Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

8 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

For TCU, the Texas game is their Red River Shootout. Win that game and the coach buys himself a lot of goodwill even if the season is not what the fans wanted. As long as their fans have that scoreboard over Texas, they are somewhat content and manageable.

Dude. We are everyone's big game. That's why certain coaches find that winning is hard here... you actually have to prepare for every opponent like they had the game circled on their calendar all year.

Because they did.

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

Dang. Having him in as RB is just unfair.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

There is no bigger fucking group of pouty hypocritical little bitches than Texas High School Football Coaches. They will gleefully let their 5 and high 4 star kids leave the state all the fucking time, but woe be unto you if you don't kiss their little pampered asses and make them feel special.

this. win a bunch of fucking football games and let the players decide where they wanna go. 

44 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Dude. We are everyone's big game. That's why certain coaches find that winning is hard here... you actually have to prepare for every opponent like they had the game circled on their calendar all year.

Because they did.

Dang. Having him in as RB is just unfair.

I don't believe we are everyone's big game. It's just something Mack brainwashed our fans into thinking and has been used by coaches ever since. We are not Bama. We don't win 12+ games year in and year out, so why should we be Iowa State or Maryland's big game? Having said that I do believe we are big games for other in-state schools because of bragging rights.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 18

50 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I don't believe we are everyone's big game. It's just something Mack brainwashed our fans into thinking and has been used by coaches ever since. We are not Bama. We don't win 12+ games year in and year out, so why should we be Iowa State or Maryland's big game? Having said that I do believe we are big games for other in-state schools because of bragging rights.

I have to disagree. When we play a team on the road, that game is almost always sold out or even a homecoming (except for Kansas). People love to play Texas because the game will get talked about. If you look at our past big 12 away games, they are almost always sold out or even homecoming because we are their biggest game of the year. 

• Hook 'Em 8

3 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

You know Texas football didn't start with Mack right? He wasn't even our program's most successful coach. Someone has been brainwashed but it's not us. You've been brainwashed by a decade of suckitude to believe we're not that great. Reality shows otherwise. Before things went off the rails in 2010 we were the second winningest program in college football history all-time behind Michigan who got to rack up 100 nonsense wins in scrimmages where they taught the other team the rules of the game just before playing. Yes we've sucked this decade but we're probably the sixth best program in college football all time behind Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, and ND. Just ahead of Michigan and Nebraska imo. This reputation and hatred doesn't fade. We will always be hated 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

32ff156b96b223240d669609910164c2.gif
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Is that why ou recruits still do the horns down?  We are everyone’s big game in just about every sport.  Wealthy school, wealthy state.  Even Tom Holiday has said as much 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Is that why ou recruits still do the horns down?  We are everyone’s big game in just about every sport.  Wealthy school, wealthy state.  Even Tom Holiday has said as much 

It's not just ou.. they all do it now..  But yes ou has made it their official hand sign lol

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't think I realized how much we were everybody's big game until 1997. Mackovick's last season was a  4-7 disaster that started of with rout 66 and ended with a nightmare against Baylor. The team had a decent season and some signature moments here and there in the preceding 14 years but the program was really down. I think four different teams tore down the goal posts after beating a 4-7 team that year. That should tell you everything you need to know. We've always been everybody's big game. That was the old joke about the SWC - there was only one rivalry: Texas vs a&m, Texas vs Baylor, Texas vs Rice, Texas vs SMU, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Nice job cherry picking a Maryland team we’ve only played 5 times ever.

If you asked every other team in our conference which conference team they hate the most, Oklahoma State is the only school that wouldn’t answer Texas.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Nice job cherry picking a Maryland team we’ve only played 5 times ever.

If you asked every other team in our conference which conference team they hate the most, Oklahoma State is the only school that wouldn’t answer Texas.

Wasn't there a survey done nationally and like 15 schools called us their rival?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Looking solid to me 

Couldnt have happened better for him.  He almost stepped out when Sark got there and Sark said just watch and wait and boom boom boom in a month.  Lot of talk of Texas right now and he can say he was the one that stuck with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't think I realized how much we were everybody's big game until 1997. Mackovick's last season was a  4-7 disaster that started of with rout 66 and ended with a nightmare against Baylor. The team had a decent season and some signature moments here and there in the preceding 14 years but the program was really down. I think four different teams tore down the goal posts after beating a 4-7 team that year. That should tell you everything you need to know. We've always been everybody's big game. That was the old joke about the SWC - there was only one rivalry: Texas vs a&m, Texas vs Baylor, Texas vs Rice, Texas vs SMU, etc. 

I saw an article a couple years ago.  Like 8 teams considered us their main rival.  Hell Arkansas probably still does.  Also during the Mack years we came in second in ratings to USC.   In california

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Wasn't there a survey done nationally and like 15 schools called us their rival?

One of my best friends went to West Virginia, and I can guarantee you those fuckers consider us their biggest game every year in every sport. They hate Pitt more than they hate us, but they get more excited to play us. 

How many times have you gone to a road game?

I dare you to go to Fayettenam on September 11th this year wearing a UT shirt.

They will show you what a jihad is, and it will be only the 6th time we've played them in 30 years.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, runthebone said:

Texas high school football coaches are both generally stupid and giant, moody pussies.

Being a TX HS FB coach. I agree with you. I left a 20 year professional career doing something else to go do this. Most of these dudes are dumb, and think they are more important than they are. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

How many times have you gone to a road game?

I dare you to go to Fayettenam on September 11th this year wearing a UT shirt.

They will show you what a jihad is, and it will be only the 6th time we've played them in 30 years.

This is 100 percent correct

12 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

One of my best friends went to West Virginia, and I can guarantee you those fuckers consider us their biggest game every year in every sport. They hate Pitt more than they hate us, but they get more excited to play us. 

Having attended the game up there in 2019, there was a huge buzz in the pregame.  As a friend said, it looks like we parachuted into Russia.

• Hook 'Em 1

After what Vince did to Michigan and USC in those rose bowls you can bet your ass they will hate us for 30 years. Those were two of their best teams they have assembled in a long time and we ruined their seasons lol. 

17 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Back in the day the side arm and footwork were cause for concern but after things have changed for the QB position the accuracy and length on that throw will come in handy when he can't step into a throw.

a_young_195.jpg

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

image.png.7c03d7dd9a582390c1949d4e9ca4dff8.pngimage.png.ddd11257532a60ba41bc5443b75b094c.png
This criticism doesn't even make sense.  One of these extensions is nearly a foot above the QB's head and it isn't the "polished" guy.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:

image.png.7c03d7dd9a582390c1949d4e9ca4dff8.pngimage.png.ddd11257532a60ba41bc5443b75b094c.png
This criticism doesn't even make sense.  One of these extensions is nearly a foot above the QB's head and it isn't the "polished" guy.

If you are accurate and you can throw the ball 70 yards, nobody is going to give you any shit about your release as long as you don't have a Tebowesque 3 second windup to get the ball out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

I have friends that went to Iowa at, Iowa, Michigan and Michigan state.   One of them turned down a scholarship to Michigan to walk on at Michigan st.   All four groups have told me they would root for their main rival if they played Texas

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Well, yeah. Your friend turned down a scholarship to Michigan to walk on at Michigan State. Your friend is an idiot...

He was a conservative guy, so I'm sure that was a factor.  I'm gonna guess MSU had the better wrestling program back then? Yep, but when we played Michigan in the Rose he was not cheering for us.

Edited by closetohumping
  • Haha 1

(Gerry Hamilton) IT Recruiting Matters: Defensive line recruiting nuggets

Spoiler

The Texas defensive staff is not being shy about offering prospect both in state, and nationally in the class of 2022.

While the board is still taking shape, and realistic options are still being investigated, the staff is making the correct moves to provide opportunity maximization.

Today, IT updates on a few key prospects at the premium position.

Texas in the hunt for D.J. Wesolak:
Boonville, Mo. EDGE prospect D.J. Wesolak continues to ascend on the recruiting trail. The fast developing pass rushing prospect grew up playing inside linebacker before moving to the EDGE as a sophomore.

Now standing a shade over 6-foot-5, recently weighing 233-pounds, a near 80-inch wingspan and close to 10-inch hands, Wesolak has the first step quickness, ability to bend and frame that college coaches covet.

While Wesolak will in time have over 40 offers, this is a recruitment that will be about academics and football for a focused kid.

According to a source close to Wesolak, Notre Dame, Missouri and Texas are receiving a lot of mention from the fast-rising EDGE prospect.

Texas has work to do on Omari Abor:
According to a source close to the Duncanville DE, Ohio State and Oklahoma are definitely spoken about the most by Abor when asked.

Last week, the 6-foot-4, 240-pounder mentioned having five schools with the best chance to win out … and Texas was among them.

The source also relayed that Steve Sarkisian has spoken with Reginald Samples since arriving in Austin. As has Jeff Banks and Bo Davis. According to Samples the Longhorns need to do one thing, win. Period. He told Sarkisian that Duncanville players like Texas, but they have seen Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State win.

Bo Davis connecting with Jaray Bledsoe:
Texas defensive line coach Bo Davis is doing a very good job relationship building with the 6-foot-4, 270-pound Bledsoe per a source close to Bledsoe’s recruitment. Davis’ message is resonating with Bledsoe.

Right now, the schools the source hears most from Bledsoe and circle are Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama and Texas A&M. Oklahoma is the offer/school that may have impressed the Bremond budding star the most. He’s taken a liking to Sooners DL coach Calvin Thibodeaux.

Oklahoma and Texas are getting more mention that Texas A&M right now, but to be clear IT is not predicting that will be the case long term.

Alabama head coach Nick Saban is set to zoom with Bledsoe when school resumes. A zoom tour of Alabama football and facilities with members of the staff recently made a big impression on the small school star.

People close to Bledsoe are pushing patience, and making sure he makes the best decision for him.

*Defensive end note: Texas is beginning to show interest in Rowlett 2022 DE Michael Ibulun-Okeyode. The 6-foot-5, 235-pounder with long arms and the frame to carry 270+-pounds most recent Power 5 offers are Baylor and Boston College to go along with Arizona State, Kansas State, Colorado and Kansas.

• Hook 'Em 3

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/02/16/pac-12-recruiting-now-at-texas-steve-sarkisian-out-for-blood-as-he-pursues-the-best-west-coast-prospects/

The narrative that they're running with (Sark getting revenge on Pac 12 schools) is silly at best, but I'll enjoy the free publicity that he's going to go after the top guys on the west coast

42 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I never heard so much shit talk as I did the night we lost to arky and the Fatass erotic in the Texas Bowl.  I took the whole family to the game and it was a miserable night.  Drunk pig sooeys were harassing Texas fans something fierce.  

But see, that's the wrong reaction.

The correct reaction is

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

*Defensive end note: Texas is beginning to show interest in Rowlett 2022 DE Michael Ibulun-Okeyode. The 6-foot-5, 235-pounder with long arms and the frame to carry 270+-pounds most recent Power 5 offers are Baylor and Boston College to go along with Arizona State, Kansas State, Colorado and Kansas.

https://247sports.com/player/micheal-ibukun-okeyode-46098084/

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

This is a fucking idiotic post. Just terrible. 

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I was going to reference 1997. Anyone doubting where UT stands among its conference and regional opponents wasn’t around that season. We were pathetic and the goalposts tear downs were semi-absurd. 

1 hour ago, cochamps said:

Having attended the game up there in 2019, there was a huge buzz in the pregame.  As a friend said, it looks like we parachuted into Russia.

I was there as well and yeah, WVU fans were shit-talking us everywhere we went ... pregame. Horns down all over. 

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I have friends that went to Iowa at, Iowa, Michigan and Michigan state.   One of them turned down a scholarship to Michigan to walk on at Michigan st.   All four groups have told me they would root for their main rival if they played Texas

So a michigan fan would cheer for OSU against us?  I know a few Michigan grads and I can assure you your friends are the outliers.  

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

So a michigan fan would cheer for OSU against us?  I know a few Michigan grads and I can assure you your friends are the outliers.  

He was an MSU fan cheering for Michigan against us.  I don't associate with OSU fans, just kidding I have a couple. But Iowa, Iowa st?  yep they definitely rooted against Texas 

Actually, just asked an osu colleague if he would root for us or Michigan and he said "depends."  This is all atnectodtal shit btw, I don't know a million midwesterners.

Edited by closetohumping
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting