Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, ChonkySalmon666 said:

I work closely with a certain previously committed 5 star QB's father (hint: its Quinn Ewers, for those who haven't been following recruiting closely like I have) and chatted with him a bit this afternoon. Lets just say that I'll make a $100 bet with any of you guys that he flips back to us by the end of the weekend. He's been upset by a certain california qb possibly stealing his spot on the UT roster, and Sark apparently told him if Maalik commits then its over for Quinn so it's forced him to flip earlier. Not gonna say any more as I don't want to spoil anything but it's finally time to start getting excited about this recruiting class after getting dominated so far

i don't believe you anchorman GIF

4 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

It's more like

- Johnson at some point in the next week, with Maalik likely to pop as well

- Anderson, Hullaby, and Banks as strong leans with unknown but likely short timelines

- Currently leading for Coleman but relatively little else known about his recruitment

That would make 9 commits before the end of February with a very high average star rating with the lowest being Landon Hullaby a 4 star with a .8967.

• Drool 1

I work closely with a certain previously committed 5 star QB's father (hint: its Quinn Ewers, for those who haven't been following recruiting closely like I have) and chatted with him a bit this afternoon. Lets just say that I'll make a $100 bet with any of you guys that he flips back to us by the end of the weekend. He's been upset by a certain california qb possibly stealing his spot on the UT roster, and Sark apparently told him if Maalik commits then its over for Quinn so it's forced him to flip earlier. Not gonna say any more as I don't want to spoil anything but it's finally time to start getting excited about this recruiting class after getting dominated so far

Did he mention anything about a convincing jersey edit?

Collin Kennedy (Oklahoma 247 Insider) on his CB for Bryce Anderson, to Texas.

Spoiler

Collin's Corner: New crystal ball for elite defensive back Bryce Anderson
COLLIN KENNEDY

I've entered a new crystal ball for one of my favorite prospects in the 2022 class, Bryce Anderson.

About a week ago, I shared some information I had gathered during the Pylon 7v7 event in Dallas, Texas (you can view by clicking here). To sum it all in the following piece, here's what I feel is important:

- Since Anderson's decommitment from LSU, Texas A&M surged in the crystal ball. However, after the dust settled, the Texas Longhorns have quietly went to work.

New head coach Steve Sarkisian made it a priority to target Anderson almost-daily at times, putting in the effort to build that relationship in a hurry. That has not gone unrewarded as the new vision for the program is becoming clearer to the talented prospect.

- Proximity is something that's important to Anderson. The Beaumont, Texas star is very interested in staying close to home. This is part of the reason why LSU earned an early commitment and why Texas A&M became the early-leader following Anderson reopening his process. However, Austin certainly isn't a haul by any stretch. Staying in-state is appealing for Anderson and it's only around a four-hour drive to Austin.

- Finally, and this is another important factor, Anderson has a close-tie in the 2022 class. I wrote awhile back about Anderson being related to elite running back Jaydon Blue (you can see by clicking here). At the time, I discussed how Anderson's tie might help LSU stay in the race for Blue. Now, it's definitely something that's helping the Longhorns go after Anderson. It's certainly an advantage that can't be overlooked as Blue has also become one of the vocal leaders for the Longhorns' '22 recruiting efforts.

So, I say all of that to say this again: I really like where Texas stands. This may not be over by any stretch as Texas A&M will remain a factor and Clemson continues to monitor, but in the end, I'm comfortable entering my crystal ball with a confidence level of seven.

(*I've been working in conjunction with Nick Harris to gather all information necessary*)

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

It's more like

• Johnson at some point in the next week, with Maalik likely to pop as well
  • Anderson, Hullaby, and Banks as strong leans with unknown but likely short timelines
  • Currently leading for Coleman but relatively little else known about his recruitment

Both Anderson and Hullaby are similar in size... what are their skillsets and projected spots to play in PJ's defense

18 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

It's more like

- Johnson at some point in the next week, with Maalik likely to pop as well

- Anderson, Hullaby, and Banks as strong leans with unknown but likely short timelines

- Currently leading for Coleman but relatively little else known about his recruitment

Calling Banks a strong lean is generous. I don't think anyone has that strong of a grasp on his recruitment.

783616C3-5225-4D78-B7CE-8E42CB3C5D8D.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Both Anderson and Hullaby are similar in size... what are their skillsets and projected spots to play in PJ's defense

Both are listed as safeties, but IIRC our staff has told Anderson he is being considered for corner (too). 

He seems to have the speed for it.  Stats below.

image.thumb.png.98970ba9fbd3b025daaefbc0f8a59da0.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This reminds me of the time SLX put out an invite on Hornfans for an impromptu football HH one Sunday afternoon in Houston. I met up with him and we went to The Gingerman. Like 10-12 other sad and addicted bastards showed up and we bullshitted about recruiting for a few hours.

It was all fine, but one poster (whose name I'll leave out here in case he reads the boards still and decides to murder me) showed up and looked like he was a full-blown stereotype of a child molester or serial killer. Terrifying. He introduces himself and says his handle, which none of the rest of us had ever heard of, so I assumed he was mostly a lurker.

I compared notes with SLX as we were leaving and I'm like "did uhhh, anyone give you a bit of a creepy vibe back there?" and he proceeds to explode into laughter and run down his fears about the same dude. I go home and check out the dude's profile on Hornfans, and he has like 8000 posts. I'd never once noticed him, right there in plain sight. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he posts here as "futureman" with that level of volume and banality. Hornfans was like a year old at the time.

It wasn't  me. I may be creepy but I didn't have that many posts on HornFans. LMAO

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

So to recap

Maalik

Anderson

Hullaby

Banks (mentioned on here as the possible big news)

Coleman (could also be big news)

Could all commit in the next few days?

all gas bitches 

Don't forget that Evan Stewart's commitment video is already in the can (like futureman's fist).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

As said above your post, he misread that text 

He said he misread the text in regards to Banks being the commit teased for this weekend, but went on to say Banks could drop at any time. I guess technically he didn’t specifically say drop for Texas. 

Regarding all the safety prospects for whom we're looking good, Nick Harris just commented that this is shaping up to be a 3-4 safety class (responding to Anderson possibly being a CB with Harris' recent CB for Hullaby)

Also noted that he thinks we're in a better spot for Dewberry than Banks (not saying that we're bad for Banks, just responding to a question). 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Regarding all the safety prospects for whom we're looking good, Nick Harris just commented that this is shaping up to be a 3-4 safety class (responding to Anderson possibly being a CB with Harris' recent CB for Hullaby)

Also noted that he thinks we're in a better spot for Dewberry than Banks (not saying that we're bad for Banks, just responding to a question). 

I’ve seen Anderson at CB, and that would be an excellent move for him...fast, strong and physical

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Dummy said:

It’s really amazing what having a competent recruiting staff can accomplish. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

I’ll let you decide which one is futureman.

I was literally the only person in the pantheon of longhorn sports media that knew the inside info on urban from the jump. I love surlyhorns and I shared that info here because this is a special place to me and I truly care about y’all. am I celebrated for it? No. I continue to get disrespect and condescension from the lot of you. I really don’t understand the lack of gratitude. 

Edited by futureman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

I mean, I’ll 100 percent take this bet. Either I get $100 or Ewers flips? No downside there. Not that I believe you’re serious.
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Dummy said:

I hope this staff finally uses corners for their nickel back spot, and in a group of five DBs, recruits three corners and two safeties rather than two corners and three safeties.

If you list out position allocations you realize how precious each spot will be in this class, and I think you can live with five DBs (ideally Harris, Brooks, Guilbeau, Anderson, Hullaby)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

So to recap

Maalik

Anderson

Hullaby

Banks (mentioned on here as the possible big news)

Coleman (could also be big news)

Could all commit in the next few days?

all gas bitches 

Your first 3 are correct for this weekend, maybe. 

12 hours ago, ChonkySalmon666 said:

Had a comment for this, but then saw he was ‘sourced already, so well done folks. I look forward to his next handle, CloseToChubbies. 

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Some people just don’t learn lessons easily

Well, that’s most us if we are being honest. 

10 hours ago, satyanash said:

CTJ misread a text and thought it indicated Banks

Banks is still apparently a heavy lean. I don’t think anyone is surprised you found a spec of shit in a pile of gold to allow yourself to unzip your pants and spit. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hey just to be clear, is this a situation where if it’s Murphy versus Ewers you’ll fist yourself? 

Negged for idiocy. Don’t fucking quote that stupid fucking clown, dipshit. 

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

As said above your post, he misread that text 

10 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

he said he misread the text but then stated it could happen at anytime 

Correct. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting