Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, Okcool said:

Last I checked the 22effect tweets came from Joseph, Gideon, Milwee, Drayton & Banks late yesterday. Didn’t see one from Flood. Safe to assume possible commitment(s) and/or flip this weekend from Murphy, Anderson, Hullaby and Ewers? Johnson is obviously a given. No OL or is Flood just all business?

Trevell Johnson is committing today but I haven't seen anything from Choate. Then again, Choate doesn't appear to be one for tweeting.

https://twitter.com/CoachChoateUT

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Asithappens said:

I won't be too upset if Ewers doesn't come to UT.

He committed, he flipped, now he might flip again. Wouldn't be surprised if he enters the transfer portal if he does wind up coming here. Take the California kid and develop him. Everybody is slobbering over Ewers but he seems a bit of a head case. I'm not saying Ryan Leaf, but if Ewers wants to be a Longhorn then say it and commit to it. Otherwise, let's just move on. Imo. 

Reads like something you'd find on Texags

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Let's say Banks commits soon to the good guys, knock on wood. That would be the top RB and top OT in the state, both from Greater Houston. Perhaps the Aggy Houston recruiting dominance predictions were exaggerated? 

Perhaps the UT staff is doing a good job of slowing ATM momentum. That’s your perhaps, so let’s not revise history. They’ve got several terrific commitments from Houston and almost landed 4 more over a weekend, including Banks. But this is recruiting and Texas eventually showed up as a full staff and did work. 

Or, fuck it, write your own narrative. I guess I don’t really give a shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

He’s not going to flip back.  He is actively recruiting kids to tOSU.  

This is the same poor take that keeps being repeated. OF COURSE he’s recruiting for tOSU, that’s where he’s committed to. He was recruiting for Texas before he decommitted. Milroe was recruiting for Texas before he decommitted. Kids recruit for where they’re committed to.

He’s not going to come to a decision to flip back to Texas, but stop because, “oh fuck nevermind I’m recruiting for tOSU darn.”

Does he flip? I’d say doubtful, with a chance, but him recruiting for the school he’s committed to has zero bearing on it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

This is the same poor take that keeps being repeated. OF COURSE he’s recruiting for tOSU, that’s where he’s committed to. He was recruiting for Texas before he decommitted. Milroe was recruiting for Texas before he decommitted. Kids recruit for where they’re committed to.

He’s not going to come to a decision to flip back to Texas, but stop because, “oh fuck nevermind I’m recruiting for tOSU darn.”

Does he flip? I’d say doubtful, with a chance, but him recruiting for the school he’s committed to has zero bearing on it.

Milroe was recruiting for Texas before Yurcich ghosted him. When he was close to decomitting the recruiting to Texas absolutely slowed down. 

Perhaps the UT staff is doing a good job of slowing ATM momentum. That’s your perhaps, so let’s not revise history. They’ve got several terrific commitments from Houston and almost landed 4 more over a weekend, including Banks. But this is recruiting and Texas eventually showed up as a full staff and did work. 
Or, fuck it, write your own narrative. I guess I don’t really give a shit. 

Pulling in Bryce Anderson would add to the “upping our Greater Houston (extended East) game” narrative. Although I’m not sure about their recent recruiting successes in the Golden Triangle, and just generally speaking...the Aggy is thick over here

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Yes, I do!  He reminds me of D’anthony Thomas from his hudl film.  

A WR class of Winfield, Stewart, Thompson, Coleman, and the possession WR from Cali would be fucking sick.  I don’t know if we get more than 3 from that list but let’s see sark work his magic.

I think Stewart is similar to Waddle 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

Pulling in Bryce Anderson would add to the “upping our Greater Houston (extended East) game” narrative. Although I’m not sure about their recent recruiting successes in the Golden Triangle, and just generally speaking...the Aggy is thick over here

Aggy has certainly pulled some good players out the Triangle, but it's given them fits. I'd say it's more reliably Texas or LSU. 

Milroe was recruiting for Texas before Yurcich ghosted him. When he was close to decomitting the recruiting to Texas absolutely slowed down. 

We all know the story. Doesn’t change the details, and only further proves my point. There are too many factors that go into keeping a player committed. Whether they help recruit for you or not is immaterial IMO. Players who help recruit for schools flip every year.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Hopefully the news will make us jump. 

Tip your waitresses. 

On 1/21/2021 at 10:14 AM, TommyGufano said:

🎵Kris Ross'll make ya... 

On 1/27/2021 at 9:30 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Kris Ross’ll make ya...

Alright. Let's retire this one. It was fucking lame the first time I did it

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting