Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

For those of us who are not as skilled in scouting as others, what exactly makes this guy a project? Usually I hear that about a gifted athlete who had a lot of work to do on their mechanics and timing. This guy is slinging it accurately all over the field with ease. This doesn’t look like a project at all. 

He hasn't played against live competition in over a year, so there is no proof of his workouts transitioning to real games.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

As strong of an arm as he has, he still looks like he throws off of his back foot a good bit. When he really learns to drive it, it should be insane.

Yep he seems to mask some sloppy footwork and poor body control with pure arm talent. Those are easily fixable especially under Sark. He’s already shown the ability to go through progressions in 7 on 7 which has undoubtedly bolstered his ranking. Cant remember who it was on here that said his numbers could indicate accuracy concerns. Gonna be hard to tell where he is there without some live bullets.  

7 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Yep he seems to mask some sloppy footwork and poor body control with pure arm talent. Those are easily fixable especially under Sark. He’s already shown the ability to go through progressions in 7 on 7 which has undoubtedly bolstered his ranking. Cant remember who it was on here that said his numbers could indicate accuracy concerns. Gonna be hard to tell where he is there without some live bullets.  

I think the most important part is he's shown improvement over the course of a pandemic year with limited reps and is therefore coachable. I have faith in Sark and Milwee to provide whatever he needs to get there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Here's an example of where he's able to get a good plant in and throw a frozen rope, but his footwork getting there is just a bit labored. Just needs to get his lower half more active. I sometimes wonder if this is a byproduct of being in a more relaxed drill setting. In live games, guys can naturally pick up some snap in general just bc their brain is working much faster. Thats just a ridiculous ball he throws there though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Here's an example of where he's able to get a good plant in and throw a frozen rope, but his footwork getting there is just a bit labored. Just needs to get his lower half more active. I sometimes wonder if this is a byproduct of being in a more relaxed drill setting. In live games, guys can naturally pick up some snap in general just bc their brain is working much faster. Thats just a ridiculous ball he throws there though. 

Footwork usually gets sloppier in games, not better. His footwork from his sophomore film was very bad. He certainly looks like he’s improved since then. He’ll never be great with footwork, but he can certainly keep getting better.  

They are starting to pump Gaston from Newton. 
https://247sports.com/player/deanthony-gatson-46102363/

I remember Newton... I think they had an interesting running back named Darwin Barlow in the 2019 class. Pretty sure Barlow is at TCU right now. Looks like they’ve offered Gatson already and could have a built-in connection with him.

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Also, aggy went from not being in his top 16 to now in top 7.

This is such bullshit. These fucking preemo donnas just change up their top 7 with a team not even in their top 16? I don’t know what it is with these me first gen Zers but back in my day your top 16 fucking meant something. You kept your word and you looked people in the eye when you said OK Boomer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, The Ghost of Hau Pham said:

I remember Newton... I think they had an interesting running back named Darwin Barlow in the 2019 class. Pretty sure Barlow is at TCU right now. Looks like they’ve offered Gatson already and could have a built-in connection with him.

I remember Newton...I think they had an interesting running back named Anthony Byerly in the 1982 class.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting