Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Super K updates from Arizona

Spoiler

I’ve been out in Arizona for a couple of a days. Stopped by to see some players in Phoenix and then came over to the Pylon tournament in Bullhead City, AZ.

***On Friday, I was a Tucson Turf 7v7 football practice. Really weren’t any targets there that Texas is currently recruiting but there certainly was some talent. But something noteworthy that was Texas related did happen…

A few of the top prospects there just started throwing up the horns and were yelling, “Sark! What’s up Sark!”. I’m realizing more and more as we cover Texas that Sark has his own brand. The combination of his brand with the Texas brand in a good marriage right now. Whether they’re being recruited by him or not, kids seem to like Sark.

***Related to the note above, I stopped by to see 2022 DL, Anthony Lucas (Chaparral). Right now, he’s really move of a OU target. But he did tell me that Sark has actually reached out to him. So, I do wonder if he will end up being a guy Texas offers. He has some serious upside. In talking to Anthony, it’s clear Texas A&M has made him a big priority and I get the sense they are one of his top schools.

***At the Pylon tournament, Texas RB commit, Jaydon Blue listed out some of the targets he’s going after…

***Texas DB commit, Jaylon Guilbeau had a good evening. Did a nice job in man coverage but also good spacing and breaking in zone. He does a nice job of displacing a wide receiver to get hands on the ball. Guilbeau also said he’s going after a number of players.

***Texas would love to land Chris Marshall and I can see why. I like how fluid he is for his size. He can get a DB off his spot and then stack him. Very good deep threat because he isn’t just a one direction guy.

He certainly seems to like Texas but in talking to him I think he’s going to take some time with his recruitment. I don’t get the sense he’s in a rush.

***Kevin Coleman comments on Texas. Thought it was noteworthy that he has that connection with Texas WR, Marcus Washington.

***Recent Texas 2022 OT offer, Malik Agbo can move! Hoping to have more with him later this week…

***CJ Williams – I believe I still have a full interview with CJ that I have yet to transcribe. I plan on doing that. But I did speak with him at the Pylon as well and something he said that I wanted to note. It sounds like there are some schools who are pressuring him – giving him the whole, if you don’t commit soon, we might not have a spot left. Williams said that isn’t something he’s going to let force his hand and he added that this was something he really likes about Sark, “he doesn’t pressure me, he’s letting me go through my process”.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Happy in any 5-star recruitment to not see Ohio State or UGA. Otherwise, no surprises, let's do the fucking thing.

Not to mention tOSU boards have thought for a long while they were at/near top for him.  So is anybody in Texas actually going to tOSU with Quinn besides Burton?

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not to mention tOSU boards have thought for a long while they were at/near top for him.  So is anybody in Texas actually going to tOSU with Quinn besides Burton?

Not if we're smart enough to use last week's weather to negatively recruit them. "Down here that's a freak occurrence. There it's just life."

• Hook 'Em 4

15 hours ago, Machinator said:

Remember a year or two ago when there were rumblings that we were getting crushed by not having many commits on the all-star / 7v7 circuit to help recruit their peers? Such a night and day difference so far in this class. Not only do we have a bunch of those guys already, but several of them seem to be particularly vocal/popular guys who can actually convince others (especially Blue, MM, Stewart). Love to see it.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting