Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

15 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Both white, Both QBs. Only one is related to NFL QBs, only one was once committed to Texas.

15 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Archie Manning is in the Hall of Fame. Ewers is in High School.

Using Hudson Card’s hands as one unit, how far can they throw a football?

25 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I know some hate ewers because he decommited but who would want to play for Herman?

I would definitely want him back in the class. Fine with Murphy still.

No one "hates" Quinn. We're just being salty because another Texas kid that we were his dream school has committed to fOSU, and that shit is annoying as fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

No one "hates" Quinn. We're just being salty because another Texas kid that we were his dream school has committed to fOSU, and that shit is annoying as fuck. 

It’s really weird that he flipped and committed to OSU so quick. I bet he is definitely regretting not letting things play out.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fug said:

It’s really weird that he flipped and committed to OSU so quick. I bet he is definitely regretting not letting things play out.

I think he's probably not as committed as some think. He seems genuine and made a rash decision. I think he's probably a soft commit, but them and us will chase him until the end. No way Sark is giving up on a kid who grew up loving the burnt orange. Can we flip him? Who knows. But he's not afraid of competition. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If he were going to flip back, he should have done it two weeks ago, before Maalik committed. We're in a different place now, especially with Maalik using his relationships to build the 22 class. It seems obvious that we would take Ewers with open arms, but it's hard to say without knowing how it would affect Maalik and the guys in the pipeline due to Maalik.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

If he were going to flip back, he should have done it two weeks ago, before Maalik committed. We're in a different place now, especially with Maalik using his relationships to build the 22 class. It seems obvious that we would take Ewers with open arms, but it's hard to say without knowing how it would affect Maalik and the guys in the pipeline due to Maalik.

It would hurt us with Coleman, who is unlikely anyway, but the rest of the skill guys are Texas kids and they would have no issues with Maalik or Quinn.

But yeah, Quinn had his shot, and blew it twice. You move forward with Maalik.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Viper said:

my reading of it was that Ohio State reached out to Klubnik because they are thinking Ewers might flip.

Not keeping some backup plans warm is straight out the Herb Hand School of Recruiting. It might be the case, but I don't see why there has to be any correlation between tOSU contacting Klubnik and them worrying about Ewers. Would be a massive fuckup on their part to not talk to any other QBs even if they think Ewers is 100% solid.

45 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I’m going Hudson to flip. Pure plums but with that TFB video and Murphy hinting at a third guy dropping soon, knowing that him and Hudson are bros plus the IT soft commit stuff...

It was thought that Brenen Thompson was likely to OU until they "filled up" at WR. If we flip Hudson, wonder if they come after Thompson hard again.

9 minutes ago, Fug said:

This has always made me feel like there's less chance with Ewers than we'd like there to be. Bailing on Tom Herman makes total sense. But if Texas is the lifelong favorite, etc, why not just let shit play out a little bit? He could have waited until this spring to commit anywhere.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

He should be regretting it because Sark is building a Ferrari and because Columbus is cold and grey and nasty as shit for about six months out of the year.

And the other half is winter.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
I type like Sydney Carton.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Not keeping some backup plans warm is straight out the Herb Hand School of Recruiting. It might be the case, but I don't see why there has to be any correlation between tOSU contacting Klubnik and them worrying about Ewers. Would be a massive fuckup on their part to not talk to any other QBs even if they think Ewers is 100% solid.

Unless that leads to the guy going from wavering to decommitting. I personally think that it help tOSU that Ewers already decommitted once.

57 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy poster on 247 saying Brennan Thompson visiting this weekend.

"Brennan, come look at how we underutilize WRs in person. You will love the seats on the sidelines we have for WRs, it gives you a great view to all the plays we design for the TE."

• Hook 'Em 3

I just watched Hutson's film and didn't get a great feel for him. Lots of it is filmed from the surface of the moon and it's a lot of clips of him just flattening kids that he outweighs by 90 pounds.

Good mean streak. Feet look pretty nimble. They actually show a little pass pro which seems rare for OL tapes. He lets guys get into his body a little too much but otherwise looks pretty good. He's a guard all the way, FWIW.

The problem isn’t that he decommitted.  No one will blame him for that.  He immediately flipped to tOSU.  That’s fine as well.  Here’s where the issue lies.  From my understanding from what was posted on various boards was that Sark had given him multiples chances to flip and was basically told he’s sticking with tOSU.  Since then, we seem to be picking up the best skill players and got ourselves a 5 star QB that is very well liked by his peers.  Sark has had a relationship with Murphy’s family for a while.  I think taking Ewers commitment will probably make Sark look very bad in the eyes of a lot of west coast recruits, trainers, and coaches.  If Ewers is indeed getting cold feet (who knows how true this is), our coaches will need to weigh if it’s worth the negative effects of it at this point.  Another consideration would be if we have an average season due to injuries or a coaching transition, Ewers has already shown he will bail immediately.  

I’m interested to see how this plays out but either way, we’re going to be on the winning end with whomever we take at QB. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I've heard nothing but good things about her. Very interesting title though. #1 it means that recruiting department will be large scale, #2 wonder if it means anything for Harris.

This isn't really a new position. She'll facilitate visits, set things up for parents, etc. We had someone doing this already under Herman.  It doesn't have anything to do with Harris' role.  

Edited by Burt Macklin

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting