Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

24 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I think TenTomTitties or whatever his name is owes us an explanation of why he made that prediction.

Then he can stay.

If not...he goes the way of the fucc boi.

What say you TTT?

He gave his explanation. It’s not like he was claiming insider information. He’s just a dumbass, and if we eliminate all the dumbasses, Surly would go the way of Shaggy.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
In other words, none of us would be here.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 11:14 PM, George Clooney said:

It's obviously very early, but here are some players in Texas who made the MaxPreps Freshman All-American Team.

First Team

Isaiah Broadway, RB, Hebron   https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Broadway-46056651/

Second Team

Kameron Dewberry, OT, Atascosita   https://247sports.com/Player/Kam-Dewberry-46056698/

Walker Polk, ILB, Coppell   https://247sports.com/Player/Walker-Polk-46058064/  

Cristian Driver, S, Argyle Liberty Christian   https://247sports.com/Player/Cristian-Driver-46076802/

This has aged not so well.

2 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

You will might this one better. The guy who gets his shit shoved in is the holder for OU. Happened this week at a bar in Norman. The two guys are wrestlers at a small juco school here in Oklahoma City. 

When he says "yall mother fuckers ain't play'n around" I died laughing. 

In the SI article the OU player's attorney says that he was trying to calm the situation down when he told them to "get the fuck out of here" 

Edited by Tex48
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

When he says "yall mother fuckers ain't play'n around" I died laughing. 

In the SI article the OU player's attorney says that he was trying to calm the situation down when he told them to "get the fuck out of here" 

Paul "Beatrice" Batrice practices in Oklahoma, now?

• Haha 1

SIAP, but Hyphen got CB'd to ASU by a USC 247. A different USC mod says that with the caveat that there's been a lack of development due to no fall season, that Hyphen might be the bets player in the state for his class, and he thinks that the recruitment isn't over if he commits this week 

• Hook 'Em 1

(Mike Roach) The Stampede: Recruiting scoop from Pylon 7v7 Bullhead City

Spoiler

— There was a lot of Texas buzz at Pylon 7v7 in Bullhead City, Arizona. I’ve said it before but Steve Sarkisian’s name still rings pretty heavy on the west coast. Adding Maalik Murphy to the recruiting class doesn’t hurt either. Murphy is a name respected on the west coast and that was evident this weekend as players from every team stopped by to talk with Murphy while he was on the field. We will see what comes of it, but Texas has the west coast’s attention right now.

—Texas was pushing for Playa Del Ray (Calif.) St. Bernard RB Jaylen Thompson when I spoke to him in Dallas last month, but that contact has dropped a bit since Texas landed Jaydon Blue in the 2022 class. The Longhorns are being pretty choosy about their second running back take in this group and evaluating who would be the best fit for a second take to come with Blue. Colorado and Arizona State are schools he mentioned as recruiting him the hardest right now, but Texas would be a formidable contender if they decide to push a little harder.

—I do believe that Texas is a contender for Playa Del Ray (Calif.) St. Bernard athlete Larry Turner-Gooden, but they will have some work to do in order to get him away from the west. USC has been all over him and Arizona State has some strong positioning as well. Texas would be third at best, but Turner-Gooden is close friends with Murphy and has a strong relationship with Steve Sarkisian. He also mentioned Blake Gideon as one of the coaches recruiting him the hardest. He told Horns247 that he plans to make his decision late in the year at the All-American Bowl.

— I believe Texas has a very real chance with Mission Hills (Calif.) linebacker Niuafe Tuihalamaka. The former USC commit recently opened his recruitment, and he’s been high on the Longhorns for a while. Tuihalamaka is a bright kid looking for a strong education, so Texas will have an advantage there. That said, Stanford and Notre Dame will also be involved, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Irish had the advantage at this time. There’s still plenty of recruitment in front of them to change things, and Tuihalamaka plays 7v7 with Maalik Murphy. Jeff Choate has been doing a strong job in this recruitment getting Texas into a strong position.

— C.J. Williams is another player that Texas will be in the race for until the end. The four-star pass-catcher from Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei re-engaged with Texas once Steve Sarkisian was hired, and Maalik Murphy’s commitment really caught his eye. I believe the Longhorns will be a finalist until the very end for Williams, but as always, they will have some really tough competition. If I had to guess right now, Alabama and Notre Dame will be the toughest to put away for him. Williams wants to find a good business school, so Texas has an advantage there, and Mallik Murphy will constantly be in his ear moving forward.

— Federal Way (Wash.) Todd Beamer offensive tackle Malik Agbo wins the award for best human I met this weekend and maybe ever.  The Seattle area big man was playing some tight end for his team and was excited about the way his recruitment is going.  Texas offered just recently, but Agbo said that he had a pre-existing relationship with Kyle Flood going back to Alabama and a knowledge of Steve Sarkisian growing up watching Washington.  Murphy is all over Agbo as well, and he wants to go to a school where he can study broadcasting and be “the next Joe Buck.”

— Saint Louis (Mo.) St. Mary’s wide receiver Kevin Coleman recently dropped a Top 8. With the Longhorns included along with Alabama, Oregon, USC, Georgia, Penn State, Florida State and Arizona State. Coleman said that Steve Sarkisian and Andre Coleman have been incredibly involved in his recruitment, and he feels Sarkisian’s offense would benefit him as a receiver. Coleman said he’s just starting to get to know Maalik Murphy and he got to see him throw the ball for the first time this weekend. He’s also close with Fast 7v7 teammates Jaydon Blue and Jaylon Guilbeau who are working on him. I don’t believe he will make an early decision.

— Fort Bend Marshall wide receiver Chris Marshall is another priority receiver target for Texas. Marshall said that he’s been talking with Texas more and more and he’s also hearing from his Fast 7v7 teammates. Still the vibe on Marshall seems to be that he’s Texas A&M bound and USC could also be an intriguing option for him. Marshall doesn’t open up much so sourced information is more important on him, and at this point, our sources point to the Aggies as the clear front runner.

— Jaylon Guilbeau thought about looking around when the coaching staff turns over, but he said that Terry Joseph has done a great job locking down his recruitment. Guilbeau recently had a Zoom meeting with Joseph going over coverage technique and leverage, and he said the two have clicked. Guilbeau isn’t focused on anyone other than Texas right now and categorized himself as firmly committed.

— Texas is still working on Garland wide receiver and Oklahoma commit Jordan Hudson. The Longhorns have been in touch recently and Hudson has been playing 7v7 for Premium Sports which is quarterbacked by Maalik Murphy. Hudson told me he was still committed to Oklahoma but that’s not stopping Texas from taking a shot. He’s also getting an earfull from Murphy who he’s growing to have a close bond with.

— Jaydon Blue is focused on helping to build the best class possible, and as a running back, he’s looking to add some big-time offensive linemen. He mentioned Kelvin Banks and Kam Dewberry as his primary targets, and he wants to start talking to Devon Campbell as well. He’s also close with Texas target Bryce Anderson and is working on him along with Guilbeau.

— There were many times that Tom Herman lost a recruitment because he wasn’t involved enough as a head coach in recruiting the prospect. So far, that hasn’t been the case for Steve Sarkisian. Just about every high-profile prospect I spoke with this weekend said that Sarkisian has been front and center in the recruitment and Texas is making them feel like a priority. If Sarkisian and his staff can keep that up, they should find a lot of success in recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 4

23 hours ago, Machinator said:
(Mike Roach) Observations on Maalik Murphy from day one of Pylon 7v7 Bullhead City
  Hide contents

— I'll be honest. I expected to be a little disappointed by Maalik Murphy when I saw him yesterday. From the moment he committed, the talk has mostly been about the work he has to do going forward. While I expected to see some flashes of brilliance, I thought we'd see some equally poor moments as well. I'm not sure Murphy could have performed better. He shares time with fellow highly-ranked quarterback AJ Duffy for the prestigious Premium 7v7 team, but he looked like the alpha dog on the field yesterday.

— There's been a lot of talk that Murphy is still raw as a prospect, and I'd disagree with that take somewhat. I think inexperienced is probably a better word, because he was pretty advanced in his mechanics and showed off some special ability. When you look at him you see the size and the raw arm strength, but the intangibles are pretty special. Murphy played with more confidence than I'd ever seen out of a passer today and it showed as he leaned on his tools and trusted his ability. He was loose and talking a bit of trash the whole time, and I feel like he walked the fine line between confident and cocky really well.

— Early on in warm ups, Murphy mainly threw the deep ball. I thought that was what we would get as the first game started with a perfect deep ball score. Throughout the day, Murphy showed off the ability to throw nearly everything in the route tree. One of his most impressive throws was on a whip route in the end zone where Murphy placed the ball perfectly on the outside where only his receiver could get it. He also attacked the seam at will fitting balls into tight windows and on the money.

— If I had to pick an area where I feel he struggles, I think he has some growing to do with throwing with timing and hitting guys on the move. He loves to throw it to stationary targets, but I'm not sure his timing is quite there on guys who are on the move. That said, those are usually abilities gained with time and expereince which Murphy hasn't had a ton of. Overall, he surpassed my expectations and showed off the skills that made it easy to see why he's such a highly-regarded guy.

There is videos all over the internet of him throwing to spots and receivers getting there... lmaoooo he reaching

7 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Are Marshall and Williams comparable? Which one would we rather have?

The common thought is that Marshall has more physical upside while Williams is more polished but with less athleticism. However Williams didn't have a junior season, so perhaps prior evaluations of him are obsolete. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Are Marshall and Williams comparable? Which one would we rather have?

People say Williams is more of a big body/possession type of WR that Tom Herman would have loved. Not a bad addition to a class, but you surround him with speed.

Marshall is a speed freak who has only played football for like 1 year and has a very high ceiling.

Idk if its due to the fact that he just got hired but I absolutely love that Sark is involved in every recruitment. Thats what Urban does, thats what Saban does, thats what Mack did in the begining and it's about damn time we have a HC who views recruiting as his personal responsibility. Furthermore, it is also apparent that this staff in general believes in a group recruiting effort which is very much a Bama-like recruiting philosophy. This is awesome. 

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Voluminous Banality said:

They guaranteed him that he will double Demond Demas' receiving totals as a freshman.

Demas.thumb.png.6b3c685eb7399868fcf28b607fcd25c8.png

it's incredible that this guy got 0 catches. Kai fucking Money got 10 at Texas. MALCOM EPPS had 3 catches. but they couldn't find 1 for 5* (ish) with his explosiveness?

syXQlkYs

MAX WRIGHT got a catch.

someone named Ryan Renick (walk on?) got 2 catches

Kam Brown had 5.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting