Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

15 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

CTJ - You get WAY too mad about internet shit. You should probably just relax. Your targeting of people and directing unreasonable anger at them and then lambasting anyone who disagrees, is weird and kinda sad. Aren’t you a grown man..?

Mad? That’s your projection. Tell us more about how we should feel and behave though. 

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Forget boring virtual tours and zoom slide shows

They need to make some hype live stream events

Make a private Facebook group. Invite the prospects. Do a tour or whatever shit quickly but then have some current players out on the lake with GoPros and turn the stream over to them. Still want to follow distancing so maybe a cliff diving competition or water sports instead of a boat party. Organize a game/contest that the croots can do from home with coaches and players. Maybe a dunk contest or something. Do a private inside the nba style show with some scheme info or whatever but also top 10 and shaqtin a fool segments featuring spring practice clips. Point is to mix normal recruiting stuff with something new. One minute PK is pitching Kamari Wilson on all the safeties he's put in the league and breaking down film, the next DMO is roasting the shit out of a DL for not wearing enough arm bands and getting pancaked. We now have some talented guys committed and a decent product to sell. Be different and fun

Announce a big recruiting weekend in the summer once in-person restrictions ease up. Do fun streams every couple weeks to build excitement for the big weekend. Like a preview. Plan it for July and jokingly get guys to "commit"--not to signing but to coming that weekend. The croots come, have a good time, then you can do campus visits and more standard stuff on the next visit because they'll want to return. Make the front of the pitch about coming to have fun and celebrate being able to get together again. This cycle won't all be virtual so let's not get bogged down in zoom. They can be serious over the phone and facetime but I'd like to see us get creative with the virtual space and use it as a driver, not a destination

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Make a private Facebook group. Invite the prospects. Do a tour or whatever shit quickly but then have some current players out on the lake with GoPros and turn the stream over to them. Still want to follow distancing so maybe a cliff diving competition or water sports instead of a boat party. Organize a game/contest that the croots can do from home with coaches and players. Maybe a dunk contest or something. Do a private inside the nba style show with some scheme info or whatever but also top 10 and shaqtin a fool segments featuring spring practice clips. Point is to mix normal recruiting stuff with something new. One minute PK is pitching Kamari Wilson on all the safeties he's put in the league and breaking down film, the next DMO is roasting the shit out of a DL for not wearing enough arm bands and getting pancaked. We now have some talented guys committed and a decent product to sell. Be different and fun

Announce a big recruiting weekend in the summer once in-person restrictions ease up. Do fun streams every couple weeks to build excitement for the big weekend. Like a preview. Plan it for July and jokingly get guys to "commit"--not to signing but to coming that weekend. The croots come, have a good time, then you can do campus visits and more standard stuff on the next visit because they'll want to return. Make the front of the pitch about coming to have fun and celebrate being able to get together again. This cycle won't all be virtual so let's not get bogged down in zoom. They can be serious over the phone and facetime but I'd like to see us get creative with the virtual space and use it as a driver, not a destination

hired money GIF by Originals

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

This sounds terribly boring. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

image.gif.87b01563ffee9f88084ecb4da802fda6.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Earl of Texas said:

The CDC hate coming from the cult of CTJ/Syd makes the whole thing make way more sense.

I've been very open minded about CDC, and I'm only using my own common sense, but how can the Stoops stuff be defended?  If the details out there are accurate (I have no way of knowing this personally to be honest) then I really feel like he is completely out of touch with certain things with this university and program.  

4 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Kamari has been tweeting a lot of Texas shit. Could just be to pump his socials though. 

That's what I'm betting on. At least, it's what I'm assuming to hedge my emotions. Seems like there are several 5 stars each class that never have any intention of coming here but hype us up regardless. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Yea and then at the end Banks can get on the guitar, they can all sing "free falling", and Sark can ask them to stand in front of the other recruits and publicly accept Jesus Christ into their hearts. 

Heh I don't mean to make it sound like church camp. But our virtual visits were not as good as our competitors last cycle. I wasn't on this board for most of last year so I don't know what kind of discussion was had but it's going to kill us this spring if the new staff doesn't make changes.

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Heh I don't mean to make it sound like church camp. But our virtual visits were not as good as our competitors last cycle. I wasn't on this board for most of last year so I don't know what kind of discussion was had but it's going to kill us this spring if the new staff doesn't make changes.

Come on down [director of player personnel that isn't Drew Hughes] and [director of recruiting that isn't Brian Carrington]

45 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Make a private Facebook group. Invite the prospects. Do a tour or whatever shit quickly but then have some current players out on the lake with GoPros and turn the stream over to them. Still want to follow distancing so maybe a cliff diving competition or water sports instead of a boat party.

This is the whitest paragraph I’ve ever read.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Who is this Harris you speak of? Time for me to flush 2021 and get more acclimated with the 22s

Denver Harris, CB from North Shore.  He appeared to injure his lower leg against Westlake, but the few games that I saw prior to that he looked amazing.  A true island corner.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Can we just say fuck all that and instead hit the scrip club and pay for some prosti's?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting