Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

20 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I think he helps with the Cali pipeline Sark is trying to establish. I have to think a lot of thought went into taking Maalik's commitment this early in the cycle. They could very easily have gone with Klubnik.

Or they went with who they thought had the most potential. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Know nothing about this kid but based on where he’s from normally i would say lsu lock with the only other option being bama, as they can pull a few kids across Mississippi like Moses and Fitzpatrick. 

Wiltfong (Five-star safety Jacoby Mathews dishes on his top six schools)

Spoiler

Five-star safety Jacoby Mathews dishes on his top six schools
STEVE WILTFONG

Ponchatoula (La.) High five-star safety Jacoby Mathews narrowed his list of close to 30 offers to six schools on Friday night.

The programs he’s highest on include “Florida, Texas, LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma and Mississippi State.” He says he’ll focus on these schools moving forward.

“I think I’m going to wait it out to the All-American game and sign there,” Mathews said of his timeline.

From this group, the Longhorns, Gators and local Tigers are making the biggest impression.

“Texas, they have a good staff they just built and how much they call me and let me know I’m a priority there,” Mathews said. He is talking regularly with Steve Sarkisian and Terry Joseph.

“Florida, Coach (Dan) Mullen and Coach (Keiwan) Rat(liff) and Coach Crime (Wesley McGriff) they hit me up daily. They always FaceTime me when the boys are getting in work and they let me know what it is and they’re making me a big priority there. They play five safeties. Their defense is fast to the ball and super aggressive and I want to be able to go in somewhere where I can attack the ball and make plays with others that can do the same.”

“LSU that’s the first offer and of course it’s the home town team. I don’t like the teams to shy away from me because it’s the hometown school. Coach (Ed) O(rgeron) hits me up like three times a week, him personally telling me he was the first to offer and that’s a special feeling. I like how the depth chart is looking. They don’t have anyone committed or anyone on roster and I feel I can go there and ball out on their defense three years in a row and get to the league.”

The Sooners and Bulldogs have been near the top for Mathews for much of the process.

“Mississippi State that’s a day one school. Mason Smith is doing a good job recruiting me. They always call and keep in touch. Most of that isn’t about football. That’s what I like most about them, they’re genuine people that prepare you for life after football. The way they play with their safeties they put them everywhere on the field, in the box, over the top at nickel and I feel I’m a safety that can play all those spots.”

“Oklahoma I’ve built a good relationship with Coach (Alex) Grinch and Coach Lincoln Riley. For them to hit me up almost daily, it’s a good feeling to know it’s coming from the two most important coaches on the staff. I feel they have the fastest defense in college football.”

Alabama is the schools that has been rising in the ranks for Mathews.

“Coach Pete Golding is a guy from my area. He came out and offered me personally at my school and ever since then we’ve been super tight. He always shows me Zoom calls and how he can use me on the field.”

The 247Sports Composite tabs Mathews as the country’s No. 2 safety and No. 32 prospect overall.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Funny, that's what I think too, Lincoln. You're about to know what it feels like to have a tramp stamp instead of a belly button tat, bitch.

Haha we're gonna fuck up their shit this year and he's going to be an even bigger cunt about it than last time. It will be glorious

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Bevo14 said:

Haha we're gonna fuck up their shit this year and he's going to be an even bigger cunt about it than last time. It's going to be a repeat of 45-35. It will be glorious

I pray that this happens with Casey Thompson starting, so we can watch RJ Young self-immolate at midfield with a Fletcher's in every orifice after the game.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

No, having 2 QBs can be bad for the class. Maalik plays in the same 7x7 circuit as many of our targets and he appears to be a good leader. I am worried if he decommits, it will mess with the momentum and chemistry.  That is my take.

The King of Bad Takes strikes again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tree Fidy said:

He fucking bailed on Tom Herman, just like the rest of us.  I will never understand dying on this hill.  

Definitely not dying on the hill. If he wants back in fine, but I’m not going to fellate the kid because he’s this year’s #1 qb.  I’ve just moved on and really don’t care where he ends up unless it’s at Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think most of the board lands somewhere in the reasonable middle between: 

1. the class is a joke and a failure without Ewers 

2. fuck Ewers the blood traitor forever 

3. If he does flip I just hope he does it late or secretly because we don’t want to take the momentum hit of landing the number 1 player in the nation. 

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He bailed on Texas too, unlike all of us. 

JFC he bailed on Herman. Even during Charlie’s shit years, I watched. I missed multiple games this season because I had other shit to get done. Tom Herman pushed me to the brink of hating Longhorn football. If you want to play the “I’m UT’s biggest fan” then go ahead but don’t fault the rest of us and Ewers for getting visibly ill at the thought of Tom Herman Texas football. Fuck!

• Hook 'Em 6

19 minutes ago, Run Run Run Punt said:

JFC he bailed on Herman. Even during Charlie’s shit years, I watched. I missed multiple games this season because I had other shit to get done. Tom Herman pushed me to the brink of hating Longhorn football. If you want to play the “I’m UT’s biggest fan” then go ahead but don’t fault the rest of us and Ewers for getting visibly ill at the thought of Tom Herman Texas football. Fuck!

I’m not going to get into some argument, but I’m not disappointed that he decommitted, that’s understandable. What irritates me is that he jumped right into bed with osu instead of waiting to see how the Texas situation played out. He was a year out from signing, there was no rush. 

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I think most of the board lands somewhere in the reasonable middle between: 

1. the class is a joke and a failure without Ewers 

2. fuck Ewers the blood traitor forever 

3. If he does flip I just hope he does it late or secretly because we don’t want to take the momentum hit of landing the number 1 player in the nation. 

Wouldn’t 2 be the middle of 1 and 3. 

27 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

I had longhorn games as a priority from 1994-2019.  Maybe missed 5 total games in that span. 

Herman coaching and Sam playing fullback didn't make me be anti-UT...but all of a sudden in 2020, I would go with my wife to my daughter's play dates and soccer games that I normally would get out of 11 or 12x a year because the family became a higher priority on fall Saturdays. 

All I ask is for Sark to let me ignore my family again for a few months.  Make the world right again. 

Same here, it was like a switch flipped. Covid probably helped, but I stopped giving a fuck for the first time in nearly 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The best part is we have a superior RB and WR's to match up well with theirs. Sark is a great offensive mind, so I won't be  as nervous this year. 

It's a rivalry game. I am a basket of nerves every year. Hell I was nervous when the 05 team ran them out of the cotton bowl.

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I guess 1 and 2 are the opposite ends, get him back into the class at any cost vs never allow him back under any circumstance. 

3 is just kind of a baffling position that exists on its own. 

3 ensures Ewers and his family will have a chance to watch Texas football in the fall and be comfortable with the commitment. There is no chance of another public embarrassment for Texas. Their family is looking for a program that will compete at a high level. OSU is the comfort pick right now. If he flips to us now and we have a bad season, he won't stick and may cause a ripple effect late in the cycle.

1 hour ago, Hornbeliever said:

I had longhorn games as a priority from 1994-2019.  Maybe missed 5 total games in that span. 

Herman coaching and Sam playing fullback didn't make me be anti-UT...but all of a sudden in 2020, I would go with my wife to my daughter's play dates and soccer games that I normally would get out of 11 or 12x a year because the family became a higher priority on fall Saturdays. 

All I ask is for Sark to let me ignore my family again for a few months.  Make the world right again. 

I got several texts this season along the lines of “What is going on with your team?/Lol did you see that? What was Herman thinking?/We are terrible”

my response: “Yeah I quit watching awhile ago”

I can’t decide if I hated Tom Herman or what he was doing to my team more.

I’m really glad we’ve got a “Hype Season” that’s going so well. Can’t wait to see the X’s and O’s this Fall.

40 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It's a rivalry game. I am a basket of nerves every year. Hell I was nervous when the 05 team ran them out of the cotton bowl.

Not me. My shit talking inside the fairgrounds pre-game was turnt up that day! Ridiculed sooners all over and they had little to say. They knew it was coming. 

BOOOOOO-Mar BOOOOOO-Mar BOOOOOO-Mar you suck!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Not me. My shit talking inside the fairgrounds pre-game was turnt up that day! Ridiculed sooners all over and they had little to say. They knew it was coming. 

BOOOOOO-Mar BOOOOOO-Mar BOOOOOO-Mar you suck!

I was there. I can vouch. Tex Pete literally did his best impression of a regarded Adrian Peterson with a high ankle sprain as he gimped into the middle of the Ou band, which was marching through the midway into the stadium before the game. And when I say, the middle, I mean trombones in his face and flutes in his ass. He could not have been more in the middle the band. 

We had outstanding seats, so Larry Burdine could hear Pete clearly during timeouts as Pete yelled, “Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?!?!” 

He was in rare form. It was glorious. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

This was the one and ONLY time I’ve ever had the balls to sit in the South End of the Cotton Bowl, in the middle of enemy territory. 
And man was it was fun to watch VY hit Billy Pitman on the wheel route.

Then to see Robinson and the advent of “Bomar’d” with Big ol’ Rod Wright’s scoop & score...just glorious.  

@sark/ That was fun. Let’s do that again. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting