Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Well I for one, am glad that Caden is leaving. He's also in for a rude awakening with NFL ownership and management. The more he keeps commenting on social media, the more he's sinking his future chances. 

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

One of those guys who always has a burr in his saddle.

That said, he's perfectly within his rights to comment on what he experienced, but you're right that NFL owners/GMs aren't exactly the most receptive group to this kind of thing.

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Laughable. “Some alumni” probably means some aggy on Twitter like Daniel figurelli.  If you got receipts, nows the time playa.

Lmao. The University just had an expose against it published that showed that the football program has some extremely racist and very vocal boosters and y'all's first thought after seeing a player's firsthand experiences is "proof?" and "well he's always complaining about something". Fucking pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 35

20 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Man, this Murphy fella is hard at it recruiting for the good guys. Love it. 

yeah, i have no idea what type of recruiter ewers is, but maalik is at it nonstop and seems to have the type of personality and attitude other top players gravitate towards.  ewers could prove to be a better college quarterback, but i feel like we're in great shape with this take.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Lmao. The University just had an expose against it published that showed that the football program has some extremely racist and very vocal boosters and y'all's first thought after seeing a player's firsthand experiences is "proof?" and "well he's always complaining about something". Fucking pathetic.

I see you defending Caden in several threads. What's the deal? Are you his gf or a relative? He is a selfish bitch and deserves to be called out.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 21

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah, i have no idea what type of recruiter ewers is, but maalik is at it nonstop and seems to have the type of personality and attitude other top players gravitate towards.  ewers could prove to be a better college quarterback, but i feel like we're in great shape with this take.

This is why I liked Maalik from the beginning and didn't care for whether Ewers came back or not. You just get certain vibe from certain players and others tend to gravitate towards them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

1 minute ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I see you defending Caden in several threads. What's the deal? Are you his gf or a relative? He is a selfish bitch and deserves to be called out.

Alrighty, I know I helped instigate but lets move this kind of stuff to the designated EOT kiddy pool and focus only on the narrow recruiting aspects here as they arise. Otherwise it'll just be a shitshow.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Brace yourselves! But Hudson liked this tweet so found it relevant. 

Hide contents

Buckle your straps. Just a hunch guys but he’s committing in 3 days. Have a gut feeling about it. Based purely on hour glasses. 

19 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

I got new members with no post count negging me for this post. 😂 It's a wonderful new world we live in!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 23

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

When it comes to Jordan Hudson, I'm with Snacks Coburn. I don't want a recruit that poses with the Horns down at every given opportunity. There are literally multiple top WR recruits this cycle and Texas already has two committed. 

He's a 17 year old kid doing what gets him the most likes on Twitter/Instagram, it's not that serious

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

No, you don't know what you're watching. We went through this that night. That ball was underthrown by at least 4 yards and you must think Kelvontay Dixon has really short legs if you think he has a 1 yard stride. He broke stride and slowed down significantly on that play but most people didn't notice because he did it very early in the ball's flight in order to accelerate through the ball, which is the entire point. Bad deep receivers don't slow down until the end and it's obvious.

Try not to be so wrong when you call someone else out. And also don't make middle school mistakes like typing core instead of corps.

He didn’t have to come to a stop, the throw also didn’t allow the defender to get in position to make a play on the ball. So I’ll stick with her barely had to break stride. Was it the best possible throw? No, was it sufficient, yes, Eagles and the rest of WRs seldomly got that luxury. But yeah the balls to Eagles were under thrown because he didn’t slow down soon enough lmao. We saw balls so short the trailing DB couldn’t even make plays on them. And I know what I’m watching. Some of you just get real loony when it comes to the expectations of receivers.

Edited by SarkAfterDark
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Sione didn't make it to the NFL beyond practice squads. In fact he was working for a moving company (in Houston I believe) before he jumped at a chance in the XFL.

Funny how I still remember an interview he did and he cited 'Coach Giles' (totally mispronounced Giles's name) as one of the reasons he committed to Texas. 

Well now I’m curious. 

was it a soft g like hiles?

was it a hard g like j Giles band?

was it like an old Pasadena honkeytonk?

11 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

When it comes to Jordan Hudson, I'm with Snacks Coburn. I don't want a recruit that poses with the Horns down at every given opportunity. There are literally multiple top WR recruits this cycle and Texas already has two committed. 

K.gif 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Considering horns down is pretty much the OU hand sign, why do we care he's doing it as an OU commit?  I have more issue with a recruit committing to Ohio State and doing the horns down than I do with a sooner doing it

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Considering horns down is pretty much the OU hand sign, why do we care he's doing it as an OU commit?  I have more issue with a recruit committing to Ohio State and doing the horns down than I do with a sooner doing it

Exactly. OU entire existence is basically just a troll job. It’s adorable in its own way. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

No, you don't know what you're watching. We went through this that night. That ball was underthrown by at least 4 yards and you must think Kelvontay Dixon has really short legs if you think he has a 1 yard stride. He broke stride and slowed down significantly on that play but most people didn't notice because he did it very early in the ball's flight in order to accelerate through the ball, which is the entire point. Bad deep receivers don't slow down until the end and it's obvious.

Try not to be so wrong when you call someone else out. And also don't make middle school mistakes like typing core instead of corps.

4 yards seems like a bit of an exaggeration to me. You can see the entire route at 1:17. It could have been out there a hair more, but that's as good of a pass as we've seen a Texas QB throw in about a decade. I don't really see Dixon slowing down that much, even early in the play.

And the word is corpse. As in, he ran past that dude like he was a corpse.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

He didn’t have to come to a stop, the throw also didn’t allow the defender to get in position to make a play on the ball. So I’ll stick with her barely had to break stride. Was it the best possible throw? No, was it sufficient, yes, Eagles and the rest of WRs seldomly got that luxury. But yeah the balls to Eagles were under thrown because he didn’t slow down soon enough lmao. We saw balls so short the trailing DB couldn’t even make plays on them. And I know what I’m watching. Some of you just get real loony when it comes to the expectations of receivers.

THANK YOU.

Let’s get back on track. Even if that track is arguing semantics over an obscure pass that I don’t even remember much about 

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Well I for one, am glad that Caden is leaving. He's also in for a rude awakening with NFL ownership and management. The more he keeps commenting on social media, the more he's sinking his future chances. 

Let's be real.  Caden does not have much of a future in the NFL.  Better focus on being a trainer or something. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

Banks is liking tweets of him doing the horns down, would make a flip even better.

If he makes a flip video and goes from horns down with OU gloves on to horns up with Texas gloves on, he will become my new favorite player. 

• Hook 'Em 4

NSIAP Super K updates

Spoiler

***As I mentioned, 2022 LB Niuafe Junior Tuihalamaka had told he was planning on dropping a top five this month.

He did so today.

Major omission: No USC.

As I said in my note earlier, I could tell the SC staff had really dropped the ball on this one.

Junior talked to us about most of these schools. I can post some notes on that later. But again, I think Texas is very much in striking distance here.

***Texas also offered 2022 DL, Anthony Lucas out of Arizona (Chaparral HS).

A couple of week ago, I saw Lucas in a basketball game. Very big…very athletic. This is a good offer in my opinion.

My initial read after talking to him was Notre Dame and Texas A&M were the teams to beat. USC is also in it. Bama came in recently and it sounds like they are recruiting him hard.

He’s still a ways away from doing anything. Plenty of time to get in this one.

Anthony is another high academic guy and the family is big on that. More on him later.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

NSIAP Super K updates

Hide contents

***As I mentioned, 2022 LB Niuafe Junior Tuihalamaka had told he was planning on dropping a top five this month.

He did so today.

Major omission: No USC.

As I said in my note earlier, I could tell the SC staff had really dropped the ball on this one.

Junior talked to us about most of these schools. I can post some notes on that later. But again, I think Texas is very much in striking distance here.

***Texas also offered 2022 DL, Anthony Lucas out of Arizona (Chaparral HS).

A couple of week ago, I saw Lucas in a basketball game. Very big…very athletic. This is a good offer in my opinion.

My initial read after talking to him was Notre Dame and Texas A&M were the teams to beat. USC is also in it. Bama came in recently and it sounds like they are recruiting him hard.

He’s still a ways away from doing anything. Plenty of time to get in this one.

Anthony is another high academic guy and the family is big on that. More on him later.

High academic guy. Cross Bama off the list. 

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

Not to CR this thread, but this is definitely gonna be used on the recruiting trail. 

It's not, and you're retarded if you think so. All that matters is getting them to the league and winning. But this just reaffirms what I've heard from people that Caden is a piece of shit that bad mouth's the program any chance he gets.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's not, and you're retarded if you think so. All that matters is getting them to the league and winning. But this just reaffirms what I've heard from people that Caden is a piece of shit that bad mouth's the program any chance he gets.

It will though, opposing coaches spread around screenshots and other media of stuff like this all the time. It's part of the game.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Double down on the stupid, I like it. It’s completely inconceivable that a rival coach would use the uproar over the EOT and former players badmouthing boosters to negatively recruit against Texas. I know this because Alabama exists. QED. 

Like @OnAComputer said....it's throwing stones in a glass house especially aggy/sec

Edited by BurntOrange&White

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting