Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I wonder how much LSU will play in Arch Manning's recruitment, being from LA and all?

You can bet the Mannings will make a very well educated decision and Texas should have a "leg up". Those Mannings have been seriously exploiting their NIL for decades. They are all about capitalizing on that shit. I'm guessing it will be a huge factor.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

You can bet the Mannings will make a very well educated decision and Texas should have a "leg up". Those Mannings have been seriously exploiting their NIL for decades. They are all about capitalizing on that shit. I'm guessing it will be a huge factor.

That plus they really like Sark as a coach. If the sister actually ends up on campus baby we got a stew goin. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

Because they have a large staff that is skilled and dedicated to jumping on these kinds of things and selling themselves. They'll never have the top end ability that UT, USC and ND do (and honestly Ohio State as well).

This is your weird latent Ohioality coming out.  Sans tOSU athletics success, what is the allure of Columbus as a hub for people seeking exciting, cutting edge passion and success?  I'm interested to learn.  I've been there, it reminded me of Sacramento, TBH.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

That's great to hear, and having Sark should hopefully push them towards a commitment. If we miss on Ewers, get Murphy, and Manning for 2023, we'll be fine. I trust Sark knows how big of a deal it would be to land the Manning kid, helicopter family or not. 

15 minutes ago, cafe society said:

This is your weird latent Ohioality coming out.  Sans tOSU athletics, what is the allure of Columbus as a hub for people seeking exciting, cutting edge passion and success?  I'm interested to learn.  I've been there, it reminded me of Sacramento, TBH.  

Maybe you shouldn't have asked that question...

1631218878_ScreenShot2021-01-26at5_30_20PM.thumb.png.13bcf70a4c4190f25243de564b76d502.png

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Let's say CJ Williams follows Murphy.  How many more WR's would we take?  Can't see Stewart, Thompson, and Coleman being told no.  And this doesn't even include Chris Marshall.

Take them all and put 90% of our current wr room on medical.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Let's say CJ Williams follows Murphy.  How many more WR's would we take?  Can't see Stewart, Thompson, and Coleman being told no.  And this doesn't even include Chris Marshall.

I don’t think you can go above five, unless there’s a 6th who’s an “athlete”

You're robbing important spots from OL/DL/edge/DB at that point 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This is sounding like Charlie’s 2017 linebacker class, hopefully ends up like Tom’s DB class

Edited by Beer Drinker

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

TFB posting his photo in what was commented by a poster previously to look like a commit video followed by Baizer (TFB) and Blue's (Anderson's cousin) recent comments. Anderson now has 3 relatives tied to the Horns (Locke, Beasley, and Blue) and is the type of commitment we should be winning. Just seems like that's the direction all of the info is pointing.

agencylife advertisement GIF by MX Player

• Hook 'Em 1

Ideally still 4, right? Stewart, Winfield, Williams, and headhunt more speed. Maybe Winfield looks around. As long as you end up with Stewart who could be a star and is physically close to ready, and Williams who could backup Omeire early (whatever his role will be), I think it’s a win. Filling out with any of the aforementioned would be terrific.
If we’re going to overallocate, I’d prefer the secondary. It will be a big group of upperclassmen next season, and idk that I’m really excited about relying on the incoming class logging a ton of starting snaps. Let’s stack secondary athletes and let guys lower on the depth chart take advantage of their opportunity at Alcorn St. OL could use an extra tackle or 5. Cannot sacrifice a rb or interior dl. Going to need 2 kinds of end. Yeah, WR is not the place to take an extra, imo.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting