Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

not too long ago, wasn't caleb throwing the double horns down? perchance this just got interesting?

I don't think so. I figured this would happen when Maaliks QB coach asked for receivers in the austin area. Much of the 995ers have said Burton wanted out of Texas regardless, but theres always a chance I guess?

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Personally, i think Jonathan Brooks fills the power back role nicely. I wouldn't mind a blazing fast scat back type that we can deploy in the screen game.

Brooks is not a power back at all.

It’ll be interesting to see who we take as RB2. Citizen, Miller, and Jones all seem like great options if we can get them. Idk anything about Gaston yet, but I expect we’ll land a really good RB2 in this class. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Andrew Hattersley, on Bryce Anderson.

Spoiler

Top247 S Bryce Anderson includes A&M in top group

Andrew Hattersley

It’s been roughly a month since Top247 safety Bryce Anderson backed off his LSU pledge and reopened his recruitment. After hearing from numerous schools over the past few weeks, the Beaumont West Brook standout has narrowed his list of schools down to five.

Texas A&M was included in that top group along with Texas, LSU, Michigan and USC. The Aggies have shown plenty of interest in Anderson since he reopened his recruitment with defensive backs coach TJ Rushing and others in contact with the four-star safety on a regular basis.

“They call me every other day. They are recruiting me hard and telling me to listen to them. They've been showing me the concepts, how they run their defense, the base defense all the stuff they've been doing.”

Texas currently holds close to 90 percent of the Crystal Ball projections and has been another program showing heavy interest in the top-100 safety.

“I like them a lot,” Anderson said. “I've been talking to coach [Blake] Gideon, I've been talking to coach [Terry] Joseph. I have a really good relationship with them. They call me every day, Facetime me every day. We have a Zoom meeting coming up where they are going to teach me about what they do the most, their defense like I said they run a lot of man, a lot zone and they said they want to see how they can develop me. They watched some of my film and they are going to study on that.”

At 6-foot, 190 pounds, Anderson is rated as the nation’s No. 61 overall prospect and No. 4 safety in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

247Sports Evaluation: Requisite frame for high-major DB prospect. Looks and plays taller and longer than listed size. Dynamic athlete with verified track speed. Ran a 10.92 100 and 22.03 200 as a freshman. Speed manifests on the field. Has played both ways as dual-threat QB and DB, but long-term fit is in the secondary. Could provide versatility thanks to athleticism, instincts, and awareness. Capable in man coverage, but also terrific covering territory as a deep safety. Agile and fluid in the short area with great top-end speed. Will need to continue to gain size to maximize functional strength and tackling ability. Honing technical skills in coverage will make terrific athleticism that much more dangerous. One of the top defensive prospects in Texas for 2022. Projects to Power 5 level with long-term potential to become valuable multi-year starter.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting