Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

According to Joe Cook Marshall isn't particularly close to making a decision:

Spoiler

“I don’t really think I’ll make a decision without getting there and seeing what it’s like,” Marshall said. “I want to see a family atmosphere because that’s what I’m looking for in a school.”

Until he can go to his top destinations, Marshall is enjoying the process. He mentioned he is hearing the most from Texas, Texas A&M, Arizona State, Oregon, Auburn, and LSU.

Regarding Andre Coleman, “He’s just really showing me love and telling me that’s a place I can show off my talents. He’s showing me the family and the support system there at Texas.”

In addition, Sarkisian bringing his offense from Alabama to Texas “helps (Texas) out.”

Until visits happen, Marshall has no timetable for the next step in his recruiting process.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Vertigo said:

Receiver ones obviously

Being skilled and having elite measurable physical tools are different things. It's abundantly easy to dunk on $9.99ers, we don't need to invent reasons to do so when they actually post something like "while there is a lot to like, I think the physical tools aren’t quite what they are for a few other prospects in the class", which actually is true

Since it was erased from time, what confidence level was fong’s hullaby to Texas cb?  Trying to parse this as a differentiator between when he knows something and when he assumes something- specifically about Anderson currently but also going forward.  Probably helps that aggy is involved with Anderson more-so than hullaby?

Can’t recall his confidence level, but I think the general consensus was that he WAS going to commit to us. Nobody, including Hullaby apparently, knew that his offer wasn’t committable

Edit: Oh shit. Wrong kid. I’ll leave the post so my shame won’t be forgotten, unlike Fong
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Fud said:

Being skilled and having elite measurable physical tools are different things. It's abundantly easy to dunk on $9.99ers, we don't need to invent reasons to do so when they actually post something like "while there is a lot to like, I think the physical tools aren’t quite what they are for a few other prospects in the class", which actually is true

You moved the goalposts a bit without realizing it. Not all physical tools are measurable (or more accurately they're not measured). Williams has good to elite body control, balance, catching ability, size, etc. Those are all physical tools and only size is measured. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Surprised Trevell didn't get a bump from 247 or Rivals.  Guess Gerry is going to have to put him in the ESPN 300 next go round.

Ross finally ranked at a 89, high composite 3*, but didn't Gerry say to expect him around #150 in the next ESPN update?

On that note, Gerry said that ESPN won't be updating their rankings until late April so that the spring football players get the chance to have a junior season on tape.

• Hook 'Em 1

Del Valle having ridiculous facilities is the most shocking news of the day. Over half of the district is below the poverty line but the property tax rate is absurdly high. The district will experience tremendous growth over the next 5 years with all of the housing being built out there. 

I wonder if they are trying to go the LT or Eanes route and only having one high school.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You moved the goalposts a bit without realizing it. Not all physical tools are measurable (or more accurately they're not measured). Williams has good to elite body control, balance, catching ability, size, etc. Those are all physical tools and only size is measured. 

I wouldn’t say he has good to elite size, especially for a possession WR

You’re crediting his catching ability as athletic tools over skills?

Am I the only one having a difficult time keeping Bryan Allen and Bryce Anderson separated in their mind? The names are just too damn similar.

Also, after an extensive Watch.The.Tape session, with the caveat that I don't know shit about evaluating football players and can't keep the two straight.... the one who I think is Bryce Anderson looks like he could play CB to me. He definitely shows some wiggle playing QB. I think the other one, who I reasonably believe to be Bryan Allen, looks like a pure safety to me. That will be $9.95.

• Haha 3

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Am I the only one having a difficult time keeping Bryan Allen and Bryce Anderson separated in their mind? The names are just too damn similar.

Also, after an extensive Watch.The.Tape session, with the caveat that I don't know shit about evaluating football players and can't keep the two straight.... the one who I think is Bryce Anderson looks like he could play CB to me. He definitely shows some wiggle playing QB. I think the other one, who I reasonably believe to be Bryan Allen, looks like a pure safety to me. That will be $9.95.

I might as well pay Katfid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Del Valle having ridiculous facilities is the most shocking news of the day. Over half of the district is below the poverty line but the property tax rate is absurdly high. The district will experience tremendous growth over the next 5 years with all of the housing being built out there. 

I wonder if they are trying to go the LT or Eanes route and only having one high school.
Most assuredly. The area will be crammed with homes soon enough. Well before outcries for a second high school happen.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think it must have been a while since you were out that way or you’re not familiar with the Del Valle zoned area. It includes areas north of 71 on Riverside as well as Easton Park and Addison developments. It’s not Westlake but definitely not poverty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, swonie said:

I think it must have been a while since you were out that way or you’re not familiar with the Del Valle zoned area. It includes areas north of 71 on Riverside as well as Easton Park and Addison developments. It’s not Westlake but definitely not poverty.

We actually owned a house in Easton Park before we moved West. That’s  why I said half. Easton Park, Riverside make up the half that isn’t poverty levels and they are floating the tax bill as well. Easton Park has a 3.1 tax rate. The rest of the district is very poor.

7 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

We actually owned a house in Easton Park before we moved West. That’s  why I said half. Easton Park, Riverside make up the half that isn’t poverty levels and they are floating the tax bill as well. Easton Park has a 3.1 tax rate. The rest of the district is very poor.

Jesus that's awfully high. Only good thing about that place is it's right next to McKinney Falls. 

Damn were y’all in a MUD or something? I just sold off Riverside we were 2.5.

Either way the areas around the race track have a lot of value too. I’ve worked in Real Estate and New Home Construction for a while and the changes in that part of town is unbelievable. Thread Derail over though, back to All Gas No Brakes, We’re gettin’ Errrbody

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, catching is far more innate than people either realize or want to admit. Just like throwing accuracy.

I consider myself a bit of a CJ Williams expert. I watched his 4 minute sophomore mid season highlight video and he has two catches that are beautiful snags with his hands and perfect NFL toe taps. He appears to have the hands/body control you want in a receiver. 

I’m still seeing Keenan Allen and you can make a serious living with that skill set. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Did anyone watch Erb's highlights?

he’s a very good get for them. 

8 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Dewberry's 247 ranking vs his Rivals ranking is actually comical

8 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Bear Alexander moved up quite a bit but still hard to comprehend being 100+ in 1 and number 4 overall in the other. 

Rivals is really, really bad at ratings. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting