Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Does the Math become more difficult if the suckathoner has braces, b.o., and a case of the fats and the ex looks like Kate Beckinsale? Help us understand. 

but agree, fuck the Brocks. 

Hey man, this isn’t the thread where people get to flesh out all of their traumatic experiences from high school. The rest of us are trying to discuss Texas Recruiting 2022 and we don’t need you stinkpalming every page of this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hey man, this isn’t the thread where people get to flesh out all of their traumatic experiences from high school. The rest of us are trying to discuss Texas Recruiting 2022 and we don’t need you stinkpalming every page of this thread. 

tenor.gif?itemid=20234503

Well good morning to you, Mr. Stinkpalming and Hook-Em!

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Sitting on the shitter and this thought crossed my mind. It is not 2022 related but it is recruiting related (kinda) so neg if you have to. Devin Duvernay signed his LOI with Baylor. Baylor never processed the paper. I'm sure Art spoke about him by name during their NSD conference. Wouldn't that be an infraction since Devin wasn't officially a part of the team. And I'm out. 

To make this 2022 related. I want the CA QB and all the other badasses that would want follow him. 

There was a theory when he transferred here and the paperwork info came out that Briles was planning some shenanigans with his brother's scholarship and someone in the Baylor football office got the paperwork mixed up.

Edited by kevwun

40 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Oh please. 

I wasn't getting laid for shit in HS. 

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Lol this after they just put out an article about Banks being a future head coach...someone has a new source.........

If Banks takes a HC after a season or two.. it better be because we are kicking ass again...  and not a Harsin jumping off the ship scenario.

7 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

If Banks takes a HC after a season or two.. it better be because we are kicking ass again...  and not a Harsin jumping off the ship scenario.

I don't understand the logic that gets you from 'Banks is an excellent ST coach and recruiter' to 'he should be a head coach soon'. Shouldn't he have to coordinate first? And if not, is he going to get the kind of job he wants? The ones where he has the opportunity to engage elite recruits seriously? Banks doesn't strike me as someone who would backfill Napier, but I could be wrong. 

41 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think scipio said 25 HS kids + 3 transfers? 

It's 28 total, whether that's HS kids or transfers. You could have 28 transfers and no HS kids, or 28 HS kid or no transfers. Or 18 total, and save 10 for the next class so you can have 35 in 2023. Or you could use up 1-3 of those extra spots for late additions or transfers and have fewer available for 2022. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I would take it as if it's the former rather than the latter in your scenario. All gas no brakes!

To be honest. I hope we do become a school that churns out future head coaches from the positional coach/coordinator positions. That means we are winning and hiring the right guys to replace those who leave to take head coach positions.

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I don't understand the logic that gets you from 'Banks is an excellent ST coach and recruiter' to 'he should be a head coach soon'. Shouldn't he have to coordinate first? And if not, is he going to get the kind of job he wants? The ones where he has the opportunity to engage elite recruits seriously? Banks doesn't strike me as someone who would backfill Napier, but I could be wrong. 

Charles Huff was RB coach but is now the head coach for Marshall.

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Plenty of head coaches never called plays. If a team is hiring him, it's because they think he can level up their talent level 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Charles Huff was RB coach but is now the head coach for Marshall.

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Plenty of head coaches never called plays. If a team is hiring him, it's because they think he can level up their talent level 

Sure. I would be surprised is Banks took an opportunity at a CUSA school, or similar. And, I would be surprised if a P5 school chose to snag a guy who hasn't coordinated. That's all. There are certainly other ways he can add value, and he does have AHC experience in a few stops, but it would be odd to me. *shrug*

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Sure. I would be surprised is Banks took an opportunity at a CUSA school, or similar. And, I would be surprised if a P5 school chose to snag a guy who hasn't coordinated. That's all. There are certainly other ways he can add value, and he does have AHC experience in a few stops, but it would be odd to me. *shrug*

Lower tier p5 schools and g5 schools are generally the spots non coordinators get jobs at.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Are we in "predict which assistants are getting promoted before they've coached a down at Texas" mode again?

I'll go with Todd Orlando. He runs the same system as Aranda. He has worked with some talented defensive coaches. And he had pretty stellar defenses at Utah St. and Houston.

IT Recruiting Matters: Blue recruiting OL’s, Golden on the radar, TCU vs. Texas

Spoiler

When Jaydon Blue committed to Texas, he instantly became the best recruiter for the class of 2022. IT made a visit to Klein Cain earlier in the week to watch track practice, and the 5-foot-11, 200-pound back with excellent hands didn’t hide which position his recruiting efforts are targeted toward.

“I’ve been talking to Kam (Dewberry) and Kelvin Banks a lot. They have been talking to me about committing to UT. I need linemen, because that will help me be successful. I’m also going to try and recruit a couple of receivers,”

The relationships with Dewberry and Banks date back years.

“I played with Kelvin in little league, and against Kam in little league. I’ve known them a long time,”

And just in case Texas and Ohio State fans are wondering, Blue and Quinn Ewers have exchanged messages.

“Actually, when I committed he texted me and said good stuff. I told him I’m trying to help put Texas back on the map, and he should think about it. And he put the little eyes emoji back to me.”

Blue’s commitment to Texas seemingly came out of nowhere, even to the Klein Cain staff. But those close to Blue knew Stan Drayton built a terrific relationship with the young back. It was the way running backs are used in Steve Sarkisian’s offense that put the Longhorns over the top.

“Well, my first thought was to commit next year late in my recruiting process, but UT’s been the school that’s been in contact with me the most since they offered me. UT was my second offer, and they have been talking with me consistently since then. I like the way Coach Sark coached at Alabama, and he knows how to put backs in the best position to be successful. With him going to UT, that was the biggest reason I committed.”

Sarkisian has even spoken to Blue about lining up at receiver from time to time to best use his versatility.

“He told me we had to continue building a great relationship. And how he could put me at receiver and different things in the offense. It’s important for me to go to a school that allows me to do everything.”

Golden on the radar:
Jaydon Blue is the most heavily recruited prospect at Klein Cain, but 2022 WR Matthew Golden isn’t far behind in terms of talent.

The 6-foot, nearing 190-pound jack-of-all-trades for Klein Cain put together a terrific junior season with over 1,000 yards receiving, as well as being named an all-district punter. He also lined up at wildcat QB and factored into the return game.

Golden is a project that has ascended in the last year without colleges having full understanding of the level of prospect he has become due to Covid.

Golden has offers from TCU, Arkansas, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, SMU and Houston among others with Wisconsin expected soon. If the junior season video combined with what IT saw at track practice is any indication, there will plenty of P5s that offer by the summer.

The Cain sprinters were working on starts running 10 meters in a timed competition. Blue is considered the fastest sprinter on the squad and posted a .93 and .94 10-meter sprint into a 5-7 mph wind. Golden bested his teammate twice, hitting .92 and .93. if Golden posts 100-meter times between 10.7 and 10.8 this season, along with long jumping 21-22 feet… his stock will soar.

Texas is one of many P5s taking a serious look at Golden.

Pay attention to TCU offers:
Since the 2010 NFL Draft, TCU has had 32 players drafted. Of those, 29 played high school football in Texas.

Of those 29, only Jalen Reagor was offered or recruited heavily by Texas over a period of time. Texas got in on Ross Blacklock too late in the game despite his ties to Texas. Of the 29, 17 were defensive players and six are offensive linemen.

IT has a lot of respect for Gary Patterson’s talent evaluation, especially on defense.

With that said, this is the list of TCU offers in-state in the 2022 class on defense:

* - Texas offer
** - Texas commit or lean

*Omari Abor, DE, Duncanville
Derrick Brown, DE, Texas High
*Ernest Cooper IV, DE, Arlington Martin
Dylan Frazier, DE, McKinney North
*Bear Alexander, DT, Denton Ryan
*Jaray Bledsoe, DT, Bremond
Jadon Scarlett, DT, Coram Deo Academy
Tre Emory, DT, Mount Pleasant
Ish Harris, ATH/OLB, Pilot Point
Justin Medlock, LB, Manvel
Emeka Megwa, ATH/LB, Timber Creek
*Kip Lewis, LB, Carthage
*Harold Perkins, LB, Cy Park
Jeremy Patton, LB, Tenaha
**Bryce Anderson, CB/N/S, West Brook
*Bryan Allen Jr., S, Aledo
Chace Biddle, S, Garland High
*Terrance Brooks, CB/N, Plano John Paul II
Cristian Driver, S/ATH, Argyle Liberty Christian
**Jaylon Guilbeau, N/CB, Port Arthur Memorial
**Denver Harris, CB, North Shore
**Landon Hullaby, S, Mansfield Timberview
*Jarred Kerr, DB/ATH, Lexington
*Bobby Taylor, CB, Katy High

If you are wondering who TCU has offered on the OL in 2022 …

*Kelvin Banks, OT, Summer Creek
**Devon Campbell, OG, Arlington Bowie
*Kam Dewberry, OG/T, Atascocita
Hunter Erb, OG, Eaton High
Cole Hutson, OG, Frisco High
**Connor Robertson, OG, Austin Westlake
*Neto Umeozulu, OT, Allen High
Cameron Williams, OT, Duncanville
Sheridan Wilson, OG, Argyle High

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

John harbough and joe judge in the nfl

52 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I think that both sides of the Klubnik discussion have become way overblown and I'll go ahead and blame Ketch because I fucking hate that fat tub of shitgravy and blaming him just feels good. Klubnik doesn't seem polarizing enough as a talent to illicit either the love or hate response he's gotten here. I am biased against the Westlake/LT/SLC/Allen type kids from the drop but I recognize that Klubnik could come here and win a lot of football games. I don't think he's a can't miss guy and I don't think he'd butt fumble every play. I like him a hell of a lot more than Weigman. 

Neither of these guys is Quinn Ewers. 

the honest truth is that I think Murphy generates more buzz and creates some much needed momentum.  If he's capable of bringing along Williams and Hyphen it's an easy take. Anything beyond that is fantastic. Right now Texas is struggling to get momentum mostly from unforced errors and partially from a job well done by opposing coaches. Either way the new coach bump has been almost non-existent. So Murphy bringing in a couple of really highly rated guys and generating buzz and much needed interest is a big factor. 

Quick side note, people keep asking about a QB2 for this class but I think we already did. We signed QB2 for 2022 as a PWO in Cole Lourd. He's absolutely capable and a perfect QB2 candidate.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Lourd-46077126/

4mtk7g.gif

Also, Cole Lourd is PWO for 2021...

Edited by LTtxfan
Correction

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Jeff Traylor path

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

“Actually, when I committed he texted me and said good stuff. I told him I’m trying to help put Texas back on the map, and he should think about it. And he put the little eyes emoji back to me.”

eyes emoji yay

(Blue and Ewers, btw)

Edited by UncleBuck

12 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

IT Recruiting Matters: Blue recruiting OL’s, Golden on the radar, TCU vs. Texas

Hide contents

When Jaydon Blue committed to Texas, he instantly became the best recruiter for the class of 2022. IT made a visit to Klein Cain earlier in the week to watch track practice, and the 5-foot-11, 200-pound back with excellent hands didn’t hide which position his recruiting efforts are targeted toward.

“I’ve been talking to Kam (Dewberry) and Kelvin Banks a lot. They have been talking to me about committing to UT. I need linemen, because that will help me be successful. I’m also going to try and recruit a couple of receivers,”

The relationships with Dewberry and Banks date back years.

“I played with Kelvin in little league, and against Kam in little league. I’ve known them a long time,”

And just in case Texas and Ohio State fans are wondering, Blue and Quinn Ewers have exchanged messages.

Blue’s commitment to Texas seemingly came out of nowhere, even to the Klein Cain staff. But those close to Blue knew Stan Drayton built a terrific relationship with the young back. It was the way running backs are used in Steve Sarkisian’s offense that put the Longhorns over the top.

“Well, my first thought was to commit next year late in my recruiting process, but UT’s been the school that’s been in contact with me the most since they offered me. UT was my second offer, and they have been talking with me consistently since then. I like the way Coach Sark coached at Alabama, and he knows how to put backs in the best position to be successful. With him going to UT, that was the biggest reason I committed.”

Sarkisian has even spoken to Blue about lining up at receiver from time to time to best use his versatility.

“He told me we had to continue building a great relationship. And how he could put me at receiver and different things in the offense. It’s important for me to go to a school that allows me to do everything.”

Golden on the radar:
Jaydon Blue is the most heavily recruited prospect at Klein Cain, but 2022 WR Matthew Golden isn’t far behind in terms of talent.

The 6-foot, nearing 190-pound jack-of-all-trades for Klein Cain put together a terrific junior season with over 1,000 yards receiving, as well as being named an all-district punter. He also lined up at wildcat QB and factored into the return game.

Golden is a project that has ascended in the last year without colleges having full understanding of the level of prospect he has become due to Covid.

Golden has offers from TCU, Arkansas, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, SMU and Houston among others with Wisconsin expected soon. If the junior season video combined with what IT saw at track practice is any indication, there will plenty of P5s that offer by the summer.

The Cain sprinters were working on starts running 10 meters in a timed competition. Blue is considered the fastest sprinter on the squad and posted a .93 and .94 10-meter sprint into a 5-7 mph wind. Golden bested his teammate twice, hitting .92 and .93. if Golden posts 100-meter times between 10.7 and 10.8 this season, along with long jumping 21-22 feet… his stock will soar.

Texas is one of many P5s taking a serious look at Golden.

Pay attention to TCU offers:
Since the 2010 NFL Draft, TCU has had 32 players drafted. Of those, 29 played high school football in Texas.

Of those 29, only Jalen Reagor was offered or recruited heavily by Texas over a period of time. Texas got in on Ross Blacklock too late in the game despite his ties to Texas. Of the 29, 17 were defensive players and six are offensive linemen.

IT has a lot of respect for Gary Patterson’s talent evaluation, especially on defense.

With that said, this is the list of TCU offers in-state in the 2022 class on defense:

* - Texas offer
** - Texas commit or lean

*Omari Abor, DE, Duncanville
Derrick Brown, DE, Texas High
*Ernest Cooper IV, DE, Arlington Martin
Dylan Frazier, DE, McKinney North
*Bear Alexander, DT, Denton Ryan
*Jaray Bledsoe, DT, Bremond
Jadon Scarlett, DT, Coram Deo Academy
Tre Emory, DT, Mount Pleasant
Ish Harris, ATH/OLB, Pilot Point
Justin Medlock, LB, Manvel
Emeka Megwa, ATH/LB, Timber Creek
*Kip Lewis, LB, Carthage
*Harold Perkins, LB, Cy Park
Jeremy Patton, LB, Tenaha
**Bryce Anderson, CB/N/S, West Brook
*Bryan Allen Jr., S, Aledo
Chace Biddle, S, Garland High
*Terrance Brooks, CB/N, Plano John Paul II
Cristian Driver, S/ATH, Argyle Liberty Christian
**Jaylon Guilbeau, N/CB, Port Arthur Memorial
**Denver Harris, CB, North Shore
**Landon Hullaby, S, Mansfield Timberview
*Jarred Kerr, DB/ATH, Lexington
*Bobby Taylor, CB, Katy High

If you are wondering who TCU has offered on the OL in 2022 …

*Kelvin Banks, OT, Summer Creek
**Devon Campbell, OG, Arlington Bowie
*Kam Dewberry, OG/T, Atascocita
Hunter Erb, OG, Eaton High
Cole Hutson, OG, Frisco High
**Connor Robertson, OG, Austin Westlake
*Neto Umeozulu, OT, Allen High
Cameron Williams, OT, Duncanville
Sheridan Wilson, OG, Argyle High

oh my god omg GIF by WE tv

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Nah. Mostly just saying that I understand the underpinning of Gerry's angst. 

My least favorite take in any recruiting thread is TrUsT tHe CoRcHEs -- I fucking HATE that shit but with Murphy you just have to. Sarkisian is a known commodity as a QB evaluator and teacher, Murphy is as unknown a product as you can be as a 5* that has been on the radar since 8th grade. I simply don't have enough info to eval him at all and so it comes down to trusting Sarkisian. I haven't seen enough to say he's an easy take. I haven't seen enough to know that he has the competitive sickness. It's all trust at this point. He's a huge guy with a huge arm and can do a standing backflip. He's well liked by other recruits. That's the end of my knowledge. He's a moldable piece of clay with very limited experience. 

I think that both sides of the Klubnik discussion have become way overblown and I'll go ahead and blame Ketch because I fucking hate that fat tub of shitgravy and blaming him just feels good. Klubnik doesn't seem polarizing enough as a talent to illicit either the love or hate response he's gotten here. I am biased against the Westlake/LT/SLC/Allen type kids from the drop but I recognize that Klubnik could come here and win a lot of football games. I don't think he's a can't miss guy and I don't think he'd butt fumble every play. I like him a hell of a lot more than Weigman. 

Neither of these guys is Quinn Ewers. 

the honest truth is that I think Murphy generates more buzz and creates some much needed momentum.  If he's capable of bringing along Williams and Hyphen it's an easy take. Anything beyond that is fantastic. Right now Texas is struggling to get momentum mostly from unforced errors and partially from a job well done by opposing coaches. Either way the new coach bump has been almost non-existent. So Murphy bringing in a couple of really highly rated guys and generating buzz and much needed interest is a big factor. 

Quick side note, people keep asking about a QB2 for this class but I think we already did. We signed QB2 for 2022 as a PWO in Cole Lourd. He's absolutely capable and a perfect QB2 candidate.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Lourd-46077126/

Speaking for myself only, I don't "hate" Klubnik as a recruit. I'd be fine if he was the QB take. Not excited, but sure, why not? I like the Hoover guy more, but like Murphy the most (outside of Ewers) for reasons already expressed.

• Hook 'Em 1

I typically like Gerry the most of the 9.95ers.....but his doomsday angst about going out of state for recruits rubbing texas high school coaches the wrong way gets old.  It certainly hasn't hurt Jimbo...and as some have pointed out....the Texas high school coaches weren't exactly steering recruits to go to Texas over out of state recently anyway.....

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

I typically like Gerry the most of the 9.95ers.....but his doomsday angst about going out of state for recruits rubbing texas high school coaches the wrong way gets old.  It certainly hasn't hurt Jimbo...and as some have pointed out....the Texas high school coaches weren't exactly steering recruits to go to Texas over out of state recently anyway.....

There is definitely a wrong way to deal with the high school coaches which somehow we've managed to do since Mack left. That's not to say that you have to suck them off to the extent Mack did however, just not actively piss them off. 

Charlie pretty much ignored them in general, and I recall some chatter when he signed about 4 kids from Florida in the Cecil Cherry class that they were getting some "dogs" with the kids from Florida, implying Texas high school kids were soft.  Herman was just an A-Hole and all the high school coaches despised him so he wasn't going to get the benefit of the doubt.

You don't have to bend over backwards, but you basically shouldn't actively try to piss them off or they will likely steer kids away from your program.  Feels like there is a lot of room in between those extremes in which you can succeed.  Same goes for the trainers for that matter, unless you want to talk about dropping bags in which case some of them are more likely to be influenced by that sort of thing.

I think Murphy is a great take for recruiting reasons alone. I think its a decent gamble that one of Card/Thompson pans out so in my mind we are looking for a serviceable backup if we cant get Ewers. Murphy doesnt need to be a world beater when he steps foot on campus. He needs to develop under Sark for a year while we target a stud in the 2023 class like Manning. If Murphy pans out then we have the high ceiling scenario that has earned him all of these top offers, if he doesnt he transfers out and we keep all of his buddies he convinced to jump on board. Just seems like a decent play to me, especially with the transfer portal and Sark's reputation as a QB whisperer. 

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

There is definitely a wrong way to deal with the high school coaches which somehow we've managed to do since Mack left. That's not to say that you have to suck them off to the extent Mack did however, just not actively piss them off. 

Charlie pretty much ignored them in general, and I recall some chatter when he signed about 4 kids from Florida in the Cecil Cherry class that they were getting some "dogs" with the kids from Florida, implying Texas high school kids were soft.  Herman was just an A-Hole and all the high school coaches despised him so he wasn't going to get the benefit of the doubt.

You don't have to bend over backwards, but you basically shouldn't actively try to piss them off or they will likely steer kids away from your program.  Feels like there is a lot of room in between those extremes in which you can succeed.  Same goes for the trainers for that matter, unless you want to talk about dropping bags in which case some of them are more likely to be influenced by that sort of thing.

Nah, fuck the TXHSFB coaches, they place expectations on us that they don’t place on any other in-State school and I’m tired of it. Jimbo has gone OOS more than Strong and Herman ever has. Barely a peep. Texas State just signed zero HS kids. Shouldn’t they be outraged about that? But Texas signs a couple of Florida kids and it’s the end of the world.

Some of this is on our 9.95ers, because they love writing the same tired story every year about disgruntled HS coaches. Fuck them too. They should get better sources.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Nah, fuck the TXHSFB coaches, they place expectations on us that they don’t place on any other in-State school and I’m tired of it. Jimbo has gone OOS more than Strong and Herman ever has. Barely a peep. Texas State just signed zero HS kids. Shouldn’t they be outraged about that? But Texas signs a couple of Florida kids and it’s the end of the world.

Some of this is on our 9.95ers, because they love writing the same tired story every year about disgruntled HS coaches. Fuck them too. They should get better sources.

I have as little love for or connection to the TXHSFB corches as is possible to have, but the expectations are because UT is the flagship. It's a mark of pride, in a certain way.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, texifornia said:

I have as little love for or connection to the TXHSFB corches as is possible to have, but the expectations are because UT is the flagship. It's a mark of pride, in a certain way.

Heavy is the crown, I get that. But I’m still not making any decision of consequence based solely on how they feel. I’m not taking a worse prospect to make a HS coach happy.

If we win, they will jump on the bandwagon regardless for that same reason (being the flagship).

• Hook 'Em 4

50 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Didn't Murphy say recently that he knows he has a lot of work to put in to even compete for the starting role in college?  He was more concerned with getting developed properly than trying to come in and get PT ASAP.

If this is what he thinks then that makes him even more of a take than I thought and I’d take his commitment right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting