Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

15 minutes ago, ASDFASDF said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9200755/5d8ae45aff0cdb0fbc8864dd

Hyphen fucking wrecks his teammate at the one minute mark. Could be a locker room problem if he continues to assault his own players, something to keep an eye on. 

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11725090/Trevell-Johnson

Trevell's teammate at 2:20 may or may not have any remaining ligaments in left knee

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Without going into a bunch of details yet, yes, there are connections and there is going to be a pretty fucking big one soon with UT as well. 

1 hour ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Offensive analyst Peyton Manning????

54 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Peyton Manning as an analyst confirmed

Drew Brees should have jumped on when he had the chance!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I find all of the angst about Murphy to be laughable. After Ewers, he's the guy I've been cheering for Texas to land for 3 weeks. Texas has a healthy QB room right now and that isn't going to change. Wright is a high-floor guy who signed knowing that one of Thompson or Card would be there the entire time. Lourd matches the same. I'm sure one of Card or Thompson will transfer after the spring, and I get that, and I still think the QB room heading into this signing class will be healthy. 

So with that, take the fucking guy that has an elite asset in his repertoire. Always give me the guy with elite assets in some extreme manner versus the guy that's pretty well-rounded and generally above average. In Murphy's case, he has 3 elite fucking assets: 1) an NFL whip - this isn't arguable and is probably the best in the country in this class and a top 3-5 arm going backward in classes by 5 years; 2) size - he may be a big target, but give me the guy that can take a hit, stand tall and still make the throw; 3) he represents the surest path to a legitimate, sustainable pipeline to CA, which is a fucking fantasy this board and its predecessors has had for 2 decades. 

Compare that to Ewers and Ewers wins out. Compare that to Klubnik and Murphy wins. I don't give one fuck if it is going to hurt Todd Dodge's feelings, the aggie clan named Klubnik, or the Westlake honks that hover over the outskirts of UT fandom like fucking gargoyles. Klubnik is a long strider with mechanical issues of his own. Let him go be whiteboy awesome somewhere else and I'll take my chances. 

I have zero concern about taking Murphy, CJ Williams, and Hyphen from CA. Shit, are people fucking insane? Yes take those guys if you can get them. Williams is a big possession WR? Fucking great. He's a high character, charismatic guy as well. Get Thompson and Stewart to take the top off of defenses and he's fine as a possession take. Got plenty of DBs in Texas this go-round? Great. Sign 4 of them and take Hyphen. Suddenly we're real again in CA. Maybe we can find a couple of OLBs/DEs/ILBs to follow along from out there as well. Texas HS coaches might generally get mad? Fuck those room temp IQ assholes. They haven't done a fucking thing for Texas football on their own, ever.  If Texas wins, getting who we want in the state will not be a function of HS coaching support, but it will certainly happen. 

Give me all of that shit, plus the ability to mock Nahlin, Fatfuck Ketchum, and handwringers on this site along with it. Fucking A right.

I said this a week ago, but you got flair.

3 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

The Mad Bomber? I remember when he and the Raiders played the Oilers. It seems that the first team to 50 won.

The Raiders played the Oilers 8 times with Lamonica on the roster. The Raiders won every game and the most points scored by the Oilers in any of the contests was 21. The Oilers averaged 10 points per game in the matchups. The Raiders scored over 50 one time in a 56-7 win.

Today's wet blanket on your nostalgia brought to you by Huckleberry.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

The Raiders played the Oilers 8 times with Lamonica on the roster. The Raiders won every game and the most points scored by the Oilers in any of the contests was 21. The Oilers averaged 10 points per game in the matchups. The Raiders scored over 50 one time in a 56-7 win.

Today's wet blanket on your nostalgia brought to you by Huckleberry.

12.5% of the time, he's right every time

38 minutes ago, NoName said:

I am taking this to mean Texas is hiring Peyton and Cooper Manning as the new Directors of Player Personnel until proven otherwise.

You guys are going to real disappointed when you learn about Nationwide Insurance Campbell-Williams Field at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Floor - The worst a player could end up being

Ceiling - The best a player could end up being

Low Floor - This player has the potential to be completely shitty

High Floor - This player won't ever be terrible.

Low Ceiling - This player might not ever be NFL all-pro caliber

High Ceiling - Has the potential to be an NFL all-pro

Please arrange this on the piss chart so I can understand. 

2 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Nahlin: Anyone with firm convictions on Maalik’s ability is fooling themselves. Now here is a million words on his ability. 

I think part of that grumpiness comes from their frustration about their lack of sources with this staff. They got lapped in the coaching search, now they wrote that class prediction article last week where they said the QB take would be Ewers or Klub and downplayed the Murphy possibility. A week later it looks like we are on the verge of taking Murphy's commitment and instead of coming to terms with getting scooped again looks like they want to frame it as a surprisingly questionable take. 

This isn't true whatsoever 

38 minutes ago, ASDFASDF said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9200755/5d8ae45aff0cdb0fbc8864dd

Hyphen fucking wrecks his teammate at the one minute mark. Could be a locker room problem if he continues to assault his own players, something to keep an eye on. 

Not to mention that on the second play he steals the ball from his teammate on the kickoff return like Kelly Leak snagging a fly ball out of Timmy Lupus's glove.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, maninblack said:

This isn't true whatsoever 

Maybe so, for all I know Nahlin and Wells have a WhatApp group with Sark and they trade funny memes all day. Doesn't change the fact that they have been out of the loop (even compared with other 9.95ers) or wrong about a good deal of their reporting since Herman was canned. 

I'm not specifically an IT hater, at points they have been by far the best for Texas coverage. They have been taking Ls for two months though and maybe that has made them a bit grumpy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

Murphy's lack of athleticism is being overblown for sure. He isn't exactly quick but he moves well enough and Murphy's fucking huge which will enable him to break tackles and buy time in the pocket to make big plays down field. Once he does get moving he looks fast, just takes him a bit to get to top speed. I also agree that he's a better fit for what Sark wants to run so I'm not surprised if he's being prioritized.

This. In Sarks offense we don’t need a guy who runs a 4.4. His offense thrived the past two years with Tua and Mac who are not the most athletic guys. If Murphy waits his turn and let’s sark develop him he is going to be great for us. 

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Lastly, Hudson Card had no game film with the exception of like 1 game when we took his commitment.  It was all based on how he performed in camps and from the people coaching him.  They obviously are not the same prospect but the people that work with him, have good things to say about Murphy.

Hudson Card's hands were unimpeachable

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Was anyone knocking him as a recruiter?

No, but he gets historically shit on, most recently as a scapegoat for Herman's ineptitude. The post-mortem reports reaffirmed the belief here and elsewhere that Tom wasn't an active recruiter, and everyone in the room but Wright are there because of Beck. Despite a deep loathing of Herman & Co., Beck's contribution to fixing the QB room is maybe the greatest recruiting achievement at Texas in the last 15 years, and I'll remember him for that.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Maybe so, for all I know Nahlin and Wells have a WhatApp group with Sark and they trade funny memes all day. Doesn't change the fact that they have been out of the loop (even compared with other 9.95ers) or wrong about a good deal of their reporting since Herman was canned. 

I'm not specifically an IT hater, at points they have been by far the best for Texas coverage. They have been taking Ls for two months though and maybe that has made them a bit grumpy.

Super K and TFB have been all over the Murphy recruitment and possible CA windfall of 2022s. Currently and in years past, I think they've had better CA connections than IT & other $9.95ers. They also broke the Kwiatkowski hiring. Grumpy is an understatement.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I've seen that one posted and it shows the cannon, but I like this one a lot more. It's a year later and there's noticeable improvement in his footwork. His ball placement isn't the best in the first but you can't really knock him on that when he hasn't played with the receivers much. Usually look at the tape to judge that... There's also a video of him at 7v7 in 2020 where has a couple really nice throws in tight windows (along with some overthrows but oh well)

I think it's an awesome take

My body is ready. 

1 minute ago, Ill said:

It seems like there's two potential connections that stand out, May Manning or David Morris.

May is the oldest of Cooper's three kids, and she graduates from high school this spring. Based off no real evidence, the pick could be UT. I didn't really dig too far into for obvious reasons. This could be a big connection, but it doesn't feel like a "pretty fucking big" connection.

David Morris was Eli's backup at Ole Miss for four years. He founded a quarterback training and development company called QB Country. Steve Sarkisian currently follows the QB Country twitter account (I couldn't find any personal twitter account for David Morris). The NY Times reported that "since he was in junior high school, Arch Manning has worked at times with a quarterback coach named David Morris" in the following article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/26/sports/football/arch-manning-high-school-recruitment.html . According to Morris's bio on the QB Country website ( https://qbcountry.com/mobile-al/ ), he trained Eli in his offseasons. So there's a good connection there with Arch and the Manning family, but in order to make it a "pretty fucking big one" maybe Morris will be offered a position at UT? 

Irrespective of whatever is coming, I'll challenge the premise that having your big sister, with whom you're very close, attending the same school as you "doesn't feel like a 'pretty fucking big' connection."

Good research, in any event.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Platitudes and cliches can irritate me as much as the next guy, but the ball just looks different coming out of Murphy’s hand. 

if this kid had half the personality and IQ 995ers say, than it’s hard not be be content if not downright excited by this development. His stats are a concern, but he has all the tools and seems like he’d generate plenty of excitement when he gets in front of Texas kids. I’d be shocked if he remains a 5 star because he hasn’t played, but we’ll see. He looks like he’ll end up at 6’5 or 6’6 250 in college. Fuck yeah. 

It does make a different sound when it hits the receivers’ hands. Like a pitcher that can really throw gas. 

8 minutes ago, Okcool said:

Super K and TFB have been all over the Murphy recruitment and possible CA windfall of 2022s. Currently and in years past, I think they've had better CA connections than IT & other $9.95ers. They also broke the Kwiatkowski hiring. Grumpy is an understatement.

They lead with the Sark stuff as well.  They’ve owned IT

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

They lead with the Sark stuff as well.  They’ve owned IT

To be fair, TFB has more California (and national) connections than IT historically and currently. Their goal is not to cover one school. Frankly, FootballScoop broke more coaching news than any of the Texas rags. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

ok34

So let's tease this out. Who at IT has worked with members of the staff before? Gideon and Davis feel obvious enough, albeit in a different capacity. Gerry has connections, certainly. But, to whom? Tom Loy broke the Murphy stuff. Don't you think that if Gerry was getting drips from the staff, IT would have broken it? It's all well-reasoned tea leaf reading over there right now. I like IT, and I value their perspective as a recruiting content consumer, they're just not showing any connections right now as they have in the past. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Irrespective of whatever is coming, I'll challenge the premise that having your big sister, with whom you're very close, attending the same school as you "doesn't feel like a 'pretty fucking big' connection."

Good research, in any event.

I feel like I'm playing devil's advocate way too much but fuck it. If they are close, awesome, I don't think that it would come out that they just have a decent relationship though or an average one. In the case she does go to UT, how much will she be able to advocate/recruit him though? I don't think he needs a sibling to tell him about how Austin is an awesome place, great campus, academics, etc. It's not a Luke Brockermeyer situation where he literally is seeing how the sausage is made and is able to pass that along, so unless she's having the most unbelievable experience and is extremely tight with Arch, I'm leery of that being a major factor. Maybe I'm projecting some sort of sibling relationship trauma, but I think there will be other connections more in our favor. I'd rather a girlfriend come along to UT, feels like that plays a much bigger factor based on recent experience.

3 hours ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

I refuse to believe Gerry proposed that title. Watching Nahlin catch second-hand embarassment from himself is truly a spectacle to behold considering the other forced jokes he's published. Watching Nahlin twist himselves into knots about accepting Ewers may not end up at Texas per his prediction is certainly a silver-lining to the non-ideal outcome.

I mean, whenever there isn't a penalty for being wrong, everything is secret and you can always make something up after the fact that nobody can prove isn't factual why not take your shot? 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting