Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

All these crystal ball picks being thrown round, I'm going to take it as a good sign nobody has put in any aggy picks for Banks and Dewberry.

Well, Perroni already had aggy picks in for both. He CB'ed Dewberry two years ago, of course.

Edited by Lonestar88

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

And what if I told you the top picture was Ewers scrambling and throwing in the run while being pursued. Does that change anything for you?

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Then I'd have to watch the play because his feet seem wrong for that scenario. Athletic QBs throwing on the run throw with their right foot on the ground, not their left. The left leg swing forward balances the arm motion during the throw in that situation.

He's not scrambling.  Coming right out of his drop.

TBH. Extension is probably the least important part of the motion and anything above 3/4ths I doubt there's much concern over.

Edited by JBJ

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because Stan Drayton is still breathing, employed by Texas, and Clapyannash has access to a keyboard. 

I do hate that worthless fucker with the heat of 1,000 suns but the referenced comment was more about the fact that BCs role was being phased out and used in name only to get Harris some extra ducats and how un-Bama like it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I do hate that worthless fucker with the heat of 1,000 suns but the referenced comment was more about the fact that BCs role was being phased out and used in name only to get Harris some extra ducats and how un-Bama like it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again, why do you assume the recruiting role is in name only and not the redundant QB analyst one? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Again, why do you assume the recruiting role is in name only and not the redundant QB analyst one? 

Why does either have to be redundant?

JW Walsh was our QB analyst. He left. Carrington was our recruiting director. He left. Harris is being promoted to fill both roles. It's totally different from Bama's setup, where they had two QB analysts plus a third guy for recruiting director. If we really were emulating Bama's approach our setup would look more like the latter. Unless we hired some new analyst that I completely missed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

JW Walsh was our QB analyst. He left. Carrington was our recruiting director. He left. Harris is being promoted to fill both roles. It's totally different from Bama's setup, where they had two QB analysts plus a third guy for recruiting director. If we really were emulating Bama's approach our setup would look more like the latter. Unless we hired some new analyst that I completely missed.

Or we’re not done hiring yet, because, you know we obviously aren’t done hiring yet 

• Hook 'Em 9

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Yea, I don't understand the assumed premise that BCs role is being phased out/used as a pay bump for a guy that worked recruiting with BC and is by all reports an involved well like recruiter similar to BC. Add in the fact that we have two QB-centric coaches already and no director of recruiting I'm just failing to see why that is a logical thought.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Because it was already discussed that Texas was considering not filling Carrington's role at all. Because Texas hasn't interviewed any of the prospective external candidates for the role. Because when any org combines two different job roles under a single person, what they are really doing is eliminating one of those jobs long term. Giving Harris the title is good for his resume and a way to increase his salary over the standard analyst. The director of recruiting role at Bama (and most other schools) requires a lot of work/available hours. If Harris is also an offensive analyst and covets not only an eventual on-field job but learning the ins and outs of QB coaching from both Sarkisian and Milwee, then I will assume that he will be spending a ton of hours doing that. 

Nothing that has happened so far with any of the staff hires or personnel moves has spoken to Texas doing anything "the Bama way". At all. Expecting this move to be different, instead of viewing it as more of the same (and via Occam's Razor) as a way to do away with a role while helping a rising assistant boost both his resume and pay scale, seems pretty illogical to me. 

Why do you think the analyst role is the redundant of the two? Further, do you think that Harris wants to move further away from being an on-field coach? 

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Because it was already discussed that Texas was considering not filling Carrington's role at all. Because Texas hasn't interviewed any of the prospective external candidates for the role. Because when any org combines two different job roles under a single person, what they are really doing is eliminating one of those jobs long term. Giving Harris the title is good for his resume and a way to increase his salary over the standard analyst. The director of recruiting role at Bama (and most other schools) requires a lot of work/available hours. If Harris is also an offensive analyst and covets not only an eventual on-field job but learning the ins and outs of QB coaching from both Sarkisian and Milwee, then I will assume that he will be spending a ton of hours doing that. 

Nothing that has happened so far with any of the staff hires or personnel moves has spoken to Texas doing anything "the Bama way". At all. Expecting this move to be different, instead of viewing it as more of the same (and via Occam's Razor) as a way to do away with a role while helping a rising assistant boost both his resume and pay scale, seems pretty illogical to me. 

Why do you think the analyst role is the redundant of the two? Further, do you think that Harris wants to move further away from being an on-field coach? 

This is solid clarification on your speculation, gracias

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, golfclap said:

And filling the title is not necessary when the Carrington's former responsibilities are being managed elsewhere, which appears to be the case. Harris has proven to be a good recruiter and why lose him to be RB coach at UNT when you can retain him with a little bump and swanky new title?

• Hook 'Em 1

Five and half year ago, Steve Sarkisian was fired by Southern California, a promising career derailed by alcoholism. The road back for Sark went thrown Alabama and the NFL and now he is a head coach again, taking at Texas. Sarkisian joins AP’s Ralph D. Russo to talk about his comeback and how recovery has made him a different, and he hopes better, coach. Then Richard Johnson of the Split Zone Duo podcast joins the show to breakdown what made Sark’s offense so good at Alabama and how the top college teams are trying to mimic the way NFL teams play offense.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/steve-sarkisians-road-to-texas/id1138957862?i=1000509447522

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

So Harris is moving to QBs and taking on an expanded title of Director of Recruiting - but really that role is all but going away and leaving Drayton back to his own devices. 

That sound you hear is the sound of the "set up the program like Bama" bullshit dying a wheezing death with each successive decision/hire/move by this staff. 

Its called getting a promotion

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Who is that, Terfel? The Welsh also give us the best singing competition in the world, aptly titled "Singer of the world". Contributions abound.

Yes, that is Terfel. I enjoy the idea of your post that most people here would be like "Yes, Sir Bryn Terfel. I know that voice. What did you think of him as Wotan?"

The Welsh also have an amazing tradition of child singing and vocal competitions beyond Cardiff. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I dunno which will happen first.  We'll hire our support staff or @F250 will get laid by one of the Sugar Baby whores.

I got a beej and a handy right as the winter storm started kicking in. I'm good.

Edited by F250
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

BJ's dad is a bit of a Longhorn fan and was excited when we offered the first time.  But apparently Sark is going very hard after Allen.  As in treating him like a day one starter. 

Word I heard is Allen's decommitment had more to do with the interest he was getting from Sark than LSU's collapse.

He likes OU too though.

• Hook 'Em 2

My speculative interpretation of confidence scores today since they're pushing CBs is basically:

8 - basically decided, just hasn't announced yet. Obv thing can always change.

7 - strong lean who could drop anytime

6 - Clear leader but a ways to go

5 and below - Hunches, old info they don't care to check on, etc

So I'm not gonna freak out over an Ok St guy CB'ing Banks with a 5 confidence

Edited by Tex-19
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting