Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Nick at Nite: VIP info on three new Crystal Ball Predictions

Spoiler

Tonight, I entered three new Crystal Ball Predictions for Texas targets, all at the safety position. Let's dive into it.

- After talking to multiple sources this past week, I am hearing growing buzz with Beaumont (Texas) West Brook four-star safety Bryce Anderson and Texas. Earlier this week, I lowered my confidence score from a 6 to a 2 in favor of Texas A&M, but I have now flipped my pick to Texas with a confidence score of 7. I continue to hear growing confidence in talking to sources close to the class and I am hearing his decision timeline is being fast-tracked. There continues to be momentum on that front behind a spirited effort from safeties coach Blake Gideon and cornerbacks coach Terry Joseph as they have pushed the Longhorns in front of the Aggies in this heated in-state battle. Anderson has also had "almost daily" conversations with Steve Sarkisian in recent weeks, especially since the commitment of Anderson's cousin, Jaydon Blue.

- When Mansfield (Texas) Timberview four-star safety Landon Hullaby was offered by Texas in April, the Longhorns immediately held a good position because of his brother Jaden Hullaby who just finished his freshman season at Texas. It was always a matter of if Texas would make him a priority and that was especially the case with the new staff. In talking to sources this week, I like the current relationship with Hullaby and Texas enough to enter a Crystal Ball with a confidence score of 7 in favor of the Longhorns. Hullaby has always discussed the possibility of playing with his brother again at the next level and the new staff has used that to their advantage early on. I don't believe he is close to a decision with Notre Dame and Oregon remaining in the picture, but the Terry Joseph hire has done a lot to swift any momentum the Fighting Irish had towards Texas.

- It can't all be good news for Texas fans. After two Crystal Ball Predictions in favor of Oklahoma for Garland (Texas) four-star safety Chace Biddle earlier this week from OU Insider's Parker Thune and Brandon Drumm, I am also entering one in favor of the Sooners with a confidence score of 6. As I reported in The Stampede earlier this week, the new Texas staff has looked in a different direction at the safety position after the previous staff had made Biddle a priority. Biddle's relationship with his high school teammate and current Oklahoma commit Jordan Hudson has also helped put the Sooners out in front in this recruitment. I am not expecting a decision any time soon here as well with Michigan being the biggest contender in the race, according to sources.

These picks are in conjunction with OU Insider's Collin Kennedy.

• Hook 'Em 5

I work closely with a certain previously committed 5 star QB's father (hint: its Quinn Ewers, for those who haven't been following recruiting closely like I have) and chatted with him a bit this afternoon. Lets just say that I'll make a $100 bet with any of you guys that he flips back to us by the end of the weekend. He's been upset by a certain california qb possibly stealing his spot on the UT roster, and Sark apparently told him if Maalik commits then its over for Quinn so it's forced him to flip earlier. Not gonna say any more as I don't want to spoil anything but it's finally time to start getting excited about this recruiting class after getting dominated so far

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 88
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, ChonkySalmon666 said:

I work closely with a certain previously committed 5 star QB's father (hint: its Quinn Ewers, for those who haven't been following recruiting closely like I have) and chatted with him a bit this afternoon. Lets just say that I'll make a $100 bet with any of you guys that he flips back to us by the end of the weekend. He's been upset by a certain california qb possibly stealing his spot on the UT roster, and Sark apparently told him if Maalik commits then its over for Quinn so it's forced him to flip earlier. Not gonna say any more as I don't want to spoil anything but it's finally time to start getting excited about this recruiting class after getting dominated so far

I won’t bet, but you can fist yourself if it doesn’t happen. Sound good?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChonkySalmon666 said:

Almost had me for a second there but you didn't say no cap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

giphy.gif
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

So to recap

Maalik

Anderson

Hullaby

Banks (mentioned on here as the possible big news)

Coleman (could also be big news)

Could all commit in the next few days?

all gas bitches 

Could, but don't go getting disappointed if it's *just* Maalik and Johnson 

7 minutes ago, ChonkySalmon666 said:

Well the guy with less than 20 posts and negative 60 rep has me convinced. Time to pop bottles. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ChonkySalmon666 said:

Time to start thinking up a new username. Shame, I liked this one.

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This reminds me of the time SLX put out an invite on Hornfans for an impromptu football HH one Sunday afternoon in Houston. I met up with him and we went to The Gingerman. Like 10-12 other sad and addicted bastards showed up and we bullshitted about recruiting for a few hours.

It was all fine, but one poster (whose name I'll leave out here in case he reads the boards still and decides to murder me) showed up and looked like he was a full-blown stereotype of a child molester or serial killer. Terrifying. He introduces himself and says his handle, which none of the rest of us had ever heard of, so I assumed he was mostly a lurker.

I compared notes with SLX as we were leaving and I'm like "did uhhh, anyone give you a bit of a creepy vibe back there?" and he proceeds to explode into laughter and run down his fears about the same dude. I go home and check out the dude's profile on Hornfans, and he has like 8000 posts. I'd never once noticed him, right there in plain sight. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he posts here as "futureman" with that level of volume and banality. Hornfans was like a year old at the time.

I'm thinking you don't want to say his name cause you don't want to be IP banned from surly. 

Spoiler

IMG_20201203_170135.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 9
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Kanly said:

Mooooomentum. Let's see. Either mooooo indicates a bellcow, or the 5 Os represent 5 letters. Gotta be Ewers. Am I doing this right?

3 hours ago, TenCarryTom said:

Jeff Banks put 5 o’s in momentum. I say we either get five commits this week or a BIG five star commits which will make recruits want to come to Texas. 

Higdon really worked a number on some of you. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

So to recap

Maalik

Anderson

Hullaby

Banks (mentioned on here as the possible big news)

Coleman (could also be big news)

Could all commit in the next few days?

all gas bitches 

It's more like

- Johnson at some point in the next week, with Maalik likely to pop as well

- Anderson, Hullaby, and Banks as strong leans with unknown but likely short timelines

- Currently leading for Coleman but relatively little else known about his recruitment

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting