Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Super K on Brandon Harris

Reveal hidden contents

Earlier this week, Texas Director of Recruiting, Brandon Harris was offered a NFL position. Soon after the offer was made, we were told that Harris would likely be accepting the position.

I am told that this may no longer be the case.

Source indicated that coach Sarkisian spoke with Harris today and was apparently extremely convincing. I’m told he laid out a compelling vision for Harris’ future growth at Texas.

As of Friday evening, I’m told things went from he was as good as gone to, he’s leaning towards staying.

2022 class to the moon 🚀

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Super K on Brandon Harris

Hide contents

Earlier this week, Texas Director of Recruiting, Brandon Harris was offered a NFL position. Soon after the offer was made, we were told that Harris would likely be accepting the position.

I am told that this may no longer be the case.

Source indicated that coach Sarkisian spoke with Harris today and was apparently extremely convincing. I’m told he laid out a compelling vision for Harris’ future growth at Texas.

As of Friday evening, I’m told things went from he was as good as gone to, he’s leaning towards staying.

Got dam Sark can recruit! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oh boy. Time for Nahlin to start thinking of it as the expected class and get really in his feelings if it doesn't happen.

I'll take that as a no. 

[spoiler] 

IT Recruiting Matters: My 2022 best class scenario
 Thread starterGerry Hamilton  Start dateToday at 9:52 AM
IT Members Only
Next

Moderation
Jump to new
Watch

•••
 Gerry Hamilton
Gerry Hamilton
ESPN Recruiting Analyst  Staff member
Today at 9:52 AM
New
Add bookmark

You want a top 5 class? Well, I’ll give you a top 5 class … scenario.

Let me be clear, this is my best class scenario for Texas. And for those that don’t know my background, I wanted JT Barrett over Tyrone Swoopes, I prefer a first year head coach locks down the state, especially with this otherworldly 2022 class of ballers, and I didn’t put a future forecast of Texas in for Jason Llewellyn a few minutes before he committed to Oklahoma.

So what do I know? Hell if I know. But here goes my best class scenario for the Longhorns with the understanding that the Texas staff may well look at prospects and positions differently and the recruiting board is always moving in Austin.

QB Quinn Ewers, Southlake Carroll (Ohio State commit)
6-3, 210, his IT handle is @UTwuz

QB Maalik Murphy, Junipero Serra (Texas commit)
6-5, 225, big arm and big personality

RB Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain (Texas commit)
5-10.5, 205, Blues Clues

RB Feeling bigger back take as No. 2 in the class
6-0, 200+, downhill hammer with feet in the hole

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty (Texas commit)
6-0, 175, blur.0

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman
5-10, 165, blur.0

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland High (Oklahoma commit)
6-1, 180, best ball skills in America in 2022

WR Chris Marshall, Fort Bend Marshall
6-3, 195, 20 points per game in hoops in Fort Bend ISD!

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (Texas commit)
6-2, 180, Margin Hooks

TE N/A
0-0, 000, 0.0

OT Neto Umeozulu, Allen
6-4, 300, Texas owns Allen High

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek
6-5, 300, plays for Kenny Harrison

OT Jacob Sexton, Deer Creek
6-5, 285, Bryan White, Keith Frierson and Mike Garcia helping recruit this big fella

OT/G Kam Dewberry, Atascocita
6-4, 320, 82-inch wingspan Kyle Flood will use to fight off Texas A&M

OG Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie
6-4, 305, @WilliamsDavid will do 1,500 fingertip pushups at IT's Coastal Plains Happy Hour if Campbell signs with Texas

OG Connor Robertson or Cole Hutson
Texas should win out on one of the two.

DT Jaray Bledsoe, Bremond
6-4, 270, TexAgs should film documentary

DT Kristopher Ross, North Shore
6-3, 265, family connection to Nipsey Hussle

DE/EDGE Derrick Brown, Texas High
6-4.5, 205, thinks @Justin Wells is a close talker

DE/EDGE D.J. Wesolak, Booneville (MO)
6-5, 236, good buddy in area, Tyson Ford, is a verbal to ND

LB Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin
6-1, 200, loves special teams contact

LB Harold Perkins, Cy Park
6-2.5, 200, Aggie lock from New Orleans that likes Alabama and loves Tim Brewster

S Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo
6-0, 190, favorite IT poster is @keganr

N/CB/S Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
5-11, 185, James Brown vs. Chip Ambres recruitment … you know James loves predictions!

N/CB Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial
6-0, 180, Golden Triangle toughness

CB/N/S Terrance Brooks, Plano John Paul II
5-11, 185, George Teague/Chet Brooks/Mom loves Bay Area

CB Denver Harris, North Shore
6-1, 180, Eric Nahlin with a percentage of 100

K Blake Ford, Arlington Lamar
6-0, 190, Chris Sailer No. 1 ranked 2022 kicker

Notes:
*That would be a class of 20’ish 4-star/5-star prospects, which will get you in the top 5 in the 2022 cycle.

*Texas would absolutely send a message that the Longhorns intend to sign as many top prospects from inside the state lines as possible.

*Went with six OL’s out of program need, likely one more than the staff will go with.

*If it’s five OL’s, expectation is another DE/EDGE prospect or a sixth DB.
Last edited: Today at 12:30 PM [/spoiler]

• Hook 'Em 9

11 hours ago, Vertigo said:

It's a rivalry game. I am a basket of nerves every year. Hell I was nervous when the 05 team ran them out of the cotton bowl.

I'm always a basket of nerves, but this time I really think Sark will know what to do and not have his ass puckered. He knows how to prepare and we have a shit ton of skill position players to match up with. Of course, I'm saying this in February and October is a long time away, so we'll see how I'm feeling then. 

11 hours ago, westexhorn said:

i am not sure we have superior WRs

Yeah, I shouldn't have said that. I should have said we have a good team of receivers that can match, but there's have been in a system far longer. But the good news is Riley has no idea how to prepare for what Sark will throw out there, and between Bijan, Josh Moore, and a healthy Whittington, I'd be surprised if we didn't look like the better team. But I'm also biased, so ou will forever suck and we're better. 

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, I shouldn't have said that. I should have said we have a good team of receivers that can match, but there's have been in a system far longer. But the good news is Riley has no idea how to prepare for what Sark will throw out there, and between Bijan, Josh Moore, and a healthy Whittington, I'd be surprised if we didn't look like the better team. But I'm also biased, so ou will forever suck and we're better. 

A healthy Whittington seems like less than a sure thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sark schemes matchups and runs plays that work into the ground until they’re stopped. Grinch, and the rest of the B12 will have to match athletes. blOU has the athletes on defense, but can Grinch keep them from thinking too much with the amount of moving around Sark will force them to do? Or can we force them into soft coverage and dink and dunk them into oblivion? I’m really excited for the creative dcs that try to disguise zone pressure, but Grinch is smarter than that (I think)
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

A healthy Whittington seems like less than a sure thing.

Yeah, definitely. I was gonna add in Omeire too, but again, can he even play yet? I'd like to see Marcus Washington finally put it together with a fresh slate. Same with Jake Smith. I don't know how much Sark uses the TE, but I'd like to see him utilize Wiley properly. 

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Sark schemes matchups and runs plays that work into the ground until they’re stopped. Grinch, and the rest of the B12 will have to match athletes. blOU has the athletes on defense, but can Grinch keep them from thinking too much with the amount of moving around Sark will force them to do? Or can we force them into soft coverage and dink and dunk them into oblivion? I’m really excited for the creative dcs that try to disguise zone pressure, but Grinch is smarter than that (I think)

Appreciate the breakdown. That's very cool, and I agree 100% with you. 

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

I'll take that as a no. 

[spoiler] 

Thread starterGerry Hamilton  Start dateToday at 9:52 AM
IT Members Only
Next

Moderation
Jump to new
Watch

•••
 Gerry Hamilton
Gerry Hamilton
ESPN Recruiting Analyst  Staff member
Today at 9:52 AM
New
Add bookmark

You want a top 5 class? Well, I’ll give you a top 5 class … scenario.

Let me be clear, this is my best class scenario for Texas. And for those that don’t know my background, I wanted JT Barrett over Tyrone Swoopes, I prefer a first year head coach locks down the state, especially with this otherworldly 2022 class of ballers, and I didn’t put a future forecast of Texas in for Jason Llewellyn a few minutes before he committed to Oklahoma.

So what do I know? Hell if I know. But here goes my best class scenario for the Longhorns with the understanding that the Texas staff may well look at prospects and positions differently and the recruiting board is always moving in Austin.

QB Quinn Ewers, Southlake Carroll (Ohio State commit)
6-3, 210, his IT handle is @UTwuz

QB Maalik Murphy, Junipero Serra (Texas commit)
6-5, 225, big arm and big personality

RB Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain (Texas commit)
5-10.5, 205, Blues Clues

RB Feeling bigger back take as No. 2 in the class
6-0, 200+, downhill hammer with feet in the hole

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty (Texas commit)
6-0, 175, blur.0

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman
5-10, 165, blur.0

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland High (Oklahoma commit)
6-1, 180, best ball skills in America in 2022

WR Chris Marshall, Fort Bend Marshall
6-3, 195, 20 points per game in hoops in Fort Bend ISD!

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (Texas commit)
6-2, 180, Margin Hooks

TE N/A
0-0, 000, 0.0

OT Neto Umeozulu, Allen
6-4, 300, Texas owns Allen High

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek
6-5, 300, plays for Kenny Harrison

OT Jacob Sexton, Deer Creek
6-5, 285, Bryan White, Keith Frierson and Mike Garcia helping recruit this big fella

OT/G Kam Dewberry, Atascocita
6-4, 320, 82-inch wingspan Kyle Flood will use to fight off Texas A&M

OG Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie
6-4, 305, @WilliamsDavid will do 1,500 fingertip pushups at IT's Coastal Plains Happy Hour if Campbell signs with Texas

OG Connor Robertson or Cole Hutson
Texas should win out on one of the two.

DT Jaray Bledsoe, Bremond
6-4, 270, TexAgs should film documentary

DT Kristopher Ross, North Shore
6-3, 265, family connection to Nipsey Hussle

DE/EDGE Derrick Brown, Texas High
6-4.5, 205, thinks @Justin Wells is a close talker

DE/EDGE D.J. Wesolak, Booneville (MO)
6-5, 236, good buddy in area, Tyson Ford, is a verbal to ND

LB Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin
6-1, 200, loves special teams contact

LB Harold Perkins, Cy Park
6-2.5, 200, Aggie lock from New Orleans that likes Alabama and loves Tim Brewster

S Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo
6-0, 190, favorite IT poster is @keganr

N/CB/S Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
5-11, 185, James Brown vs. Chip Ambres recruitment … you know James loves predictions!

N/CB Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial
6-0, 180, Golden Triangle toughness

CB/N/S Terrance Brooks, Plano John Paul II
5-11, 185, George Teague/Chet Brooks/Mom loves Bay Area

CB Denver Harris, North Shore
6-1, 180, Eric Nahlin with a percentage of 100

K Blake Ford, Arlington Lamar
6-0, 190, Chris Sailer No. 1 ranked 2022 kicker

Notes:
*That would be a class of 20’ish 4-star/5-star prospects, which will get you in the top 5 in the 2022 cycle.

*Texas would absolutely send a message that the Longhorns intend to sign as many top prospects from inside the state lines as possible.

*Went with six OL’s out of program need, likely one more than the staff will go with.

*If it’s five OL’s, expectation is another DE/EDGE prospect or a sixth DB.
Last edited: Today at 12:30 PM [/spoiler]

Am I reading this wrong, or does Gerry think we're getting Ewers and Murphy?

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He doesn’t think that. It’s his best case most optimistic if everything breaks perfectly scenario. 

Thank you. I just saw he mentioned his Twitter handle @UTwiz so it threw me off like he's saying "he hasn't changed it so he's still in play" type scenario 

55 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, definitely. I was gonna add in Omeire too, but again, can he even play yet? I'd like to see Marcus Washington finally put it together with a fresh slate. Same with Jake Smith. I don't know how much Sark uses the TE, but I'd like to see him utilize Wiley properly. 

Kelvontay Dixon ... cough cough.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Personally, i think Jonathan Brooks fills the power back role nicely. I wouldn't mind a blazing fast scat back type that we can deploy in the screen game.

But that’s not really his game. Maybe the term power back mean’s something else now in the modern spread offense but he is just an all around, every down RB. Just because he does not posses high end speed or that is our perception does not make him a power back.

Edited by Newy25
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting