Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

29 minutes ago, JBJ said:

No lift.

What I appreciate the most out of this is the coach saying he shut it down despite thinking he probably had more in the tank. That's a coach that's looking out for his player.

That's what Wright's coach should've done. "Hey Max, your form at 330 was a little off, let's shut it down for today" instead of letting him go up in weight and do that BS and put unnecessary stress on his knees due to poor form.

41 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Thanks for posting.  There is no way the rivalry is "as hot as ever" when the schools don't even play each other and are in different conferences.  What stupid filler to use as a writer.

I don't think Roach went to either school and probably started coving Texas after the split. He may actually believe what he wrote.

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Lone Star Showdown: Head-to-head battles with Texas A&M

Reveal hidden contents

Lone Star Showdown: Head-to-head battles with Texas A&M
MIKE ROACH

Texas and Texas A&M haven’t played on the field in nearly a decade, but the rivalry between the two major in-state programs is as hot as ever. These days it plays out on the recruiting trail as both programs struggle to beat the other while holding out of state programs off at the same time.

Head-to-head matchups are difficult to score in the ever-changing landscape of recruiting, but after speaking with multiple sources, we are confident in where each side stands in these recruitments as of this moment.

Both programs are moving into pivotal seasons on the field and both have heavy expectations. Where do things stand as of now between both programs? We bring you a complete look.

TEXAS VICTORIES

Four-star Frisco (Texas) Liberty WR Evan Stewart

The Aggies offered the speedy wide receiver but were never really in the picture when he made a quick commitment to the Longhorns. Now, Texas has one of the most dynamic weapons in the country in their class as they look to build an offensive juggernaut in Austin.

Four-star Klein (Texas) Cain RB Jaydon Blue

Blue was one of the most prized recruits in the state of Texas, and both in-state powers were among the early offers he picked up following his sophomore season. Blue never really showed much attention to Texas A&M as the Longhorns became his primary focus. Blue is another big time weapon in the offensive class for Texas.

Four-star Lewisville (Texas) WR Armani Winfield

Winfield became the first member of the Texas class, but he was talking to A&M up until the time of his decision. Winfield’s commitment started the Texas class off with a bang, and Steve Sarkisian hasn’t looked back since.

Four-star Aledo (Texas) safety Bryan Allen Jr.

The latest commitment in the Texas class was thought to be headed to College Station when he opened his recruitment in the spring.

Texas quickly flipped the script and were able to secure a commitment from one of the top defensive backs in the state of Texas.

Four-star Port Arthur (Texas) Memorial cornerback Jaylon Guilbeau

Guilbeau originally committed to Texas during the Tom Herman era but he re-affirmed his commitment following Steve Sarkisian’s hire. Texas A&M was one of the schools Guilbeau was considering when he made his commitment. Texas A&M made a run at him when Herman and the staff were fired, but Guilbeau decided to stay put.

TEXAS A&M VICTORIES

Four-star Katy (Texas) DE Malick Sylla

Sylla got the fireworks started for the Texas A&M class by becoming their first commit in the 2022 class. The elite edge rusher is coveted by just about every major program in the country, but the Aggies were able to seal the deal quickly and land him in their class to generate some real momentum.

Four-star Dickinson (Texas) OT PJ Williams

Williams made his decision before the Texas staff was fully put into place, but he did hold an offer from the Longhorns at the time. The Dickinson tackle seemed destined to end up an Aggie from the start, and he carried over the strong recruiting effort the Aggies had on the offensive line in 2021.

Four-star Dickinson (Texas) TE Donovan Green

While Green might have been a recruitment that many saw carrying into the year, the Aggies were also able to close him down as they built a consensus between Houston-area prospects. Green is one of the more dynamic tight ends to come out of the state of Texas in the last few years, and the Aggies will be able to add a valuable offensive weapon at the position.

Four-star Katy (Texas) CB Bobby Taylor

The case of Bobby Taylor is tough. Texas wasn’t really pursuing him under the old staff, and it looked like he would pick the Aggies without Texas getting involved again. The Longhorns issued an offer to Taylor shortly before his decision making this a head-to-head win for the Aggies.

UP FOR GRABS

Five-star Saint Louis (MO.) St. Mary’s WR Kevin Coleman

Texas made it into Coleman’s top group of schools while Texas A&M was on the outside. That said, the last time we spoke with Coleman he mentioned the Aggies recruiting him hard. Texas A&M has a lot of work to do to get back into the race for Coleman, and Texas has the better shot to land him at the moment.

Four-star Fort Bend (Texas) Marshall WR Chris Marshall

This is starting to become an interesting race. Texas A&M had a big lead in this race and Texas probably wasn’t in second place at the time. Over the last month, the Longhorns have been able to close the gap, but the Aggies still hold the lead. As of now, I’d predict Marshall to end up in College Station.

Five-star Humble (Texas) Summer Creek offensive lineman Kelvin Banks

Banks is considered a big battle between the in-state powers as both try to win over the elite offensive line prospects in the state. While the Aggies seemed like a cinch to land him, but Kyle Flood has been able to get Texas right back in the race. One source near Banks told Horns247 that he’s too predictable to pin down at this point. As of now, this race is too close to call.

Four-star Humble (Texas) Atascocita offensive lineman Kam Dewberry

Like Banks, Texas seemed to be fading from Dewberry before Kyle Flood arrived in Austin. The Aggies were thought to be the favorite for him, but the Longhorns have closed the gap and maybe even taken the lead. While it may be too close to call, I feel Texas might have a slight edge for Dewberry at the moment.

Four-star Edmond (Okla.) Deer Creek offensive lineman Jacob Sexton

The Longhorns and Aggies are both in the race for Sexton, though they are both probably behind in-state power Oklahoma. If Sexton spurns the Sooners, it could make for an interesting battle, but right now, Oklahoma appears to be the favorite in this race.

Five-star Arlington (Texas) Bowie offensive lineman Devon Campbell

Texas was once way out in front for Campbell and he left the Aggies out of his Top 16, but a recent cut of schools had the Aggies in the hunt. Campbell told Horns247 that Texas A&M has been working hard to grab his interest. Texas has been the favorite in this race for so long, and the primary competition at the moment is probably with other schools, but Texas A&M is making a furious push.

Four-star Allen (Texas) offensive lineman Neto Umeozulu

Umeozulu is a target for both programs and one of the targets least talked about. Umeozulu spoke multiple times about wanting to stay close to home and finding a good education, and this could be another hotly-contested battleground. Neither school seems to have an advantage at the moment as Umeozulu seems to still be pretty wide open.

Four-star Frisco (Texas) offensive lineman Cole Hutson

Like Umeozulu, Hutson is another prospect who is considering both schools but doesn’t seem to be close to narrowing anything down at the moment. Hutson spoke highly of both schools in the past and he will likely consider both until the end.

Four-star Duncanville (Texas) DE Omari Abor

Both schools are in the race for the dynamic edge rusher, but both are probably behind a few other programs. To win over Abor, the Longhorns and Aggies will have to pass up programs like Oklahoma and Ohio State who seem to be in control at the moment.

Four-star Arlington (Texas) Martin DE Ernest Cooper

Both Texas and Texas A&M came out of the gates hot for Cooper and both have been recruiting him since before his junior year. The big-bodied edge defender has both schools among his favorites along with a few others. At last check, Stanford seemed to be the school Cooper was most intrigued by, but he’s in no hurry to decide.

Four-star Bremond (Texas) DT Jaray Bledsoe

Bledsoe’s rise has been swift and both Texas and Texas A&M entered the race for him around the same time. After Texas surged a bit, the Aggies seemed to pull back ahead for Bledsoe. Bremond’s close proximity to College Station may give the Aggies a leg up, and we believe they would be the pick if a decision was made today.

Five-star Cypress (Texas) Cy-Park outside linebacker Harold Perkins

Perkins is probably the most hotly-contested defensive target for both schools. Perkins is one of the elite prospects in the country with dynamic ability at the linebacker position. Texas A&M has been the perceived leader for quite some time, and they still hold the edge despite Texas making a strong push at the moment.

Four-star Carthage (Texas) outside linebacker Kip Lewis

The east Texas linebacker isn’t in any sort of hurry to make a decision, but Texas is battling it out with Texas A&M and Oklahoma right now. The Aggies might have the slight edge at the moment but there’s still a long way to go in this race.

Three-star The Woodlands (Texas) outside linebacker Martrell Harris

Texas recently re-offered Harris, but they have a lot of work to do there. The Aggies have been making him a priority for a while, and this is probably more of a head-to-head with Mississippi State. Don’t count out the Bulldogs in this race at all, but Texas must make up some ground with him.

Five-star Houston (Texas) North Shore cornerback Denver Harris

Harris recently narrowed his list to four breaking things down to Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama and LSU. While I wouldn’t count the out of state programs out of the picture, there are a lot of folks who believe this could come down to the in-state battle. Right now, I’d give Texas a slight edge.

Four-star Plano (Texas) John Paul II cornerback Terrance Brooks

When Chris Ash was at Texas, Brooks seemed to be leaning toward the Longhorns, but the Aggies have been making a big push lately. Brooks’ father Chet played at Texas A&M, and the Aggies are investing in this recruitment. Give the Aggies the edge as of today.

Four-star Beaumont (Texas) Westbrook safety Bryce Anderson

After Anderson opened his recruitment, Texas A&M picked up a ton of Crystal Balls. The Longhorns have been able to make a big push and now they seem to have the momentum for Anderson. The Aggies are trying to swing the momentum back but Texas is holding on to the lead.

Four-star Spearman (Texas) Athlete Brenen Thompson

Thompson is one of the top targets for just about everyone with his dynamic speed and playmaking ability. Texas and Texas A&M both would love to come out on top, but they might be playing for second or third. Oklahoma has always been a threat, and they have been re-engaging recently. Clemson is the biggest threat, and if the Tigers land Cade Klubnik, it could net them Thompson as well.

Four-star Pilot Point (Texas) Athlete Ish Harris

Harris is close to narrowing his list, and it’s likely that the Longhorns will make it along with Texas A&M and Oklahoma. That trio will probably decide the race, and each has something different to offer.

Four-star Lexington (Texas) Athlete Jarred Kerr

Kerr is on both boards, but Texas and Texas A&M seem to both be looking at other options at the moment. Our best intel says that Oklahoma or Baylor will likely be the winner for the versatile central-Texas prospect.

What I don't like is that Roach makes it out to be a toss-up with every recruit. I would assume if Roach wrote the thing last week, he would call Allen a toss-up. It makes the whole article just a total waste of space.

• Hook 'Em 1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top 6‼️️ (my Recruitment is still 100% open) <a href="https://t.co/ceyjUsBVHX">pic.twitter.com/ceyjUsBVHX</a></p>&mdash; ish harris (@ish_harris21) <a href="https://twitter.com/ish_harris21/status/1366810720608923650?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

top 6

6 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top 6‼️️ (my Recruitment is still 100% open) <a href="https://t.co/ceyjUsBVHX">pic.twitter.com/ceyjUsBVHX</a></p>&mdash; ish harris (@ish_harris21) <a href="https://twitter.com/ish_harris21/status/1366810720608923650?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

top 6

Well I can't embed for shit apparently. Also think its fucking stupid and counterintuitive to drop a top schools list and follow up with "still 100% open."Shark Tank What GIF by ABC Network

• Hook 'Em 1

Nick Harris:  Ish Harris discusses Texas after top six announcement

Spoiler

Ish Harris discusses Texas after top six announcement

NickHarris

Pilot Point (Texas) four-star athlete Ish Harris dropped a top six on Tuesday of Texas, Texas A&M, Utah, Oklahoma, Baylor and Oklahoma State as he takes the next step toward closing down his recruitment.

Harris has seen a rise this offseason as more notable offers start to come in with projection on both sides of the ball at the next level. Here's what Harris had to say to OU Insider's Collin Kennedy about each of his top six options:

Texas: "What stands out most is the brand. They have a great program with Coach Sark coming in and I talk to Coach Choate every day., he's a great man. We have great relationships and it's home. It's Texas, don't even have to leave the state, that's why Texas made it."

Texas A&M: "The Aggies have a great agriculture program and that's what I'm looking to go study. That puts them up there along with my relationship with Coach Price. I talk to him almost every day and we get on a Zoom call at least once a week. We don't even always talk about football, it's great."

Utah: "Utah has a great defense. Coach (Scalley) does a great job developing linebackers and he sent 9 of his 11 defensive players to the draft this year."

Oklahoma: "It's OU. You can't take that lightly. All of the conference championships they've won back-to-back, it's like come on. They show how much they actually want me too."

Baylor: "Baylor was one of the first schools to hit me, it's just loyalty. They have a real good program, great campus and great education on top of that. The way Coach Aranda speaks and everything is so inspiring. He's a motivational man and that's a good program to be in."

Oklahoma State: "They were the second school to offer me and they really put me on the map. They showed me that I have what it takes to be a D1 athlete. Went to one of their games, a lot of great people in their town, got to hang out with their players. It was just great."

Regarding Harris' interaction with Texas, he has felt the love since being offered in February as he has been in communication with linebackers coach Jeff Choate, head coach Steve Sarkisian and Director of Recruiting Brandon Harris.

"It's actually really good," Harris said about Texas. "Me and Coach Sark get on the phone at least once a week and Coach Choate talks to me every single day. They show really great hospitality, whatever I ask they get back to me every Wednesday and every Friday. It's a great football team."

Harris is also the cousin of 2021 five-star signee Ja'Tavion Sanders and has extended relationships with other players in Austin. As of now, the Texas staff is recruiting Harris as an outside linebacker with a versatile role in the defense.

"They want me to play outside but can cover the receiver or hit the hole and cover the quarterback," he said. "They just wanna build me into a mold kind of like DeMarvion Overshown who is my favorite college player across the board right now."

At 6-foot-4, 190 pounds, Harris is the No. 338 ranked recruit in the country for the class of 2022, according to 247Sports Composite. A composite four-star, he is the No. 23 ranked athlete prospect in the country and the No. 45 recruit in the state of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TheBryMan81 said:

What I appreciate the most out of this is the coach saying he shut it down despite thinking he probably had more in the tank. That's a coach that's looking out for his player.

That's what Wright's coach should've done. "Hey Max, your form at 330 was a little off, let's shut it down for today" instead of letting him go up in weight and do that BS and put unnecessary stress on his knees due to poor form.

That's exactly why weightlifting fouls exist.  If you can't lift safely (for yourself and those around you), it wasn't a lift.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

NickHarris

Pilot Point (Texas) four-star athlete Ish Harris dropped a top six on Tuesday of Texas, Texas A&M, Utah, Oklahoma, Baylor and Oklahoma State as he takes the next step toward closing down his recruitment.

Harris has seen a rise this offseason as more notable offers start to come in with projection on both sides of the ball at the next level. Here's what Harris had to say to OU Insider's Collin Kennedy about each of his top six options:

Texas: "What stands out most is the brand. They have a great program with Coach Sark coming in and I talk to Coach Choate every day., he's a great man. We have great relationships and it's home. It's Texas, don't even have to leave the state, that's why Texas made it."

Texas A&M: "The Aggies have a great agriculture program and that's what I'm looking to go study. That puts them up there along with my relationship with Coach Price. I talk to him almost every day and we get on a Zoom call at least once a week. We don't even always talk about football, it's great."

Utah: "Utah has a great defense. Coach (Scalley) does a great job developing linebackers and he sent 9 of his 11 defensive players to the draft this year."

Oklahoma: "It's OU. You can't take that lightly. All of the conference championships they've won back-to-back, it's like come on. They show how much they actually want me too."

Baylor: "Baylor was one of the first schools to hit me, it's just loyalty. They have a real good program, great campus and great education on top of that. The way Coach Aranda speaks and everything is so inspiring. He's a motivational man and that's a good program to be in."

Oklahoma State: "They were the second school to offer me and they really put me on the map. They showed me that I have what it takes to be a D1 athlete. Went to one of their games, a lot of great people in their town, got to hang out with their players. It was just great."

Regarding Harris' interaction with Texas, he has felt the love since being offered in February as he has been in communication with linebackers coach Jeff Choate, head coach Steve Sarkisian and Director of Recruiting Brandon Harris.

"It's actually really good," Harris said about Texas. "Me and Coach Sark get on the phone at least once a week and Coach Choate talks to me every single day. They show really great hospitality, whatever I ask they get back to me every Wednesday and every Friday. It's a great football team."

Harris is also the cousin of 2021 five-star signee Ja'Tavion Sanders and has extended relationships with other players in Austin. As of now, the Texas staff is recruiting Harris as an outside linebacker with a versatile role in the defense.

"They want me to play outside but can cover the receiver or hit the hole and cover the quarterback," he said. "They just wanna build me into a mold kind of like DeMarvion Overshown who is my favorite college player across the board right now."

At 6-foot-4, 190 pounds, Harris is the No. 338 ranked recruit in the country for the class of 2022, according to 247Sports Composite. A composite four-star, he is the No. 23 ranked athlete prospect in the country and the No. 45 recruit in the state of Texas.

That answers the positional question - guess we like him at LB.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Yeah not certain he understands what a top list is supposed to convey....

Guess I've never really thought that deeply on exactly what a recruitment being "open" really meant, but always thought it to only mean they're not committed, both publicly or silently.  So I don't really see where he's got it all wrong. Maybe he has a top 10, but is only listing the top 6?. Maybe number 8 can make a move and jump up into his top 6, kicking out a team? Maybe there's an offer he's waiting on that he hasn't gotten yet that'll shoot up into the top 6?

Or maybe he's like some of these kids, seeing all of their peers dropping edits and top 5s all this time and wanting to be a part of it so bad that they rush one out the first chance they can get. 

OR maybe I should just stfu?

All I know is that we were promised a top 5 by some of the "geniuses" on here and they were wrong. I want a refund.

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Harris is also the cousin of 2021 five-star signee Ja'Tavion Sanders

Didn't know this. This might help, except:

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

The Aggies have a great agriculture program and that's what I'm looking to go study

Aggie lock comformed

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Guess I've never really thought that deeply on exactly what a recruitment being "open" really meant, but always thought it to only mean they're not committed, both publicly or silently.  So I don't really see where he's got it all wrong. Does it mean he doesn't also have a top 10, but only listing the top 6?. Maybe number 8 can make a move and jump up into his top 6, kicking out a team? Maybe there's an offer he's waiting on that he hasn't gotten yet that'll shoot up into the top 6?

Or maybe he's like some of these kids, seeing all of their peers dropping edits and top 5s all this time and wanting to be a part of it so bad that they rush one out the first chance they can get. 

All I know is that we were promised a top 5 by some of the "geniuses" on here and they were wrong. I want a refund.

"Here's my Top 6 right now but if Bama or Clemson or Ohio State want to throw me a committable offer this shit can change real quick."

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Reveal hidden contents

NickHarris

Wait, I thought the agriculture major was a joke

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You know what's a fun conversation, relevant to the topic at hand, and definitely good for Texas if anyone feels like screenshotting it?

Shitting all over Caden Sterns! Especially when you compare him unfavorably to a white player in the process!

Hmm I think it would be more problematic if they were saying Caden Sterns could never be Blake Gideon.  What is actually happening here is more of a shitty black player being compared to a shitty white player. So like equality.  We just fixed the EOT conundrum. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Run Run Run Punt said:

Hmm I think it would be more problematic if they were saying Caden Sterns could never be Blake Gideon.  What is actually happening here is more of a shitty black player being compared to a shitty white player. So like equality.  We just fixed the EOT conundrum. 

4F430957-B72C-4DA1-82F4-1F96ADE270A8.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

(Gerry Hamilton) IT Recruiting Matters: Can Texas pull off upsets to sign a top 5 class in 2022?

Spoiler

The Texas Longhorns currently sit in the top 5 of the 2022 class rankings. While the start is terrific and the momentum is building for Steve Sarkisian and staff, there is plenty of work to do be done to sign a class that finishes in the top 5.

The Texas class has seven four-star commits currently, and arguably leads for several others including Devon Campbell, Bryce Anderson, Kelvin Banks and Jamarion Miller. Texas is now trending favorably for Jacoby Mathews.

Then there are prospects such as Terrance Brooks, Denver Harris, and Niuafe Tuihalamaka that the Longhorns have big battles in front of them for their services, but are working from a good place.

The Longhorns will very likely continue to add the leaners to the class, and in time will win some 50-50 battles, but it’s how many additions working from behind that will determine just where the 2022 class finishes nationally.

With defensive line and offensive line the positions where Texas will have to come from behind to sign a complete class, the stakes are incredibly high.

Let’s say these would currently be minor upsets:
Chris Marshall, WR, Fort Bend Marshall
Texas is likely running second behind Texas A&M currently. With the Aggies having been in this recruitment longer, the Devon Achane angle, and some people close having strong relationships with Texas A&M, that makes this a climb for the Texas staff — but not one that is out of the question.

Kam Dewberry, OG/T, Atascocita
If Ohio State was 500 miles closer to home, the Buckeyes might be a lock. With that said, Oklahoma and Texas A&M are currently thought to be ahead of Texas — of the schools closer to home.

Earnest Greene, OG, St. John Bosco (CA)
The Longhorns will have to go into California and beat out Alabama, USC, Oregon, and just about everyone else for one of the nation's top guard prospects. We place this in the minor category because Texas has been receiving positive feedback.

D.J. Wesolak, DE/EDGE, Boonville (MO)
The Clemson offer made this even more of an uphill battle for the Longhorns. Notre Dame has a legit shot in this one too, meaning the Longhorns will have to overcome two CFB playoff teams from a season ago, and that’s if Alabama doesn’t jump in soon. With that said, Texas does have a shot here.

Derrick Brown, DE/EDGE, Texas High
This is in the minor upset category because Clayton Smith is at Oklahoma and the Sooners are working from a better spot right now. That could very well change with the Longhorns now having officially entered the race.

Zac Swanson, DT, Brophy College Prep (AZ)
This is a recruitment Texas can certainly win, but with the competition being USC and Oregon on a kid from Pac-12 country with plenty of ties out West, this would be a minor upset.

Jaray Bledsoe, DT, Bremond
Proximity to Texas A&M and the fact that Bremond has plenty of Texas A&M influence places this in the minor upset category. Then there is the natural pull of an Alabama offer, plus the fact that Oklahoma is the offer that excited the 6-foot-4, 270-pounder the most that adds to the uphill battle. Bo Davis is doing well here, however.

Harold Perkins, LB, Cy Park
IT places Perkins in minor upset category because the Longhorns were in this race prior to the coaching change and are back in it now. Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU and having plenty of connections to the Pelican State make this an uphill battle. A battle Jeff Banks is all in on.

Major upsets:
Kevin Coleman, WR, St. Mary’s (MO)
Alabama has been considered the favorite for a while now for the prospect from the Show Me State. Only Steve Sarkisian being hired at Texas provides the Longhorns with a shot as they currently sit No. 2 in this race with Arizona State also under serious consideration.

TreVonte’ Citizen, RB, Lake Charles Prep (LA)
LSU wants a RB from inside state lines. Say no more, and especially if fellow Pelican State RB Le’veon Moss continues to desire to get out of state and away from home for college. Stan Drayton is a big fan of this kid, and has recruited him like an in-state prospect of late.

Neto Umeozulu, OT, Allen
Texas hasn't signed a player from Allen High since Mack Brown was leading the program. Alabama is there. Ohio State is there. Oklahoma and Texas A&M are there. Kyle Flood and Jeff Banks are in the fight.

Omari Abor, DE, Duncanville
The 6-foot-4, 240-pounder has a strong liking for Ohio State, and Oklahoma is the program closest to home with the best chance if the Buckeyes are too far. Texas has run third here for a while.

Ernest Cooper IV, DE, Arlington Martin
Stanford remains at the top for the 6-foot-4, 235-pounder with Notre Dame, Texas, Texas A&M and Oregon working hard to pull the upset. Texas does have some Martin Mo right now, but Cooper will make an independent decision not based on emotion.

Khurtiss Perry, DT, Park Crossing (AL)
The 6-foot-3, 270-pound tackle likes Bo Davis, and is consistently in communication with the Longhorns. With that said, Alabama and Auburn covet the in-state star. The Texas staff is standing at the bottom of Mount Everest looking up with sun glaring in the eyes.

Bear Alexander, DT, Denton Ryan
The Georgia verbal remains in communication with Bo Davis and the Texas staff. And that is where IT will leave this recruitment until there is something more.

Anthony Lucas, Chaparral (AZ)
The Longhorns have officially entered the race for the 6-foot-4, 290-pounder with off the charts physical specs. Alabama, Notre Dame and Texas A&M in contention, too.

Who could Texas flip?
Quinn Ewers, QB, Southlake Carroll
Texas continues to be in contact with people close to the Ohio State verbal.

Jordan Hudson, WR, Garland High
The Oklahoma verbal continues to stay in daily contact with the Texas staff. And his mom likes the idea of Texas.

Caleb Burton, WR, Del Valle
It remains to be seen how hard Texas will push the silky smooth receiver, and Ohio State verbal. If Texas flipped the Austin area budding star at any point in the process, it would be a huge win for the new staff from a perception standpoint.

• Hook 'Em 6

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting