Then it’s summer workouts, and camps, and learning the ins and outs of his craft.”

While this recruitment is going to take a longer time to play out than fans would like, there’s a strong chance it will be worth the wait.

Really wish he would commit quickly. Hes an absolute beast 

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

"hAlfabama" = tryhard, as always. Mark Twain rolls over in his grave and has his eternal soul buttfucked by the ghost of Louis L'amour everytime Eric Nahlin attempts to turn a phrase. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, victory88 said:

why is it so hard for Texas to set up a bag man game?  i can't take another cycle of getting our asses kicked in recruiting.  clearly no one is going to get in trouble.  fucking ole miss is back to it's old ways.  

There's an actual infrastructure you have to build so you don't get SMU'd where the coach has rock-solid deniability. 

Meanwhile, our older donors think asking for more than a crisp $100 handshake and a UT degree is rather uppity behavior.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

There's an actual infrastructure you have to build so you don't get SMU'd where the coach has rock-solid deniability. 

Meanwhile, our older donors think asking for more than a crisp $100 handshake and a UT degree is rather uppity behavior.

And our young donors think $1 Happy Meals are too expensive?

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

why is it so hard for Texas to set up a bag man game?  i can't take another cycle of getting our asses kicked in recruiting.  clearly no one is going to get in trouble.  fucking ole miss is back to it's old ways.  

Not sure what's going on with it, but it's something that would take time. You can't be too sloppy and obvious. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, victory88 said:

You can either run shit through a church and end up like Dabo or hand out a McDonalds bag full of cash and end up like Pruitt...I will be patient

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Evidently what I experienced as “I was a Texas fan growing up” when I was a kid was some sort of anomaly that no longer exists. 

But you aren't trying to take care of your momma. Bear's looking out for his momma, "and all that that implies."

BTW, Pam from Urban Cowboy was fucking hot as balls.

Pam.jpg

6 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

BBQ joints.

"Yah I'll take a pound of brisket, two spares and a link of your... "special" sausage..."

We have an interview with Grant Pinkerton on the podcast tomorrow. Ill ask if he wants to be our bag man, or maybe butcher paper man

Also listen to the podcast

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/season-2-episode-4/id1434954298?i=1000507040802

• Hook 'Em 7

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting