Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 hours ago, Not a cat said:

So a michigan fan would cheer for OSU against us?  I know a few Michigan grads and I can assure you your friends are the outliers.  

Yeah, we were at the Rose Bowl against Michigan.  I guarantee not one UM fan we visited with rooted against us at tOSU.  Not one.  They hated those fuckers the way we hate BlowU.  They warned us exactly how the shitty Buckeye fans would treat us (we didn't end up getting to go) and told us if we won to get the hell out of there fast.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

That maybe a fair point. I just don't think we have hard time beating teams because we are everyone's big game. We lose because we play down to competition, not because the other team played out of character to beat us. TCU or Iowa State didn't play any better against us than how they normally played.

That was true under Herman, sure, because Herman's teams all did that.

But don't think our opponents didn't get up for us. They might not have performed well, but they got up for us.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Once again, I never said we are not a big opponent for anyone. I took issue with someone saying we are big games for everyone. A one loss Iowa State, who doesn't have a historic rivalry with us, doesn't consider a 2 loss Texas a big game. That game was important to them because they had a clear path to the conference championship game. Calling my post stupid is classic group thinking that Texags has. Everyone nagging my post missed where I wrote "We are not a big game for everyone" because God forbid anyone says we are not the baddest and biggest program in CFB.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Yeah, we were at the Rose Bowl against Michigan.  I guarantee not one UM fan we visited with rooted against us at tOSU.  Not one.  They hated those fuckers the way we hate BlowU.  They warned us exactly how the shitty Buckeye fans would treat us (we didn't end up getting to go) and told us if we won to get the hell out of there fast.

A UM guy I worked with at the time took the three UT guys at the company out to a pretty nice lunch after we beat OSU, and he received a good amount of ribbing after the UT/UM Rose Bowl as he was outnumbered.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

this is such a dumb line of reasoning. If Day can get production and a first round draft pick out of a lazy, arrogant headcase like Haskins, then it shows he’s a good coach. Haskins not succeeding in the NFL won’t hurt Day. If anything, it just shows he’s a good coach. Same thing with Scipio’s article on Sark. Getting the most out of bad QBs and getting them drafted higher than they should be is not a bad sign for a coach and it won’t hurt recruiting, because Day can still show that his last toe QBs are first round picks. How they develop in the NFL has little to do with Day. 

Imagine what Day would do with his first toe QB? Is Ewers a big toe kinda qb? I’ll hang up and listen. 

11 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

4 star/ Louisiana kid or not, I don't think we should go after a recruit with the handle "oneway bcrappy"  

/ wet blanket

It's a scharfes S - he's scrappy. And surprisingly up on German orthography.

The y with the umlaut... no idea.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Gerry mentioned Jonathan Gray blaming UT for his lack of a NFL career as a factor with Aledo kids and this recruitment specifically...I guess not. 

Wouldn’t be surprised...I watched that 2013 team last night and man wat a waste of such a talented roster....I don’t blame him for saying that

• Fuck You 5

4 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Blaming a program because you popped your Achilles twice? Makes sense. 

10 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Almost as much sense as blaming a program that is on its third coach since he was recruited. Does he think it's something in the Austin water? 

Unfortunately, the current coach at Aledo is the same one who overused Gray. If we try to counter Gray's argument we will be criticizing their head coach.

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Been without water and electricity for 3 days now, with a 3 year old, and somehow this thread is worse than this fucking ice storm. The last two pages are hot garbage smeared with steaming liquid shit. Fuck you people. 

to make this relevant to recruiting the post quoted is fucking bullshit and completely fabricated. Ewers’s family, and I don’t mean a fucking cousin or uncle, want him at Texas. 

giphy (27).gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

Been without water and electricity for 3 days now, with a 3 year old, and somehow this thread is worse than this fucking ice storm. The last two pages are hot garbage smeared with steaming liquid shit. Fuck you people. 

to make this relevant to recruiting the post quoted is fucking bullshit and completely fabricated. Ewers’s family, and I don’t mean a fucking cousin or uncle, want him at Texas. 
Yeah but have you actually met Ewers?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I've rooted for Texas over Iowa in the past.  Might have been the Alamo Bowl  in like '06ish?

Where were you when we needed you in ‘84? ESPN (SI?) hyperbolically claimed that the Freedom Bowl was Iowa’s biggest win ever.

I’ve tried striking up CFB talk with exactly two Iowa fans in my life. The first was a guy at a company I just started at in ‘86. It was probably my first experience having a non-rival shit-talking... about a game that happened 18 months earlier. He had no interest in friendly banter, even though I feigned interest in their upcoming season.

The second was with a new neighbor a few houses down. This was after I moved to the Midwest. He was dismissive of even discussing football, like a non-Iowa fan couldn’t possibly know the sport. Truly bizarre as this was circa 2008 and Ferentz sucks at being mediocre.

Do Iowa fans need a different approach?

For all the talk about how stacked the State of Texas was at OL, this year is significantly better. Campbell, Banks, Dewberry, Neto, Robertson and the Odessa kid we just offered. Plus, you have the CA OT who might be interested now that Murphy’s committed, plus Flood has made other national offers. I’m becoming cautiously optimistic that we’ll land a really good OL class this year, likely the best in over a decade. Herman cleaned cleaned up in 2018, but even then he didn’t do much at OL. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

For all the talk about how stacked the State of Texas was at OL, this year is significantly better. Campbell, Banks, Dewberry, Neto, Robertson and the Odessa kid we just offered. Plus, you have the CA OT who might be interested now that Murphy’s committed, plus Flood has made other national offers. I’m becoming cautiously optimistic that we’ll land a really good OL class this year, likely the best in over a decade. Herman cleaned cleaned up in 2018, but even then he didn’t do much at OL. 

Sewell's a 2023: https://247sports.com/Player/Harris-Sewell-46109308/

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting