Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

...Glasscock called becoming Minnesota’s head of recruiting “a tremendous leap in my career. I had done about everything you could do in football. I had done so many things I felt like I was the right guy to hire.”

Named by national recruiting analyst Tom Lemming as one of the five national directors of operations of the year in 2014, Glasscock oversees the Gophers’ recruiting staff and coordinates official visits and walk-on recruiting.

“Recruiting departments have exploded, and I was fortunate enough to be in on the beginning of it,” he said. “You can watch thousands of kids without leaving your desk. We watch 15,000 to 18,000 kids for every recruiting class to sign 22 of them. You better have a lot of guys doing that.”

Glasscock and the Gophers take pride in finding the diamonds in the rough. Of the 44 players currently on Minnesota’s two deep depth chart, the Gophers were the only school among the Power Five conferences to even offer a scholarship to 34 of them.

“We don’t get caught up in what everybody else is doing. I don’t need anybody to validate my decision,” said Glasscock. “Of the 2015 active NFL rosters, 33 percent did not play in Power Five conferences. We want to live in that 33 percent world. We would rather be in recruiting battles we’re going to dominate instead of fighting the whole Big Ten.”

Glasscock, and by extension the entire Minnesota coaching staff, place heavy emphasis on film evaluation.

“The kid has to be productive on film,” he said. “A lot of people get caught up in measureables. But the one measureable we want all the time is to verify the ability to run. We’ll take a kid a little smaller, but he’s got to be able to run.”

Tracy Claeys, who took over as Minnesota coach in November 2015 after Kill resigned for health reasons, believes Glasscock has done a tremendous job with social media and organizing recruits’ official visits.

“You’ve got to be highly organized to get the right kid and the right info in a hurry,” Claeys said. “He’s done a fabulous job on campus visits getting kids in front of the right people and places we want them to see in the Twin Cities.”

While enjoying the many challenges of his current position, Glasscock admits he “would like to work my way back on the field (as an assistant coach). I definitely miss that part.

“But the positive is the experiences I’ve gotten I never would have learned if I hadn’t left the field. I understand relationships better and the importance of being thorough in your work. I have a much larger view of things.”

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/leap-of-faith-leads-bhs-grad-glasscock-to-recruiting-post-at-minnesota/article_8f99df4d-5b21-57d3-a23a-dc2fa30066a0.html

• Hook 'Em 3

...Glasscock called becoming Minnesota’s head of recruiting “a tremendous leap in my career. I had done about everything you could do in football. I had done so many things I felt like I was the right guy to hire.”

Named by national recruiting analyst Tom Lemming as one of the five national directors of operations of the year in 2014, Glasscock oversees the Gophers’ recruiting staff and coordinates official visits and walk-on recruiting.

“Recruiting departments have exploded, and I was fortunate enough to be in on the beginning of it,” he said. “You can watch thousands of kids without leaving your desk. We watch 15,000 to 18,000 kids for every recruiting class to sign 22 of them. You better have a lot of guys doing that.”

Glasscock and the Gophers take pride in finding the diamonds in the rough. Of the 44 players currently on Minnesota’s two deep depth chart, the Gophers were the only school among the Power Five conferences to even offer a scholarship to 34 of them.

“We don’t get caught up in what everybody else is doing. I don’t need anybody to validate my decision,” said Glasscock. “Of the 2015 active NFL rosters, 33 percent did not play in Power Five conferences. We want to live in that 33 percent world. We would rather be in recruiting battles we’re going to dominate instead of fighting the whole Big Ten.”

Glasscock, and by extension the entire Minnesota coaching staff, place heavy emphasis on film evaluation.

“The kid has to be productive on film,” he said. “A lot of people get caught up in measureables. But the one measureable we want all the time is to verify the ability to run. We’ll take a kid a little smaller, but he’s got to be able to run.”

Tracy Claeys, who took over as Minnesota coach in November 2015 after Kill resigned for health reasons, believes Glasscock has done a tremendous job with social media and organizing recruits’ official visits.

“You’ve got to be highly organized to get the right kid and the right info in a hurry,” Claeys said. “He’s done a fabulous job on campus visits getting kids in front of the right people and places we want them to see in the Twin Cities.”

While enjoying the many challenges of his current position, Glasscock admits he “would like to work my way back on the field (as an assistant coach). I definitely miss that part.

“But the positive is the experiences I’ve gotten I never would have learned if I hadn’t left the field. I understand relationships better and the importance of being thorough in your work. I have a much larger view of things.”

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/leap-of-faith-leads-bhs-grad-glasscock-to-recruiting-post-at-minnesota/article_8f99df4d-5b21-57d3-a23a-dc2fa30066a0.html

“...at Minnesota 5 years ago”

1 hour ago, MoJames said:
1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:
PJ Tucker would have been one hell of a TE.

If he could've played class, that is. I'll take Damion James.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Too tall.  6’5” is the right height.  But I like the thought.  James Thomas would be on the list as well.

I'll take Chris Ogden or Kris Clack

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Tree fiddy.

image.thumb.png.8731582a77384216384dd293ddb5ce15.png

Pretty sure Campbell is the only one of our OL targets that’s a 5 star and he’s been thought to be a UT lean for a while, but recruits sometimes just throw the term around. Seems like it’s either Campbell or Banks. Either way, yes please. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

Just now, Okcool said:

Why does Dewberry recruitment remind me of this guy? 

DAE53E75-33A3-4F05-9921-A63A08E62688.jpeg

Dewberry seems to have a stable home life and goes to a high school program that consistently produces good P5 recruits, especially at OL. He's just a bit of a drama queen and easily moved by his friends.

Shepherd had none of that.

• Hook 'Em 5

14 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Tree fiddy.

Lol that Fucking guy. He is the most insufferable poster I’ve ever come across. Bar none, including the murderers row on here. I’ve never muted a poster on any site but I absolutely had to mute him on that stupid 247 subscription I have (worst $25 I’ve ever spent, thanks Black Friday). I would rather watch Futureman smoke crack and explain to me the inner workings of fisting yourself for 6 hours than read any posts where that guy is commenting on. Tyrone Swoops, if you read this just know, I will fucking fight you

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Lol that Fucking guy. He is the most insufferable poster I’ve ever come across. Bar none, including the murderers row on here. I’ve never muted a poster on any site but I absolutely had to mute him on that stupid 247 subscription I have (worst $25 I’ve ever spent, thanks Black Friday). I would rather watch Futureman smoke crack and explain to me the inner workings of fisting yourself for 6 hours than read any posts where that guy is commenting on. Tyrone Swoops, if you read this just know, I will fucking fight you

who was the guy that used his real name on the site, roe garza or something, dude was a serious moron.

3 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

who was the guy that used his real name on the site, roe garza or something, dude was a serious moron.

We've had a few threads where we recall the worst posters, and somehow nobody ever bringa up 13-0_Branding_Iron. I find it hard to believe that anyone could possibly be worse. 

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Honestly, as long as the guy didn't make it up, was just interested in what he reported.

Hey - if you don't mind - it was $25 for ... how long?

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Mike at Night: Some weekend buzz before Pylon 7v7 Bullhead City

Spoiler

Mike at Night: Some weekend buzz before Pylon 7v7 Bullhead City

MikeRoach

— I was able to see Las Vegas (NV.) Desert Pines running back Jovantae Barnes workout today. The four-star prospect holds over 30 offers including one from Texas. The Longhorns are pursuing Barnes to join Jaydon Blue who is already in the class. Barnes said he has a strong relationship with Stan Drayton and the two connect on a deep level. Barnes also used to live in Rowlett and is familiar with the state of Texas. While the Longhorns appear to be in the race, it's tough to say they are at the front. From talking to him, Oklahoma, Florida and USC seem to be the schools he speaks most glowingly about. He plans to take his time with the process and hopes to take some visits if they open up this spring.

— Four-star wide receiver Phaizon Wilson tweeted today that he had an announcement. The former Texas commit has been playing 7v7 with Maalik Murphy and will play with him again this weekend. I expect the announcement to be a list of top schools, and I don't think Texas will be in the picture there. Both sides have gone their own way.

— I exchanged a few messages with four-star Austin Westlake quarterback Cade Klubnik today. He said the Texas staff is still in contact with him, and there has been some talk about possibly taking two quarterbacks in this class. Klubnik didn't rule out joining a two-man class and said that Texas would remain a possibility for him. I believe he will ultimately end up elsewhere, but the Longhorns are keeping the lines of communication open.

— Evan Stewart won't make it to Pylon 7v7 in Bullhead City this weekend. He was originally scheduled to come out but canceled his trip. Texas commits Maalik Murphy, Jaylon Guilbeau and Jaydon Blue will all be in action along with Texas targets Kevin Coleman, C.J. Williams, Larry Turner-Gooden, Malachi Nelson and several others. I'm on the scene and will have full coverage over the next two days along with Brandon Huffman and Greg Biggins of our 247Sports national team.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Tree fiddy.

21 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Banks is basically a 5*. 

19 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Pretty sure Campbell is the only one of our OL targets that’s a 5 star and he’s been thought to be a UT lean for a while. Yes please. 

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Campbell is a 5 star and is a consensus Texas lean.

Dewberry is the least likely of the three be smarter.

Banks could drop any day and is close enough to 5 star that any idiot hearing a vague rumor could claim it’s him. 

Campbell’s team will follow a process unless he simply breaks down and has had enough with the bullshit. This one isn’t dirty. It’s corona. They would have liked to have visited places to justify a decision and be done with it. They can’t really get hosted anywhere so they don’t feel great about not having seen anything. At the same time, irrespective of what granny and momma think, the recruit wants to be done with the fucking constant dog and pony show of all of the calls and zooms. 

Dewberry could wind up at Texas. I continue to develop the opinion that that’s not likely but I’m not concrete on it yet. Texas signed and got Javonne Shepherd on campus after all. 

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Ha. I guess we know now. Wiltfong knows less than our peeps on this board with this staff at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

@closetojumping Do you know whether Stewart's recruitment is over, barring something disastrous?  Thanks.

I’ve heard it’s all clean and the dude has basically wanted to make sense of committing to Texas from the jump. NIL matters here, so if something develops on that which makes Texas look like pussies (Texas is leading on NIL development so I doubt this ), yeah, he’d be gone fast. 

As NIL workings unfold, there’s a shot that Stewart serves as a proto-reason for everyone considering Texas if they’re 5 stars. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. I guess we know now. Wiltfong knows less than our peeps on this board with this staff at this point. 

I’ve heard it’s all clean and the dude has basically wanted to make sense of committing to Texas from the jump. NIL matters here, so if something develops on that which makes Texas look like pussies (Texas is leading on NIL development so I doubt this ), yeah, he’d be gone fast. 

As NIL workings unfold, there’s a shot that Stewart serves as a proto-reason for everyone considering Texas if they’re 5 stars. 

Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting