Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Not good after EOT talk. Probably leave us out and include more socially equitable schools on the forefront of cultural conversation like aggy, swamp aggy, mud aggy, ass aggy and dick aggy on the list.

yep he probably read that story, hit up Caden Sterns on social media, and decided it was time to trim things down

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Not good after EOT talk. Probably leave us out and include more socially equitable schools on the forefront of cultural conversation like aggy, swamp aggy, mud aggy, ass aggy and dick aggy on the list.

Calm down, Satya Slaughter. TFB just reported Texas will be on the list. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

IT

Spoiler

By: Justin, Joe, and Eric

Catching up on the latest from 2022 UT targets Brenen Thompson, Niuafe "Junior" Tuihalamaka, and Zac Swanson. Enjoy the evening news.

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman (2022):

No stranger to the IT forum, the four-star burner and .96 composite prospect pulled off an unofficial, wind-aided, hand-timed 10.1 100 last week (finished with an official 11.28). Even for fast folk, that’s flying.

At 5-foot-10, 170 pounds, even with 36 offers, Thompson’s recruiting profile continues to rise. Texas has been in consistent contact and now Clemson is a major player. Thompson told IT what Dabo Swinney and the Tigers are telling him.

“Man, they just want me playing wide out and slot," said Thompson. "We haven’t spoke too much football, but instead just building relationships with the staff.”

Thompson has built a good relationship with fellow four-star, Cade Klubnik, quarterback from Austin Westlake. With Clemson offering Klubnik last week, the momentum in both of their recruitments might be taking a turn towards South Carolina.

“Klubnik has built a relationship with them for the past few months," said Thompson. "The offer was going to come. He’s a great kid.”

He still zooms with coach Sarkisian and coach Coleman weekly, and notices UT’s 2022 class as one of the hottest in the country. Thompson still hears from OU, and a lot more from Arizona State and LSU. This Texas target is slowly beginning to trend Clemson's way, the only thing he doesn't do fast. - @Justin Wells

LB Niuafe Tuihalamaka, Bishop Alemany HS (Mission Hills, CA) (2022):

Texas continues to make impressions on some of the West Coast's top 2022 prospects, including Niuafe "Junior" Tuihalamaka.

Tuihalamaka is a 6-foot-2.5, 232-pound linebacker from Bishop Alemany High School in Mission Hills, Calif. He has a family connection to Steve Sarkisian as both Sarkisian and Tuihalamaka's father attended El Camino College. Aside from the connection, Tuihalamaka also appreciates what Sarkisian has done on the football field.

"His reputation is as a leader for the team, and what he can bring toward the team," Tuihalamaka said at Pylon7v7 in Bullhead City, Ariz. "Especially a championship team. Definitely excited to see what he can bring to Texas."

Despite West Coast proximity, Tuihalamaka did not have a prior relationship with Texas defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski when he was at Washington. Sarkisian and linebackers coach Jeff Choate have built a relationship with Tuihalamaka, keeping up with the SoCal prospect on a weekly basis.

Their efforts were enough to land in his top five less than a month after Sarkisian re-offered. Texas will contend with only one other California school -- Stanford -- for the former USC commit. Notre Dame, Arizona State, and Oregon also made his list.

"Those are the five schools I want to visit with my family," Tuihalamaka said. "It came down to those five schools talking with my parents.”

Tuihalamaka planned to Zoom with Choate early last week and learn more about their plans for him should he attend Texas. Tuihalamaka said conversations about position had centered around playing inside the box.

He'd like to take official visits but is open to seeing campuses himself should it come down to that. What his timeline looks like depends on whether those visits can take place. - @josephcook

DE/OLB Zac Swanson, Brophy Prep (Phoenix, Arizona (2022):

The current 6-foot-4, 248-pound defensive lineman is a composite four-star by the thinnest of margins but you won’t find a bunch of guys his size who get off the ball better.

The #6 player in Arizona isn’t going to break this streak Scipio laid out on Sunday:

Here’s all you need to know about the state of Arizona and in-state "competition."

In 2019, Arizona and Arizona State signed zero of the Top 10 players in Arizona.

In 2020, Arizona and Arizona State signed zero of the Top 10 players in Arizona.

In 2021, Arizona and Arizona State signed zero of the Top 10 players in Arizona.

In 2022, early returns show zero of the Top 10 players in Arizona committing in-state.

Swanson’s dad played at Stanford but his grades aren’t quite Stanford timber. That Stanford legacy status does remove Cal from the list of realistic suitors, though.

Currently he has three schools that appear to be standing out.

“I definitely want to get up to Texas first and then probably check out Oregon and USC. Those are my favorites right now but they may change. Well, not Texas they have been on my mind a ton since the new staff came in.”

Swanson’s fit would be as a defensive lineman that can move around and play multiple gaps. Washington wasn’t recruiting him much when Pete Kwiatkowski was there, but U-Dub is showing more interest now.

This feels like a recruitment Texas could definitely win to help set the floor on the d-line. - @Eric Nahlin

• Hook 'Em 5

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

— One name to keep an eye on at wide receiver is Isaiah Sategna. The Fayetteville (Ark.) four-star wide receiver is one of the top athletes in the country. The son of Arkansas assistant Track and Field coach and former Texas Track and Field head coach Mario Sategna, Isaiah owns a 10.8 100-meter time as a freshman along with a 6-6 high jump. Texas A&M is thought to be the leader for him, but I was told a Texas offer could change his recruitment. Sategna previously lived in Austin and would love to hear from the Longhorns. Sategna has been recruited by the Texas track and field program and it sounds like the football program might be taking a closer look at him.

Worth the take just for aggy tears.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Swanson’s dad played at Stanford but his grades aren’t quite Stanford timber. 

Fuck yeah. Sark is here 3 months and we’re already beating out Stanford. Sign this dumb bastard up. 

Also it’s his dad’s Alma mater that is keeping him from cal, not his grades. 

40 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Mike at Night: New names emerging on the Texas radar

Hide contents

— One name to keep an eye on at wide receiver is Isaiah Sategna. The Fayetteville (Ark.) four-star wide receiver is one of the top athletes in the country. The son of Arkansas assistant Track and Field coach and former Texas Track and Field head coach Mario Sategna, Isaiah owns a 10.8 100-meter time as a freshman along with a 6-6 high jump. Texas A&M is thought to be the leader for him, but I was told a Texas offer could change his recruitment. Sategna previously lived in Austin and would love to hear from the Longhorns. Sategna has been recruited by the Texas track and field program and it sounds like the football program might be taking a closer look at him.

Does nobody remember that we fired his dad without cause? I mean, I guess it's possible that anything can be forgiven, but if it were me or my family, I know that I would hold a grudge. 

Edited by Hornlover

11 hours ago, Machinator said:

New analyst, former QB at Rutgers.

10 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Rutgers is like our farm system for coaching hires. Who woulda thunk? 

Allz youz corches are belong to us!

9 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Much better form than the date raper that went to aggy after blowing out his knees.

*Could you please be more specific?

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Swanson’s dad played at Stanford but his grades aren’t quite Stanford timber. 

Fuck yeah. Sark is here 3 months and we’re already beating out Stanford. Sign this dumb bastard up. 

Mom must be hot & dumb!

Family portrait please. 👀

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

Mike at Night: New names emerging on the Texas radar

Reveal hidden contents

— It sounds like Texas plans to take a scholarship kicker in 2022, and right now, Arlington Lamar kicker Blake Ford seems like one of the top candidates. One of the top-ranked kickers in the nation, according to the popular kicking camp "Chris Sailer Kicking," Ford said he has a good relationship with Jeff Banks which goes back to when he was at Alabama. Ford is starting to accumulate interest from multiple colleges, but it sounds like Texas can close if they offer. Ford said that the Texas staff talked to him about coming out and kicking this summer at a camp if they are able to have them. Chris Sailer's website offered the following scouting report on Ford before his junior year. "Blake is a big time high school kicking prospect. He is a great looking athlete with a huge leg. Blake hits a D1 level ball off the ground. He gets the ball up well and has 60+ yard range. His kickoffs are outstanding, D1 ready. Blake drives the ball 65+ yards with 4.0+ hang time. A competitor that thrives under pressure. With continued hard work, the sky is the limit here. I look forward to seeing what the future holds. He is a fine young man that is always a great pleasure to work with. Keep a close eye on this talented athlete. He is set to have a huge junior season."

Uhm didn’t we fire Mario recently?   

22 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Uhm didn’t we fire Mario recently?   

Yeah but his kid grew up here.  Probably itching to come home.  I think mom still works in the area.  There was no cause and the official reason was "new direction" but i think that was an employment kindness given the most probable circumstances and only eased his transition to somewhere else.  The dude landed at Arkansas, which we all know is a top track school.  The kid can't help it if his dad was bangin coeds and is probably thankful that he wasn't outed and his family not embarrassed or prevented from earning a living.  I doubt the kid holds a grudge.    

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 5

14 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Anyway, Dixon slowed down massively for the long touchdown. He was at 4 yards of separation and still easily separating from the LB when the ball was let go.

image.thumb.png.82e1d851031b5936ec8e213b84b8149f.png

Look, I don't even care about this, but this is inaccurate. Here is the ball out of Casey's hand and Dixon has 2 yards of separation. The defender is well over the 45 yard line and closer to the 46 and Dixon is between the 47 and 48. That isn't 4 yards. That's 2 yards, 2.5 at most.

He caught it with 2 yards of separation. He also took a 1 yard step from the 36 to 35 yard line. Anyone saying he didn't break stride is obviously wrong. My 4 yard comment is based on my estimate that he would have separated by 2 more yards if the ball was "perfectly" thrown. It's important to note that when a receiver is 4 yards behind a guy who he's obviously faster than it's actually better to underthrow the ball than try to be perfect. I'm not saying it was a "bad" throw by Thompson even though it wobbled and clearly came out of his hand wrong. I'm saying that anyone who says it was a perfect throw and that Dixon never broke stride has no idea what they're looking at on a football field.

The rest I will mostly agree with. He was obviously still separating, and It's a little difficult to tell because he goes out of frame briefly but the most separation he had was about 3.5 - 4 yards. Sure, he had to adjust and slow down a hair to catch it, but you and I and every receiver who has been trying to catch underthrown balls from Ehlinger over the last 4 years must have different definitions of "massively". Also, it seemed like Thompson had to rush the throw slightly because the pulling guard Angilau whiffs on the lb. That was a fairly ridiculous pass given the circumstances.

But you're right, the other one he made to Brewer was even better. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Also, it seemed like Thompson had to rush the throw slightly because the pulling guard Angilau whiffs on the lb

Hard to tell whether the throw was rushed, or if he just had to tighten up his mechanics, specifically lower body. But it wasn't a comfortable throw with the defender breathing down his neck.

6 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

have different definitions of "massively".

And for sure agree it was NOT "massively." Dixon slowed down to about 3/4 speed for about three steps, the defender gaining maybe a total of a yard. Also probably not "an absolute strike" like the announcer says, but for sure not massively under-thrown. 

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

But you're right, the other one he made to Brewer was even better

Agree

Lone Star Showdown: Head-to-head battles with Texas A&M

Spoiler

MIKE ROACH

Texas and Texas A&M haven’t played on the field in nearly a decade, but the rivalry between the two major in-state programs is as hot as ever. These days it plays out on the recruiting trail as both programs struggle to beat the other while holding out of state programs off at the same time.

Head-to-head matchups are difficult to score in the ever-changing landscape of recruiting, but after speaking with multiple sources, we are confident in where each side stands in these recruitments as of this moment.

Both programs are moving into pivotal seasons on the field and both have heavy expectations. Where do things stand as of now between both programs? We bring you a complete look.

TEXAS VICTORIES

Four-star Frisco (Texas) Liberty WR Evan Stewart

The Aggies offered the speedy wide receiver but were never really in the picture when he made a quick commitment to the Longhorns. Now, Texas has one of the most dynamic weapons in the country in their class as they look to build an offensive juggernaut in Austin.

Four-star Klein (Texas) Cain RB Jaydon Blue

Blue was one of the most prized recruits in the state of Texas, and both in-state powers were among the early offers he picked up following his sophomore season. Blue never really showed much attention to Texas A&M as the Longhorns became his primary focus. Blue is another big time weapon in the offensive class for Texas.

Four-star Lewisville (Texas) WR Armani Winfield

Winfield became the first member of the Texas class, but he was talking to A&M up until the time of his decision. Winfield’s commitment started the Texas class off with a bang, and Steve Sarkisian hasn’t looked back since.

Four-star Aledo (Texas) safety Bryan Allen Jr.

The latest commitment in the Texas class was thought to be headed to College Station when he opened his recruitment in the spring.

Texas quickly flipped the script and were able to secure a commitment from one of the top defensive backs in the state of Texas.

Four-star Port Arthur (Texas) Memorial cornerback Jaylon Guilbeau

Guilbeau originally committed to Texas during the Tom Herman era but he re-affirmed his commitment following Steve Sarkisian’s hire. Texas A&M was one of the schools Guilbeau was considering when he made his commitment. Texas A&M made a run at him when Herman and the staff were fired, but Guilbeau decided to stay put.

TEXAS A&M VICTORIES

Four-star Katy (Texas) DE Malick Sylla

Sylla got the fireworks started for the Texas A&M class by becoming their first commit in the 2022 class. The elite edge rusher is coveted by just about every major program in the country, but the Aggies were able to seal the deal quickly and land him in their class to generate some real momentum.

Four-star Dickinson (Texas) OT PJ Williams

Williams made his decision before the Texas staff was fully put into place, but he did hold an offer from the Longhorns at the time. The Dickinson tackle seemed destined to end up an Aggie from the start, and he carried over the strong recruiting effort the Aggies had on the offensive line in 2021.

Four-star Dickinson (Texas) TE Donovan Green

While Green might have been a recruitment that many saw carrying into the year, the Aggies were also able to close him down as they built a consensus between Houston-area prospects. Green is one of the more dynamic tight ends to come out of the state of Texas in the last few years, and the Aggies will be able to add a valuable offensive weapon at the position.

Four-star Katy (Texas) CB Bobby Taylor

The case of Bobby Taylor is tough. Texas wasn’t really pursuing him under the old staff, and it looked like he would pick the Aggies without Texas getting involved again. The Longhorns issued an offer to Taylor shortly before his decision making this a head-to-head win for the Aggies.

UP FOR GRABS

Five-star Saint Louis (MO.) St. Mary’s WR Kevin Coleman

Texas made it into Coleman’s top group of schools while Texas A&M was on the outside. That said, the last time we spoke with Coleman he mentioned the Aggies recruiting him hard. Texas A&M has a lot of work to do to get back into the race for Coleman, and Texas has the better shot to land him at the moment.

Four-star Fort Bend (Texas) Marshall WR Chris Marshall

This is starting to become an interesting race. Texas A&M had a big lead in this race and Texas probably wasn’t in second place at the time. Over the last month, the Longhorns have been able to close the gap, but the Aggies still hold the lead. As of now, I’d predict Marshall to end up in College Station.

Five-star Humble (Texas) Summer Creek offensive lineman Kelvin Banks

Banks is considered a big battle between the in-state powers as both try to win over the elite offensive line prospects in the state. While the Aggies seemed like a cinch to land him, but Kyle Flood has been able to get Texas right back in the race. One source near Banks told Horns247 that he’s too predictable to pin down at this point. As of now, this race is too close to call.

Four-star Humble (Texas) Atascocita offensive lineman Kam Dewberry

Like Banks, Texas seemed to be fading from Dewberry before Kyle Flood arrived in Austin. The Aggies were thought to be the favorite for him, but the Longhorns have closed the gap and maybe even taken the lead. While it may be too close to call, I feel Texas might have a slight edge for Dewberry at the moment.

Four-star Edmond (Okla.) Deer Creek offensive lineman Jacob Sexton

The Longhorns and Aggies are both in the race for Sexton, though they are both probably behind in-state power Oklahoma. If Sexton spurns the Sooners, it could make for an interesting battle, but right now, Oklahoma appears to be the favorite in this race.

Five-star Arlington (Texas) Bowie offensive lineman Devon Campbell

Texas was once way out in front for Campbell and he left the Aggies out of his Top 16, but a recent cut of schools had the Aggies in the hunt. Campbell told Horns247 that Texas A&M has been working hard to grab his interest. Texas has been the favorite in this race for so long, and the primary competition at the moment is probably with other schools, but Texas A&M is making a furious push.

Four-star Allen (Texas) offensive lineman Neto Umeozulu

Umeozulu is a target for both programs and one of the targets least talked about. Umeozulu spoke multiple times about wanting to stay close to home and finding a good education, and this could be another hotly-contested battleground. Neither school seems to have an advantage at the moment as Umeozulu seems to still be pretty wide open.

Four-star Frisco (Texas) offensive lineman Cole Hutson

Like Umeozulu, Hutson is another prospect who is considering both schools but doesn’t seem to be close to narrowing anything down at the moment. Hutson spoke highly of both schools in the past and he will likely consider both until the end.

Four-star Duncanville (Texas) DE Omari Abor

Both schools are in the race for the dynamic edge rusher, but both are probably behind a few other programs. To win over Abor, the Longhorns and Aggies will have to pass up programs like Oklahoma and Ohio State who seem to be in control at the moment.

Four-star Arlington (Texas) Martin DE Ernest Cooper

Both Texas and Texas A&M came out of the gates hot for Cooper and both have been recruiting him since before his junior year. The big-bodied edge defender has both schools among his favorites along with a few others. At last check, Stanford seemed to be the school Cooper was most intrigued by, but he’s in no hurry to decide.

Four-star Bremond (Texas) DT Jaray Bledsoe

Bledsoe’s rise has been swift and both Texas and Texas A&M entered the race for him around the same time. After Texas surged a bit, the Aggies seemed to pull back ahead for Bledsoe. Bremond’s close proximity to College Station may give the Aggies a leg up, and we believe they would be the pick if a decision was made today.

Five-star Cypress (Texas) Cy-Park outside linebacker Harold Perkins

Perkins is probably the most hotly-contested defensive target for both schools. Perkins is one of the elite prospects in the country with dynamic ability at the linebacker position. Texas A&M has been the perceived leader for quite some time, and they still hold the edge despite Texas making a strong push at the moment.

Four-star Carthage (Texas) outside linebacker Kip Lewis

The east Texas linebacker isn’t in any sort of hurry to make a decision, but Texas is battling it out with Texas A&M and Oklahoma right now. The Aggies might have the slight edge at the moment but there’s still a long way to go in this race.

Three-star The Woodlands (Texas) outside linebacker Martrell Harris

Texas recently re-offered Harris, but they have a lot of work to do there. The Aggies have been making him a priority for a while, and this is probably more of a head-to-head with Mississippi State. Don’t count out the Bulldogs in this race at all, but Texas must make up some ground with him.

Five-star Houston (Texas) North Shore cornerback Denver Harris

Harris recently narrowed his list to four breaking things down to Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama and LSU. While I wouldn’t count the out of state programs out of the picture, there are a lot of folks who believe this could come down to the in-state battle. Right now, I’d give Texas a slight edge.

Four-star Plano (Texas) John Paul II cornerback Terrance Brooks

When Chris Ash was at Texas, Brooks seemed to be leaning toward the Longhorns, but the Aggies have been making a big push lately. Brooks’ father Chet played at Texas A&M, and the Aggies are investing in this recruitment. Give the Aggies the edge as of today.

Four-star Beaumont (Texas) Westbrook safety Bryce Anderson

After Anderson opened his recruitment, Texas A&M picked up a ton of Crystal Balls. The Longhorns have been able to make a big push and now they seem to have the momentum for Anderson. The Aggies are trying to swing the momentum back but Texas is holding on to the lead.

Four-star Spearman (Texas) Athlete Brenen Thompson

Thompson is one of the top targets for just about everyone with his dynamic speed and playmaking ability. Texas and Texas A&M both would love to come out on top, but they might be playing for second or third. Oklahoma has always been a threat, and they have been re-engaging recently. Clemson is the biggest threat, and if the Tigers land Cade Klubnik, it could net them Thompson as well.

Four-star Pilot Point (Texas) Athlete Ish Harris

Harris is close to narrowing his list, and it’s likely that the Longhorns will make it along with Texas A&M and Oklahoma. That trio will probably decide the race, and each has something different to offer.

Four-star Lexington (Texas) Athlete Jarred Kerr

Kerr is on both boards, but Texas and Texas A&M seem to both be looking at other options at the moment. Our best intel says that Oklahoma or Baylor will likely be the winner for the versatile central-Texas prospect.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

MIKE ROACH

Texas and Texas A&M haven’t played on the field in nearly a decade, but the rivalry between the two major in-state programs is as hot as ever. These days it plays out on the recruiting trail as both programs struggle to beat the other while holding out of state programs off at the same time.

Head-to-head matchups are difficult to score in the ever-changing landscape of recruiting, but after speaking with multiple sources, we are confident in where each side stands in these recruitments as of this moment.

Both programs are moving into pivotal seasons on the field and both have heavy expectations. Where do things stand as of now between both programs? We bring you a complete look.

TEXAS VICTORIES

Four-star Frisco (Texas) Liberty WR Evan Stewart

The Aggies offered the speedy wide receiver but were never really in the picture when he made a quick commitment to the Longhorns. Now, Texas has one of the most dynamic weapons in the country in their class as they look to build an offensive juggernaut in Austin.

Four-star Klein (Texas) Cain RB Jaydon Blue

Blue was one of the most prized recruits in the state of Texas, and both in-state powers were among the early offers he picked up following his sophomore season. Blue never really showed much attention to Texas A&M as the Longhorns became his primary focus. Blue is another big time weapon in the offensive class for Texas.

Four-star Lewisville (Texas) WR Armani Winfield

Winfield became the first member of the Texas class, but he was talking to A&M up until the time of his decision. Winfield’s commitment started the Texas class off with a bang, and Steve Sarkisian hasn’t looked back since.

Four-star Aledo (Texas) safety Bryan Allen Jr.

The latest commitment in the Texas class was thought to be headed to College Station when he opened his recruitment in the spring.

Texas quickly flipped the script and were able to secure a commitment from one of the top defensive backs in the state of Texas.

Four-star Port Arthur (Texas) Memorial cornerback Jaylon Guilbeau

Guilbeau originally committed to Texas during the Tom Herman era but he re-affirmed his commitment following Steve Sarkisian’s hire. Texas A&M was one of the schools Guilbeau was considering when he made his commitment. Texas A&M made a run at him when Herman and the staff were fired, but Guilbeau decided to stay put.

TEXAS A&M VICTORIES

Four-star Katy (Texas) DE Malick Sylla

Sylla got the fireworks started for the Texas A&M class by becoming their first commit in the 2022 class. The elite edge rusher is coveted by just about every major program in the country, but the Aggies were able to seal the deal quickly and land him in their class to generate some real momentum.

Four-star Dickinson (Texas) OT PJ Williams

Williams made his decision before the Texas staff was fully put into place, but he did hold an offer from the Longhorns at the time. The Dickinson tackle seemed destined to end up an Aggie from the start, and he carried over the strong recruiting effort the Aggies had on the offensive line in 2021.

Four-star Dickinson (Texas) TE Donovan Green

While Green might have been a recruitment that many saw carrying into the year, the Aggies were also able to close him down as they built a consensus between Houston-area prospects. Green is one of the more dynamic tight ends to come out of the state of Texas in the last few years, and the Aggies will be able to add a valuable offensive weapon at the position.

Four-star Katy (Texas) CB Bobby Taylor

The case of Bobby Taylor is tough. Texas wasn’t really pursuing him under the old staff, and it looked like he would pick the Aggies without Texas getting involved again. The Longhorns issued an offer to Taylor shortly before his decision making this a head-to-head win for the Aggies.

UP FOR GRABS

Five-star Saint Louis (MO.) St. Mary’s WR Kevin Coleman

Texas made it into Coleman’s top group of schools while Texas A&M was on the outside. That said, the last time we spoke with Coleman he mentioned the Aggies recruiting him hard. Texas A&M has a lot of work to do to get back into the race for Coleman, and Texas has the better shot to land him at the moment.

Four-star Fort Bend (Texas) Marshall WR Chris Marshall

This is starting to become an interesting race. Texas A&M had a big lead in this race and Texas probably wasn’t in second place at the time. Over the last month, the Longhorns have been able to close the gap, but the Aggies still hold the lead. As of now, I’d predict Marshall to end up in College Station.

Five-star Humble (Texas) Summer Creek offensive lineman Kelvin Banks

Banks is considered a big battle between the in-state powers as both try to win over the elite offensive line prospects in the state. While the Aggies seemed like a cinch to land him, but Kyle Flood has been able to get Texas right back in the race. One source near Banks told Horns247 that he’s too predictable to pin down at this point. As of now, this race is too close to call.

Four-star Humble (Texas) Atascocita offensive lineman Kam Dewberry

Like Banks, Texas seemed to be fading from Dewberry before Kyle Flood arrived in Austin. The Aggies were thought to be the favorite for him, but the Longhorns have closed the gap and maybe even taken the lead. While it may be too close to call, I feel Texas might have a slight edge for Dewberry at the moment.

Four-star Edmond (Okla.) Deer Creek offensive lineman Jacob Sexton

The Longhorns and Aggies are both in the race for Sexton, though they are both probably behind in-state power Oklahoma. If Sexton spurns the Sooners, it could make for an interesting battle, but right now, Oklahoma appears to be the favorite in this race.

Five-star Arlington (Texas) Bowie offensive lineman Devon Campbell

Texas was once way out in front for Campbell and he left the Aggies out of his Top 16, but a recent cut of schools had the Aggies in the hunt. Campbell told Horns247 that Texas A&M has been working hard to grab his interest. Texas has been the favorite in this race for so long, and the primary competition at the moment is probably with other schools, but Texas A&M is making a furious push.

Four-star Allen (Texas) offensive lineman Neto Umeozulu

Umeozulu is a target for both programs and one of the targets least talked about. Umeozulu spoke multiple times about wanting to stay close to home and finding a good education, and this could be another hotly-contested battleground. Neither school seems to have an advantage at the moment as Umeozulu seems to still be pretty wide open.

Four-star Frisco (Texas) offensive lineman Cole Hutson

Like Umeozulu, Hutson is another prospect who is considering both schools but doesn’t seem to be close to narrowing anything down at the moment. Hutson spoke highly of both schools in the past and he will likely consider both until the end.

Four-star Duncanville (Texas) DE Omari Abor

Both schools are in the race for the dynamic edge rusher, but both are probably behind a few other programs. To win over Abor, the Longhorns and Aggies will have to pass up programs like Oklahoma and Ohio State who seem to be in control at the moment.

Four-star Arlington (Texas) Martin DE Ernest Cooper

Both Texas and Texas A&M came out of the gates hot for Cooper and both have been recruiting him since before his junior year. The big-bodied edge defender has both schools among his favorites along with a few others. At last check, Stanford seemed to be the school Cooper was most intrigued by, but he’s in no hurry to decide.

Four-star Bremond (Texas) DT Jaray Bledsoe

Bledsoe’s rise has been swift and both Texas and Texas A&M entered the race for him around the same time. After Texas surged a bit, the Aggies seemed to pull back ahead for Bledsoe. Bremond’s close proximity to College Station may give the Aggies a leg up, and we believe they would be the pick if a decision was made today.

Five-star Cypress (Texas) Cy-Park outside linebacker Harold Perkins

Perkins is probably the most hotly-contested defensive target for both schools. Perkins is one of the elite prospects in the country with dynamic ability at the linebacker position. Texas A&M has been the perceived leader for quite some time, and they still hold the edge despite Texas making a strong push at the moment.

Four-star Carthage (Texas) outside linebacker Kip Lewis

The east Texas linebacker isn’t in any sort of hurry to make a decision, but Texas is battling it out with Texas A&M and Oklahoma right now. The Aggies might have the slight edge at the moment but there’s still a long way to go in this race.

Three-star The Woodlands (Texas) outside linebacker Martrell Harris

Texas recently re-offered Harris, but they have a lot of work to do there. The Aggies have been making him a priority for a while, and this is probably more of a head-to-head with Mississippi State. Don’t count out the Bulldogs in this race at all, but Texas must make up some ground with him.

Five-star Houston (Texas) North Shore cornerback Denver Harris

Harris recently narrowed his list to four breaking things down to Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama and LSU. While I wouldn’t count the out of state programs out of the picture, there are a lot of folks who believe this could come down to the in-state battle. Right now, I’d give Texas a slight edge.

Four-star Plano (Texas) John Paul II cornerback Terrance Brooks

When Chris Ash was at Texas, Brooks seemed to be leaning toward the Longhorns, but the Aggies have been making a big push lately. Brooks’ father Chet played at Texas A&M, and the Aggies are investing in this recruitment. Give the Aggies the edge as of today.

Four-star Beaumont (Texas) Westbrook safety Bryce Anderson

After Anderson opened his recruitment, Texas A&M picked up a ton of Crystal Balls. The Longhorns have been able to make a big push and now they seem to have the momentum for Anderson. The Aggies are trying to swing the momentum back but Texas is holding on to the lead.

Four-star Spearman (Texas) Athlete Brenen Thompson

Thompson is one of the top targets for just about everyone with his dynamic speed and playmaking ability. Texas and Texas A&M both would love to come out on top, but they might be playing for second or third. Oklahoma has always been a threat, and they have been re-engaging recently. Clemson is the biggest threat, and if the Tigers land Cade Klubnik, it could net them Thompson as well.

Four-star Pilot Point (Texas) Athlete Ish Harris

Harris is close to narrowing his list, and it’s likely that the Longhorns will make it along with Texas A&M and Oklahoma. That trio will probably decide the race, and each has something different to offer.

Four-star Lexington (Texas) Athlete Jarred Kerr

Kerr is on both boards, but Texas and Texas A&M seem to both be looking at other options at the moment. Our best intel says that Oklahoma or Baylor will likely be the winner for the versatile central-Texas prospect.

Thanks for posting.  There is no way the rivalry is "as hot as ever" when the schools don't even play each other and are in different conferences.  What stupid filler to use as a writer.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting