Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

14 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Remember that time an oklahoma state insider CB'd Zach Evans v1 to them because they made his top 18 or whatever it was? Good times

that wasn't such a bad cb since he did end up committed or tried to commit to about half of the 18

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Blake "Fuck the Brocks" Brockermeyer is about to get an analyst gig at Bama

Fuck now. They’re already committed. They won’t welcome that prick around hes shit to be around. 

now the next set of 5 stars...I kid. Alabama is already tremendous at finding work for family members in the state of Alabama. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

247 / Steve Wiltfong / Top247 QB Cade Klubnik has a few schools in mind

(Texas staying in contact; A&M not mentioned.)

Spoiler

Top247 QB Cade Klubnik has a few schools in mind
STEVE WILTFONG

Top contenders are beginning to emerge for Austin (Texas) Westlake Top247 2022 quarterback Cade Klubnik.

“I’m still taking my time and learning a lot more about schools every day,” Klubnik told 247Sports before going in on the programs coming at him the hardest. “I would say North Carolina, Florida and then Texas pretty hard and then Clemson, too.”

It's easy to see why those schools are pushing.

As a junior, the 6-foot-2 1/2, 178-pound Klubnik threw for 3,495 yards and 35 touchdowns with another 583 rushing yards and 15 more scores in leading his team to a state championship in the Lone Star State’s largest class. The four-star prospect elaborated on the programs mentioned.

Regarding the Tar Heels: “I think they've got a ton of potential coming up in the next few years. What they’ve done the past few years with Coach (Mack) Brown I think it’s pretty cool and pretty promising what they can do in the future. Coach (Phil) Longo and Coach Brown I’m definitely pretty close with now and I’m talking with them probably once or twice a week.”

Regarding the Gators, Klubnik talks often with Dan Mullen, Garrick McGee and Tim Brewster: “They have the potential to be something great. I’m liking them a lot right now and it’s pretty cool learning about them more every day."

Regarding the local Longhorns where new coach Steve Sarkisian landed a pledge from touted signal-caller Maalik Murphy over the weekend: “They’re still saying they really like me and wanting me. They’ve still had a lot of communication and I’m still just learning more about it every day. I’m liking what they’ve done at Alabama the last couple years and I’ve done a couple Zooms watching ball with them and it’s been pretty cool to see their style of offense and their ability to take shots downfield and not be afraid to play to win.”

Regarding Clemson, which has yet to offer: “I like them a ton. We’ve had a good relationship since June. Definitely a really good relationship with them. I love their culture and their school and the people there. Just the consistency of success in the football program is one of the big things I look for and the people that drive it every day. I like it a ton and all aspects with them.”

Klubnik does not have a timetable for a college decision.

“I think when I know, I’ll kind of know,” Klubnik said, reiterating these are the top contenders for his signature. “I would say kind of these schools unless something new comes, I’m not sure anything would.”

Klubnik has 30 offers to date. He is tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the country's No. 6 pro-style passer and No. 155 prospect overall.

• Hook 'Em 2

(Ian Boyd) Inside the Gameplan: National recruiting strategy and the offensive line

Thus far into the 2022 recruiting class, Steve Sarkisian and his staff have made 12 scholarship offers to out of state recruits along the offensive line alone. The program has come quite a long way in 10 years since Mack Brown’s 2011 recruiting class, which ranked fourth in the country but included just one scholarship offer to an out of state offensive line recruit. Under Charlie Strong Texas looked a little more nationally, offering 11 out of state linemen in 2015 and five in 2016, but many of these were JUCO projects Joe Wickline had his eyes on.

Tom Herman’s staff offered 10 out of state offensive linemen in 2020 and then just seven in the infamous 2021 cycle in which Texas only signed two players to the unit and missed on the state’s best prospects. Texas hasn’t been staying in state because they’ve been loading up on the top Texan prospects either. In the last six recruiting cycles, here’s how 247 has ranked the top 5 players within the state and where those recruits have committed.

image.png

The year in which Texas fared best in terms of snatching up the top recruits was 2018, which 247 had as a down year for offensive line recruiting within the state. Texas also did well in 2016 to snatch up Pat Hudson and Jean Delance (in part because of Baylor’s collapse), but Hudson medically retired and Delance transferred to Florida, so it didn’t amount to anything.

In talent-rich years like 2017 and 2021 Texas was shut out from the top five recruits while firing their coaching staffs. This is all taking place in an era of National Recruiting within college football, in which the top programs are stockpiling elite athletes to man the trenches. Sam Cosmi is proof recruiting rankings are an imperfect proxy for measuring elite athleticism for college football players, but glancing at the rankings for Texas’ starting offensive line in 2020 contrasted with the lines for the four playoff teams is instructive.

image.png

Things are proceeding quite differently already in the Steve Sarkisian era. Coming from the Alabama program which fielded the strongest offensive line in the country and lured Ohio State into foolishly deploying a 4-4 stack defense trying to match them up front in the National Championship game, Sark and his staff understand what elite O-line recruiting can do for a program and are tweaking Texas’ model to aim for this standard.

Can Texas be a program with elite O-lines?

There’s only so many people on this planet with the genetic coding to become NFL-caliber athletes at 300 pounds or more. The players with the ability to bend and explode at 300 while also possessing the natural reach to make first contact and utilize favorable spacing and angles aren’t super common. Most programs can’t really expect to field elite offensive lines because the populations within their natural recruiting area don’t produce enough “dancing bears” to fill out their lines.

There are two ways to be an exception and fill out a line with elite players. One is to have a natural recruiting turf which produces a high number of monstrously big people. Wisconsin is the fun example here, their state is both rich in large people and often exclusively composed of Badger recruits due to the state’s relative geographic isolation from other programs. Now and again another Big 10 team will pull a blue chip O-lineman out of the state but the Badgers tend to get their own plus 1-2 lower ranked or even walk-on kids who end up growing into NFL players within the program.

The state of Texas produces a decent number of elite offensive linemen, as you can see from the numbers above. However it’s also a competitive territory with invaders from Oklahoma, LSU, and Alabama to say nothing of Texas A&M who will always be an obstacle to Longhorn aspirations of total recruiting dominance. To land 2-3 of the top five in a given year would be a real achievement.

The other method is via national recruiting, which is the model Alabama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame all employ. National recruiting requires a lot of infrastructure as well as a national brand. Texas has been working on the former since hiring Tom Herman and bringing over some Ohio State people to fill out Texas’ football department, the latter has been in place for a long time despite the frequent tarnishing done to the Longhorn image by their inability to win on the field. Texas is currently on track to attempt both methods.

Here’s a glimpse at the top five in Texas per 247 right now:

Devon Campbell: .9929
    Kelvin Banks: .9823
    Kam Dewberry: .9515
    PJ Williams: .9369
    Jaylen Early: .9211

Texas is in good or decent shape with the top three, A&M has already seen Williams commit, and Early seems to be a wildcard. Three of these top five are in the Houston area, where A&M is currently surging, and two are from DFW (Early, Campbell).

As you can tell from doing the math on how Texas would need to do in recruiting every year, filling out an offensive line with NFL caliber athletes at all five positions is extremely difficult. It’s not a goal many programs can realize and if it’s the standard for playoff contention (questionable) then it’s a really high bar. Sarkisian’s plan for a national recruiting strategy is not literal national recruiting but rather a focus on the West Coast. Here are the top five players out west in the class of 2022, per 247:

Earnest Green, Los Angeles, .9789
    Josh Conerly, Seattle, .9729
    Malik Agbo, Seattle, .9629
    Dave Iuli, Seattle, .9199
    George Maile, Utah, .8959

The top three all have Texas offers, we’ll see if they’re able to successfully sign any of them. If Texas can sign the two of the top five in Texas in a given year and one of the top five from the states west of Texas, they could be on track to match what Alabama has done in terms of fielding sheer talent along the offensive line. This sort of approach is definitely new for Texas. Back in the 2006 Rose Bowl, which connects elite recruiting, the West Coast, Texas, and Steve Sarkisian, the offensive lines involved were different from one another.

USC had blue-chippers at both tackle and both guard spots while center was manned by former 3-star Ryan Kalil, who’d go on to be drafted in the second round and make five Pro Bowl teams. Their 3-star O-lineman was probably the best athlete of the whole bunch and the blue-chippers flanking him were all drafted as well. Texas fielded just two blue chips for their 2005 line, bookend tackles Jonathan Scott and Justin Blalock.

The interior of Kasey Studdard, Lyle Sendlein, and Will Allen were all 3-stars, or in the case of Allen, recruited before star rankings were an established feature of the recruiting media market. Three of their five linemen would go on to be drafted, Scott, Blalock, and Studdard. When the Longhorns returned to the National Championship in 2009 their line was composed of even lower ranked athletes. The right side of Michael Huey and Kyle Hix were the only blue chips in the bunch and no one in the unit was drafted.

Historically, Texas hasn’t really been a program to win championships via elite O-line play. The 2005 unit is remembered fondly but they overmatched opponents with speed in the backfield and spread-option tactics to give them a plus one at the point of attack. They struggled to consistently move either the 2004 Michigan Wolverines or the 2005 USC Trojans (or the 2004 or 2005 Oklahoma Sooners) but beat them with speed at quarterback and running back. The 1969 and 1970 units similarly had a few All-SWC players up front but the wishbone scheme did a lot of the heavy lifting for the Horn run game.

You’ll struggle to find an era of Longhorn football where the offensive front and run game were powering championships, even if they were routinely on top of their local world in the Southwest Conference. Within the 21st century the best seasons by Texas running backs working as the feature of the offense (2003 with Ced Benson, 2007 with Jamaal Charles, 2016 with D’Onta Foreman) were amongst some of the more disappointing seasons for the team.

So while you can work out how Texas could theoretically leverage in-state talent and the Longhorn brand to be another Alabama, Georgia, or Ohio State who field entire units of future pros up front, it’s not something we’ve seen before on the 40 Acres.

What does the future hold for Texas football’s offensive fronts?

Alabama was smoking people in 2020 with the capacity of their offensive line to execute a fairly wide variety of schemes in the run game and to generate endless time for play-action shots in the passing game. This was partly due to the experience level of the unit but also the relative athleticism of its members. Whereas a typical Big 12 offensive line is often hoping to be proficient at covering opponents up with inside zone and maybe have a gap scheme or outside zone scheme to mix things up, the Tide had high enough caliber athletes to realistically be effective executing a diverse array of schemes. Here’s how Texas looks for 2021 along the offensive line with 247 rankings again as an imperfect proxy for relative athleticism.

Left tackle: Andrej Karic/.8918
Left guard: Junior Angilau/.9458
Center: Jake Majors/.9218
Right guard: Denzel Okafor/.9045
Right tackle: Christian Jones/.8647

Alternates: Tyler Johnson/.9722, Isaiah Hookfin/.9084.

This is actually a step up from recent seasons. The Alamo Bowl already made plain Jake Majors, Andrej Karic, Christian Jones, and Tyler Johnson may not have the power and skill to control and drive opponents off the ball on inside zone but they do have the agility to crease teams moving laterally on outside zone. Indeed between the late season tweak of fielding the youngsters and giving Bijan Robinson more carries, Texas’ run game was pretty devastating by the end of the year. What will they be capable of after another offseason of strength and conditioning and instruction from new coach Kyle Flood? We’ll have to wait and find out, just as we will to see whether Sark’s staff can recruit at a level comparable to Ohio State or Alabama along the offensive line.

Another interesting question to consider is what will happen to the Sarkisian era if they cannot recruit at that level along the line. What if Texas doesn’t fill out their roster with enough talent to be able to start players with NFL athleticism across all five positions on the line?

Clemson is the exception to the other playoff teams above because they didn’t have an overpowering offensive line. The Tigers were defeated this season but the years in which they won also included lower ranked members across their offensive lines. The reason Clemson has won two championships and virtually never miss the playoffs is their philosophical approach to the game. Dabo Swinney’s Tigers aren’t trying to win games in the trenches, they beat opponents on the perimeter.

Deshaun Watson beat Alabama operating from four and five-wide sets throwing to NFL wideouts next to a flex tight end in Jordan Leggett and precise slot receiver Hunter Renfrow. Trevor Lawrence did it throwing to Justyn Ross and Tee Higgins. Dabo would lean on Travis Etienne and spread spacing to muscle and run through the ACC but the Tigers weren’t good enough up front to win against Notre Dame or Alabama. They certainly weren’t athletic and physical enough to win by such big margins as they managed in the 2018 run, but they didn’t have to be.

If Texas cannot join the ranks of the elite in terms of fielding professional level offensive lines, they’ll need to be able to adjust to lean on strengths and advantages which do come more naturally to the Longhorns. Such as having unlimited access to highly skilled quarterbacks and receivers every year. Watch for this dynamic in the Sarkisian era, first if he can transform Texas into a national recruiting heavyweight and secondly if he can pivot or otherwise maximize existing Longhorn advantages in terms of fielding highly skilled products from the in-state high schools. The class of 2022 should reveal a lot about what’s in store for this new era of Texas football.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

(Ian Boyd) Inside the Gameplan: National recruiting strategy and the offensive line

Hahahhaahahaha. Just outstanding. How that guy can take two things I love, cfb and recruiting, and turn them into absolute snoozers with one long-winded post, is scary. Keep that guy away from SOs, kids and pets before he turns us all into sociopathic quilt-makers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Retweeted Murphy's commitment, and Banks is following. And has a hell of a name.

https://247sports.com/player/arlis-boardingham-46081164/

We really need updated combine measurements lol. Probably not going to happen in Cali anytime soon, but they had already started to hold some camps in the Midwest before the weather turned south

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

STEVE WILTFONG

Top contenders are beginning to emerge for Austin (Texas) Westlake Top247 2022 quarterback Cade Klubnik.

“I’m still taking my time and learning a lot more about schools every day,” Klubnik told 247Sports before going in on the programs coming at him the hardest. “I would say North Carolina, Florida and then Texas pretty hard and then Clemson, too.”

As a junior, the 6-foot-2 1/2, 178-pound Klubnik threw for 3,495 yards and 35 touchdowns with another 583 rushing yards and 15 more scores in leading his team to a state championship in the Lone Star State’s largest class. The four-star prospect elaborated on the programs mentioned.

Regarding the Tar Heels: “I think they've got a ton of potential coming up in the next few years. What they’ve done the past few years with Coach (Mack) Brown I think it’s pretty cool and pretty promising what they can do in the future. Coach (Phil) Longo and Coach Brown I’m definitely pretty close with now and I’m talking with them probably once or twice a week.”

Regarding the Gators, Klubnik talks often with Dan Mullen, Garrick McGee and Tim Brewster: “They have the potential to be something great. I’m liking them a lot right now and it’s pretty cool learning about them more every day."

Regarding the local Longhorns where new coach Steve Sarkisian landed a pledge from touted signal-caller Maalik Murphy over the weekend: “They’re still saying they really like me and wanting me. They’ve still had a lot of communication and I’m still just learning more about it every day. I’m liking what they’ve done at Alabama the last couple years and I’ve done a couple Zooms watching ball with them and it’s been pretty cool to see their style of offense and their ability to take shots downfield and not be afraid to play to win.”

Regarding Clemson, which has yet to offer: “I like them a ton. We’ve had a good relationship since June. Definitely a really good relationship with them. I love their culture and their school and the people there. Just the consistency of success in the football program is one of the big things I look for and the people that drive it every day. I like it a ton and all aspects with them.”

“I think when I know, I’ll kind of know,” Klubnik said, reiterating these are the top contenders for his signature. “I would say kind of these schools unless something new comes, I’m not sure anything would.”

Klubnik has 30 offers to date. He is tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the country's No. 6 pro-style passer and No. 155 prospect overall.

If he doesn’t come here, I’d love to see him go to Mack at North CAarolina.

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahhaahahaha. Just outstanding. How that guy can take two things I love, cfb and recruiting, and turn them into absolute snoozers with one long-winded post, is scary. Keep that guy away from SOs, kids and pets before he turns us all into sociopathic quilt-makers. 

I always find that I start reading, and by about the third paragraph I'm thinking about my work, or what I need from the grocery store or something. I rarely make it to the end. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am honestly shocked that IT doesn’t tell him to calm the fuck down. There can’t be people that actually read his entire posts right? I can barely make it through a paragraph. I don’t even attempt to even start reading his shit anymore

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I am honestly shocked that IT doesn’t tell him to calm the fuck down. There can’t be people that actually read his entire posts right? I can barely make it through a paragraph. I don’t even attempt to even start reading his shit anymore

i like his schematic stuff, but man. recruiting is NOT his strong point and it's even more clear after they added GH over there.

when you are a worse recruiting writer than EJ, it's time to hang them up

IT Recruiting Matters: Thursday

Spoiler

TE Jason Llewellyn, Aledo
The 6-5, 242-pound TE says he is checking on the student visit to Austin this weekend, but obviously it's unlikely. His decision timeline could certainly be moved up due to dead period being extended until end of May. He still wants to make student visits to colleges in Texas and Oklahoma prior to deciding, ideally.

S Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo
The extension of the dead period doesn't impact the 6-0, 190-pound instinctive safety. He plans to make a decision prior to his senior season with Texas and Oklahoma being the two schools he's talking to the most.

CB/N/S Terrance Brooks, John Paul II
The Brooks family plans on making student visits to schools starting in March. The goal is for the 5-11, 185-pound versatile defensive back to gain a better feel for the environment and cities/surrounding areas so he can make the most informed decision as possible. The major players remain Texas, Notre Dame, Alabama, Stanford and Texas A&M.

CB/N/S Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
The Anderson family has lightly talked about a timeline potentially moving up due to the dead period being extended. Anderson's nights consist of college coaches calling until 10-10:30pm right now. Texas continues to be the trending school with Texas A&M running second.

OL Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake
The 6-4, 295-pound OG prospect will likely use spring break to make some student visits with schools in North Carolina and possibly California. Robertson is not sure if the extension of the dead period will affect his decision making timeline.

LB Kip Lewis, Carthage
The latest Carthaginian with a Texas offer just recently saw his stock take off. As the process begins, Texas is in a secondary group but not entirely out of it. His favorite school growing up, LSU, isn’t in the best shape, and he wants to study business. LSU, A&M, and OU, are mentioned the most but there may be a pathway for UT to make some noise. A scenario to watch is his twin sister is a volleyball prospect to some degree. The coaches will likely get a visit if they press, in large part thanks to Kelvontay Dixon.

OT Neto Umeozulu, Allen
Not much new on the 6-foot-5, 300-pounder, other than his top schools right now from a source ... Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Texas, Baylor and Oklahoma.

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, satyanash said:

We really need updated combine measurements lol. Probably not going to happen in Cali anytime soon, but they had already started to hold some camps in the Midwest before the weather turned south

West Coast UA event will probably be in Phoenix. 

18 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

In total transparency, these days I only click on the spoiler function in order to see how comically long his opus is, and then laugh accordingly. I haven’t read a word of his stuff in years. There could be absolute gold in there and I’d miss it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In total transparency, these days I only click on the spoiler function in order to see how comically long his opus is, and then laugh accordingly. I haven’t read a word of his stuff in years. There could be absolute gold in there and I’d miss it. 

Who would, that's why I am surprised the IT folks haven't stopped or at least curtailed his long windedness

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT Recruiting Matters: Thursday

Reveal hidden contents

TE Jason Llewellyn, Aledo
The 6-5, 242-pound TE says he is checking on the student visit to Austin this weekend, but obviously it's unlikely. His decision timeline could certainly be moved up due to dead period being extended until end of May. He still wants to make student visits to colleges in Texas and Oklahoma prior to deciding, ideally.

S Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo
The extension of the dead period doesn't impact the 6-0, 190-pound instinctive safety. He plans to make a decision prior to his senior season with Texas and Oklahoma being the two schools he's talking to the most.

CB/N/S Terrance Brooks, John Paul II
The Brooks family plans on making student visits to schools starting in March. The goal is for the 5-11, 185-pound versatile defensive back to gain a better feel for the environment and cities/surrounding areas so he can make the most informed decision as possible. The major players remain Texas, Notre Dame, Alabama, Stanford and Texas A&M.

CB/N/S Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
The Anderson family has lightly talked about a timeline potentially moving up due to the dead period being extended. Anderson's nights consist of college coaches calling until 10-10:30pm right now. Texas continues to be the trending school with Texas A&M running second.

OL Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake
The 6-4, 295-pound OG prospect will likely use spring break to make some student visits with schools in North Carolina and possibly California. Robertson is not sure if the extension of the dead period will affect his decision making timeline.

LB Kip Lewis, Carthage
The latest Carthaginian with a Texas offer just recently saw his stock take off. As the process begins, Texas is in a secondary group but not entirely out of it. His favorite school growing up, LSU, isn’t in the best shape, and he wants to study business. LSU, A&M, and OU, are mentioned the most but there may be a pathway for UT to make some noise. A scenario to watch is his twin sister is a volleyball prospect to some degree. The coaches will likely get a visit if they press, in large part thanks to Kelvontay Dixon.

OT Neto Umeozulu, Allen
Not much new on the 6-foot-5, 300-pounder, other than his top schools right now from a source ... Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Texas, Baylor and Oklahoma.

Some folks do not feel good about Brooks going anywhere but Alabama now that they've keyed in on him. His dad knows the drill and talking points. 

Allen, Anderson and Hullaby could be your safety class if the chips fall right. It's looking like Texas could take 6 if they're the right 6, so someone like Hyphen could still be in the mix, or a 3rd CB. 

No read on Neto, so all of those schools are candidates, apparently. If this guy is of Nigerian descent, Texas should have a great case to make with all of the success they've had with those guys over the years, Ossai included. I'm not an expert on country-specific naming conventions from the African continent, so don't katfid me if the guy's family is from somewhere other than Nigeria. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Some folks do not feel good about Brooks going anywhere but Alabama now that they've keyed in on him. His dad knows the drill and talking points. 

Allen, Anderson and Hullaby could be your safety class if the chips fall right. It's looking like Texas could take 6 if they're the right 6, so someone like Hyphen could still be in the mix, or a 3rd CB. 

No read on Neto, so all of those schools are candidates, apparently. If this guy is of Nigerian descent, Texas should have a great case to make with all of the success they've had with those guys over the years, Ossai included. I'm not an expert on country-specific naming conventions from the African continent, so don't katfid me if the guy's family is from somewhere other than Nigeria. 

Is Anderson being recruited as a safety? I think one 9.95 group was saying CB, but I could be mixing up players

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

STEVE WILTFONG

Can't wait for the inevitable Wescott headline "Klubnik picks X over Texas, others" when he goes somewhere else because we landed Murphy.

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

Is Anderson being recruited as a safety? I think one 9.95 group was saying CB, but I could be mixing up players

Safety, as far as I know. 

Cornerback is an interesting discussion for this class. It's a fucking loaded class across the state at basically every position, which is crazy. CB is no different. Harris is a 5 star guy. The dude already on board whose name I am forgetting is pretty fucking good given that the new staff wants to keep him and damned near everyone has tried to poach him. That would be two excellent takes. So who else is out there?

Jordan - Has Texas reoffered? Haven't heard much chatter on him being interested or a big target for the staff.

Domani Jackson - Committed to USC but attends Mater Dei. I assume with guys like this that they'll ride or die with USC, but maybe a dumpster fire at SC in 2021 gives us a shot. The new staff has talked to him, I think more than once.

Who else?

CB seems like a spot that will have more depth of candidates once camps happen and more HS football is played and coaches can travel. It's also a position where guys can legitimately come on in their senior season out of nowhere and be good enough for an offer from anywhere. 

Nonetheless, for my money, I hope they soon go all-in on my homeboy Ephesians Prysock. That has to be one of the best names of all time. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Ephesians-Prysock-46081223/

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Did he fall down too?

I don’t know if it was so much falling down but more of a Tourette‘s-like reaction - the gun sounded and he cussed and convulsed before getting started.

Edited by Bevo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I always find that I start reading, and by about the third paragraph I'm thinking about my work, or what I need from the grocery store or something. I rarely make it to the end. 

Life Pro Tip: Don't even start reading. 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i like his schematic stuff, but man. recruiting is NOT his strong point and it's even more clear after they added GH over there.

when you are a worse recruiting writer than EJ, it's time to hang them up

Wut. His schematic stuff is wrong half the time while he's missing the forest for the trees the other half, and it's excruciatingly boring for both halves.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

After a brief google, Umeozulu does appear to be Nigerian. Or at least in common use there.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The '21 DT that pushed past signing day. Was expected to land at fOSU

https://247sports.com/Player/JT-Tuimoloau-46048440/

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

https://247sports.com/Player/JT-Tuimoloau-46048440/

He still hasn't committed yet - appears Saban 11th houred his ass. 

Maybe Pete can 12th hour his ass.

Image result for pete kwiatkowski

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sorry, who is JT? And yes, apparently Bama is fully interested in Brooks.

I’m probably gonna feel like a dumbass but who’s the brooks kid? I usually keep up pretty good and I don’t even remember hearing that name

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Whatever you say, klosetojumpingcid

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting