Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

8 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Damn. I didn't even look at that update but I'm glad you did. "Decoldest" is the stuff of legend. It's one of those great ideas you wish you thought of first. That class might not be number 1 in the composite but it will be number 1 in our hearts.

That kid went viral a couple of years ago because of his name. At the time, people were reporting that his legal middle name was “ToEvaDoIt”, which would’ve been amazing, but unfortunately it wasn’t true.

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of Hau Pham said:

So I read last night about Owens and it was surprising to see that our... shall we say ground game has gone from basically nothing to what seems like full speed ahead this quickly, albeit for a 2023.

Looking to the 2022 class, are there any targets of ours in this class with an uncle that we could now legitimately have a shot at?

I remember seeing somewhere on an aggy or OU board screenshot some poster accusing us of making a big move in the Perkins recruitment? I’m not sure about other names, but it’d be nice to know now and follow those recruiting outcomes.

Last summer, Nahlin alluded to Owens' dad running his twitter account, so all of that fan base hype building was dad, er...positioning. I think Rueben got tired of the process being run on his behalf and chose to end it. Whether that involved an exchange of goods and/or services remains an inference. I would hope we've gotten the fuck over ourselves and are playing the game with earnest, but I don't believe, unless someone knows otherwise, that there's a trainer/uncle with their hand out for a Whataburger bag. 

The '22s that have gone from doa to "interested" are your most likely candidates for proof we're in it to win it. Perkins is a good example of that, I agree. 

22 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

So the question is do we want Hudson? over thompson, coleman? how does he fit in and how many are we looking to take?

Feels like Bama is probably getting Coleman and Texas is probably getting Hudson

Thompson appears to be up in the air, with Texas as one of this top schools. OU was the previous favorite until they took their foot off the gas to focus on Raleek Brown, but they'll probably re-push after Hudson decommits; supposedly losing Thompson's buddy Conyers hurts them some, although I'm not sure how much. A&M had a zoom school visit and another zoom call later in the week with Jimbo so they appear to be the school de jour, but I think they probably land a similar guy in Sategna before Thompson ends his recruitment. I've also seen Bama and Clemson mentioned. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Very different receiver from those two. He and CJ Williams are the similar comp in terms of being possession guys.

CJ Williams seems more polished and stronger. He is a better route runner. Hudson has more athletic ability on film. Both have good hands.

39 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

So the question is do we want Hudson? over thompson, coleman? how does he fit in and how many are we looking to take?

Hudson is a very different player from those guys.  It seems like we'll take 4-5 depending on who wants in, but I'd say CJ Williams and Hudson are comparable while Thompson and Coleman are similar types.  I think we'd take Coleman no matter what and he could push the class to 5 if he commits late.  It's too early to be worrying about one guy forcing out another.  Thompson, Coleman, Williams, and Tmac are all very far from sure things, so if someone as good as Hudson wants in, you take him.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

giphy.gif

Noooooooo

1 minute ago, Don Hornleone said:

Time to reel in some bulldozers to plow the field for these stallions we’re corralling.

(Too cheesy/Not enough cheese?)

Hell Nooooooooooooooo

Edited by Bevo

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Okie lite or Ohio state?  

If it’s osu and Ewers is showing interest in us, I’m conflicted.  I’m sure it’s eating Ewers up seeing Sark clean up the best skill players in the state and our recruiting in general.  I’m sure this is probably what he had envisioned when he first committed here.  If he wants back in, what do you do here?  I’m pretty damn high on Maalik and recruits seem to naturally gravitate towards him.  He also has an elite arm but is inexperienced.  In addition, Ewers has proven to bail if things aren’t going completely well.  He’d be a guy to bail and flip elsewhere if we didn’t win big.  

Ohio State. Updated with clarification 

I got the HULU Live w/ Disney+ and ESPN+
So couple that with my IT subscription we can conclude that I am proper fucked and will never be able to cancel? FUCK ME!
Same for me except no IT sub. If I include the bill for internet, I'm now paying more than the "too expensive" cable I ran away from

Ewers had his chance and made the decision to leave, so he can stay gone. I get he's polished and is a good player, but there are plenty of fish in the sea. Develop the guys that want to play for you regardless of hiccups or situations not being perfect. He's a kid but he made his decision and will have to live with it, good, bad or indifferent.

• Hook 'Em 2

Ewers had his chance and made the decision to leave, so he can stay gone. I get he's polished and is a good player, but there are plenty of fish in the sea. Develop the guys that want to play for you regardless of hiccups or situations not being perfect. He's a kid but he made his decision and will have to live with it, good, bad or indifferent.
Sorta agree, then remember watching his highlights. We still want him here..Maalik or no Maalik.
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Looks like we are getting Ben Davis the former 5 Star LB from Bama. Juwan is JuOutta Here

I think they are looking at Ben Davis as another edge guy. Don’t think he’s equipped to play ILB in this defense at his size. 

No obvious relief from the Juwan experience yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, UncleSonny said:

I think they are looking at Ben Davis as another edge guy. Don’t think he’s equipped to play ILB in this defense at his size. 

No obvious relief from the Juwan experience yet. 

Yeah, came here to say this. Ben Davis buys another year of development for Jaylen Ford. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Looks like we are getting Ben Davis the former 5 Star LB from Bama. Juwan is JuOutta Here

It's in the transfer thread. 

Dude has 7 tackles in 5 seasons. I know he was a 5* and consensus #1 LB in 2016, but he may not be the linebacking savior we're looking for. Or maybe a change of scenery is what he needs.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

No. We took 2 QBs last class. One is a PWO, but had offers from other schools.

Taking 2 QBs never works, and you end up wasting a year or two of development on another player that could have contributed.

Ah forgot about the PWO. Though I disagree about it never working. We don't want to get back into that one per year bell cow thing not to hurt someone's feelings when we need bodies.

Just now, mwaadeeb said:

Ah forgot about the PWO. Though I disagree about it never working. We don't want to get back into that one per year bell cow thing not to hurt someone's feelings when we need bodies.

Need bodies? You don't need 6 bodies in the room. That's like having 14 WRs in the room.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting