Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 hours ago, NoName said:

it's incredible that this guy got 0 catches. Kai fucking Money got 10 at Texas. MALCOM EPPS had 3 catches. but they couldn't find 1 for 5* (ish) with his explosiveness?

syXQlkYs

MAX WRIGHT got a catch.

someone named Ryan Renick (walk on?) got 2 catches

Kam Brown had 5.

don't care, got paid. He'll prob soon be in the portal looking for more $$.

what the fuck?

Rivals has Bear Alexander as the #3 player in the country?!?

yes, that is the guy currently the #140 composite player and #22 composite player in Texas. 247 is even lower on him with him at #35 in Texas

dave chapelle what GIF

edit: i get that everything is wack without camps and such, but when was the last time there was such a huge gap between someone like this? 247 literally doesn't have him ranked nationally - so outside the top 247 and Rivals has him at #3 overall? even if 247 hasn't updated in a while (last update was 12/11/20 but he has been ranked as a 90 since 8/2019) this is a HUGE gap between the services.

someone is going to look dumb in <12 months

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

what the fuck?

yes, that is the guy currently the #140 composite player and #22 composite player in Texas. 247 is even lower on him with him at #35 in Texas

dave chapelle what GIF

He'll probably shoot up in ESPN and 247 too when they re-rank

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

what the fuck?

dave chapelle what GIF

They've had him in the top 10 since the initial rankings. Not going to opine on what his "real" ranking is but I think 247/ESPN were low on him just because he had no varsity tape from sophomore year due to his transfer to Ryan.

39 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Roach said Murphy's ranking won't drop on 247, but he could drop due to others moving up.

I mean, he's 62 on their site. That probably means he's going to move into the 75-100 range. Maybe more. Because there's going to be a lot of shuffling thanks to covid and various season and camp irregularities. And it's very safe to say he's going to divebomb in ESPN's rankings. 

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

He'll probably shoot up in ESPN and 247 too when they re-rank

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

No. He's their #4 player in the country

1 minute ago, Dijon Robinson said:

They've had him in the top 10 since the initial rankings. Not going to opine on what his "real" ranking is but I think 247/ESPN were low on him just because he had no varsity tape from sophomore year due to his transfer to Ryan.

thanks, just seems crazy that a guy is ranked like 35 in the State for 247 and 34 for ESPN is also #4 in the country for Rivals

30 minutes ago, NoName said:

thanks, just seems crazy that a guy is ranked like 35 in the State for 247 and 34 for ESPN is also #4 in the country for Rivals

Gerry Hamilton has said he's going to move up into the top 50 nationally. He didn't get cleared to play until late in the season due to transferring high schools. 

5 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

lol fucking Rivals. Dewberry should not be the #14 player in the country. 

fwiw - i think most would agree of the Texas OL we are recruiting, he is probably the least likely to come to Texas, but............ I have heard from multiple folks now that he loves showing up to training camps etc in full on aggy gear. 

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

fwiw - i think most would agree of the Texas OL we are recruiting, he is probably the least likely to come to Texas, but............ I have heard from multiple folks now that he loves showing up to training camps etc in full on aggy gear. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Jimbo just "accidentally" gave Kenyon Green two equipment bags, and told him to take the extra one down to Atascocita.

9 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

He's probably more likely than Neto 

17 minutes ago, JackBurton said:

I meant which position

Ice Hockey Shrug GIF by NHL

Well, then that's what you should have asked.

He looks hilariously huge as a 6'4" RB, especially surrounded by 3A players. I doubt he sticks at RB or DB at the next level.

He might be like Ja'Tavion Sanders, and project as a TE or DE if he adds weight. Otherwise maybe he has the speed to play LB or Safety?

It's so hard to tell, since he can dominate 3A just by his size mismatch.

16 minutes ago, Fud said:

“He has elite arm strength, can change speeds, threw with touch, his timing was excellent, he went through progressions and never looked rattled or flustered. “

Is that good? That seems good.

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

“He has elite arm strength, can change speeds, threw with touch, his timing was excellent, he went through progressions and never looked rattled or flustered. “

Is that good? That seems good.

I am glad he was neither rattled nor flustered during 7-on-7 ...

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Ice Hockey Shrug GIF by NHL

Well, then that's what you should have asked.

He looks hilariously huge as a 6'4" RB, especially surrounded by 3A players. I doubt he sticks at RB or DB at the next level.

He might be like Ja'Tavion Sanders, and project as a TE or DE if he adds weight. Otherwise maybe he has the speed to play LB or Safety?

It's so hard to tell, since he can dominate 3A just by his size mismatch.

Can Ja'Tavion Sanders play baseball?

Wells on Trevonte Citizen and Nahlin on Denver Harris

Spoiler

RB TreVonte Citizen, Lake Charles College Prep (LA) (2022):

The 5-foot-11, 212-pound four-star remains a target for the Texas staff. After taking Jaydon Blue recently for 2022, the Horns are still looking for a second tailback in this cycle.

He told IT what he’s looking for at the next level.

“I look for statistics in both academics and athletics,” Citizen said. “Does it feel like home and do I visual myself at that school growing into a better player and person etc?”

LSU, Mississippi State, and Arkansas are UT’s competition for the between-the-tackles tailback. Texas continues to make a strong push, but the Tigers might be the soft leader.

As promised, here’s the latest on the top cornerback on the board. - EN

CB Denver Harris, North Shore (Houston, TX): Harris recently released an anti-climactic top four that included Texas, Alabama, Texas A&M, and LSU. Those have been his top schools for a long time, with Ohio State mentioned at times but not much of late.

As IT has been reporting for two years, he’s most likely staying close to home, meaning proximity is on UT’s side. Due to also holding a proximity advantage, A&M did nudge in a little while Texas lost its course under Tom Herman. All things being equal, A&M will have a very difficult time finishing ahead of Texas.

LSU is nearly as listless as Texas was a couple months ago. LSU is also a bit of a weird fit for him even when things are ginning in Baton Rouge.

That leaves the defending national champion Alabama Crimson Tide. After Texas poached two of Bama’s best Texas recruiters in Kyle Flood and Jeff Banks (Flood has been a frequent visitor to North Shore) and lost corners coach Karl Scott to the NFL, Nick Saban has taken Harris’ recruitment upon himself. He hired former UT CB coach, Jay Valai, but to my knowledge, Valai still hasn’t talked to Harris. Saban has had a 45 minute Zoom with the five-star corner that apparently went well. What else would you expect, especially given Saban’s own personal attention to defensive back play? We are hearing the talk of Alabama “making a move” for Harris but not from our very best sources.

Texas is still the school Harris is in contact with the most. That includes a Zoom call with corners coach Terry Joseph earlier this afternoon. To this point Sarkisian has not held his Zoom presentation that has received high marks from other recruits. Maybe he’s saving that arrow for when it’s time to finish the hunt. Unsurprisingly, he has been involved.

Michael Huff has also taken part in this recruitment.

Bottom line: This will most likely boil down to Texas and its advantages (proximity, school fit, life after football) versus Alabama and its advantages (no explanation needed). Despite releasing his top-four, Harris doesn’t appear to be nearing a decision in the next month. However, we wouldn’t rule out a spring announcement.

• Hook 'Em 7

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting