Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

So to reset on WR recruiting, we'll take 4 or 5. Currently have Stewart & Winfield committed and have a reasonable shot at: 

McMillan - Coleman - C.J. Williams - Thompson - Hudson - Marshall

Any two out of those makes it a WR class that rivals Roy, BJ, Sloan right? Even if he may not be the driving force behind these recruitments, Andre Coleman is at least not a drag in recruiting on this staff.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UncleSonny said:

So to reset on WR recruiting, we'll take 4 or 5. Currently have Stewart & Winfield committed and have a reasonable shot at: 

McMillan - Coleman - C.J. Williams - Thompson - Hudson - Marshall

Any two out of those makes it a WR class that rivals Roy, BJ, Sloan right? Even if he may not be the driving force behind these recruitments, Andre Coleman is at least not a drag in recruiting on this staff.

Still not sure what our chances on the first three are, especially since I don't think they've been able to visit yet. I'm so used to being the runner up in these out of state battles under Herman. It'll be nice if we can grab one of those guys.

30 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Sir, we sometimes joke about Aggy on here. Sorry it rubbed you the wrong way (I'm not). Had you replied back in the first place, I'd have just given you the middle finger back there. It's not thin-skinned, it's letting you know I saw your middle-finger and disagreed with it. 

Carry on.

You're not addressing what I actually said, and guess what? Still aggy to blame others for the racism of our donors, and even more aggy to attack Tex who is one of the few people who actually contribute to this board. Even more to go through my post history and neg me because you're such a bitch you can't stand someone disagreeing with you and negging you 1st. But it's ok you said sir so surely that means you're gentleman that has the high ground of this discussion while being on the side of the racists. And don't use "we" to throw other people into your racist pool.

• Fuck You 20

14 minutes ago, Teryor said:

You're not addressing what I actually said, and guess what? Still aggy to blame others for the racism of our donors, and even more aggy to attack Tex who is one of the few people who actually contribute to this board. Even more to go through my post history and neg me because you're such a bitch you can't stand someone disagreeing with you and negging you 1st. But it's ok you said sir so surely that means you're gentleman that has the high ground of this discussion while being on the side of the racists. And don't use "we" to throw other people into your racist pool.

Sigh. Yes, I did address it. I don't blame aggy for it, because it was A JOKE. Like I said, we sometimes joke about Aggy here. No, I do not think aggy is behind it.

I did not "attack" texifornia. Holy hell, have you seen what attacks look like here? Yet again, just a joke, because Tex is one of our more serious posters here, especially on this specific board.

And like I said, I only negged you just as a "yah well fuck you, too!" And how's that being more of a bitch than you negging me just because you don't like my point? And who even gives a fuck about negs? I've got plenty of positive rep, I don't give a shit about losing a point to a humorless twit, I just wanted to say "Fuck you" back. 

That's it, I'm not gunna waste any more space on this thread. Let's get some 'croots

Edited by UncleBuck

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

I had gotten the impression we were in the lead for Dewberry. Is Bama and A&M being ahead a recent development or have I been blinded by the sunshine pumping?

The update made it sound like mom or dad favors aggy. Probably why aggy has remained confident during our supposed surge

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

He's good, but he's not in the discussion as the top WR in the state while Evan Stewart exists 

sure he is. 

Person 1) Who's the best WR in the state?

Person 2) Evan Stewart followed by Chris Marshall

Person 1) I agree. Good discussion!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Getafix said:

A similarly bland article on Marshall, from Perroni.  

In the comments ... 

image.thumb.png.ddd482e1f6f4e0c7d6bdab64d9e89d8f.png

Of course they would. Jimbo has taken a 11 WRs in his 3+ classes so far. I guess it does help that 3 have already portaled, but taking 5+ in one class makes total sense for a LOS league.

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Texas still an option for four-star running back Jovantae Barnes

Warning: Some of you may find this content disturbing.  Or so a "birdie" told me.  To polite applause.  Har har.

(Ex:  Stan Drayton is the main point of contact for the Longhorns, and Barnes said he likes the way Drayton approaches his recruitment.

“I just love talking to him,” Barnes said.)

Spoiler

Texas still an option for four-star running back Jovantae Barnes

MikeRoach

LAS VEGAS — Jovantae Barnes is hard at work in the offseason improving his body. He’s also working through a busy recruitment. The four-star running back from Las Vegas (NV) Desert Pines is hearing from a ton of different schools and Texas is in that group as well.

“There’s a lot of schools that definitely recruit me hard,” he said. “USC, OU, Miami, Georgia, LSU and Alabama. Me and the Texas coach kind of have a strong bond. He doesn’t call me all the time but he calls me when it’s time to have a talk. Every talk is different. It’s not always about me being good at this or good at that but we just have different conversations about life and God. I love talking to him.”

Stan Drayton is the main point of contact for the Longhorns, and Barnes said he likes the way Drayton approaches his recruitment.

“I just love talking to him,” Barnes said. “He’s an all-around great energy guy. It’s not always about football. Obviously, they know it’s about football which is why they threw me an offer, but he asks about family and asks about my brother my sister my mom and my dad are doing good.”

Barnes lived for a period of time in the DFW area and knows what the University of Texas means to the state.

“I used to live in Rowlett,” he said. “I started playing flag football out there, so that’s the first time I ever touched the ball and got out there on the field. That’s the first time I ever became a running back, so I got love for Texas no matter what. One of my closest friends is out there. Texas is just an all-around good program. The coaches are great, and we’ve had different conversations every time, which I like. Taking a visit is one of the biggest factors in my recruitment so it’s kind of hard to say if they are going to be a top school or anything like that.”

Steve Sarkisian’s presence at Texas intrigues Barnes. Seeing the historical success of Alabama running backs in the past few years is encouraging to him.

“For sure,” he said. “You can see what Alabama does and how many running backs they have in the league who are actually doing something. It really stands out to me. Alabama always had a good offense and used their targets well. Texas with Sark, I can’t imagine what they are going to do.”

At 6-feet, 190 pounds, Barnes is ranked as the No. 8 running back in the nation and No. 3 overall prospect in Nevada, according to 247Sports Composite.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Marshall is such an intriguing prospect to me. Obvious deep threat and great ball skills. I know Omeire has the potential to be that guy for us, but who was the last serious deep threat we had? Goodwin? Eagles showed flashes. 

Can Omeire be that guy? He's not exactly a burner.

12 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Marshall is such an intriguing prospect to me. Obvious deep threat and great ball skills. I know Omeire has the potential to be that guy for us, but who was the last serious deep threat we had? Goodwin? Eagles showed flashes. 

I mean, ball skills sure, but Omiere is nobody's deep threat. Some folks here thought he'd be a future TE. 

We've had a lot of guys who can get open deep, but it didn't matter because Ehlinger typically underthrew them all consistently. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Nothing in it is terribly surprising or new - other coaches will probably send out a fleet of screenshots, but Sark can just say "none of us were here for that and the issue is settled" and lowkey point at aggy's Sul Ross statue videos/OU frat racism shit/literally the whole history of every SEC school.

This is the answer.  If any rival school tries to use this to negative recruit, a simple google search will give us enough ammo to combat those methods. 

54 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Of course they would. Jimbo has taken a 11 WRs in his 3+ classes so far. I guess it does help that 3 have already portaled, but taking 5+ in one class makes total sense for a LOS league.

But they're not a LOS league.  Aggy & maybe Kentucky are the only ones playing this stone age 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.  Even Georgia has finally realized that if they want to win that they have to get more electrifying through the air.  I can't begin to understand going to A&M if I'm a WR. 

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Can Omeire be that guy? He's not exactly a burner.

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, ball skills sure, but Omiere is nobody's deep threat. Some folks here thought he'd be a future TE. 

We've had a lot of guys who can get open deep, but it didn't matter because Ehlinger typically underthrew them all consistently. 

I must've confused those reports raving about him. I thought he was an over the top guy. 

19 minutes ago, Run Run Run Punt said:

This is the answer.  If any rival school tries to use this to negative recruit, a simple google search will give us enough ammo to combat those methods. 

Not a great tactic seeing as Sark is on tape from his intro press conference endorsing TEOT and discussing his expectation for players to honor the song

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Not a great tactic seeing as Sark is on tape from his intro press conference endorsing TEOT and discussing his expectation for players to honor the song

The song seems settled at this point, even if they have to play it over the PA. He's talking about the donors being, lets call it "culturally insensitive" for the sake of not further derailing the thread. In which case every Southern school (and plenty outside that area) has a pile of equivalent-or-worse skeletons in the closet to point to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

***At one time, Junior was a USC commit, but I sense they really dropped the ball on his recruitment. Sounds like Orlando and company basically stopped communicating with him and his family and then when he decommitted, they’ve been working to rebuild the relationship.

The Todd Orlando Experience, ladies and gentlemen!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Run Run Run Punt said:

"You don't want to go to that racist shitbag school UT Austin!"

"Where is your school located?"

"Um... Starkville, Mississippi."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

OB article on Malik Agbo

Spoiler

New Texas offensive line coach Kyle Flood has some top in-state targets that he’s prioritizing, but he’s also shown that he’s not afraid to look nationally for elite talent. Several offers have been extended to top national talents from around the country, including one to Federal Way (WA) Todd Beamer standout Malik Agbo.

A Rivals250 member, Agbo picked up his Texas offer on February 15 after talking to Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian.

“Me and coach Sark communicated beforehand. He ended up calling me. I picked up the phone and we talked some good football, talked about the stuff from Bama translating over to Texas in the new start and all that stuff. Then they offered and the rest is history,” Agbo said.

Texas joins a group of more than 20 other schools that have extended Agbo a scholarship. He has a lot of options to sort through, but the UT offer has definitely caught his attention.

“It means a lot. The relationship me and coach Sark have and coach Flood and coach (Jeff) Banks and literally almost all of the Alabama staff that's over at Texas, I've been really interested in those guys,” Agbo said. “Now that I have the opportunity to go play for those guys, it's awesome.”

The 6-6, 320-pound Agbo has a variety of factors that is keeping Texas in the mix in his recruitment.

“Texas is like one of a kind, man. I'm really considering those guys,” Agbo said. “Those guys are always good, the fan base, the atmosphere, the academics – you can get a good degree in three years and then you're in the NFL.”

With offers from many of college football’s power programs, Agbo is taking things slowly and not ruling out any options. He does have a few schools that are standing out but said he doesn’t want to cut out any potential suitors until he has a chance to do sufficient research, and possibly take some visits.

“As of right now, it's nobody. I'm kind of keeping everybody in the mix, but some schools that do stand out are Texas, LSU, Miami is a new one, Oklahoma's a new one, Penn State has been recently hitting me up after they offered,” Agbo said. “I have a wide variety of schools that I'm interested in but I'm kind of keeping my options open for right now.

“Hopefully I can get a couple visits in. If I have to do those virtually, so be it. But a couple visits will be good and then have an opportunity to see the school stuff. I think that's when I'll make my decision, after all that (dead period) stuff is over with.”

So far, Agbo has taken virtual visits to Oklahoma and Oregon State. Expect more to follow. With programs from coast to coast showing interest, Agbo said he’s looking for a program and university that can better him as a football player, but areas like academics and character development will also be key in his eventual decision.

“Really it’s just whatever school is going to put me at the best of my potential to play at the next level and be the best person I can be on and off the field,” he said.

Agbo is ranked as a four-star prospect and checks in at No. 193 on the Rivals250. He and his high school teammates begin practicing for their recently approved spring football season today, with their first game of the abbreviated season set for March 13.

It seems like every 9.95er really likes Agbo's personality. IIRC he's the one that went to pylon 7v7 and ran some routes at TE for fun. 

Couple other OB notes: Feel good about Bryce Anderson. Think the Cali WR is a strong USC lean. Maalik just gives us a prayer. We have a better shot with Hudson than people realize. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting