Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I did hear some pretty interesting info from my source, apparently coach Banks takes his coffee with 2 sugars. 

Spoiler

Image result for cocaine in coffee

Picture of Banks' morning coffee with "two sugars."

Edited by Kanly
spoiler

36 minutes ago, Getafix said:

"  - a QB committing anywhere will not scare him "

- This makes sense.  If he's not deterred by the combination of experience and pedigree on the Ohio State roster (below), the Texas position group shouldn't worry him.

- And hopefully, Murphy is the same.  Yeah, he's a 5 star - at least at this point - but he seems to recognize that he's raw, so hopefully he can also see what learning as a backup + 1.5 years of good tape have done for Mac Jones.

On their roster, Ohio State has:

2020 / Jack Miller / Nat #334 / Pos #13 / 4 star 

2020 / CJ Stroud / Nat #42 / Pos #2 / High  star

2021 / Kyle Mccord / Nat #27 / Pos #3 /  5 star

With the transfer portal it makes this more realistic. 

at worst you get coached by a great QB coach then evaluate the landscape if there’s a log jam. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

From a poster on IT who has connections to the Ewers circle:

Reveal hidden contents

Just passing info along I hear. Never want to come across as an insider for what it's worth.

Cliff notes from my convo....

- he is not in love with OSU

- just wants to play football and win championships

- flip won't happen soon, if it happens look for around ou game. Wants to see how the offense does to start the season

-loved that Blue is trying to recruit OL

- talks to Milwee the most, likes him a lot

- a QB committing anywhere will not scare him

Take it for what it's worth.

“not in love with OSU”

I don’t know. If he ends up signing there I feel he’ll end up portaling in a year or two.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

From a poster on IT who has connections to the Ewers circle:

Reveal hidden contents

Just passing info along I hear. Never want to come across as an insider for what it's worth.

Cliff notes from my convo....

- he is not in love with OSU

- just wants to play football and win championships

- flip won't happen soon, if it happens look for around ou game. Wants to see how the offense does to start the season

-loved that Blue is trying to recruit OL

- talks to Milwee the most, likes him a lot

- a QB committing anywhere will not scare him

Take it for what it's worth.

Worth noting that Hamilton and Wells both replied effectively confirming this info and insinuating that the fear of seeming flaky is Texas' biggest hurdle at this point

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Worth noting that Hamilton and Wells both replied effectively confirming this info and insinuating that the fear of seeming flaky is Texas' biggest hurdle at this point

My bullshit detector is pegged to the max. Y'all are buying this stuff?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Nothing can convince me that he wouldn’t currently be committed to Texas if he never committed and decommitted to texas. Even if he committed to OSU originally he would be here already. He’s basically trying not to be this..

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Nothing can convince me that he wouldn’t currently be committed to Texas if he never committed and decommitted to texas. Even if he committed to OSU originally he would be here already. He’s basically trying not to be this..

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

I can buy that.  He certainly doesn't want to flip back and then we roll out the same garbage season we have for the past decade and him have to flip back again....

On 2/11/2021 at 4:19 AM, Ill said:

It seems like there's two potential connections that stand out, May Manning or David Morris.

May is the oldest of Cooper's three kids, and she graduates from high school this spring. Based off no real evidence, the pick could be UT. I didn't really dig too far into this for obvious reasons. This could be a big connection, but it doesn't feel like a "pretty fucking big" connection.

David Morris was Eli's backup at Ole Miss for four years. He founded a quarterback training and development company called QB Country. Steve Sarkisian currently follows the QB Country twitter account (I couldn't find any personal twitter account for David Morris). The NY Times reported that "since he was in junior high school, Arch Manning has worked at times with a quarterback coach named David Morris" in the following article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/26/sports/football/arch-manning-high-school-recruitment.html . According to Morris's bio on the QB Country website ( https://qbcountry.com/mobile-al/ ), he trained Eli in his offseasons. So there's a good connection there with Arch and the Manning family, but in order to make it a "pretty fucking big one" maybe Morris will be offered a position at UT? 

On 2/11/2021 at 4:21 AM, closetojumping said:

Irrespective of whatever is coming, I'll challenge the premise that having your big sister, with whom you're very close, attending the same school as you "doesn't feel like a 'pretty fucking big' connection."

Good research, in any event.

CJT and his sock accounts are always interesting interactions. How many personalities does this guy have?

8 hours ago, tokamak said:

My bullshit detector is pegged to the max. Y'all are buying this stuff?

The guy is a long time poster on IT that is also a HS coach. 

There was a long term poster there last year who had a couple friends on Salpointe Catholic's staff that had good info on Bijan. There have been other instances with reputable posters who had ins that supplied accurate info (TexPete on Urquidez). There are plenty of fake insiders but that doesn't mean there aren't people with legitimate connections to recruits.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The guy is a long time poster on IT that is also a HS coach. 

There was a long term poster there last year who had a couple friends on Salpointe Catholic's staff that had good info on Bijan. There have been other instances with reputable posters who had ins that supplied accurate info (TexPete on Urquidez). There are plenty of fake insiders but that doesn't mean there aren't people with legitimate connections to recruits.

Who could ever forget TexPete being so bullish on Urquidez lol... i kid, I kid

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, texifornia said:

"Look for it around the OU game."

Yeah we better take Murphy if he wants in, that is LATE by QB timeline standards. Only thing left will be dregs and the perennial 4-star Georgia mercenary that knows how to run a proper auction. 

The situations aren't the same, but Bama got Bryce Young to flip on 9/22 

2) Sharing the insecure suspicion that an entire board of posts is comprised of you, 4 other posters and their 3000 socks. Yes, you’re trapped in the matrix, Neo, and you must find a way out to save us all.

The irony is that Machinator is the only other user on this forum who is NOT a bot.

If you're reading this and wondering, he's real, you're real, but all of the other posters here are a program created by Machinator to boost traffic and sell display ad space to Kendra Scott.

/Redpilled
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, texifornia said:

tenor.gif

Care to expand?

I don't see why it's hard to imagine, that if Ewers DID decide to flip (I'm not calling it), that some guys he's recruiting hard to tOSU to "come play with him" might value their relationship with him/his talent enough to follow, over committing to tOSU. I wasn't shooting for some conspiracy, that it's actively what he is attempting to achieve.

Edited by UncleBuck

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Care to expand?

I don't see why it's hard to imagine, that if Ewers DID decide to flip (I'm not calling it), that some guys he's recruiting hard to tOSU to "come play with him" might value their relationship with him/his talent enough to follow, over committing to tOSU. I wasn't shooting for some conspiracy, that it's actively what he is attempting to achieve.

I patiently await your next poor gif choice. 

The idea that "Ewers is recruiting for tOSU! This is good for us!" is a bit sad. While he seems to be waffling, at least to the people the 995ers are talking to, that's taking it to a TexAgs level.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The idea that "Ewers is recruiting for tOSU! This is good for us!" is a bit sad. While he seems to be waffling, at least to the people the 995ers are talking to, that's taking it to a TexAgs level.

Me thinks you should step away from the keyboard for a bit and relax. He's not saying what you're saying at all.

Just now, texifornia said:

Wasn't saying that, either. Only saying that it's what he's going to do, so hopefully a lot of those guys he's recruiting there build up enough of a relationship with him, and want to play with him enough, that they pick him over the university. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

This post does a solid job of highlighting 3 of the more absurd features of sports forums. 

2) Sharing the insecure suspicion that an entire board of posts is comprised of you, 4 other posters and their 3000 socks. Yes, you’re trapped in the matrix, Neo, and you must find a way out to save us all.

If this isn't the Matrix, then how do you explain @Machinator?

Just now, closetojumping said:

I'm failing to see much in the way of Ewers having some sort of recruiting kavorka with the 2022 guys.

Yah. All we hear are that guys are wanting to play with him, but not a lot of folks really taking that jump. Hopefully they still do really want to play with him, they're just turned off of Ohio Steak for whatever reason.

I wish he'd just shit or get off, though, if he's even in the bathroom like we hope. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm sure I'll regret it, but I can't be the only guy on this board that's getting tired of the Ewers story. Just go to the midwest shithole, win your conference a few times and let the broadcasters tell the story of how you shunned Texas or we failed to recruit you, get drafted in the 1st round and then flame out as yet another OSU QB bust in the pros. It all seems inevitable. 

In any event, after watching Milroe actually show traction with not one, but two recruiting classes, I'm failing to see much in the way of Ewers having some sort of recruiting kavorka with the 2022 guys.

Shit, maybe it materializes over the next few months and guys suddenly start saying "yeah. oh fuck yeah. i wasn't even considering ohio state and then this ewers bro smeared fratasticness all over my phone with his text messages and i felt i fucking had to commit. not only that, and i'm not sure this is possible but we're going to find out, i've decided to grow the first black guy mullet in his honor. it's all going to be amazing because of this ewers dude."

Did you hear Ewers did the 1 chip challenge without a beverage?

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Did you hear Ewers did the 1 chip challenge?

An analyst in my office did the 1 chip challenge a few Fridays ago. He talked all of this shit in front of the largely female staff for a week about how it was going to be nothing and he eats Carolina Reapers as a snack and blah blah blah. This dude eats it, holds out for all of 10 minutes, and then starts chugging milk. Had to go to the bathroom multiple times, lied down on a couch, sweating and moaning, and eventually left work early. Said he was basically in bed most of Saturday. I don't think the ladies were impressed. It was sadly funny to witness, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm sure I'll regret it, but I can't be the only guy on this board that's getting tired of the Ewers story. Just go to the midwest shithole, win your conference a few times and let the broadcasters tell the story of how you shunned Texas or we failed to recruit you, get drafted in the 1st round and then flame out as yet another OSU QB bust in the pros. It all seems inevitable. 

In any event, after watching Milroe actually show traction with not one, but two recruiting classes, I'm failing to see much in the way of Ewers having some sort of recruiting kavorka with the 2022 guys.

Shit, maybe it materializes over the next few months and guys suddenly start saying "yeah. oh fuck yeah. i wasn't even considering ohio state and then this ewers bro smeared fratasticness all over my phone with his text messages and i felt i fucking had to commit. not only that, and i'm not sure this is possible but we're going to find out, i've decided to grow the first black guy mullet in his honor. it's all going to be amazing because

of this ewers dude."

image.jpeg.54291915681a43235ee4e3cb8d1c92a1.jpeg

sir?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

An analyst in my office did the 1 chip challenge a few Fridays ago. He talked all of this shit in front of the largely female staff for a week about how it was going to be nothing and he eats Carolina Reapers as a snack and blah blah blah. This dude eats it, holds out for all of 10 minutes, and then starts chugging milk. Had to go to the bathroom multiple times, lied down on a couch, sweating and moaning, and eventually left work early. Said he was basically in bed most of Saturday. I don't think the ladies were impressed. It was sadly funny to witness, though.

LMAO wish I could have been there to laugh at him through his pain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

not only is it possible, it is FABULOUS!!

mullet.jpg

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

image.jpeg.54291915681a43235ee4e3cb8d1c92a1.jpeg

sir?

Well, I stand corrected. I guess I gave black dudes more credit. Shit.

That considered, now we know how we'll find the true Ewers acolytes versus just the group of dudes that want to play for a program constantly in the CFP and showing no signs of slowing down. We're playing Spot the Mullet from here, folks. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting