Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

So you think that Glasscock is a top tier DPP? Please, expound. Please. 

More a comment on your consistent negativity. Considering we now have the #1 recruits in the state of Texas at two positions you continue to criticize Sark for not making a coaching change maybe take a breath and be happy.

• Hook 'Em 9

QB Murphy 

RB Blue

RB Miller

WR Winfield

WR Stewart

WR Coleman

WR Williams

OL Banks

OL Dewberry

OL Campbell

OL Robertson

DL Ross

DL Wesolak

DL Abor

LB Johnson

LB Tuihalamaka

DB Guilbeau

DB Harris

DB Anderson

DB Allen

DB Hullaby

DB Brooks

I can say I confidently have no feel on DL/LB recruiting based off info here, twittersphere, and that I don’t know what I’m talking about anyway, but this would be best guess at the end of the road.  Some reaches (Coleman, Tui, Wesolak/Brooks have been trending elsewhere).  Maybe add a 2nd QB late, an OL/DL or 2 always come around late as well. However what a fucking class this would be. 

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I watched a movie last night called "Freaky" in which, for a portion of the movie, Vince Vaughn is running around wearing an Aaron Rodgers mask. Ryan Day's real face actually kind of looks like that kind of mask. Fun movie, btw. Reminded me of the first Scream.

In the same way that the Michael Myers (yeah baby!) mask from Halloween is a William shatner mask.

8 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I just talked to one of the staff members on the Westlake football team that works with Klubnik.  Said he’s not a fan of him.  Said he doesn’t work hard in the weight room and practice and that he’d be a poor leader for whichever school signs him.  Called him a “pretty boy” and said he wasn’t tough.  The same guy was on a support staff at a big 12 school for a few years.  

I was surprised to hear that.  Figured he’d be full of praise considering they just won the title.  

Figured I’d drop that in here.

Seems like he is still considered a take by the coaching staff going purely off the fact that they are still actively recruiting him. If we're assuming Ewers stays gone (not guaranteed), I think Klubnik would be a good QB2 take, but how would that potentially affect Nelson/Manning in 2023?

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I watched a movie last night called "Freaky" in which, for a portion of the movie, Vince Vaughn is running around wearing an Aaron Rodgers mask. Ryan Day's real face actually kind of looks like that kind of mask. Fun movie, btw. Reminded me of the first Scream.

try watching Happy Death Day if you haven't seen it yet. Same people made both and they actually might crossover eventually

6 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Seems like he is still considered a take by the coaching staff going purely off the fact that they are still actively recruiting him. If we're assuming Ewers stays gone (not guaranteed), I think Klubnik would be a good QB2 take, but how would that potentially affect Nelson/Manning in 2023?

Does your opinion change at all if we find out that the staff didn't call in and let Klubnik know that they were taking another QB's commitment?

Just now, maninblack said:

More a comment on your consistent negativity. Considering we now have the #1 recruits in the state of Texas at two positions you continue to criticize Sark for not making a coaching change maybe take a breath and be happy.

Let me help you out real quick ....   

Click here ... https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/forum/2-football/   or head back to the warm embrace of IT https://insidetexas.com/forums/

If you need a constant blast of sunshine shoved up your ass one of these two places will be much more your speed. You'll be happier as will I. 

Texas finally hired a DPP and he's a meathead and certainly not a top tier DPP. Before you go all "Wiltfong says..." note that the reason Wiltfong says it is not because it's true but because this guy is a conduit of information for him and his job lies in said information. Glasscock is a JAG and indicative that Texas isn't willing to make the moves to build in the Bama way or committed to hiring the best and brightest, nor are they looking for new paradigms. It's more disappointing because several of the coaching hires are guys that have questionable eval skills so to me the DPP and RC are hyper critical. Recruiting and grabbing guys in the top 247 is the "easy" part of the job, the DPP and his staff need to be ensuring that the bottom 8 guys in each class are better evals than our competition. That our secondary and tertiary choices are capable of landing on the 2-deep and contributing if we miss on our first options. It's a fucking meh hire. 

My expectations for Texas are to compete at an elite level, this hire is not a top tier hire. If you are happy with it - good for you - that's your expectation level. 

for me - this sums it up

CheeryCheerfulLamb-small.gif

I am amped as fuck that we landed Stewart and Blue. I am amped that the 2022 class is going to be really fucking good across the board. I also make a point to be realistic, for instance Stan Drayton is fucking terrible at his job and I've been saying this since what 2018? maybe even earlier, probably late in the 2017 season. That doesn't mean I don't love Bijan, Roshcon, et al and it doesn't mean that I changed my donation level or season tickets. (CDC's continued employment will very much change any paltry contributions that I do make because he's fucking terrible).

You can very much love the Longhorns and hate some of the coaches, players, hires, etc ... 

• Hook 'Em 6

40 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You’re goddamn right. The only thing more obvious would be if this motherfucker wore a Sandusky jersey and carried a whistle with Rape etched on it followed by a smiley face emoji. Look at this beady-eyed,  rat faced kiddie diddler:

image.jpeg.a447151391aa18aa9ffc14890f6d096a.jpeg

Ryan Day has fucked more kids than the public school system in Baltimore. 

Thats brutal. Keep up the great work.😆

14 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

QB Murphy 

RB Blue

RB Miller

WR Winfield

WR Stewart

WR Coleman

WR Williams

OL Banks

OL Dewberry

OL Campbell

OL Robertson

DL Ross

DL Wesolak

DL Abor

LB Johnson

LB Tuihalamaka

DB Guilbeau

DB Harris

DB Anderson

DB Allen

DB Hullaby

DB Brooks

I can say I confidently have no feel on DL/LB recruiting based off info here, twittersphere, and that I don’t know what I’m talking about anyway, but this would be best guess at the end of the road.  Some reaches (Coleman, Tui, Wesolak/Brooks have been trending elsewhere).  Maybe add a 2nd QB late, an OL/DL or 2 always come around late as well. However what a fucking class this would be. 

I like this kind of exercise, so I'll play. 

QB 2 - Murphy and high floor guy in Texas that is being recruited by ULaLa, UTSA, Troy and the like. 

TB 2 - Blue and Miller

WR 4 - Winfield, Stewart, Thompson, Williams

TE 1 - a rando find from Texas

OT 2 - Neto, Banks

OT/OG 1 - Ernest Greene

OG 1 - Campbell

OG/C 1 - Robertson

DT 2 - Ross, Lucas

DE 2 - Swanson, Cooper

LB 3 - Johnson, Tuihalamaka, Lewis

CB 3 - Guilbeau, Harris, late find guy

S 3 - Anderson, Allen, Hullaby

That's 27. I'm sure if it is all still amazeballs recruiting because Texas is suddenly winning 10+ the list improves and another WR is added. Pretty sure this would be a top 5-6 class. 

Normally when I go back later and find these predictions, they're like 60-70% right unless all hell broke loose and there's regime change.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Other than the use of the ASLI love you symbol instead of the hookem, I’m starting to get “fully armed and operational battle station” vibes. Forcing them down for now. 

At this point I think we can reasonably say:

1. We've pretty quickly shaken the Herman stench from the program that caused the bottom to fall out of recruiting (Ewers/Bowman/the Brocks/pretty much every OL ever)

2. If Jimbo (and whoever else's) strategy was to pressure guys to commit and fill out their classes with the top guys before the Texas staff was able to get organized and build momentum, it didn't work.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Let me help you out real quick ....   

Click here ... https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/forum/2-football/   or head back to the warm embrace of IT https://insidetexas.com/forums/

If you need a constant blast of sunshine shoved up your ass one of these two places will be much more your speed. You'll be happier as will I. 

Texas finally hired a DPP and he's a meathead and certainly not a top tier DPP. Before you go all "Wiltfong says..." note that the reason Wiltfong says it is not because it's true but because this guy is a conduit of information for him and his job lies in said information. Glasscock is a JAG and indicative that Texas isn't willing to make the moves to build in the Bama way or committed to hiring the best and brightest, nor are they looking for new paradigms. It's more disappointing because several of the coaching hires are guys that have questionable eval skills so to me the DPP and RC are hyper critical. Recruiting and grabbing guys in the top 247 is the "easy" part of the job, the DPP and his staff need to be ensuring that the bottom 8 guys in each class are better evals than our competition. That our secondary and tertiary choices are capable of landing on the 2-deep and contributing if we miss on our first options. It's a fucking meh hire. 

My expectations for Texas are to compete at an elite level, this hire is not a top tier hire. If you are happy with it - good for you - that's your expectation level. 

for me - this sums it up

CheeryCheerfulLamb-small.gif

I am amped as fuck that we landed Stewart and Blue. I am amped that the 2022 class is going to be really fucking good across the board. I also make a point to be realistic, for instance Stan Drayton is fucking terrible at his job and I've been saying this since what 2018? maybe even earlier, probably late in the 2017 season. That doesn't mean I don't love Bijan, Roshcon, et al and it doesn't mean that I changed my donation level or season tickets. (CDC's continued employment will very much change any paltry contributions that I do make because he's fucking terrible).

You can very much love the Longhorns and hate some of the coaches, players, hires, etc ... 

But other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

QB 2 - Murphy and high floor guy in Texas that is being recruited by ULaLa, UTSA, Troy and the like.

I agree and I keep trying to find that kind of guy in state, at the end of the day I think it's going to have to be a late riser because guys like Hoover and Evers are getting some huge attention and offers. It does make me wonder if Braedyn Locke might get a look. His size is going to be his knock for most everyone but for a QB2 guy - he's got incredible production (92 TDs and 7500 yards as a FR/SO) and plays for a team that has won a lot of football games. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Braedyn-Locke-46093750/

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I like this kind of exercise, so I'll play. 

TB 2 - Blue and Miller

WR 4 - Winfield, Stewart, Thompson, Williams

TE 1 - a rando find from Texas

OT 2 - Neto, Banks

OT/OG 1 - Ernest Greene

OG 1 - Campbell

OG/C 1 - Robertson

DT 2 - Ross, Lucas

DE 2 - Swanson, Cooper

LB 3 - Johnson, Tuihalamaka, Lewis

CB 3 - Guilbeau, Harris, late find guy

S 3 - Anderson, Allen, Hullaby

That's 27. I'm sure if it is all still amazeballs recruiting because Texas is suddenly winning 10+ the list improves and another WR is added. Pretty sure this would be a top 5-6 class. 

Normally when I go back later and find these predictions, they're like 60-70% right unless all hell broke loose and there's regime change.

Thought Anderson said we are recruiting him as a cb. Also, with wright and the walk on kid from 2021 do we really need a floor setting qb2 this cycle?

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Could Phaizon play TE? He's tall enough and calls himself a "22 ATH" on his twitter. Would need to bulk up obviously. I'd be surprised if we took him as a WR now but maybe TE

His Twitter is full of Maalik/UT lately and he's saying some announcement is coming

Malcolm Epps, imo

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Didn't we fill this need sufficiently well with Wright and Lourd this class? 

In the ideal scenario: Thompson wins the job this year, plays lights out. Thompson gets drafted in '22 or '23. Card, Wright, Lourd, Murphy for '22 +/- Thompson. 

Less ideal scenario: Card wins the job, Thompson transfers. Card, Wright, Lourd, Murphy for '22.  

No matter what, Card has at least three years of eligibility in '22 and you have 4 bodies in the room for the foreseeable future, barring transfers. Wright is for sure a 5-year guy. Why not use the '22 recruiting spot on another position instead of taking a Lourd replacement?

For transfer purposes I do like the idea of taking two-person classes with a 5/4-star and a high floor guy, rather than two 5/4-stars.

52 minutes ago, cdain3 said:
55 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Id take him as a TE.

47 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
55 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:
SIAP  

Has he been re-offered?

47 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Probably not, unless it went completely unreported, including by Phaizon himself.

46 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Not that I know of, at least not publicly. The only coach that follows him is Bo Davis, but his HC is in Austin now so id assume hes committing to us again.

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Could Phaizon play TE? He's tall enough and calls himself a "22 ATH" on his twitter. Would need to bulk up obviously. I'd be surprised if we took him as a WR now but maybe TE

His Twitter is full of Maalik/UT lately and he's saying some announcement is coming

I guess who the fuck knows with a new staff, but the word is that he doesn't have a committable offer. Also, regarding his coach being in Austin now, I'm pretty sure he got kicked off the Lancaster team by Gilbert and is now at SOC. Should be interesting, I guess.

@closetojumping Isn't blueshirt QB Cole Lourd technically the QB2 for the '22 recruiting class? Or expect 2 QB classes from here on out?

'21 QB room: Casey Thompson, Hudson Card, Charles Wright, Cole Lourd (blueshirt)

'22 QB room: Casey Thompson, Hudson Card, Charles Wright, Cole Lourd, Maalik Murphy, and '22 QB2?

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 1

247 writers may be getting pantsed by this class. Nick Harris 10 min ago - 

Not expecting any target to pop this weekend aside from Hullaby. Phaizon’s announcement will be a top schools and I don’t expect Texas to be on that list. There’s more to his recruitment that we probably won’t be able to get at until after signing day.

• Haha 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting