Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, closetojumping said:

Did he have Moss in the same class? Do you mind posting it? It’s relevant on several threads here. It will suck if LSU takes both guys. 

Allegedly, and it was in this one or Rambo 2, not sure, but Stallone subsisted on a diet of chicken, broccoli, and water ahead of this filming and during it. Coincidentally, that’s also the diet I am currently on in order to be at peak performance for the Surly Sprint-off, Boxing Night, Games and Fair on September 4th, 2021. 

I second this lazy request from a random recruitnik. I can promise to rep 20 of the poster’s posts in exchange for the effort. 

Yes, Moss was in it. He doesn’t seam real for texas, but what do I know 

Spoiler

QUARTERBACK

9618625.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs(Photo: Billy Embody, 247Sports)

Walker Howard ... The staff landed a commitment from Howard over the summer, and since then he went on to become a state champion on the gridiron, a five-star recruit and the nation's No. 2 pro-style quarterback prospect on the 247Sports Composite. I don't expect LSU to make a move on any other quarterbacks this cycle as they lock in on Howard and turn the focus to recruiting the 2023 class, which has a pair of talented in-state prospects at quarterback in Newman's Arch Manningand Zachary's Eli Holstein.

RUNNING BACK

10273470.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Courtesy:TreVonte Citizen, 247Sports)

Le'veon Moss ... Moss hasn't tipped his cap to any leaders, but he's got offers from LSU, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and more. The Istrouma High four-star is ranked as the No. 6 running back prospect in the country, and he's been high on running backs coach Kevin Faulk's board since the start. If LSU can turn in a strong season this fall, there will be plenty of reasons for Moss to stay in Baton Rouge for college and ink with the Tigers.

Trevonte' Citizen ... In his first year as running backs coach a year ago, Faulk was never able to hit the road to recruit as a result of the NCAA's dead period during the pandemic. No matter, Faulk signed a pair of Top 10 running backs in Ohio's Corey Kinerand Alabama's Armoni Goodwin. There are some veterans in the room like Tyrion Davis-Price and John Emery who are on the back end of their college careers, while Chris Curry recently transferred out. It makes sense to push for two running backs in 2022, and Faulk doesn't need to travel outside the state to do it. Citizen, a Top 15 running back prospect on the 247Sports Composite, picked up his offer from Orgeron and Faulk on January 22. A month later, the Tigers have to feel good about where they stand for the Lake Charles native.

WIDE RECEIVER

10216179.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)

Aaron Anderson ... There's a lot of people in the New Orleans area who are ready to stand on the table in support of Anderson, who has exploded at Edna Karr as one of the state's fastest-rising prospects. LSU wide receivers coach Mickey Josephwasted little time making the offer and getting a commitment from the four-star.

Decoldest Crawford ... It's been back-to-back years of solid production for Crawford at Green Oaks, and he's set to enter his senior season as one of three LSU wide receiver commitments already in the boat.

AJ Johnson ... Johnson is the most recent commitment to the class, giving the Tigers another New Orleans area prospect and a second commitment from Newman, with Johnson joining offensive lineman Bo Bordelon with his verbal pledge to LSU. After his first season back on the gridiron since his freshman year at McMain, Johnson will be the top target for quarterback Arch Manning next fall.

Shazz Preston ... With three commitments in, where does LSU go from here? They signed arguably the nation's best receiver haul in the 2021 class, and three in-state receivers are already part of a growing 2022 class. Offers will continue to go out, but a big focus will remain on Preston. The state champion out of St. James remains a Top 100 prospect as he navigates through the next year of his recruitment process. If Preston goes elsewhere, or the board shuffles, there are other names to watch even in Louisiana, which includes everyone from Alexandria's Theron Johnson to John F. Kennedy's Leroy Paige, who sat out the 2020 season as a result of transfer rules.

TIGHT END

9234812.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 Jake Johnson (Photo: Rusty Mansell, 247Sports)

Jake Johnson ... LSU needs to add an elite tight end in the 2022 class, and there's not many better than Johnson. He's ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the nation's No. 2 tight end prospect, but he now checks in as the No. 1 tight end on 247Sports. The size, talent and bloodlines are all there for Johnson, and the Tigers would love to reel him in and pair him back up with his older brother in LSU quarterback Max Johnson.

OFFENSIVE TACKLE

Will Campbell(Photo: Billy Embody, 247Sports)

Will Campbell ... Louisiana doesn't often produce five-star offensive tackles, with the most recent being Cam Robinson and La'el Collins. Now, Campbell joins that group. He was a must-get for LSU this cycle, so his commitment to the Tigers has to be considered one of the biggest wins LSU will have in 2022.

Bo Bordelon ... Bordelon's father, Ben Bordelon, was a captain on LSU's offensive line. Now, the Tigers are set to add the legacy to the offensive line room thanks to his verbal commitment to end the month of January. Bordelon's junior film at Newman was impressive, and he moved up the 247Sports rankings this week. LSU starts out the 2022 cycle with a really solid one-two punch at offensive tackle, which is always a need position.

Jacob Hood ... I had previously gone with Malik Agbo in this spot, and was tempted to do the same this time. Agbo is close with Campbell and some other LSU commitments and remaining targets, but the state of Washington is still about as far away as a prospect can be from Baton Rouge. With the ongoing dead period, will distance be too much to overcome? Agbo is certainly in play, but I will go with a recent offer in Hood. He's a Nashville native, and LSU's recruited the area well over the past five years. He recently put the Tigers in his final six, and he said each week he speaks with LSU, Georgia, Tennessee and Mississippi State. If the Tigers make a big push here, Hood is certainly a realistic target.

OFFENSIVE GUARD/CENTER

9803037.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 Emery Jones (Photo: Shea Dixon , 247Sports)

Emery Jones ... Whether it's playing on the offensive line or showing off some impressive footwork on the basketball court, Jones has proven that he's the best interior offensive lineman that Louisiana has to offer this cycle. LSU wasted no time jumping into the mix with a scholarship offer, and schools like Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Texas A&M have all done the same. But it's going to be tough for anyone to pull Jones away from LSU given the run of success they've had recruiting Catholic High in Baton Rouge. Jones is versatile enough to be a college starter at center or offensive guard.

Lucas Taylor ... Taylor committed to LSU just ahead of the start of the 2020 season, becoming the first offensive lineman into the class. He's ranked as the nation's No. 11 offensive guard prospect, and the Tigers are expected to add a couple interior prospects this cycle. I expect LSU's list of offers at the spot to grow in the coming months given the staff has just eight total offers out to offensive guards in the 2022 cycle.

DEFENSIVE LINE

9802888.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Shea Dixon , 247Sports)

J'mond Tapp ... With each update to the 2022 rankings, Tapp keeps climbing higher and higher. He's now ranked as the No. 126 prospect in the country on the 247Sports Composite, making him a consensus Top 10 weakside defensive end prospect across the major recruiting services. LSU made the move and offered Tapp on Jan. 22, then offers from Alabama, Florida and Texas A&M followed. Tapp is positioning himself to be the top defensive line target in Louisiana this cycle.

Shone Washington ... Washington was once committed to LSU, but he recently decided to reopen his recruitment to explore all his options across his final year in high school. He's got offers in from all the top SEC programs, so it's unclear which direction Washington might take things right now. But there's a feeling around Warren Easton that when the dust settles, and dominos continue to fall, Washington will find his way back into the class in Baton Rouge. 

Quency Wiggins ... LSU offered the Baton Rouge native in mid-January, and the Tigers are certainly intrigued by the Madison Prep edge rusher given his solid season of film and his 6-foot-6, 265-pound frame. Wiggins has been a standout basketball player in high school, but with a focus now being put onto football, expect his name to soar up college big boards as quickly as any this offseason in the Bayou State.

J'mari Monette ... At 6-foot-4, 266 pounds, Monette has good size as a junior at Alexandria Senior High, and he's already reeled in some notable offers from schools like Mississippi State, Baylor and SMU, who have all put a recent focus on recruiting more in the state of Louisiana. Monette would benefit greatly from being able to attend college camps this summer, which would give LSU a chance to get a much closer look at him as a prospect. If Monette continues to rise his stock, I could see an LSU offer potentially coming down the line.

Jaheim Oatis ... There are plenty of out-of-state choices here when it comes to elite talent, ranging from Shemar Stewart to Walter Nolen. Both prospects have called LSU major players in their recruitments, and the Tigers haven't slowed down on their push for both five-stars. But this round, I'll keep Oatis on my list. He's close to Baton Rouge, he's camped with Orgeron multiple times and he's made campus visits for games. Alabama, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and others will be in play here.

LINEBACKER

10216787.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 Jacoby Mathews (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)

Jacoby Mathews ... I'll slot Mathews into the linebacker category here, but he could just as easily be put into the defensive backs as a safety. As a 6-foot-1, 205-pound junior, Mathews has an ideal frame to continue to add weight, making him one of the more versatile defenders in the country for the 2022 cycle. He was great on film as a junior at Ponchatoula, and he shined bright on the camp scene over the past couple months. Now, Mathews is a five-star on the 247Sports Composite. Mathews has previously stated that he is leaning towards leaving Louisiana for college, but LSU's new defensive staff will certainly buckle in and do all they can to keep him in the Bayou State.

Javae Gilmore ... Another Louisiana prospect who has turned heads at the linebacker spot is Gilmore, and LSU made the move to offer him a scholarship on January 11. And for good reason. In eight games this past season, Gilmore had 54 tackles, nine tackles for loss, five sacks, five pass breakups, three interceptions and two interceptions returned for touchdowns. Expect the Tigers to keep their foot on the gas for Gilmore moving into the spring and summer months.

DEFENSIVE BACK

Laterrance Welch(Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)

Laterrance Welch ... Welch got on board soon after being offered in January, which gives LSU the state's highest-ranked cornerback and one of the best prospects to come through Acadiana in recent years.

JaDarian Rhym ... Rhym, a Georgia native, popped for LSU on January 8, which gave assistant Corey Raymond a Top 20 cornerback prospect and Top 200 prospect. 

Marcus Scott ... Scott became the third cornerback to commit to LSU in January, and that puts the staff in a good spot moving forward at the position. Scott, who will be a senior at College Park in The Woodlands next fall, is ranked as a Top 40 cornerback prospect.

Jordan Allen ... Allen doesn't hold an offer from LSU yet, but that could change ahead of his senior season. After a strong showing at Lafayette Christian Academy this past season, and stellar performances on the 7-on-7 circuit, Allen's stock is continuing to rise. LSU could look at him as a potential safety or cornerback.

D'arco Perkins-McAllister ... Perkins-McAllister didn't have a Power 5 scholarship offer before January 22. Now, he's added offers from the likes of LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Ole Miss and more. Expect Perkins-McAllister to be a big riser on college boards this offseason, and with LSU's focus on the Nashville area in recent cycles, the Tigers will have a shot here.

ATHLETE

9837717.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Kendrick Law)

Kendrick Law ... Law could make the case to be a Top 10 player nationally at a number of different positions on both sides of the ball. He's electric with the ball in his hands at receiver or running back, he's dangerous in the return game and has proven he can be a high-level cornerback. LSU and double-digit other college programs have already made the move with an offer, and given how much the Tigers have prioritized the Shreveport native early on, my Crystal Ball prediction remains on Law to land in Baton Rouge.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I’ve been trying to cancel my surlyhorns membership for months now, but the mods keep asking me to take a picture of myself spreading my butt cheeks and lifting my sack while holding my drivers license and credit card. Seems odd. And difficult.

In my experience, this is where the extortion starts, not ends...also this for you efforts:

9f4d64befbcc429b4bea85ef2a264444.gif

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting