Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

What I'd really like is for a way to get Roach to attend the Surly Sprint Off and Fair on Sept. 4th, specifically so that weeble-wobble of a man can take part in a hula-hooping contest. I don't care if his competition is Air as long as I'm there to witness it and have it entered into surly record. We can wager on how long he can spin for collapsing into a wheezing heap and grabbing his chest. 

@closetojumping think you can text your supper buddy and ask him if he'd be interested in attending and competing? Tell him there's cake.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What I'd really like is for a way to get Roach to attend the Surly Sprint Off and Fair on Sept. 4th, specifically so that weeble-wobble of a man can take part in a hula-hooping contest. I don't care if his competition is Air as long as I'm there to witness it and have it entered into surly record. We can wager on how long he can spin for collapsing into a wheezing heap and grabbing his chest. 

@closetojumping think you can text your supper buddy and ask him if he'd be interested in attending and competing? Tell him there's cake.  

I thought it was Ketchum who was buddies with ctj. Actually, it is kind of cool - Ketch and Roach eat buns and ctj wears one.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I thought it was Ketchum who was buddies with ctj. Actually, it is kind of cool - Ketch and Roach eat buns and ctj wears one.

Does Ketch even show up to the games anymore in person? He made it seem like a lot of his own subscribers don't like him..  I know OB has tailgate gatherings, wonder if he shows up for them.

247 is coming out with a rankings update today, so there should be plenty of fodder for entertainment.

That TFB update on Allen restates what we already know (Texas leads by a fair margin). Allen said that Texas is the only school that keeps in constant communication with him. CJ expects an announcement in the first week of March.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Spoiler

Alright, I know y’all are eager to read this following the Trending post from last night. So let’s jump in right away with why I feel confident about where Texas is standing in BJ Allen’s recruitment.

On the drive over to Aledo, I was prepared to ask about Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M. Though when I asked Allen who he was in communication with he gave one answer:     Texas.

“I’m on Texas right now, that’s about it” Allen said, who added that Texas was the only school was still in constant communication with.

Both Blake Gideon and Steve Sarkisian are active in this recruitment, and from what Allen had to say, it sounds like the two are making massive strides to land one of the state’s best safeties.

“Both of the coaches I talk to are great people, and they are down to earth. ” Allen said. “They are going to be honest with you no matter what. They’ve both got great personalities.”

I also mentioned in the Tweet last night that Allen had his eye on the in-state recruiting already taking place by the Longhorn staff. Several of those in-state commits have been hitting up Allen every so often to do their own bit of recruiting.

“It’s actually kind of good, because other colleges like maybe OU or A&M – I don’t really have anyone in my class coming after me (from those schools).”

Allen believes the Texas of years past is just that: gone. Under Sarkisian, Allen told me he “knows it is going to change… that’s what makes me happy.”

I expect a decision to come in the first week or so of March and like I said last night, I love where the Longhorns stand.

• Hook 'Em 9

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting